• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Transhumanism And The Future Of Humanity: 7 Ways The World Will Change By 2030

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I thought this was the best place to post this, as without computers, this would not happen.

I am glad that I won't be around to see this, or too damned old to give a shit !!!

Companies today are strategizing about future investments and technologies such as artificial intelligence, the internet of things, or growth around new business models. While many of these trends will make for solid investments for the next 5-10 years, fewer companies are considering the revolutionary convergence of disparate trends pulled from technology, behavioral and societal changes, and medical advances to understand how they will converge to transform society. This transformation will be messy, complex, and sometimes scary, but signals already point to a future of humanity that will blur our identities into “transhumanism.”

Frost & Sullivan
Transhumanism and the Future of Humanity

To understand this topic, our Visionary Innovation Group looked at three fundamental pillars of humanity and how they will evolve over the coming 10-15 years: our bodies, our thought, and our behavior. After identifying the driving forces that will transform these fundamental pillars, we extracted key themes emerging from their convergence. Ultimately our goal was to determine the ways in which the changing nature of humanity and transhumanism would affect individuals, society, businesses, and government.

A few of the trends that emerged from this study include the following seven trends. We hope they will spark discussion and innovation at your organizations.

• Our bodies will be augmented
The coming years will usher in a number of body augmentation capabilities that will enable humans to be smarter, stronger, and more capable than we are today. Wearables will be one form of body augmentation, but they will far surpass the fitness trackers of today. In the future, we can expect the arrival of contact lenses that can take pictures or video, universal language translator earbuds that allow us to communicate anywhere in the world, and exosuits that increase physical strength. We will also see increased use of implants ranging from brain microchips and neural lace to mind-controlled prosthesis and subdermal RFID chips that allow users to unlock doors or computer passwords with the wave of a hand. However, the most powerful body augmentation will come from biological augmentation as a result of increased insight into our genomes, advances in IVF technology that may allow us to select the most intelligent embryos, and powerful CRISPR gene-editing technology which may one day give us the ability to eliminate all heritable diseases.

These body augmentation capabilities will give rise to humans that are more resilient, optimized and continually monitored. They will also lead to implications around which job opportunities are available to those with and without augmented abilities, as well as impacting sports competition with hierarchies based on body augmentation. We already see the early days of this with questions around leg prosthesis and whether they provide runners with increased speed compared to that of an average human. At the same time, augmented bodies will usher in risks such as espionage potential via contact lens camera hacks, or even more worryingly, risk of a stratified human race based on those who can afford augmentations and those who cannot.

• Our thought processes will be faster and more transferable
Both wearable and implantable brain-machine interfaces (BMIs) are in development from organizations that include Elon Musk’s Neuralink, Facebook, and DARPA. These devices will dramatically alter the ways in which we communicate with each other, as well as digital devices. Today, when I speak with others, I am limited by the speed with which I can speak and the words on the tip of my tongue. When I interface with a computer, I am limited by the speed that I can type. BMIs will change all of this… to enabling communication at the speed of thought in its full, unfiltered state. Mark Zuckerberg has described the following scenario: Today, when we share our vacation experiences, we upload photos and videos. With BMIs, I can share my full sensory and emotional vacation experience with my friends and family. [ii]

• Gamification and behavioral science will increase human productivity
Continue reading here:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarwan...s-the-world-will-change-by-2030/#38a9db4c7d79

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The physical, mental and spiritual are an integrated whole in being human. If you substantially change the physical and mental nature of being human, it will also substantially change the spirit of a person. With each "augmentation" a person's real essence will be chipped away, piece by piece. At what point is a human being no longer a human being?

This is just me, but I'm going to bring religion into this briefly. Jesus said that in the end, it will be as it was "in the days of Noah." From an Enochian understanding of Genesis 6, we know that the main reason God judged the world and ultimately destroyed it was because the nature of humanity was fundamentally altered by breeding with the angels, producing nephilim. This was why humanity was wiped out, not essentially as a result of immorality.

