• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump, Israel & The Middle East

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
U.S. warns allies Trump will take Jerusalem vote "personally"

CBS News
Pamela Falk
7 hrs ago

UNITED NATIONS -- President Trump will be watching a vote in the United Nations General Assembly "very carefully," and has asked his ambassador to the world body, Nikki Haley, to "report back on those countries who voted against us," Haley wrote in a letter sent Tuesday to some countries. The letter has been obtained by CBS News.

Haley also sent a tweet warning the U.S. would be "taking names" in Thursday's scheduled vote, which is intended to show a United Nations unified around getting President Trump to withdraw his administration's unilateral recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

With the letter and the tweet, Haley is pressing other countries to stand by the U.S. decision, hoping for a better result than in last week's vote on a similar resolution in the Security Council which left the U.S. alone against the 14 other Council members. The U.S., as a permanent member of the Council, was able to veto that measure with a single vote.

CBS News obtained a copy of Haley's letter from three different nations -- all allies of the U.S. -- but it is unclear how many other countries received it. Haley wrote that the U.S., "will take note of each and every vote on this issue."

Watch: Macron says he told Trump Jerusalem decision would be "a mistake"

She made the point that the Thursday vote is something to take seriously. "As you know, the General Assembly is considering a resolution about President Trump's recent decision on Jerusalem," Haley wrote. "As you consider your vote, I want you to know that the President and U.S. take this vote personally."

The letter explains the history that 22 years ago, "the U.S. Congress declared that Jerusalem should be recognized as the capital of Israel, and that the U.S. Embassy should be located in Jerusalem. President Trump affirmed that declaration by officially recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel."

The letter also explains the overall U.S. policy. "The President's announcement did not prejudge final status negotiations in any way, including the specific boundaries of Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem. The President also made sure to support the status quo at Jerusalem's holy sites, and did not advocate changes to the arrangements at the Temple Mount/Haram al-Sharif."

The Jerusalem resolution to be presented to the General Assembly on Thursday is similar, although not identical, to the one presented to the Security Council last week.

Watch: Trump administration faces challenges in Mideast

In the Security Council vote, the United States vetoed the United Nations Security Council draft resolution that was proposed by Egypt and called for the reversal of Mr. Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

The vote was held in response to Mr. Trump's announcement earlier this month that the U.S. recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

After the vote, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said the U.S. does not veto resolutions lightly and that this was her first veto -- that it stood for "American sovereignty" and its role in the Middle East peace process.

Haley told the Security Council that she has hope the peace process is not dead.

"Our hand remains extended to both parties ... We call on all countries that share this commitment to learn the hard lessons of the past and work to bring Israel and the Palestinian people in good faith to the peace table," she said.

The resolution to be presented on Thursday to the General Assembly is brought under a rarely used 1950 resolution called "Uniting for Peace" that has a provision that would give authority to the 193-nation body to act when the Security Council is deadlocked.

The point of both resolutions, negotiators said, is to show that the U.S. stands alone on the Jerusalem recognition.

The draft resolution expresses regret at recent decisions concerning the status of Jerusalem -- without mentioning the U.S. or Mr. Trump -- and states that any decisions to change the status of Jerusalem are "null and void," that it has "no legal effect" and "must be rescinded." It also called on countries not to establish diplomatic missions in the city.

Watch: Protests continue after Trump's Jerusalem recognition

Nickolay Mladenov, the U.N.'s special coordinator for the Middle East said, "in the wake of the decision of the United States to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the situation has become more tense with an increase in incidents, notably rockets fired from Gaza and clashes between Palestinians and Israeli security forces." Following Mr. Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, Haley said in early December the U.S. still has credibility as a mediator with Israel and Palestinians. The Palestinians, however, have declared Mr. Trump's move a "crime," and said the U.S. no longer has any role to play in a Middle East peace process.

