• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump Proposal To End Food Stamps

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
President Trump is kicking all the hornet nests of entitlement he can find, God Bless him for that! WE the taxpayer have been subsidizing walmart etc for way too long.

I think this is a fantastic idea. The dregs of society will start all the cities on fire when their food stamp cards stop working but who cares? They will do it anyway so lets get it over with ASAP, just give the stores a heads up and a few men with shotguns can keep the stores from being looted. People will be getting actual food, the honest ones who really need help will welcome it.

Number one purchased item with foodstamps is soda. .
Soda cans and bottles have a 10 cent deposit here in MI. There was a Rite Aide and a grocery store right next to where I work and a rabbit warren of 1970's era dump apartment buildings across the street. For 3 days after the food stamp cards got re-loaded with taxpayer dollars they would come across the street starting at 7 AM and fill a cart with cases of cheap soda at the grocery store. They they would push it past my window to the grass on the side of the parking lot and dump all the soda out. Then return all the empty cans for cash and hit the Rite Aide for unbranded cigarettes and really cheap pints of vodka and gin that rite aide kept right up front by the checkout counter.

I watched this happen for 9 years until the stores got bought out and a used building supplies place moved in.
The hobo jungle that was in a patch of underbrush is gone now too.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I'm tired of the excuses. Sober the fuck up and get your ass to work

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Nothing good will come of this, name anything the Guberment has done right. If/as they change the system, they'll learn how to scam it, not just the end users but all the way thru the system, just like every thing else, and the costs will probably increase.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I'm talking about judging someone who you know nothing about. Go spend some time actually helping to feed them, bind their wounds, listening to their stories, and praying with them.

Read Matthew 25:41-45. Get back to me when you've put some shoe leather on your faith.

SC
Again, this proposal has nothing to do with judging anyone--it's about maintaining compassion for those that need food while cutting the waste and fraud. So I'm not sure where you're coming from.

Second, I don't believe in gov stealing from me
and my fellow man to provide for those less fortunate. That's MY job as commanded by my Lord and I do it. I will not shirk my responsibility. Having too much gov intervention is not only theft and wasteful, but also laziness on all of us that ARE more fortunate. We need to contribute and help those directly in our community that need it. We're in the best position to know who needs help and who's just being lazy--not gov.

Finally I find it ironic that you speak of judgment but it seems you are judging/assuming about me. I've been there and done that on both sides--helping others when needed (and continue to do so) and having to seek assistance when down and out. And I can tell you from experience that there are SO many resources available outside gov to help with food for those that need it. After being in that position I really struggle to understand any assertion that anyone is starving in this country.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Nothing good will come of this, name anything the Guberment has done right. If/as they change the system, they'll learn how to scam it, not just the end users but all the way thru the system, just like every thing else, and the costs will probably increase.
What we have right now is not working. For example the food stamp cards in Michigan are issued by chase bank. Every swipe of a snap card nets chase bank money. 100% feck that!
If for no other reason boxes of actual food will take the banks out of it.

Sure over time people will learn to game the system again but until then the US will save a mountain of money and it will put a dent in the steady dependence that the oh so easy to use cards cause . Nobody should go hungry in America, but people on assistance should not be eating better than people who are working low wage jobs.

gliddenralston

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
You guys have a lot more faith in the Gov than I do!. You can bet ur azz they'll fuck up the snap program, I agree something needs to be done to motivate these dead beats. Lets look at one example... Obama phones, when initiated the max cost would be under 200 mill for the program, the latest real costs I can find (its several years old) have the cost at over 2.2 Billion a year and growing. They have no national data base to cross check, who has them or how many or their income. And these programs go on and on, no end in sight.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm talking about judging someone who you know nothing about. Go spend some time actually helping to feed them, bind their wounds, listening to their stories, and praying with them.

Read Matthew 25:41-45. Get back to me when you've put some shoe leather on your faith.

