• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Tom Brady - There has to be more than this - YouTube

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
“I have the answers to the test now,” Brady said.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rs-to-the-test-has-seen-it-all-from-defenses/

That seems arrogant, but it’s just grounded in truth. Brady has been doing this for 17 years now, working with the greatest coach of all time in Bill Belichick.

“You can’t surprise me on defense. I’ve seen it all. I’ve processed 261 games, I’ve played them all,” Brady said. “It’s an incredibly hard sport, but because the processes are right and are in place, for anyone with experience in their job, it’s not as hard as it used to be. There was a time when quarterbacking was really hard for me because you didn’t know what to do. Now I really know what to do, I don’t want to stop now. This is when it’s really enjoyable to go out.”

This man is an enigma! We're lucky to be alive and to be witness to all he'll accomplish before he's done. There won't be another!

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I remember Steve Carlton saying similar stuff - and he was still dominate into his late 30's pitching. He was a fitness and health freak and felt like he could pitch until he was 50+ then one year Father Time caught up and he lost a few mph on the fast ball and the slider didn't break as hard as it used to. Even the rookies started hitting him hard. The same will happen with Brady soon - mentally he may be at his sharpest, but losing just a little on the "long out" is the difference between an easy first down and a pick six.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I remember Steve Carlton saying similar stuff - and he was still dominate into his late 30's pitching. He was a fitness and health freak and felt like he could pitch until he was 50+ then one year Father Time caught up and he lost a few mph on the fast ball and the slider didn't break as hard as it used to. Even the rookies started hitting him hard. The same will happen with Brady soon - mentally he may be at his sharpest, but losing just a little on the "long out" is the difference between an easy first down and a pick six.
Yep, it feels like you could go forever, until you don't! This guy is an enigma! There'll never be another one like him!

Last edited:

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yep, it feels like you could go forever, until you don't!

I will admit, after his last game I was watching him being interviewed on the field and was amazed how good he looked; like he didn't break a sweat. I said to my son "He looks like he could go run a marathon now!".

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will admit, after his last game I was watching him being interviewed on the field and was amazed how good he looked; like he didn't break a sweat. I said to my son "He looks like he could go run a marathon now!".

Have you ever played football? I played a lot of soccer & ice hockey as a young kid, when I started playing football I'd get to the end of the game and still have a lot in the tank. Obviously not the intensity of pro level, but football requires less cardiovascular conditioning than many sports.
It's about 11 minutes playing time, whistle-to-whistle. Take away defense and special teams and QB isn't playing more than 5 minutes in a given game. And he isn't pushing a pile or sprinting 40 yards downfield.

Not to take anything away from Brady, his accomplishments are unparalleled. I'm just not giving him huge credibility for supreme conditioning.

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Have you ever played football? I played a lot of soccer & ice hockey as a young kid, when I started playing football I'd get to the end of the game and still have a lot in the tank. Obviously not the intensity of pro level, but football requires less cardiovascular conditioning than many sports.
It's about 11 minutes playing time, whistle-to-whistle. Take away defense and special teams and QB isn't playing more than 5 minutes in a given game. And he isn't pushing a pile or sprinting 40 yards downfield.

Not to take anything away from Brady, his accomplishments are unparalleled. I'm just not giving him huge credibility for supreme conditioning.

I played football, but I was a lineman in the trenches - not a pretty boy Quarterback. :D

So I agree with your observation - especially considering Brady's game of sitting in the pocket.

Area51

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I was speaking with someone last week about how easy the Patriots road to the super bowl has been again this year. Couldn't have picked to bigger cream puff opponents than a young Tennessee team that was clearly in over their head and then a Jacksonville team led by one of the most incompetent QBs in NFL history. Now they get to face Philly's clipboard holder.

Belichick is a very good coach but far from the greatest ever. Just as Brady is a very good QB but also far from the best ever.

New England's biggest advantage is that no other team has a good coach/good QB tandem.

Teams that do have good QBs - - Pittsburgh, Carolina, Atlanta, Green Bay - - are stuck with clueless coaches. And teams that do have good coaches - - Arizona, Houston, Minnesota - - have atrocious QBs.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I was speaking with someone last week about how easy the Patriots road to the super bowl has been again this year. Couldn't have picked to bigger cream puff opponents than a young Tennessee team that was clearly in over their head and then a Jacksonville team led by one of the most incompetent QBs in NFL history. Now they get to face Philly's clipboard holder.

Belichick is a very good coach but far from the greatest ever. Just as Brady is a very good QB but also far from the best ever.

New England's biggest advantage is that no other team has a good coach/good QB tandem.

Teams that do have good QBs - - Pittsburgh, Carolina, Atlanta, Green Bay - - are stuck with clueless coaches. And teams that do have good coaches - - Arizona, Houston, Minnesota - - have atrocious QBs.
Bow and kiss the rings!

0610-new-england-launch-1.jpg

CHgiBx2UYAAeZ7G.jpg