Peace talks in the Middle East have stalled, although the so-called "Middle East Quartet" still is in place. It includes the U.S., Russia, the European Union and the United Nations.

In Haley's letter to her fellow ambassadors, she explained "the U.S. announcement is an acknowledgement that peace is best advanced, not set back, when all parties are honest with each other about the basic facts. Jerusalem has been the capital of Israel since the country's founding nearly seventy years ago."

"To be clear," she wrote, "we are not asking that other countries move their embassies to Jerusalem, though we think it would be appropriate. We are simply asking that you acknowledge the historical friendship, partnership, and support we have extended and respect our decision about our own embassy."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...te-personally/ar-BBH3knP?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump threatens to stop aid to UN member states which vote against US Jerusalem move
RT

Published on Dec 20, 2017
President Trump has threatened to cut aid to UN members who vote for a resolution condemning the U.S. decision recognising Jerusalem as Israel's capital. READ MORE: https://on.rt.com/8v9z

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
the capital of Israel has to be Jerusalem. It’s 64+% Jewish anyway.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
the capital of Israel has to be Jerusalem. It’s 64+% Jewish anyway.
By that metric, the capital of Mexico is Laredo, Texas.

This Jerusalem crap is my least favorite thing Trump has done, still seeing only downside for America. It jacks up tension in an already tense region.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You gotta pick sides on this one. Personally I don’t give a fuck about it. But Israel holds more weight than Palestine.

If the Arabs wanted it, they should have focused on taking it.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
By that metric, the capital of Mexico is Laredo, Texas.

This Jerusalem crap is my least favorite thing Trump has done, still seeing only downside for America. It jacks up tension in an already tense region.
If Mexico were to rule Laredo by de facto and then claim it, what would happen to Mexico? The USA would reestablish sovereignty by force.

What are the Arabs going to do?

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What are the Arabs going to do?
Presumably they'll continue being crushed under Israeli/US/Saudi jackboots. If one truly believes that might makes right then there's no problem here.

Most Americans seem fine with it as long as there's an occasional Muslim involved in a false flag attack stateside. Hey, we gotta stop those nasty Iranians from getting nukes right? ...never mind that Israel has had them for years.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Trump has given the Israelis what they wanted. He also set in motion something that they didn't want but feel they're prepared to deal with....Palestinian and Muzzie pushback. Trouble with that plan is that Trump can pull back US support on a whim and leave the Jews out to dry. Give them a sense of stability, wait until they're vulnerable then yank their safety net.

Hell, that's what I would do!

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
US Consulate in Jerusalem has functioned as de facto embassy for decades.
It is not under the embassy in Tel Aviv.
Reports directly to Washington DC.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The Jews uprooted an entire culture because 'muh promised land'. I'm struggling to understand how, as a victim of that I wouldn't be pissed as hell!
I love it when a plan comes together. Trump gave Israel what it wanted now it's their shitstorm to deal with!
How much foreign aid does the American taxpayer give to a religious cause?
It's always gonna be the taxpayer who is getting the shaft.

This move is AIPAC approved!

The shit storm is gonna start and guaranteed to drag the U.S. in.

Be relieved no politician's kids will be joining the infantry to fight for their religious cause.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I rather we just minded our own business. The US has no business taking a side in the Israel/Palestine crap.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
How much foreign aid does the American taxpayer give to a religious cause?
It's always gonna be the taxpayer who is getting the shaft.

This move is AIPAC approved!

The shit storm is gonna start and guaranteed to drag the U.S. in.

Be relieved no politician's kids will be joining the infantry to fight for their religious cause.
In the past we had politicians to drag us into more wars. I'm hoping Trump plan is to reel in the big Gefilte Fish and cut off its head! Yeah, I dream big!!

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Gotta have a dream.

I wouldn't mind a little party involving rope for our allies that helped our men on the USS Liberty.
I'd rather just machine gun'em if its all the same to you. Let them understand what it was like being on the other side of those jets firing at their ship!

