• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump Calls For Red Flag Laws

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I did listen. If I wanted some gender neutral soy boy to run the country I wouldn't have voted for trump. After Obama i think we all had enough of the gender Neutral though. :)
Trump had balls to take on the establishment. Now i want to see those hairy oranges in all their glory when he whips them out and tells them all to go get forked. The guns stay.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Trump said he is ok with a law that keeps mentally deranged people from having access to guns..and people with hate issues (whatever that means)...

The problem - as I stated earlier - is that it would be a bureaucracy that would determine what the "mental" and "hate" issues are that would preclude access to firearms...a slippery slope that is sure to end badly for liberty...

This is a direct assault on the liberty of every American - and should be opposed as stridently as possible.

NOTE: I am not normally this "polar"...as I can usually see both sides to a debate...but - on this particular issue...and understanding the original purpose of the 2nd amendment...there is no other way to view this as a direct assault on the protections of the 2nd amendment.

SHALL NOT means precisely what it says. PRECISELY.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
have we arrived at the real reason why tramp was installed as .pres?

gwb was used as the lackey to initiate a war and the patriot act, which is anything but
the kenyan was brought in to do .gov healthcare

and now tramp, following the mantra of repub for law and order once again

the better play by them is always to use the party which is known for x, for instance the 2nd amendment, to take away that x.

looks like it follows perfectly with the yin and yang of dem vs repub and their propagandized positions,

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Trump could actually come out and say exactly what this dude just said. It's unconstitutional and wont pass at the SC so he wont support it now.
Then all the corrupt press headlines would be saying something like "Trump comes out in favor of murdering innocent citizens" and there would be a greater chance of what you don't want actually happening. There's no chance of facts appeasing the whackos. Best strategy could be to string them on until they latch onto a different phony crisis.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Then all the corrupt press headlines would be saying something like "Trump comes out in favor of murdering innocent citizens" and there would be a greater chance of what you don't want actually happening. There's no chance of facts appeasing the whackos. Best strategy could be to string them on until they latch onto a different phony crisis.
I doubt even the left would buy into that headline.
I think 1/2 the dems are over in Europe partying on our dime right now for summer recess. Nothing will move on this until they return and by then something else will come to the forefront or the Senate may just outright reject any bill. Lets hope it all just goes away and we get back to whats his name diddling little girls.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
... Nothing will move on this until they return and by then something else will come to the forefront .
And now you sound like the guy you just called "a fucking moron."

At the 14:50 mark: "The news cycle moves fast... give it two weeks. Fuck, look at Las Vegas, they shot up a bunch of Trump supporters and there's way more to that story than we ever found out and it was out of the news cycle in 21 days. And these shootings aren't even anywhere close to as big as the Las Vegas shootings were and they will be out of the news cycle so, you watch, by Monday this will be out of the news cycle. We will have turned the page to something else and it will either be a positive or a negative. A lot of it is going to depend on you guys."

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Except for the part where I call on the president that I voted for to vote against what i stand for to appease the other side. It's hard enough fighting the retards on the left without having my own team give in to them.
To be clear, there is no law that the left has passed that they would wait on to appease the right. They pass whatever laws they want, when they can and then fight tooth and nail to try to stop our team from doing the same. They kick and beg and scream so we give in just a little bit and then when we do they ram whatever they can up our ass so hard and so far that we are busy fighting that and cant get anything else done.
My original comments stand. Trump needs to stand for something. That something should most definitely be the constitution and bill of rights

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
I think you are mistaken in thinking Trump is giving in to them.

Listen from the 16:00 mark to 21:50 (less than 6 minutes) in this video:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Red Flag laws don't work. They are already on the books in 17 states. Connecticut was the first state to pass a Red Flag law in 1999. It didn't stop Sandy Hook.

Listen from the 16:00 mark to 21:50 (less than 6 minutes) in the video above (post #89).

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
PM190807.jpg

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
For the record,

I think anyone who has an inkling of an idea as to how the Federal Reserve works is batshit crazy. The only exception should be the bankers themselves.

