• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

tracking penetration of c-19

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
US 3.26.20

3.26.20.png

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
US 3.27.20

3.27.20.jpg

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
WORLD 3.27.20

3.27.20 world.jpg

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The US is now #1 in COVID deaths. Yay us.
If these numbers are to be believed, but should they be?

1585311415658.png

It's not like lies were never sold to us and believed as 100% true before. Just one example...
1585311465320.png

Here's another...
1585311589963.png

We'll see how things pan out!!

Not meaning to trash your thread Scorp but the more this map gets posted the more fear is unintentionally spread. My intention of posting these reminders is to be sure everyone recalls how easily the public is duped into thinking how TPTB want them to think.

I've made my point here and won't post anything further. Thanks for your understanding

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I get it Shoot,

but the only real thing that matters is what the general populace think,

also, by watching the numbers, may give us some clues as to when this starts dying (literally) down and we can get on gettin' on

it is already being proven realtime that their original models were complete crap, and we will have no where near the impact they claimed we would have

Last edited:

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Trip report.

Went to town today to pick up gas/chicken food/cash etc. Medium sized town of 100k+ in the southeast.

Would say the stay at home order has had the opposite effect. Cant remember if ive ever seen as many people riding around doing random shit like getting a car wash, picking up a slushie from 7 11, eating out. We have had only 10 confirmed cases and 2 deaths.

I feel like im in the twilight zone. Complete disconnect from what the media is shouting to how people are behaving.

I did pass by a "health" center where doctors/nurses were decked out in PPE giving swabs in the parking lot.

On the bright side gas was only $1.58!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Edit = returning Scorpio's precious bandwidth he says I've been wasting - should make it easier to delete all my posts & attachments in bulk...

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Heard on the news that 1 million people from NYC moved out to their "country vacation homes" and "vacation spots". And my son told me the other day that in Vermont ALL the AirBnB's are full of New Yorkers - not a room to be found...
Talk about "spreading the wealth" (and what comes with it...)
I'm in a neighboring state and there are more than usual NY plates.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'll keep asking. Have these deaths been confirmed as due to the virus or is this deaths of people who had the virus?
Similar to the thought process of being a smoker and dying....the end report is that you died from smoking to inflate the numbers to spread the message.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Here in France I can't get tested even if I want to pay for it. Only if I end up in the ICU...

Can NOT trust the "official numbers" from around the world, due to the inconsistencies of testing availability and death diagnosis.
I have a friend in AL whose mother is in the hospital with a fever and "coughing up blood" and they won't even test her. She has a presumed positive.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I didn't really want to overrun other guys who had started threads on this thing,
some good ones out there,

This one was more to track the stats on the thing, and to comment to the stats.
We are trying to find the area where it tops out or flattens, then turns,
As they will continue to freak out if the numbers continue to grow.

Can we try to keep the commentary on this one to those stats?

Here is todays world map

WORLD 3.28.20

world 3.28.20.jpg

US 3.28.20

us 3.28.20.jpg

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
3/27 TO 3.28

WORLD 537808 TO 602262
gain = 64454
12% gain

US 85991 TO 104837
gain = 18846
21% gain

that map you can move around and dial it in on your location, your county, to get an idea of what is happening (supposedly) right in your area

Last edited:

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I hate to "interrupt" but as previously mentioned, those 'STATS' mean NOTHING without GENERALIZED TESTING and without DIAGNOSIS of the DEAD. Speaking from experience here in France, where there are NO TESTS for the GENERAL PUBLIC unless you're having RESPIRATORY FAILURE and only if ADMITTED TO A HOSPITAL - not in Nursing Homes for the Elderly - not in Retirement Homes either... where the "dead from pneumonia" are departing in caskets - several daily from EACH of those "Homes"... with NO TESTING FOR THE VIRUS. And not "counted" in the "stats"...
I wonder within that population how many are dying from neglect.

