• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump marijuana.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
According to the guy in this vid, anyone in all 50 States can legally get mmj delivered to them via USPS, thanks to ObamaCare. I wonder if they use registered mail for that? lol

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Before the thirties, many patent medicines had cannabis, and for the most part, it worked. Cannabis is now replacing many pharmaceuticals in the legal states, and their profits are starting to decline

I believe the backlash from the drug companies is what is causing this slowdown in legalization.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
For-profit prisons were significant donors to Trump's campaign. They also donated significantly to Hillary.
With Sessions pushing for maximum sentences for drug crimes, that is a direct subsidy of for-profit prisons.

The war on drugs comes at massive costs to society, but there are plenty who profit from it.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Don't forget the new immigration laws and private prisons. There are thousands of illegal aliens in the joint and they are a large part of the private prisons P & L statements.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
I dunno why you have to label people "pot heads", I like the odd drink but not much really... never been anywhere near alcoholic, five or six a week. I like the odd toke, couple times a month maybe... pot head... nah! Yet you get blow back from people you know have had problems with alcohol about being a "pot head". I know plenty of light users of both, all well adjusted normal contributing people.

Get over the 'pot head' thing, a couple of glasses of wine don't make you an alcoholic sooooooo.... why the extreme attitude to pot?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Trump Super PAC Took [illegal] Money From Private Prison Company
BY GREG PRICE @GP_IBTIMES ON 11/03/16 AT 8:54 AM

During the election cycle, Donald Trump's campaign as received more than $59.3 million in "outside money." Photo: Reuters

A subsidiary of GEO Group, the second-largest private prison company in the United States, reportedly made an illegal $100,000 donation to Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s Rebuilding America Now super PAC in August. The Campaign Legal Center, a nonprofit built to defend voting rights, filed a complaint to the Federal Election Commission Tuesday that claims GEO Corrections Holdings Inc. made the donation on Aug. 19, one day after President Barack Obama announced a “phase out” of the use of private prisons.

The Campaign Legal Center alleges the GEO Group has a vested interest in a Trump victory and claims the donation violates a federal law aimed at hindering companies holding federal contracts from making contributions. Roughly 45 percent of GEO’s annual revenue comes from federal contracts, according to the Campaign Legal Center.
http://www.ibtimes.com/illegal-camp...pac-took-money-private-prison-company-2441117

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
If you believe its a failure don't just spout a line, why do you think its a failure?
The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the planet, largely due to the war on drugs.

The 'war on drugs' gives the police powers to violate constitutional rights by simply saying they "smell drugs" or by making a dog bark or by going off the word of a druggie informant. You can get your anus searched and sent to jail because of a faulty drug kit.

Despite their "efforts" the country is flooded with drugs and there isn't a single drug free high school in America. Not one. If I wanted drugs right now as I type this message, I could go buy some within an hour.

There is no ending to it and it's not working; just an ever increasing police state.

What comes in th future? Drones in the sky scanning people's homes looking for plants with a paraswat team on standby ready to kick down your door and handcuff your wife and daughters in their night garments? These things have already happened and the situation isn't deescalating.

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What comes in th future? Drones in the sky scanning people's homes looking for plants with a paraswat team on standby ready to kick down your door and handcuff your wife and daughters in their night garments? These things have already happened and the situation isn't deescalating.
They say that wouldn't happen if people would just start doing as their told and stop questioning authority so much. lol

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Jeff Sessions personally asked Congress to let him prosecute medical marijuana providers

... protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

Sessions's citing of a "historic drug epidemic" to justify a crackdown on medical marijuana is at odds with what researchers know about current drug use and abuse in the United States. The epidemic Sessions refers to involves deadly opiate drugs, not marijuana. A growing body of research (acknowledged by the National Institute on Drug Abuse) has shown that opiate deaths and overdoses actually decrease in states with medical marijuana laws on the books.

President Trump had offered support of state-level medical marijuana regulations, including the notion that states should be free to do what they want on the policy. But Sessions's letter, with its explicit appeal to allow the Justice Department to go after medical marijuana providers, appears to undermine that support.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...et-him-prosecute-medical-marijuana-providers/

BF

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Sessions must have family members that are being paid by big pharmaceutical.