See how easy that is?

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Where is the video/audio clip of Trump actually calling for Red Flag laws to be written and passed?
I'm glad you asked. I think Fox News intentionally doesn't want us to know about it. Here is the transcript and the video. Please note the portions which I have highlighted in red.

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. My fellow Americans, this morning, our nation is overcome with shock, horror, and sorrow. This weekend, more than 80 people were killed or wounded in two evil attacks.

On Saturday morning, in El Paso, Texas, a wicked man went to a Walmart store, where families were shopping with their loved ones. He shot and murdered 20 people, and injured 26 others, including precious little children.

Then, in the early hours of Sunday morning in Dayton, Ohio, another twisted monster opened fire on a crowded downtown street. He murdered 9 people, including his own sister, and injured 27 others.

The First Lady and I join all Americans in praying and grieving for the victims, their families, and the survivors. We will stand by their side forever. We will never forget.

These barbaric slaughters are an assault upon our communities, an attack upon our nation, and a crime against all of humanity. We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil, the cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed, and the terror. Our hearts are shattered for every family whose parents, children, husbands, and wives were ripped from their arms and their lives. America weeps for the fallen.

We are a loving nation, and our children are entitled to grow up in a just, peaceful, and loving society. Together, we lock arms to shoulder the grief, we ask God in Heaven to ease the anguish of those who suffer, and we vow to act with urgent resolve.

I want to thank the many law enforcement personnel who responded to these atrocities with the extraordinary grace and courage of American heroes.

I have spoken with Texas Governor Greg Abbott and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, as well as Mayor Dee Margo of El Paso, Texas, and Mayor Nan Whaley of Dayton, Ohio, to express our profound sadness and unfailing support.

Today, we also send the condolences of our nation to President Obrador of Mexico, and all the people of Mexico, for the loss of their citizens in the El Paso shooting. Terrible, terrible thing.

I have also been in close contact with Attorney General Barr and FBI Director Wray. Federal authorities are on the ground, and I have directed them to provide any and all assistance required -- whatever is needed.

The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism -- whatever they need.

We must recognize that the Internet has provided a dangerous avenue to radicalize disturbed minds and perform demented acts. We must shine light on the dark recesses of the Internet, and stop mass murders before they start. The Internet, likewise, is used for human trafficking, illegal drug distribution, and so many other heinous crimes. The perils of the Internet and social media cannot be ignored, and they will not be ignored.

In the two decades since Columbine, our nation has watched with rising horror and dread as one mass shooting has followed another -- over and over again, decade after decade.

We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless. We can and will stop this evil contagion. In that task, we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner. That will truly make America safer and better for all.

First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan -- partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.

As an example, the monster in the Parkland high school in Florida had many red flags against him, and yet nobody took decisive action. Nobody did anything. Why not?

Second, we must stop the glorification of violence in our society. This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence. We must stop or substantially reduce this, and it has to begin immediately. Cultural change is hard, but each of us can choose to build a culture that celebrates the inherent worth and dignity of every human life. That’s what we have to do.

Third, we must reform our mental health laws to better identify mentally disturbed individuals who may commit acts of violence and make sure those people not only get treatment, but, when necessary, involuntary confinement. Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.

Fourth, we must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms, and that, if they do, those firearms can be taken through rapid due process. That is why I have called for red flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders.

Today, I am also directing the Department of Justice to propose legislation ensuring that those who commit hate crimes and mass murders face the death penalty, and that this capital punishment be delivered quickly, decisively, and without years of needless delay.

These are just a few of the areas of cooperation that we can pursue. I am open and ready to listen and discuss all ideas that will actually work and make a very big difference.

Republicans and Democrats have proven that we can join together in a bipartisan fashion to address this plague. Last year, we enacted the STOP School Violence and Fix NICS Acts into law, providing grants to improve school safety and strengthening critical background checks for firearm purchases. At my direction, the Department of Justice banned bump stocks. Last year, we prosecuted a record number of firearms offenses. But there is so much more that we have to do.