Bigfoot

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
those 'STATS' mean NOTHING
They are declaring people who have other types of corona virus, such as the common cold, as having Covid-19 because the tests they are doing can't determine the difference between similar virus types. They are also inflating the death numbers by claiming that people who died of respiratory failure died of Covid-19. Additionally, many people who really do catch Covid-19 don't even get sick at all. So, yes, the stats mean nothing. There's a more detailed explanation in the video below.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Guys, we all know that re stats,

but it doesn't matter, only what the general populace is seeing regarding this,
not to mention, your poli's are following this blueprint,

so don't shit yourself, your opinion and mine are useless

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
3.28.20 to 3.29.20

WORLD 602262 to 669312
gain 67050
11% change

US 104837 to 124686
gain 19849
19% change

percent change is down, but total cases for both is still up

WORLD

world 3.29.20.jpg

US

us 3.29.20.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Death rate (world) per this info: 16% Recovery rate: 21%

Death rate for US: 45% Recovery rate: 55%

This dataset is all we have to work with. The obvious fly in the data soup is the definition of exactly how many people actually have the CV, and how many have died of CV. The data is murky as a Liberal's logic.

It is a clear case of GIGO. It could be an order of magnitude wrong either fargin way: Worse or better.

One thing that is not even usable conceptually is the "official" method of figuring the fargin death rate by dividing the whole walking-around world of "maybe" CV in some stage of its infection by the number of dead.

That is not stupid, it is misleading as a sumbitch. Senseless.

If you use deaths as a "valid" number to define death rate, then you MUST use recoveries as a "valid" number to define recovery rate.

Figuring it like a politician, you divide the world number of infected by the world number of deaths, and you get the political number: 30,982 (dead) divided by 669,312 (total infected) = 4.6% death rate. <-- And that is what is published just about everywhere.

But then, complete the numerology exercise by using exactly the same half-witted finagling:

142,100 divided by 669,312 = 21% recovery rate

Logic would tell you the math problem has not been completed. You cannot have just one "rate" without the other.

They are saying that a piece of string has only one end on it.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Unca, dead 30982/ 669312 cases on the world map is 4.6%

am I missing something?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Unca, dead 30982/ 669312 cases on the world map is 4.6%

am I missing something?
Firstly - we all agree that the numbers as presented are...well - they are numbers...however - to Scorp's point - all that matters is what the public thinks - which is a derivative of what they are told.

I personally think the accurate way to measure this is to focus on the cases that have an actual outcome. And those outcomes are binary - either they recovered or they didnt...

When I do that with the most recent numbers posted by Scorp - I get a total of 173,082 outcomes. (30,982 deaths and 142,100 recovered).

If I divide the number of dead into the number of outcomes - I get a death rate of 17.9%...

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
you can't calculate a death rate on fantasy,
on maybes

that only buys into their bs

confirmed or not, dead or not dead

the rest is just sensationalism, and far far from being accurate to anything

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
you can't calculate a death rate on fantasy,
on maybes

that only buys into their bs

confirmed or not, dead or not dead

the rest is just sensationalism, and far far from being accurate to anything
How many "deaths" blamed on COVID were actually caused by some other underlying and pre-existing problem I wonder? Does a state get more Federal money when they have more COVID-related deaths, and is there a financial motive for them to blame a heart attack fatality on COVID if the person is positive (or presumed positive)....?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
How many "deaths" blamed on COVID were actually caused by some other underlying and pre-existing problem I wonder? Does a state get more Federal money when they have more COVID-related deaths, and is there a financial motive for them to blame a heart attack fatality on COVID if the person is positive (or presumed positive)....?
Moreover, how many people actually contracted and fully recovered from the beer virus who never made it into the numbers...potentially tens or perhaps hundreds of thousands...that would significantly affect the death rate.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Chew on this. In S. Korea, over 370,000 test were administered. Of those 354,000 came up negative.
Perhaps because they weren't using the Chinese test kits were, by some estimations I've seen, giving 80% inaccurate false positives. Hmmm, think there was something afoot there?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
21 million cellphones missing in China. Where did they go he asked?
I could see a whole mess of them reacting negatively to the mark of chin li,
and tossing them in the gutter where they belong

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I could see a whole mess of them reacting negatively to the mark of chin li,
and tossing them in the gutter where they belong
Every Chinese citizen has to own a cellphone, is registered with Face Recognition upon receiving it, has an app running 24/7 that tells the Politburo Green, Yellow, or Red health status, Geo located at all times, all banking and their version of SS all required and sent electronically to be checked via their cellphone (via face recognition). Tell me again, how many died. That's just in the past three months.

SC

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I have no idea if what you say is true,

I'll stand by what was stated

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Chew on this. In S. Korea, over 370,000 test were administered. Of those 354,000 came up negative.
That makes sense because they were the most pro-active and aggressive response. In order to find and isolate the carriers you must test a wide range of people. That's how they were able to slow the spread.