• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump Effect: US Treasury Takes in $160 BILLION Surplus in April Alone, Revenues ‘All Time High’

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Trump Effect: US Treasury Takes in $160 BILLION Surplus in April Alone, Revenues ‘All Time High’
By Pamela Geller - on May 10, 2019

The US economy continued to roar to life during the first quarter of 2019, with new data showing the Treasury took in a whopping $160 billion surplus in April alone.

“The federal government recorded a $160.3 billion surplus in April as revenues jumped to an all-time high,” reports the Associated Press. “The Trump administration projected in March that this year’s deficit will hit $1.1 trillion, up from an actual deficit of $779 billion for the budget year that ended Sept. 30. The administration is projecting the deficit will stay above $1 trillion for four straight years.”

The strong economic report comes as top Democratic presidential contenders -including Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, and Joe Biden- vow to repeal President Trump’s tax cuts should they retake the White House.

Read the full report at the Associated Press.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
So Social Security now fixed? National Debt paid off or down? Free Medical Care for all? Or will we give this Money to Israel? Accounting tricks are fun...

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm kind of curious as to how the Treasury takes in any monies when all the tax goes directly to the federal reserve? Yeah, kind of curious here.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
shouldn't the left celebrate this? it is the group that wants bigger/stronger fedgov.....no better way to make it bigger/stronger than to increase fedgov's take from the economy

so the corporate tax cuts...and all of the whining about it.....and the american people's tax cut......yet RECORD tax revenue

high time to call out those that spread the hype/lies hurting fedgov's collections

trump's policies often benefit the left more than the right. true right-ists should recoil in horror at the record

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
How can there be a surplus, if there is a deficit?
More maga bullshit for the pigeons to feed on. One month's revenue overage will have little effect on this graph.
1557844586418.png

Soon (about five/seven years) every dollar the Fed collects in taxes will only cover THE YEARLY INTEREST on the total debt.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Peter Schiff explains the massive amount of money printing that will be required during the next recession as basically we solved (postponed) the debt crisis of 2008 with an exponential increase in debt.

Kind of like the junkie solving his heroin withdrawal problems with more junk. It works right up until the moment it doesn't.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Peter Schiff explains the massive amount of money printing that will be required during the next recession as basically we solved (postponed) the debt crisis of 2008 with an exponential increase in debt.

Kind of like the junkie solving his heroin withdrawal problems with more junk. It works right up until the moment it doesn't.
I remember when I used to think that Peter Schiff knew what he was talking about. There are a lot of Doom Prophets who have been wrong for years or decades.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
More maga bullshit for the pigeons to feed on. One month's revenue overage will have little effect on this graph.
View attachment 131714

Soon (about five/seven years) every dollar the Fed collects in taxes will only cover THE YEARLY INTEREST on the total debt.
Yeah but why should I care how the government handles its money? Taxes are theft anyway and I've been paying them since I was 16 so it's a little late for me to worry about how the government is spending my tax dollars, especially when you consider they'll spend it any way they want, regardless what I think.

All I can control are my own personal finances and debt service. I've done fairly well in those areas so I don't lay awake at night worrying about the national debt!

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
A chunk of that revenue came from cannabis.

DENVER -- As more and more states begin legalizing marijuana, Colorado's cannabis industry continues to hit new highs.

Sales reports released by the Colorado Department of Revenue show dispensaries sold more than $114.3 million in recreational marijuana in March, a record number.

The previous record was set last August, when sales topped $112 million.

"People are realizing that this is here to stay, it's not a joke," says Peter Marcus, with Terrapin Care Station. "These are safe, regulated places to purchase cannabis, so people who might have been unwilling or hesitant to get involved in the first place, are now seeing that it's totally acceptable."

Since Colorado legalized recreational marijuana in 2012, nine additional states have followed.

The record numbers show a drop in marijuana tourism, isn't hurting sales.

"I think that there were assumptions in the beginning, as to what this industry would look like in terms of its customer base," he says. "We're seeing a whole variety of customers. One of our fastest growing demographics is older people."

So far this year, Coloradoans have purchased $386 million in marijuana.

The state is once again on pace to set an annual record, which has happened every year since 2014.

"That $115 in monthly sales, that translates obviously to tax dollars for the state of Colorado, but beyond that, those are people that are spending their money in stores, which means we can hire more employees, which means greater workforce development," says Marcus.

"As long as the growth is based on responsible rules and regulations that govern this industry, then of course let it grow."
https://kdvr.com/2019/05/13/colorado-marijuana-sales-hit-new-record/

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
shouldn't the left celebrate this? it is the group that wants bigger/stronger fedgov.....no better way to make it bigger/stronger than to increase fedgov's take from the economy

so the corporate tax cuts...and all of the whining about it.....and the american people's tax cut......yet RECORD tax revenue

high time to call out those that spread the hype/lies hurting fedgov's collections

trump's policies often benefit the left more than the right. true right-ists should recoil in horror at the record
DUDE 'and not the big Labowsik'; dude have you seen what the shitheads in Oregon have done to cover the PERS? THEFT by TAXATION, and all to make bank on a contract they left in the wind.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You mean the California Registration Fee of $10?
This 'Fee' is being used to pay for the CHP Pension Fund:

"The state has a New Year’s surprise for motorists. Sorry, it isn’t road improvements. Auto registration fees are going up $10, beginning in April, to help offset the rising cost of pensions for retired CHP officers. “It’s a pension tax — call it what it is,” state Sen. John Moorlach, an Orange County Republican, told Bloomberg News. "

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/opinion/6470666-181/thumbs-down-a-pension-tax

A Fund that has already been paid for through taxation is now demanding to be paid for 'twice'
A Public Retirement Fund that requires my taxes to be paid TWICE in order to pay these Retiree's ONCE

breach of contract
Sue all the Politicians who signed on to this bill
oh wait, they're all ready exonerated

officer barbrady,
i want to call shenanigans

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You mean the California Registration Fee of $10?
This 'Fee' is being used to pay for the CHP Pension Fund:

"The state has a New Year’s surprise for motorists. Sorry, it isn’t road improvements. Auto registration fees are going up $10, beginning in April, to help offset the rising cost of pensions for retired CHP officers. “It’s a pension tax — call it what it is,” state Sen. John Moorlach, an Orange County Republican, told Bloomberg News. "

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/opinion/6470666-181/thumbs-down-a-pension-tax

A Fund that has already been paid for through taxation is now demanding to be paid for 'twice'
A Public Retirement Fund that requires my taxes to be paid TWICE in order to pay these Retiree's ONCE

breach of contract
Sue all the Politicians who signed on to this bill
oh wait, they're all ready exonerated

officer barbrady,
i want to call shenanigans
Yeah...yeah...I din't think that hoe who don't know which side of the plate to swing off of and her pos"democrats had an Original IDEA......

OREGON always two weeks behind....