Now is the time to set destructive partisanship aside -- so destructive -- and find the courage to answer hatred with unity, devotion, and love. Our future is in our control. America will rise to the challenge. We will always have and we always will win. The choice is ours and ours alone. It is not up to mentally ill monsters; it is up to us.

If we are able to pass great legislation after all of these years, we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain.

May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo. May God protect them. May God protect all of those from Texas to Ohio. May God bless the victims and their families. May God bless America.

Thank you very much. Thank you.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
So I listened from the 16:00 mark to the end and I’ll give a brief summary of what this meatball in his moms basement said.

1) He is trying to get a heads up on the plans of the deep state by dissecting Cory Booker and Steve Bannon tweets.

2) Q Follower

3) Sean Hannity Believer

4) Believes major bombshells that will rock this nation to its core are coming this fall from the AG & Justice Department this fall.

5) Thinks Jin Cramer (the CNBC mad money guy) is giving Trump subliminal Q messages.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I sure don't like the direction this is going in.
Sounds as though Trump is buying into the Leftist bullshit. Or is he playing for time.
Either way, its a full out assault on our Republic.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sounds to me like Trump has given in already. Giving FBI more powers and it looks like things are about to get much worse for Americans.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan -- partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike

This is the old definition of fascism.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So I listened from the 16:00 mark to the end and I’ll give a brief summary of what this meatball in his moms basement said.

1) He is trying to get a heads up on the plans of the deep state by dissecting Cory Booker and Steve Bannon tweets.

2) Q Follower

3) Sean Hannity Believer

4) Believes major bombshells that will rock this nation to its core are coming this fall from the AG & Justice Department this fall.

5) Thinks Jin Cramer (the CNBC mad money guy) is giving Trump subliminal Q messages.
Thanks for the Soy Boi interpretation, you saved me some time.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
First the patriot act was going to be used to identify domestic threats of foreigners, fast forward and now they will use it against Americans.
Not 1 word against the crazies.
Not one word against the SSRI's that are being dispensed like candy
Now one word against the hateful fake media spewing forth hate and racism.

The FBI has failed every single time when warning signs were there and investigations were done. How'd they do on the LV shooter, or miami or any of the others they never seem to stop.
Next up, present your real ID at every checkpoint.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sounds to me like Trump has given in already. Giving FBI more powers and it looks like things are about to get much worse for Americans.
From day one, he was never anything more than "not Hillary" for me. But I had hope (not the Obama kind). I was very impressed with his handling of the Hondurans at the southern border. Quiet force, just waited them out and watched them shit and piss all over Mexico. I got a kick out him trolling the left at every turn, and gave him benefit of the doubt at every turn. I cannot do that here.

I know he's been slammed and beat down by the left more than any sitting POTUS, but this is unforgivable. If he gives a go on this, we're done.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Ms P. If I had to guess, I'd say your panties are soaking wet with this news. You always struck me as one who has chomped at the bit to see this man fall. just my inference. I think it has always escaped you, that if we fall, so do you.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan -- partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike

This is the old definition of fascism.
Absolutely chilling. Definitely merger of corporation and state. Picking up right where Obama left off. The deep state is competing with China to build the ultimate police state. We already have 6x the incarceration rate of the PRC. Trump has never really been against the deep state, that was just a marketing term fed to him by Cambridge Analytica, along with "drain the swamp". Don the Con just wants to be the one giving the orders and making the back room deals. Y'all being played.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm glad you asked. I think Fox News intentionally doesn't want us to know about it. Here is the transcript and the video. Please note the portions which I have highlighted in red.

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. My fellow Americans, this morning, our nation is overcome with shock, horror, and sorrow. This weekend, more than 80 people were killed or wounded in two evil attacks.

On Saturday morning, in El Paso, Texas, a wicked man went to a Walmart store, where families were shopping with their loved ones. He shot and murdered 20 people, and injured 26 others, including precious little children.