If we head in that direction again, altering the nature of what it means to be a human being, if we don't bring about our own destruction, God certainly will. It looks like that time is fast approaching.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Religion or no religion, I think it is wrong, on many levels !
Yes, big, big mistake. It can only lead to disastrous results.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The physical, mental and spiritual are an integrated whole in being human. If you substantially change the physical and mental nature of being human, it will also substantially change the spirit of a person. With each "augmentation" a person's real essence will be chipped away, piece by piece. At what point is a human being no longer a human being?

This is just me, but I'm going to bring religion into this briefly. Jesus said that in the end, it will be as it was "in the days of Noah." From an Enochian understanding of Genesis 6, we know that the main reason God judged the world and ultimately destroyed it was because the nature of humanity was fundamentally altered by breeding with the angels, producing nephilim. This was why humanity was wiped out, not essentially as a result of immorality.

If we head in that direction again, altering the nature of what it means to be a human being, if we don't bring about our own destruction, God certainly will. It looks like that time is fast approaching.

In a rare moment I am going to disagree with you...it will not "...substantially change the spirit of a person.", it will, instead, diminish the functionality of the human spirit within the person so augmented. The human spirit is ever and always the same as it is limited (see: Adam, God, holy spirit, "Christ in"). By augmenting physical and mental parameters reliance on the limited human spirit is diminished further. The human is therefore diminishing further it's already limited capabilities. Exactly the opposite of what is promised by the new technology.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
In a rare moment I am going to disagree with you...it will not "...substantially change the spirit of a person.", it will, instead, diminish the functionality of the human spirit within the person so augmented. The human spirit is ever and always the same as it is limited (see: Adam, God, holy spirit, "Christ in"). By augmenting physical and mental parameters reliance on the limited human spirit is diminished further. The human is therefore diminishing further it's already limited capabilities. Exactly the opposite of what is promised by the new technology.
Mr. Alton, you are stretching my mental capacities, but I think you're on to something I haven't thought of. I will try to "grok" the meaning of your idea here a little better, but right now I have three heinekens in me, so I'm a bit mentally diminished.

Maybe, if you're so inclined, you can expand on or clarify your ideas.

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
OK, you guys, this is like waiting for the proverbial catsup/ketchup to plop out of the bottle.
Anticipation !!!

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I think what Mr. Alton was getting at, if I read him correctly, is that by increasing the physical and mental capabilities of a human being, said person would come to rely less and less on his spiritual qualities to overcome adversity. Becoming more like a god in the physical and mental realms, diminishes a person's need on the only true link to the holy that he really possesses, that being his spiritual dimension. By attempting to join the gods, metaphorically speaking, he actually drives himself further from them.

That might not be what he meant, but it's what I think he was driving at.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'd forgotten about this discussion, until this evening, Mr. Alton. Am I correct in my interpretation of your idea, or am I all washed up?

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'd forgotten about this discussion, until this evening, Mr. Alton. Am I correct in my interpretation of your idea, or am I all washed up?
Glad you brought it back up because I couldn't remember what thread it was in!

First, I must say that I really do not like doing this kind of thing on the interwebz. The bible is something best shared in person, face to face, in a comfortable, family setting. I am not a typist and it is, even after all these years a personal challenge for me to type out even a paragraph. I have to slow my brain way down and pedantically assemble words in a coherent and understandable manner. It is serious work for me. I drop letters, mis-spell words, use sloppy grammar, liberally sprinkle in punctuation and use lots of long sentences to complete thoughts. I must also tell you that I am doing this with a purpose and that is for any reader to know AND understand. I do NOT believe that taking this on at this point here at GIM II that I am in any way "casting my peals before swine". Neither will you be getting easy answers for this particular topic. In many way it IS the crux of the divide between man and God and goes to the why God had to send His son, a man, to be THE way, open the door to the way, to show the way and BE THE way back to God for all men except those who cannot go back to God. This topic is truly HUGE or for those who want to be cool, YUGE. I will most likely break this into chunks as it way to much to cover in a single post. I will guarantee that this is something you will NOT hear in church or even in your bible study groups because in many details it defies accepted church doctrines. Along the way there will lots of extra tidbits and many, if not all, the principles of biblical research. Again, this is because my purpose here is to help YOU understand, not just know. This topic will pretty much blow open the understanding of God, His word, His Son, His earth, His creation.

