• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

TOP GUN - MAVERICK, Finally a movie made the way movies should be made.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Cheap me went and see TOP GUN - Maverick after the rush and at matinee pricing.
The movie did not disappoint. Great flying scenes along with believable scenario and original Top Gun footage and connections.
I'd go see it again or buy the video for my collection.
Much more entertaining and less predictable the new Jurassic release. I felt I wasted my money on that one and could write the story sitting in dino movie.
It came across as a final casting call for all the actors in the previous chapters. Everybody but Richard Attenborough, Samuel L. Jackson, and the kids were in this hopefully FINALE.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Every time I think about it, I think the original should have had all the Kelly Mcgillis scenes cut out and replaced with aerial footage.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
It will be on teevee soon enough.

I just don't like tom cruise

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

i thought he "got shot down, broke his leg, became a POW, then became a traitor working against his own country..."

no, wait...

:ponder:

lol, type that in, see what you get...first spot even

i don't do movies and barely watch them at home as i've become very selective about whom i'm watching, act, up on that flat screen of mine...

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Not until CHRISTMAS 2022 or perhaps Presidents day 2023

ALWAYS six months from time of release and that's for a BAD movie

this one will rake in the dough for quite some time

ONCE the receipts drop off, then six month from that date and it WILL come out in DVD and will be shown on TV

it will be interesting who ponies up the bucks to be the first station to run it

one of the people who reviewed it said "Cruz had his inner TOM BRADY on" IE old guy kicking ass

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Its a good film but requires a very healthy suspension of disbelief. The stunts etc were better than the first one but the plot was more far fetched and not as good a film overall.

Also, it helps if you've never seen the trench run at the end of the original Star Wars.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
Original
20220618_192743.jpg
20220618_193137.jpg
20220618_193142.jpg

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I watched the "low budget" video with simple graphics and a spatula for the thrust control. I am thankful that I have no desire to pay a dime to watch this. Maybe when it is free on (whatever) I will watch it when I'm drunk, just to pass the time until sleep.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Not until CHRISTMAS 2022 or perhaps Presidents day 2023

ALWAYS six months from time of release and that's for a BAD movie

this one will rake in the dough for quite some time

ONCE the receipts drop off, then six month from that date and it WILL come out in DVD and will be shown on TV

it will be interesting who ponies up the bucks to be the first station to run it

one of the people who reviewed it said "Cruz had his inner TOM BRADY on" IE old guy kicking ass
I am not crazy about about Cruise in real life but I do like the persona he used in Jack Reacher, M.I. (all), Top Gun(s), and COLLATERAL ( he gets killed in that one).

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Hollweird movie schtick is s bad that they even screwed up the original "Midway"

Tom Crud did make one good movie.......he gets killed over and over and over......................

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Tom Crud did make one good movie.......he gets killed over and over and over......................
:dduck::rotf::fire::rotf::shit happens:
I forgot about that one. Good Catch DXD.

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
LoL. Survives a Mach 10 ejection from a disintegrating hypersonic aircraft.

Walks into town.

gets a drink of water.

DELETE!

There are worse. I am Legend. Megaforce. Starship Invasions. Attack of the Amazon Women from Mars

stAGgering

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The movie sucked..... ....... ...... S l o w as death.
All criticism above is correct.
Additionally, it follows the typical male discovery of self by sacrificing others, endless masochistic introversion, to save remaining.
Totally cave man with square wheel, rationalizing its success, while watching wheeled wagons pass by.
In this movie as it is linked to Top Bum a million years ago.
Mach 10 ego destruction rather than successful operation is plain moronic. Survival probability is zero x 1.1 Billion... so zero.
Try that in any private enterprise, or invention, or GP racing, or space exploration etc etc.
As usual Tom Gay near women look still looks like he has something in his butt.
Pro USA, anti Iran, thus pro Israel, pro enlistment and recruiters have been at theaters, pro govt horse pucky.
Hollywood should be bombed rather than... jeez can not think of anywhere US should bomb. Well maybe Martha's Vineyard?

Watched free before it even came out on:
https://www1.freemoviesfull.com This one has reverted to cam recorded. Was not when I viewed, or did not notice.

The other I know for free is: https://ww1.m4ufree.to/home.html This one will not play at peak times on my old Apple MacBook Pro.

Goldbrix, I made it into 12 free minutes of Jurasses and exited. Same Hollywood man wrong man bad, women right, kids no listen, kids save all as man/women power struggle and man pummeled too toe licking, but uses muscle and adrenaline to save scream complaining women and children. Obviously assuming such after only 12 minutes. However, when has it been different for masses sold movies in last 15 years +.
Hollywood has become equivalent to Louis L'Amour westerns. Same story/plot different names. I read half when I was 9/10 and upgraded to sincere content books. Like 'The Yearling', 'Fahrenheit 451', 'Dune', War and Peace', and soft stuff by C.S. Lewis etc etc. With no TV growing up I read a huge stack. I did not grasp all insinuated in content sometimes. Even had teachers tell me I was reading above my level... of indoctrination that is ;-)

I'd rather watch Yellowstone for entertainment. Save Montana !

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's bad to enjoy it, lol, the little kid nailed the "earth" joke. He was cute.

Tony Scott went a few rounds with the navy during the original. Its a movie, not a documentery.

To make it so that I could enjoy it it would have to be made 1000 years from now so that everything that goes into a spook show strike op is declassified.

It would be multiple hours long. 50 or more.

Nobody would want to see it but me

Yeah, it's many things.....but the indictment is on me for being a borderline aspergers detail obsessed egomaniac.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jail broken Firestick should have it in a month or so, just don't want to give those hollywood perverts my money.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Jail broken Firestick should have it in a month or so, just don't want to give those hollywood perverts my money.

Firesticks are android devices so they don't need to "jail broken." You can sideload various apps on them once you have the downloader app. There a lot of movies available for free if you are willing to sit through some commercials. Look for the Tubi, Pluto, Crackle, Roku and a dozen other apps.

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

It is already available.