Then, in the early hours of Sunday morning in Dayton, Ohio, another twisted monster opened fire on a crowded downtown street. He murdered 9 people, including his own sister, and injured 27 others.

The First Lady and I join all Americans in praying and grieving for the victims, their families, and the survivors. We will stand by their side forever. We will never forget.

These barbaric slaughters are an assault upon our communities, an attack upon our nation, and a crime against all of humanity. We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil, the cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed, and the terror. Our hearts are shattered for every family whose parents, children, husbands, and wives were ripped from their arms and their lives. America weeps for the fallen.

We are a loving nation, and our children are entitled to grow up in a just, peaceful, and loving society. Together, we lock arms to shoulder the grief, we ask God in Heaven to ease the anguish of those who suffer, and we vow to act with urgent resolve.

I want to thank the many law enforcement personnel who responded to these atrocities with the extraordinary grace and courage of American heroes.

I have spoken with Texas Governor Greg Abbott and Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, as well as Mayor Dee Margo of El Paso, Texas, and Mayor Nan Whaley of Dayton, Ohio, to express our profound sadness and unfailing support.

Today, we also send the condolences of our nation to President Obrador of Mexico, and all the people of Mexico, for the loss of their citizens in the El Paso shooting. Terrible, terrible thing.

I have also been in close contact with Attorney General Barr and FBI Director Wray. Federal authorities are on the ground, and I have directed them to provide any and all assistance required -- whatever is needed.

The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism -- whatever they need.

We must recognize that the Internet has provided a dangerous avenue to radicalize disturbed minds and perform demented acts. We must shine light on the dark recesses of the Internet, and stop mass murders before they start. The Internet, likewise, is used for human trafficking, illegal drug distribution, and so many other heinous crimes. The perils of the Internet and social media cannot be ignored, and they will not be ignored.

In the two decades since Columbine, our nation has watched with rising horror and dread as one mass shooting has followed another -- over and over again, decade after decade.

We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless. We can and will stop this evil contagion. In that task, we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner. That will truly make America safer and better for all.

First, we must do a better job of identifying and acting on early warning signs. I am directing the Department of Justice to work in partisan -- partnership with local, state, and federal agencies, as well as social media companies, to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike.

As an example, the monster in the Parkland high school in Florida had many red flags against him, and yet nobody took decisive action. Nobody did anything. Why not?

Second, we must stop the glorification of violence in our society. This includes the gruesome and grisly video games that are now commonplace. It is too easy today for troubled youth to surround themselves with a culture that celebrates violence. We must stop or substantially reduce this, and it has to begin immediately. Cultural change is hard, but each of us can choose to build a culture that celebrates the inherent worth and dignity of every human life. That’s what we have to do.

Third, we must reform our mental health laws to better identify mentally disturbed individuals who may commit acts of violence and make sure those people not only get treatment, but, when necessary, involuntary confinement. Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.

Fourth, we must make sure that those judged to pose a grave risk to public safety do not have access to firearms, and that, if they do, those firearms can be taken through rapid due process. That is why I have called for red flag laws, also known as extreme risk protection orders.

Today, I am also directing the Department of Justice to propose legislation ensuring that those who commit hate crimes and mass murders face the death penalty, and that this capital punishment be delivered quickly, decisively, and without years of needless delay.

These are just a few of the areas of cooperation that we can pursue. I am open and ready to listen and discuss all ideas that will actually work and make a very big difference.

Republicans and Democrats have proven that we can join together in a bipartisan fashion to address this plague. Last year, we enacted the STOP School Violence and Fix NICS Acts into law, providing grants to improve school safety and strengthening critical background checks for firearm purchases. At my direction, the Department of Justice banned bump stocks. Last year, we prosecuted a record number of firearms offenses. But there is so much more that we have to do.

Now is the time to set destructive partisanship aside -- so destructive -- and find the courage to answer hatred with unity, devotion, and love. Our future is in our control. America will rise to the challenge. We will always have and we always will win. The choice is ours and ours alone. It is not up to mentally ill monsters; it is up to us.