To start out I have to say that this is going to challenge you mentally and perhaps even some your beliefs. I will use the bible -King James Version as much as is possible citing chapter and verse as welling as directly related chapters and verses. I hope you have access to a concordance. I do like using biblegateway.com for online references mostly because it was for me the first bible website that I came across that was easy for me to navigate and gave me access to MANY translations. If you don't already know most major concordances are keyed to the King James Version which sort sets a standard reference for all basic biblical research. I will also be making reference here to electric universe theory and the mythology rooted in past events that has since impacted ALL of humanity in ways you have yet to imagine. Honestly, for me the electric universe theory and the place of mythology in the history of humans on earth has been a truly amazing enlightenment for me because within the fundamental mythology of the world, the petroglyphs, the art and imagination from all cultures across all continents on earth the REAL history of the earth and mankind is recorded and has been before our eyes ALL of our lives but it was never recognized for what it is...the history of man on this earth. Moreover this electric universe stuff is in the bible AND it has made formerly mysterious phrases and passages finally clear and easy to understand but not nearly so much as this topic. Other works will be referenced and noted.

A note: the books of the bible are titled appropriately. ALL chapters, their numeration and the division and numberings of the verses within each book of the bible are entirely without spiritual authority. They were added by scribes and translators solely as a reference tool. You WILL find places where these numerations are not even correct and break context of a passage and I know of at least one where it splits a sentence. What IS important are the words themselves and their immediate context and that immediate context in the greater context. So, away we go!

God is what? Most all Christians know or have heard that God is love. This phrase has even been used in commercials selling the bible on tape or now on a device like an old Sony Walkman. This phrase is part of a verse in 1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. This phrase is the central point of the context in I John 4. God IS love. We'll expand on that shortly. Why? Because God is not just love! Yes. God is even more.

In the very same book of the bible we have this: 1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Whoa! An apparent contradiction!!! First we're told that God is light and then we're told that God is love! What gives? But wait! There's MORE!

In the Gospel of John we find: John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Here's another reason the King James Version of the bible is the defacto standard for basic research, ALL words added by King James' translators were italicized. In the phrase "God is a spirit", "is" is italicized, it was added by the translators. The phrase is actually then "God a spirit".

So, when anyone asks "what is God?" we have an answer:
God is love
God is light
God a spirit

We also have the biblical reference for these!

So, what is love? I love pizza. I eat it and I feel good. Sex is often referred to as love...we make love. Then there's phileo. This is "brotherly love". It's what drives people to care for their fellow man, it's the love between friends. Then there is the love of God. This is God's kind of love, the kind where He gave His ONLY BEGOTTEN Son for you and me and all who choose (and it is and must be a deliberate choice that can ONLY be made by each individual) to do the most difficult thing educated people can do today and that is believe God. Not believe IN God. Even the demons do this: James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. Of course demons believe in God. They know He's there and has already set up their end of terrorizing. So demons believe IN God but they didn't believe God...an amazingly HUGE difference.

This is the end for tonight. The brain fog is rolling in so we'll continue, hopefully tomorrow.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Glad you brought it back up because I couldn't remember what thread it was in!

First, I must say that I really do not like doing this kind of thing on the interwebz. The bible is something best shared in person, face to face, in a comfortable, family setting. I am not a typist and it is, even after all these years a personal challenge for me to type out even a paragraph. I have to slow my brain way down and pedantically assemble words in a coherent and understandable manner. It is serious work for me. I drop letters, mis-spell words, use sloppy grammar, liberally sprinkle in punctuation and use lots of long sentences to complete thoughts. I must also tell you that I am doing this with a purpose and that is for any reader to know AND understand. I do NOT believe that taking this on at this point here at GIM II that I am in any way "casting my peals before swine". Neither will you be getting easy answers for this particular topic. In many way it IS the crux of the divide between man and God and goes to the why God had to send His son, a man, to be THE way, open the door to the way, to show the way and BE THE way back to God for all men except those who cannot go back to God. This topic is truly HUGE or for those who want to be cool, YUGE. I will most likely break this into chunks as it way to much to cover in a single post. I will guarantee that this is something you will NOT hear in church or even in your bible study groups because in many details it defies accepted church doctrines. Along the way there will lots of extra tidbits and many, if not all, the principles of biblical research. Again, this is because my purpose here is to help YOU understand, not just know. This topic will pretty much blow open the understanding of God, His word, His Son, His earth, His creation.

