• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump budget expected to seek historic contraction of federal workforce

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
President Trump’s budget proposal this week would shake the federal government to its core if enacted, culling back numerous programs and expediting a historic contraction of the federal workforce.

This would be the first time the government has executed cuts of this magnitude — and all at once — since the drawdown following World War II, economists and budget analysts said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...d727b644a0b_story.html?utm_term=.3b9462360578

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
We need it.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
We need "First hired, first fired" Drain off the top. The culture well then change.
NO WAY that will work, that's union speak and it sucks.. What we need is to be able to fire the dead weight no matter what the seniority.

.41Dave

Seeker
Seeker
NO WAY that will work, that's union speak and it sucks.. What we need is to be able to fire the dead weight no matter what the seniority.
Wouldn't "First hired, first fired" be the antithesis of what a union would want? It would be firing the most senior first.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Union policy is last hired, first fired.

The typical dead weight are the guys protected by their time on the job (in most cases)

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wouldn't "First hired, first fired" be the antithesis of what a union would want? It would be firing the most senior first.
If you are gonna fire people, it's the deadweight that should go first, regardless of seniority.

If you have a competent manager, why would you let him go just because he was hired first?

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Oh no. I mean good. Depends on what the article wants me to think.

I'm all for reduction of work force if it would equate cost savings. But I doubt the numbers would translate to saving money as the allocated sum would probably go into a different account.