If we are able to pass great legislation after all of these years, we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain.

May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo. May God protect them. May God protect all of those from Texas to Ohio. May God bless the victims and their families. May God bless America.

Thank you very much. Thank you.

Thank you!

If he truly is changing direction then he IS done but why would he bow to pressure, knowing that would lose him the 2020 election and that law is what the next Democratic president will use to take the guns?

I say pay attention to what he does, not what he says!

Ok well, to keep with his theme, I will say right out front, this guy is a fucking moron. Oh we just have to give up our rights and Trump has to go along with it so he can appease the left and it will all be overturned in the SC.. Yea still waiting on the patriot act to be overturned. Sorry, I don't buy it for one minute.

Trump could actually come out and say exactly what this dude just said. It's unconstitutional and wont pass at the SC so he wont support it now. Why is it every law has to be passed and then we can see whats in it and take it to the SC at a huge cost to US just because they cant follow the constitution. The other problem with this is who is going to take it to the SC? Are we really going to take our chances with that?
Nope, not buying it. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. :dduck::Helicopter:fire:

There is 0 reason to appease the left on this issue. If anything it's high time politicians came out in support of the 2nd and told Americans to arm themselves. There is no other solution to this problem. If everyone was armed these shooting would be far less frequent and there would be way less casualties. Just look at Chicago, Aint one mother forker in that city carrying legally and yet the weekend shooting sprees are epic. It's like everyone loads clips all week getting ready for the festivities on the weekend.
I watched that show too Cigarlover and I didn't get what you heard. I heard him say it won't happen and if it did they would be butt f**cked by the SC because Red flag laws do infringe on the 2ed.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The Left is already saying anybody that votes for Trump has mental illness. Just think how quickly you would lose your guns.
There will be Blood! Great movie! Anyone here seen it?

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
In Effect anything you say can and will be used against you. was reading at Indiana Gun Owners forum that since 2005 that Jake Laird's Law has been used 700 times.

I would like to see some study on when and how it's been used and what "Due Process" protections are offered anyone accused.

on the surface it looks like that these laws throw the entire bill of rights out the window, not just the 2nd

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I've said before, I don't think the Don realized what he was in for. I don't think anyone knew exactly how bad it is. Now we do and so does he. If he goes along with these red flag laws he's finished. It's a way for him to bow out gracefully like Bush1. Awe shucks, if only I had won a 2nd term I coulda got so much more done. He's old, he's tired and I think he's seriously considering signing these laws into place and when he does, he's finished. Hopefully this causes a civil war but I seriously doubt it will.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
fwiw,

fox snooze is trumpeting the red flag laws, necessary, needed, the NRA is looney for opposing them, etc

just as they did the patriot act

so again, when the chips are down, fox sides with the globalists
you have exposed the controlled opposition big bear! It's shedding its sheep's clothing and rearing its ugly head! The older I get the wiser and, with that new found wisdom, more disappointed I get! It's hard to explain!

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
If these pass there is one last chance to save the country. Obviously the Gov isn't going to help us here. Once the guns are gone, it's over. If our only hope is the SC coming and saving us, forget it.
I'm not even sure what a CW would look like but more than likely it wont happen and even if it did the Gov would step in with military and quash it pretty quick. Of course it would be big news and all the criminals in DC get to go free and spend our money they stole.
Of course this is just step 1. The next step will be when they ban all guns. We know what happens after that.

Bigfoot

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If these pass there is one last chance to save the country. Obviously the Gov isn't going to help us here. Once the guns are gone, it's over. If our only hope is the SC coming and saving us, forget it.
I honestly hope I'm wrong, but I don't think the SC will save us either. How many times do they refuse to hear important cases? A lot, right. On top of that, Kavanaugh has been a supporter of domestic spying, and then during his confirmation hearing he told Lindsey Graham that he would support martial law in order to thwart terrorism. Of course the public was distracted with the sexual accusations, and most people didn't notice.