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'd rather just machine gun'em if its all the same to you. Let them understand what it was like being on the other side of those jets firing at their ship!
I defer to your judgment.

Eye for an eye.

Good enough for the religious folks sounds right up their alley.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
IMO, the only real solution is a 1 state solution. Freedom of religion in Israel...
But the Jews don’t want that because the Arabs/Muslims will out populate them eventually.
There is nothing in the works, Israel or U.S. agreements, that prevent the Palestinians from placing their capital in their portion of the city they control. - DYODD

PROG / MUSLIM high grade BULL SH!T being served up, and the "useful idiots" are lapping it up.

What I do like is all those nations that voted against the U.S. at the UN could lose US Funds. That would be a Debt Reduction with absolutely no sweat on the American people.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
....risking a new revolt against his Middle East agenda, says journalist and scholar Rami Khouri
Blah, Blah, BLAH BLAH BLAH. The Muslims NEVER have attempted a peace accord. A respite to re-arm and reload but no move towards peace. THEIR Constitution PROHIBITS peace as long as there is an Israel.

"If Palestine were to lay down their guns tomorrow, there would be no war. If Israel were to lay down theirs, there would be no Israel" - Benjamin Netanyahu.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
United Nations votes overwhelmingly against Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital – ignoring his threat to take cash away from countries defying the U.S.
  • United Nations held emergency General Assembly session Thursday over Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital
  • Member nations voted 128-9 with 35 abstentions on a resolution regretting 'recent decisions concerning the status of Jerusalem'
  • 'Decisions and actions which purport to have altered the character, status or demographic composition of the Holy City of Jerusalem ... are null and void'
  • Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador, had already vetoed a similar resolution Monday in the Security Council
  • Donald Trump says he could cut cash to countries that voted against the U.S.
  • Haley warned Thursday that America will remember the tally when other nations ask it to continue funding the UN at a disproportionate level
  • Diplomats expected strong support for the resolution – which is symbolic and nonbinding
  • 'Israel completely rejects this preposterous resolution. Jerusalem is our capital, always was, always will be,' Benjamin Netanyahu said in response

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5203067/Haley-warns-anti-Israel-nations-Dont-disrespect-America.html#ixzz51zHDGA5y
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The country that started all this, the creation the state of Israel with the Balfour Declaration in 1917, Great Britain aka The United Kingdom voted against their own political "tar baby' .

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
There is nothing in the works, Israel or U.S. agreements, that prevent the Palestinians from placing their capital in their portion of the city they control. - DYODD

PROG / MUSLIM high grade BULL SH!T being served up, and the "useful idiots" are lapping it up.

What I do like is all those nations that voted against the U.S. at the UN could lose US Funds. That would be a Debt Reduction with absolutely no sweat on the American people.
A 128 nations said "Bullshit to Donald Trump", I'm happy.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
A 128 nations said "Bullshit to Donald Trump", I'm happy.
I'd be happy if the fully staffed UN building were unceremoniously bulldozed into the sea, but yeah Trump should've just stayed out of the Israeli capitol debate.

phoneman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Blah, Blah, BLAH BLAH BLAH. The Muslims NEVER have attempted a peace accord. A respite to re-arm and reload but no move towards peace. THEIR Constitution PROHIBITS peace as long as there is an Israel.

"If Palestine were to lay down their guns tomorrow, there would be no war. If Israel were to lay down theirs, there would be no Israel" - Benjamin Netanyahu.