SC
Getting involved with poor and homeless is something that dramatically altered my outlook regarding social programs. There will always be a certain % of recipients who abuse the system, but I think that number is much lower than I used to think.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump To Cut Half Of Food Stamps (SNAP) And Replace Them With “America’s Harvest Box” (REACTION)
Anthony Brian Logan

Published on Feb 13, 2018
The Trump administration has a proposal to replace some of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program’s (SNAP) cash benefits with boxes of physical food.

The plan, outlined in the administration’s budget blueprint for fiscal year 2019, is being dubbed “America’s Harvest Box” by the Department of Agriculture. It would provide 16.4 million households, about 81% of current food stamp recipients, with boxes of non-perishable food items grown by U.S. farmers in place of some of their SNAP aid. The government’s proposed program would apply to households that receive more than $90 in food stamp benefits.

Items that could be included in a government-issued food box are grains, peanut butter, canned meat, canned fruits and vegetables, juice and other shelf-stable products, according to the Department of Agriculture. The government would decide what to include based on nutrition guidelines utilized for other, existing programs, such as the Emergency Food Assistance Program, and the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.

Under current SNAP guidelines, Americans are free to spend their benefits on food items of their choice.

Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Director Mick Mulvaney compared the proposal to a “Blue Apron-type program,” which is a meal kit delivery service that provides members with ingredients to cook their own meals.

Blue Apron declined to comment on the government’s program.

(ARTICLE: FOX BUSINESS)

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'm tired of the excuses. Sober the fuck up and get your ass to work
at least get your ass to work ...

These 13 Counties Started Work Requirements for Food Stamps. Here’s What Happened.

Christine Roe / June 07, 2017 /

Signs like this in grocery stores advertise the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, better known as food stamps. (Photo: Richard B. Levine/Newscom)

Participation in the food stamp program plunged by 85 percent in 13 counties in Alabama after officials required that recipients must work, look for work, or get approved job training, a state agency says.

In those 13 counties, enrollment in food stamps dropped over four months from 5,538 able-bodied adults without dependents to 831 such recipients.

Statewide, a total of 13,663 able-bodied adults without children or other dependents were enrolled in the food stamp program before the change implemented Jan. 1, according to the Alabama Department of Human Resources, the news site AL.com reported.

As of May 1, that statewide number had dropped to 7,483, the agency said.

“Based on the trend, the number of [able-bodied adults without dependents] recipients … is expected to continue to decline statewide and in the formerly 13 exempted counties,” agency spokesman John Hardy told AL.com.

Thirteen of Alabama’s 67 counties—Greene, Hale, Perry, Dallas, Lowndes, Wilcox, Monroe, Conecuh, Clarke, Washington, Choctaw, Sumter, and Barbour—previously were exempt from enforcement of the federal work requirement for those participating in food stamps. That exemption ended as of Jan. 1 under the administration of Gov. Kay Ivey, a Republican.

Because of reforms to the welfare program in 1996, able-bodied adults ages 18 to 49 without dependents are limited to three months of food stamp benefitswithout working in a 36-month period, unless they find employment or are involved in a work program part time.

A state could waive the requirement in areas it can demonstrate have job shortages or higher unemployment rates than other areas.

However, in 2009, with passage by Congress of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the Obama administration allowed all states to waive the work requirements for food stamp enrollment.

This expansion of waivers led to a dramatic increase in the number of able-bodied adults without dependents who went on food stamps, from 1.9 million in fiscal year 2008 to almost 4 million by fiscal year 2010, and 4.9 million by fiscal 2013.

The huge decrease in food stamp participation in Alabama isn’t the first time that moving from welfare to workfare got big results.

As previously reported by The Daily Signal, Maine Gov. Paul LePage, a Republican, enforced work requirements for food stamp recipients beginning in December 2014.

Within three months, the number of those on food stamps who were able-bodied adults without dependents declined from 13,332 to 2,678, Maine officials said.

Caseworkers in Maine attribute that huge decrease in enrollment to many recipients’ choosing to go without benefits rather than perform a minimum of six hours per week of community service, or other aspects of the work requirements.

If the federal government establishes and enforces similar work requirements nationwide, total food stamp enrollment would plummet in a few years, possibly saving taxpayers $10 billion per year or as much as $100 billion over the next decade.