If they were as hard on opiates as they are MJ, maybe we would get somewhere.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sessions must have family members that are being paid by big pharmaceutical.

If they were as hard on opiates as they are MJ, maybe we would get somewhere.
I could never understand the war on pot. It's an herb that relaxes you yet you can still be functional, unlike alcohol. Yet alcohol is available everywhere and pot is the devil incarnate.

It simply doesn't add up!

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Drug possession for personal use is the single most arrested offense in the United States. In 2015, police made 14 percent more arrests for simple marijuana possession alone than for all violent crimes combined.

In Texas, for instance, 116 people are currently serving life sentences on charges of simple drug possession. Seven of those people earned their sentences for possessing quantities of drugs weighing between 1 gram and 4 grams, or less than a typical sugar packet. That's because Texas also has a habitual-offender law, allowing prosecutors to seek longer-than-normal sentences for people who have two prior felonies. (Silly snowflakes)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...ana-use-than-for-all-violent-crimes-combined/
Rollie, how do you not see this as a failure? Drug use has not gone down after decades of the war on drugs.

We have a government that punishes it's citizens rather than protecting them.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Deputy AG: Marijuana is federally illegal and has no medical use

by NORMLJune 13, 2017

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was questioned about federal marijuana policy during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing today and his responses were disconcerting to say the least.

Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) asked Rosenstein about the current tension between state and federal marijuana laws.

“We do have a conflict between federal law and the law in some states. It’s a difficult issue for parents like me, who have to provide guidance to our kids… I’ve talked to Chuck Rosenberg, the administrator of the DEA and we follow the law and the science,” said Rosenstein, “And from a legal and scientific perspective, marijuana is an unlawful drug. It’s properly scheduled under Schedule I. And therefore we have this conflict.”

He further elaborated on the Trump Administration’s view of the Cole Memo, which was issued by President Obama’s Deputy Attorney General James Cole, which lays out guidelines for marijuana businesses operating in medical and legal states if they wish to avoid federal interference.

“Jim Cole tried to deal with it in that memorandum and at the moment that memorandum is still in effect. Maybe there will be changes to it in the future but we’re still operating under that policy which is an effort to balance the conflicting interests with regard to marijuana,” stated Rosenstein, “So I can assure you that is going to be a high priority for me as the U.S. Attorneys come on board to talk about how to deal with that challenge in the states that have legalized or decriminalized marijuana, whether it be for recreational or medical use…”

He also said that the Department of Justice is “responsible for enforcing the law. It’s illegal, and that is the federal policy with regards to marijuana.”

After testifying in front of the Senate Appropriations Committee, he also appeared before its House counterpart.

Representative Kilmer (D-WA) further questioned the Deputy Attorney General on the Cole Memo and the Department of Justice’s pending review of it, asking for an update on Attorney General Jeff Sessions view on it.

Rosenstein responded: “I do not have an update. I can tell you, it’s a very complicated issue for us. Under federal law as passed by the Congress, and given the science concerning marijuana, it’s a Schedule I controlled substance. That’s a decision I’ve talked with (DEA) Administrator Rosenberg about. Some states have taken a different approach and legalized or decriminalized marijuana for medical use and in some cases recreational use…The question of whether it’s legal under federal law is resolved because Congress has passed a law — it’s illegal. Scientists have found that there’s no accepted medical use for it. Cole made an effort to examine the issue and find a way forward for the department where we could continue with our obligation to enforce federal law and minimize the intrusion on states that were attempting to follow a different path.”

Despite these critiques, Rosenstein stated any revisions are likely to happen further down the road.

“For the moment the Cole memo remains our policy. There may be an opportunity to review it in the future, but at the moment I’m not aware of any proposal to change it. But I think we’re all going to have to deal with it in the future.”

You can watch the exchange on CSPAN by clicking HERE

Send a message to your member of Congress to support legislation to end federal marijuana prohibition by clicking HERE.

http://blog.norml.org/2017/06/13/deputy-ag-marijuana-is-federally-illegal-and-has-no-medical-use/

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
No medical use besides like saving people from death, curing cancer, relieving pain without addiction, relieving anxiety, improving glaucoma, stopping parkinsons tremors....