To start out I have to say that this is going to challenge you mentally and perhaps even some your beliefs. I will use the bible -King James Version as much as is possible citing chapter and verse as welling as directly related chapters and verses. I hope you have access to a concordance. I do like using biblegateway.com for online references mostly because it was for me the first bible website that I came across that was easy for me to navigate and gave me access to MANY translations. If you don't already know most major concordances are keyed to the King James Version which sort sets a standard reference for all basic biblical research. I will also be making reference here to electric universe theory and the mythology rooted in past events that has since impacted ALL of humanity in ways you have yet to imagine. Honestly, for me the electric universe theory and the place of mythology in the history of humans on earth has been a truly amazing enlightenment for me because within the fundamental mythology of the world, the petroglyphs, the art and imagination from all cultures across all continents on earth the REAL history of the earth and mankind is recorded and has been before our eyes ALL of our lives but it was never recognized for what it is...the history of man on this earth. Moreover this electric universe stuff is in the bible AND it has made formerly mysterious phrases and passages finally clear and easy to understand but not nearly so much as this topic. Other works will be referenced and noted.

A note: the books of the bible are titled appropriately. ALL chapters, their numeration and the division and numberings of the verses within each book of the bible are entirely without spiritual authority. They were added by scribes and translators solely as a reference tool. You WILL find places where these numerations are not even correct and break context of a passage and I know of at least one where it splits a sentence. What IS important are the words themselves and their immediate context and that immediate context in the greater context. So, away we go!

God is what? Most all Christians know or have heard that God is love. This phrase has even been used in commercials selling the bible on tape or now on a device like an old Sony Walkman. This phrase is part of a verse in 1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. This phrase is the central point of the context in I John 4. God IS love. We'll expand on that shortly. Why? Because God is not just love! Yes. God is even more.

In the very same book of the bible we have this: 1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Whoa! An apparent contradiction!!! First we're told that God is light and then we're told that God is love! What gives? But wait! There's MORE!

In the Gospel of John we find: John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Here's another reason the King James Version of the bible is the defacto standard for basic research, ALL words added by King James' translators were italicized. In the phrase "God is a spirit", "is" is italicized, it was added by the translators. The phrase is actually then "God a spirit".

So, when anyone asks "what is God?" we have an answer:
God is love
God is light
God a spirit

We also have the biblical reference for these!

So, what is love? I love pizza. I eat it and I feel good. Sex is often referred to as love...we make love. Then there's phileo. This is "brotherly love". It's what drives people to care for their fellow man, it's the love between friends. Then there is the love of God. This is God's kind of love, the kind where He gave His ONLY BEGOTTEN Son for you and me and all who choose (and it is and must be a deliberate choice that can ONLY be made by each individual) to do the most difficult thing educated people can do today and that is believe God. Not believe IN God. Even the demons do this: James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. Of course demons believe in God. They know He's there and has already set up their end of terrorizing. So demons believe IN God but they didn't believe God...an amazingly HUGE difference.

This is the end for tonight. The brain fog is rolling in so we'll continue, hopefully tomorrow.
Very interesting, so far. Thanks for taking the time to elaborate.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I am not a typist and it is, even after all these years a personal challenge for me to type out even a paragraph. I have to slow my brain way down and pedantically assemble words in a coherent and understandable manner. It is serious work for me. I drop letters, mis-spell words, use sloppy grammar, liberally sprinkle in punctuation and use lots of long sentences to complete thoughts.
I hear ya, Alton, I hear ya !!

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
even after all these years a personal challenge for me to type out even a paragraph. I have to slow my brain way down and pedantically assemble words in a coherent and understandable manner. It is serious work for me.

Interesting statement from, IMHO, one of the most articulate and erudite members of this forum. I wish I had half the skill you have with words.

This is just a simple thank you for sharing your excellent content.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Everything is cyclical. Advanced civilizations of the past are now buried under millennia of fallen decayed debris, have been eroded into dust or have sunken to below the sea bed. If you wait long enough we'll be right back to where we are now.

Naked you come naked you go. Don't become too attached to anything here. It's all very ephemeral.