That is the conclusion of Robert Rector, a senior research fellow at The Heritage Foundation who specializes in poverty and welfare programs.

The federal government “should require constructive behavior” from able-bodied adults without dependents if they wish to get food stamps, Rector argues. That means requiring that they “take a job, prepare for work, perform community service, or at a minimum search for employment in exchange for aid and assistance at the taxpayers’ expense,” he and Heritage colleagues write.

Some argue that such a requirement should be left for the individual states to decide. However, over 90 percent of food stamp funding is from the federal government, Rector and his colleagues argue, and it has “the right and obligation to establish the moral principles on which the program operates.”

Mary C. Mayhew, commissioner of the Maine Department of Health and Human Services, has said government officials “cannot enable willful inactivity,” and calls it “imperative that these programs are designed to help people who are making a genuine attempt to transition from poverty to prosperity.”

“They cannot be a way of life,” she added.

The Heritage Foundation report last year by Rector, Rachel Sheffield, and Kevin Dayaratna argues that work requirements for welfare recipients produce eight types of positive results.

Among them, work requirements ensure that welfare isn’t a one-way transaction; aid those who truly need help; decrease the number of people enrolled on food stamps; decrease the overall attractiveness of welfare; and save taxpayers money.

The research paper notes that a Rasmussen survey in July 2012 found bipartisan support for work requirements among Americans, with only 7 percent opposed and 10 percent undecided.

Ken McIntyre contributed to this report.

http://dailysignal.com/2017/06/07/t...irements-for-food-stamps-heres-what-happened/

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Oh Boy ! Looks like I gotta start finding some hook-ups to land some of that good .gov CHEESE (5 lbs blocks, and usually sliced).
Back in the 70's I'd buy "The Government Cheese" from people who wanted $$$ instead of cheese. That cheese had a better flavor than Kraft , Bordens and most others of the day.

I hope it is a secret .gov recipe that must be used to qualify for .Gov Standards. :finished:

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
When are all the manufacturing jobs returning so that all of these food stamp recipients can get to work?

Unemployment is essentially where it was under the community organizer. The numbers were fake then but real now?

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
When are all the manufacturing jobs returning so that all of these food stamp recipients can get to work?

Unemployment is essentially where it was under the community organizer. The numbers were fake then but real now?
So your new theory is that .gov is supposed to give you a job, food and then tell you can't drink soda.

PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Oh Boy ! Looks like I gotta start finding some hook-ups to land some of that good .gov CHEESE (5 lbs blocks, and usually sliced).
Back in the 70's I'd buy "The Government Cheese" from people who wanted $$$ instead of cheese. That cheese had a better flavor than Kraft , Bordens and most others of the day.

I hope it is a secret .gov recipe that must be used to qualify for .Gov Standards. :finished:
It's funny you say that...I remember my grandparents and mom all coming home with "government cheese" and other items. Thing is, they all had good jobs...my grandpa (staunch Dem) was USPS and union...my grandma worked at the USPS as well...my mom worked for Bell South and was also union. Looking back, now I wonder where the heck they got these gov handouts.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Don't think this will happen. A certain big bank wouldn't be happy.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I don’t think Americans will let anyone starve to death short of a famine.

Charity will help those in need, hopefully many of these adhd skool kids will learn to appreciate things more.

I see a very big disconnect in society. People think welfare comes from the government but it really comes from the working folks who are also trying to put food on their table.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
So your new theory is that .gov is supposed to give you a job, food and then tell you can't drink soda.

PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP PRESIDENT TRUMP
It's not a "new theory", my friend.

I've been opposed to offshoring the manufacturing jobs for years. WTF do you expect people to do for work when that happens? There's only so many greeters needed by Walmart.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Eff the entire Food Stamp program. This kind of thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

Charity is a private sector function, not a taxpayer-funded "entitlement."

What $20 million in alleged food stamp fraud bought these 12 people

BY DAVID J. NEAL

October 01, 2017 01:36 PM

South Florida reached another fraud milestone for what the Justice Department called “the largest combined financial fraud loss for a food stamp trafficking takedown in history.”

That dubious new record, federal prosecutors claim, is $20 million and resulted in a dozen charged with doing the government dirty via food stamp fraud, wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

The 12 charged over four cases are Hasan Saleh, 59, Mohammed Alobaisi, 37, Reynold Francois, 38, Ihab Hassouna, 44, Mohammad Alteen, 33, Maria Jerdana, 36, Joe Ann Baker, 56, Yousef “Joe” Homedan Zahran, 60, Omar Hajje, 43, Jalal Hajyousef, 42, Andy Javier Herrera, 24, and father Javier Herrera, 49.

“In this instance, eight small convenience stores in South Florida committed a staggering amount of fraud in a relatively short amount of time,” said Karen Citizen-Wilcox, special agent in charge, U.S. Department of Agriculture-Office of the Inspector General, in a release. “These retailers created an illegal benefits exchange system that defrauded the American taxpayer and denied healthy foods to needy children and their families. The store owners who allegedly orchestrated this trafficking scheme pocketed millions in ‘fees’ which they charged for converting food assistance benefits into cash.”

Some of the defendants owned, worked at or operated stores authorized to accept Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program payments, known as SNAP. Others worked at stores not authorized, but allegedly used the point-of-sale terminals for stores that were authorized.

The fraud happened like this, according to authorities: A store clerk swipes a person’s electronic benefits card at a point-of-sale terminal for a large amount. The person with the card is paid a lesser amount in cash. The remainder is ill-gotten profit for the store owner.

2:00
What could be the largest food stamp fraud bust in U.S. history caught on camera
The bust from Operation Stampede/Cash Hungry in Florida involved more than $13 million in fraudulent food-stamp transactions and could be the largest food stamp bust in the nation's history. The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, state and federal law enforcement conducted a joint identity theft investigation involving obtaining SNAP EBT cards with the stolen identities. According to the sheriff's office, the fraudulently obtained EBT cards were taken to the Opa Locka Flea Market where the SNAP(food stamp or EBT) benefits allocated to them were exchanged for cash. Twenty two people have been charged with crimes. Credit: The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office

Saleh managed Four Corners convenience store, 821 NW Sixth St. in Fort Lauderdale, which wasn’t authorized to take SNAP payments. Prosecutors say Saleh and other Four Corners employees used the point-of-sale terminals at Liberty City’s Sparkle, 6530 NW 18th Ave., run by Alobaisi. Prosecutors say that from April 2015 through this past August, Saleh, Alobaisi and employees Francois, Hassouna, Alteen, Jerdana and Baker stole $2 million with the scheme.

Case No. 2 involved Zahran, also known as Youssef Hussein, who worked at Pompano Beach’s Community Food Store, 401 NW 27th Ave. He is being accused of being on the fraud train a relatively short time, Nov. 3, 2016, through Jan. 11.

Hajje and Hajyousef owned Steve Market 2 and Yum-Yum’s grocery, stores across the street from each other at 6804 NW 15th Ave. and 6813 NW 15th Ave. in Miami’s Liberty City neighborhood. They allegedly fraudulently acquired $4.2 million.

But federal prosecutors give the money title, $10 million, to the Herreras, who also allegedly ran their game longer than everyone else — April 2012 through last month. Andy owned Santa Ana Market II, 1832 NW 17th Ave. in Miami. Father Javier worked there and Santa Ana Market, 3000 NW 12th Ave. Javier has convictions for third-degree grand theft and lottery violations on his rap sheet.

David J. Neal: 305-376-3559, @DavidJNeal

Food stamps, circa 1941. U.S. Department of Agriculture via Wikimedia Commons

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article176438086.html

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's not a "new theory", my friend.

I've been opposed to offshoring the manufacturing jobs for years. WTF do you expect people to do for work when that happens? There's only so many greeters needed by Walmart.
Jobs aren't granted as a birth right. People could do what they have done since the beginning of mankind. Make their own way. I do it, anybody can.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Closer to urban and suburban life everybody ( well damn near everybody) has "Help Wanted" signs right on their doors. Alot offering same day interviews for newbees to the work force and Management/Supervisor positions.
Those that held the lower level positions are either moving up or moving on to better pay / their field of choice.

Hell even "War Zones" in Cincinnati & Louisville are posting for workers. YMMV

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Looking back, now I wonder where the heck they got these gov handouts.

They knew a Guy or Gal who knew a Guy or Gal,....
Remember there will still be Welfare Queens that will not bust a grape if they might miss Jerry Springer, Hot Atlanta Basketball Wives, The Young and the Rascals,....
They'll trade that cheese for more sofa time.

That is where the cheese prospectin' will be. That where it use to be.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
.... People think welfare comes from the government but it really comes from the working folks who are also trying to put food on their table.
I know people with good paying jobs go to the Catholic Charities / Church Charities of all denomination go get free food stocks when the semi truck and trailor pull into a parking lot.
No shame in their game.
One notch above the pan-handlers at every intersection Claimin' they'll work but they're standing next to a Mickey Ds or Wendy's with a Help Wanted sign. :bang head: :laughing:

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The Genius Of Trump's Food Stamp Proposal: You're Not Supposed To Like Being On Welfare

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 02/15/2018 - 22:47
SHARES
TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrint

Authored by Dan Calabrese

Incentives.

If I was on food stamps, I wouldn't like this either... I think that's the point.

If you can't afford to buy your own food and you need the government to provide it for you, then you get it on the government's terms.

That's usually what happens when someone else is supplying your needs.

Don't like it? Take every available action to get off food stamps and achieve independence, at which point you can buy whatever you want at the grocery store with your own money that you earned.

Until then, enjoy your Harvest Box:

Under the USDA America’s Harvest Box proposal, all Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participating households receiving $90 per month or more in benefits will receive a package of nutritious, 100-percent U.S. grown and produced food. Approximately 16.4 million households, or about 81 percent of SNAP households would be impacted by this proposal.

The amount of food received per household would be scaled to the overall size of the household’s SNAP allotment, ultimately representing about half of their benefits. SNAP participants would receive domestically-sourced and produced food in lieu of a portion of their SNAP benefits.

USDA would utilize a model similar to that currently used to distribute USDA Foods to other nutrition assistance programs to provide staple, shelf-stable foods (such as shelf-stable milk, juice, grains, ready-eatcereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans, canned meat, poultry or fish, and canned fruits and vegetables) to SNAP households at approximately half the retail cost.

This proposal creates a new approach to nutrition assistance that combines retail-based SNAP benefits with delivery of USDA America’s Harvest Boxes supporting the President’s leadership on Buy American. This proposal is cost-effective, enhances the integrity of SNAP, and provides for states’ flexibility in administration of the program.

The remainder of the household’s benefits will still be provided via the current Electronic Benefit Transfer card.

The Department of Agriculture estimates the change would save taxpayers $129 billion over 10 years by switching to defined packages that would presumably have a predictable, consistent cost. I'm guessing it would actually save a lot more than that precisely because people would hate being restricted to the Harvest Boxes, and at least a significant percentage of them would respond to the added incentive to improve their situations.

And of course, I'm sure part of the idea here is that people can't trade or sell their food stamps or find some clever way to use them to get booze, cigarettes, drugs, etc.

Yes, the government would be picking out your food for you. Yes, that would be frustrating and no fun.

The point of food stamps is not to treat you to gourmet meals. It's to prevent you from starving to death while you get out of the trouble you've gotten yourself in, whether that takes the form of unemployment, underemployment or some other type of financial mess. We want you to have food. We want you to live. But if you want the kind of food you prefer, that's going to require you to earn your own money and buy it.

That is not an unreasonable proposition. You're not supposed to like dependence on the government. You're supposed to want to get off it as quickly as you can. If you get stuck with the Harvest Box and you still don't make the changes necessary to improve your life, well . . . at least you're saving the rest of us some money.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...amp-proposal-youre-not-supposed-being-welfare

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
.Gov's assistance should be to SURVIVE not to LIVE.

Agree whole-heartedly with T. Durden on this.
AKA
Don't Like it. MOVE YOUR ASS ON.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I like the idea of food boxes. For about a year or more, my town had "Bountiful Baskets", where every two weeks we would spend around $16 and get an assortment of fruits and vegetables. Sometimes I got something I really did not want, but someone else would take it, and vice-versa.

By removing the retailers (eg, Walmart), the program could both save money AND give more food. Shelf stable food implies that some will always be available for cooking when the family gets hungry. Reason: If the food supply moves away from snacks and towards staples that need to be cooked, the family will eat less, because the real food will not cause much craving. Real hunger will get the food in the pots and the oven, and a lack of real hunger will not be as motivating to cook it, so it will go in the shelves until needed. Point: "Mom, can we have some snacks? We are hungry!" "No snacks, but you can have a piece of chicken and fried potatoes from the fridge." "No, thanks. I'm not that hungry."

Without regards to the handout program, I would be happy to buy a box of food at a substantial discount from retail.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
This is a step in the right direction but I'd prefer to see them get some seeds and a shovel instead.

It's the adage of give a man a fish teach a man to fish. And it's sure not rocket science to grow a plot of vegetables.

A hundred years ago the peasants may not have had any money but they had food because they could grow their own.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Without regards to the handout program, I would be happy to buy a box of food at a substantial discount from retail.
"SORRY, You do Not Qualify". :judge

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
"SORRY, You do Not Qualify".
Yes, that kind of stupidity is rampant in government programs.

But I would point out that making the program available to paying customers would improve it in at least three ways. Firstly, the extra revenue would give the program even more buying clout and a secondary funding source.

Secondly, it would hide the difference between those who get the food for free and those who buy them because it is a good deal. Anecdote: When I was in middle high school, our school lunches were forty cents. I could just pay with a quarter, dime, and nickel, OR... I could buy lunch tickets for forty cents each and use them day by day. This did not make sense at first, but I learned that some of the kids got the tickets for free. So this was a way to remove the stigma of kids using lunch tickets. Maybe some parents bought the tickets to make sure the kids actually used them for lunches.

Thirdly, the people waiting to get their food boxes can talk about their recipes and how to get the best meals from them. That would encourage those who were previously too lazy to cook good meals, and give social points to those who share their cooking tips. A couple times with my Bountiful Basket pickups, I got some vegetable I had never seen or used before. And often someone would have a useful answer. But for the common staples, every question will get a good answer. "What can I do with SPAM and rice?" Well, the easy answer is "SPAM fried rice! Cook the rice, have some with your first meal with butter or soy sauce. Fry the leftover rice with diced SPAM."

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Spam is food for the gods, no dregs get any Spam!

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Shares of $ stores have fallen recently after all this talk about cutting EBT cards.

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
...one example... Obama phones, when initiated the max cost would be under 200 mill for the program, the latest real costs I can find (its several years old) have the cost at over 2.2 Billion a year and growing. They have no national data base to cross check, who has them or how many or their income. And these programs go on and on, no end in sight.
But the wireless carriers and NSA have the infrastructure in place to track each and every one of those
"free phones."

That technological two-edged sword is no longer run by Obama and his cronies.

You Trump haters are in for an awakening.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Shares of $ stores have fallen recently after all this talk about cutting EBT cards.
There is no reason the taxpayers should be subsidizing walmart and dollar general like we are now.
Take the stores and the banks out of it!

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think the best idea is if you're hungry, ask your family members, your neighbors, your
There is no reason the taxpayers should be subsidizing walmart and dollar general like we are now.
Take the stores and the banks out of it!

I dunno, I think the "subsidy" to WallyWorld and DollarGeneral do more for good for people than if that "subsidy" was absorbed within the Food Stamp bureaucracy.

The premise that the Feds can do it "faster better cheaper" than private enterprise is a tall tale propagated by those same bureaucrats.

Kinda like Barry O-bahhhhh-ma nationalizing the student loan industry with that logic.

Yes, take the criminal banksters out of the picture - use cryptocurrencies.

Even better is to take the whole Welfare State out of the picture. You hungry? Go over to your brother's house. Or down to your local food bank or the church kitchen or Elk's Lodge or the aid society or wherever good people in the community volunteer their own money and time to help people truly in need.