Jeff Sessions needs to get back in his time machine and go back to a century that wants him.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
We now have more prisoners than People's Republic of China, despite having 1/3 the population.
Nixon started the "war on drugs" in 1971.
You do the math.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Around 13% of the US adult population smokes dope. That means 87 out of every 100 people do not give one flying shit less about dope, who uses dope or what happens to them when they get caught with dope.
I have a few middle age friends who use it and it's all they talk about. Dope dope dope we have some we need some he has some but his is shitty. Who has the best dope did you hear about the dope from X?

Boring as hell. It's like listening to high school people all over again.

. OK rant over. Got any dope?
.:2 thumbs up:
http://www.dailywire.com/news/8242/study-how-many-americans-are-smoking-pot-number-pardes-seleh#
13% smokes dope... and most of the other 87% takes pharmaceutical "mood changers"... with plenty of questionable side-effects...
Choose your poison...

I think ALL DRUGS should be "decriminalized" - like in Portugal for well over 10 years - where they took 10% of the monies wasted on prohibition, legal & prison, and placed that 10% in prevention and treatment.
Result?
- NO INCREASE in "usage" (many studies show that the SAME % of the population will "use", whether legal or not).
- DECREASE of violent crime, muggings, break-ins, since prices dropped to the level affordable by a "wage-earner".
- DECREASE in WELFARE COSTS - since the Government doesn't have to support the families of incarcerated users.

And I believe that it's a "God-Given Right" for an individual to put WHATEVER he/she wants in their OWN body... even if it isn't "good" for them. And to REFUSE having OTHERS force them to ingest what they DO NOT WANT (vaccines, for instance).

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Yay dope. . .
aroll.gif

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
What’s more, the clinical use of cannabis stands to bring significant budgetary savings for government health insurance programs. Research that we’ve recently published in Health Affairs shows that if all 50 states allowed medical cannabis in 2014, Medicare and Medicaid would have saved more than $1.5 billion on prescription drugs.

The biggest savings would come from reduced prescriptions for pain medications — a large share of which are opioids. This explains why states that have approved medical cannabis have experienced fewer opioid-related deaths. As NIDA noted, “medical marijuana products may have a role in reducing the use of opioids needed to control pain.”

There ya go.
Follow the money. Big Pharma.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sessions is so much a 1980's numbnutz. Bassackwards yokel with a penchant for strong gov overreach.

Yes, he is a bulldog in a position that requires a bulldog. However, he is showing himself to be a myopic nincompoop by focusing on laws and issues that have little to do with actual crimes against property and persons, fraud, theft and the rest of the REAL crimes (cough, pedogate, cough Clintons, cough, DW Shultz, cough).

Hey Sessions! LEAVE THE POT ALONE!

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Cannabis cures the epilepsy and replaces benzopdiazapenes.

http://rare.us/rare-politics/rare-l...-most-vulnerable-i-would-know-im-one-of-them/

Jeff Sessions’ crusade against marijuana hurts the most vulnerable — I would know, I’m one of them.
Rare POV
Article will continue after advertisement

By Garett Roush

If Attorney General Jeff Sessions had his way, I would once again be at risk of constant seizures.

The former U.S. Senator from Alabama and now the nation’s top cop has started a crusade against states that have allowed access to cannabis for both medicinal and recreational use.

As an epileptic, medicinal marijuana has allowed me to stave off seizures after more than 10 months. No longer do I fear an episode and the pain that comes with it. Mr. Sessions must not ignore the medicinal benefits of marijuana in the free market.

After being force-fed “FDA Approved” benzodiazepines and a consistent rotation of side-effect ridden epilepsy medications, it took only cannabis to stop my tonic-clonic (Grand mal) seizures. Even with the healthy doses of prescribed medication, I continued to have days where I’d randomly wake from an unconscious stupor, enduring unbearable pain. This reality disrupted my life, as it took time away from studies, work and family.

The pills kept adding up, and I kept coming down.

My depression and anxiety – contributing factors to my epileptic episodes – were masked by brain-numbing tablets such as Celexa, Ativan and Klonopin. These medications supplemented my epileptic treatments. It felt like I was quite literally being tranquilized. And even when I took my medication with consistency, a buried convulsion was waiting for the right time to put me in an ambulance.

I tried to understand why the episodes returned and strengthened. I knew that my doctors had my best interest at heart, but I also knew that they weren’t allowed to prescribe me the medicine I really needed: cannabis.

Many of my friends constantly urged me to try cannabidiol, or CBD, the medicinal extract from cannabis. They claimed it would ease my pain, treat my epilepsy and pave the way for the independent life I couldn’t achieve.

But I was reluctant. What were the consequences?

Making a decision was tough. I wondered what my family would think of my medicinal choice, and if it would prevent me from job opportunities or even land me behind bars. The pushback was real – many close family members and friends wouldn’t even entertain the idea.

But they don’t have epilepsy. They’re not the ones in pain, living in constant fear of another life-threatening episode.

It took my fourth grand mal seizure in eight months to make the transition to marijuana. I smoked nightly – it helped me sleep and provided therapeutic treatment. I woke up feeling refreshed for once. What a privilege it is to get rest, I thought. My mind was no longer muddied with uneasiness and dejection. I felt like a new person. Medical marijuana became part of my routine and it changed my life.

People like Sessions might not understand it, or simply don’t want to understand it, but the reality is that cannabis has been a divine gift in my life.

Since using marijuana, I no longer worry about seizing in a public place and have improved mental health. I wake up the next morning feeling comfortable in my own body. The best part? I can still function for the daily grind. Over the 10 months I have used marijuana, my grades have drastically improved, I earned a spot on the North American Executive Board with Students for Liberty, and I even won the Macy’s Rising Star Award at Syracuse University.

The aforementioned achievements are all deeds that prohibitionists would have you believe marijuana patients can’t accomplish. They’re wrong, and the reality is that some of America’s most successful figures have used cannabisthemselves: former Presidents Obama and George W. Bush, Steve Jobs, Oprah Winfrey, Jon Stewart and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

RELATED: Congress is considering a bill that would give dangerous new drug war power to Jeff Sessions

The stigmatization of medical marijuana is a notion grounded in falsehood and it directly harms innocent patients like myself. Despite reports that illustrate dramatic reductions in opiate addiction in states with friendly medical marijuana laws, Sessions wants to perpetuate harmful policies. He wants to devote much of his time attacking medical marijuana providers in various states. He wants a reversal of the Rohrabacher-Farr Amendment, a protection put in place for medical marijuana providers from the federal government.

Despite the obvious relationship between overly prescribed narcotics and America’s opioid addiction epidemic, Sessions’ archaic prohibitionism prevents progress in medicine. Marijuana allows me to be a productive employee, a hard-working student, and a normal human being. Why should I be deprived of that? And why should Jeff Sessions have a greater say in my medical options than my doctor?

Medical marijuana liberated me from the shackles of my disorder. Allowing Attorney General Sessions to federally prosecute medical marijuana providers not only heightens the blatant disregard of the natural right to control my own body, but also will endanger the thousands of other patients that truly need it to be functional members of society. And that’s all we really want – independence.

Garett Roush serves as the Northeast Regional Director for the Students For Liberty Executive Board and is a member of the Consumer Choice Center. He is a Grand Rapids, Michigan native currently studying at Syracuse University.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Agree Sessions should go after pedophiles before pot but that would mean going after republican and democratic party leaders so not going to happen.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Agree Sessions should go after pedophiles before pot but that would mean going after republican and democratic party leaders so not going to happen.
Dope is legal for recreational use in Nevada starting today so I don't see where Sessions is stopping anything.

Maybe the dope heads are just being paranoid? Damn, now THAT would be unusual wouldn't it? . .
awow.gif

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Yep , about 15 recreational pot shops will open their doors in viva Las Vegas style.
I can't believe the casinos and liquor barons let this pass.
I don't know about other towns with casinos in Colorado but up in Cripple Creek where casinos rule , there is no pot allowed in that town.
Pot may be legal in Vegas now but it's still very difficult to find a job.
It's not legal until employers quit piss testing and firing employees for testing positive for cannabis.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Dope is legal for recreational use in Nevada starting today so I don't see where Sessions is stopping anything.

Maybe the dope heads are just being paranoid? Damn, now THAT would be unusual wouldn't it? . . View attachment 91738

You obviously don't know who Sessions is.