Thanks for laying the truth out. You made it plain and simple.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Palestinian president Abbas says he will 'no longer accept' any peace plan proposed by the US as Putin and Erdogan agree on the creation of a Palestinian state after Trump's Jerusalem decision
  • Donald Trump decided on December 6 to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital
  • UN decided yesterday to reject Trump's decision by 128 to 9 with 35 abstentions
  • The Russian and Turkish presidents spoke to each other in a phone call today
  • Agreed on 'the right of the Palestinian people to create an independent state'
  • Mahmud Abbas said in Paris that he would 'no longer accept' a US peace plan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5206309/Putin-Erdogan-agree-creation-Palestinian-state.html#ixzz521H0LihO

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Ex-marine convert, 26, who calls himself a 'slave of Allah' is arrested for plotting Christmas Day terror attack on San Francisco's Pier 39 sparked by Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital
  • Everitt Aaron Jameson, 26, from Modesto, California, was arrested on Wednesday
  • He is accused of plotting a Christmas Day bomb attack on the Pier 39 in San Francisco
  • FBI agents say Jameson planned the attack with one of their undercover agents
  • He offered up his services as a tow truck driver for other attacks and said he admired previous killings
  • He made specific reference to the October 31 truck attack in New York City which killed eight people
  • On Wednesday, police found three handguns and four fireworks at his home
  • He was taken into custody on a charge of attempting to prove material support to foreign terrorist organization

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5207039/Ex-marine-plots-Christmas-terror-attack-San-Francisco.html#ixzz522SKuIzx

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Like it or not, Israel can make whatever city they have as their capital.
Congress voted years ago to move the embassy there, only the various Presidents since the vote have delayed making it happen.
We can put our embassy wherever we want, or not have one. It's our decision.
The UN has exactly zero power in determining what city or location is decided on by any country to be their capital. It is literally none of their business.
In the same respect, it is none of the UN's business where we decide to put our embassies.

Cutting off aid to other countries? Where do I sign up? I don't care what the reason is, cut it off.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I'll be happy when I hear he has cut their purse strings. :belly laugh:
I'll bet the 35 abstentions and the eight yes votes are the countries that suck up our tax dollars the most, I certainly hope that Trump has the guts to stop bribing all the other nations that voted " no". I won't hold my breath though, I expect Trump will fold.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Ex-marine convert, 26, who calls himself a 'slave of Allah' is arrested for plotting Christmas Day terror attack on San Francisco's Pier 39 sparked by Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital
  • Everitt Aaron Jameson, 26, from Modesto, California, was arrested on Wednesday
  • He is accused of plotting a Christmas Day bomb attack on the Pier 39 in San Francisco
  • FBI agents say Jameson planned the attack with one of their undercover agents
  • He offered up his services as a tow truck driver for other attacks and said he admired previous killings
  • He made specific reference to the October 31 truck attack in New York City which killed eight people
  • On Wednesday, police found three handguns and four fireworks at his home
  • He was taken into custody on a charge of attempting to prove material support to foreign terrorist organization

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5207039/Ex-marine-plots-Christmas-terror-attack-San-Francisco.html#ixzz522SKuIzx
Ex Marine...currently a CIA operative!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
I'll be happy when I hear he has cut their purse strings.
Cutting off aid to other countries? Where do I sign up? I don't care what the reason is, cut it off.
:beer:

Should have been outta the UN years ago. As to funding other countries - that's madness when our seniors haven't had a decent raise in SS in many years and our population goes without a good, cheap health care plan.

Get us out
https://www.jbs.org/action-projects/get-us-out-of-the-united-nations

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Kiryas Joel, welfare capital and jewish capital...in NY too.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Guatemala to move its Israeli embassy to Jerusalem after voting with the US during UN vote denouncing President Trump's recognition of the city
  • Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales said he spoke with Israeli PM Netanyahu
  • After the talks he decided to move the country's Israeli embassy to Jerusalem
  • A UN resolution earlier this week denounced Trump's recognition of the city
  • Guatemala was one of nine nations that voted with the US in the resolution

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5210805/Guatemala-Israeli-embassy-Jerusalem.html#ixzz52ECDaiof

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Looking at those figures there a more expensive "monkey(s)" that better start "dancin' to our organ grinders Music".

I see alot of budget reductions coming. Our reduced spending and their reduced budgets. :2 thumbs up: