• Membership Drive Coming Up Soon! Please keep an eye out for it. Will happen within the next 2 weeks or so.
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

GIM Membership Drive. This weekend only

Fri thru Sunday only

Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ck-ban-citizens-have-90-days-to-turn-them-in/

We'll know soon if this is fake news, pretty ominous sounding - citizens have 90 days to turn them in.

Report: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In
The Associated Press29 Nov 201811,040

President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing a ban on bump stocks that gives Americans 90 days to hand them over or otherwise dispose of them.
Bump stocks were used during the October 1, 2017, Las Vegas attack. That attack marked the first time that bump stocks were known to have been used in a crime.

The ATF circulated language to ban bump stocks at Trump’s direction in December 2017. The public was allowed to comment and gun control outlet The Trace reported that 85 percent of those who commented opposed a ban.

CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”

ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told the U.S. Senate he anticipates a legal challenge against the ban and acknowledged that that challenge could slow the ban’s implementation.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Winning!!!!

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If CNN is reporting this I think I'll wait until he actually signs something before I believe it

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Let's get this party started!

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If a ban is put in place and current owners are required to "turn them in" then there should be fair market payments given say $100 for each bump stock and bump stock-esque parts. I will be in line ready to turn in a 2000 pack of rubber bands along with every $10 pair of rustler jeans I can feasibly buy!

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
I'm sick of all this winning, Trump the Trojan Horse.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm sick of all this winning, Trump the Trojan Horse.
Trojan Horse? And if you had your druthers, who would you want running the show? HRC? Romney? Bernie? You?
Come on Keef! Give us your plan.
I suspect if God himself was running the show, you would be bitching about that.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I wouldn't have one for free, BUT, "Shall not be infringed" should mean something !

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It would be interesting to see them try to enforce the turn in process! (no serial numbers or paper trail to track like firearms)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If a ban is put in place and current owners are required to "turn them in" then there should be fair market payments given say $100 for each bump stock and bump stock-esque parts. I will be in line ready to turn in a 2000 pack of rubber bands along with every $10 pair of rustler jeans I can feasibly buy!
They can 'require' what ever they want! They have no way to insure and enforce compliance

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Moar popcorn!

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I don't give a fuck about these bumpstocks if they are legal or not.

Wtf differece does legal or not mean anymore anyway. Like a ham license.

I'm not asking permission.

I am doing, consequences and torpedoes be damned!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Fatrat

Silver Miner
Trojan Horse? And if you had your druthers, who would you want running the show? HRC? Romney? Bernie? You?
Come on Keef! Give us your plan.
I suspect if God himself was running the show, you would be bitching about that.
If God was running the show, would we even need guns? I think Trump was the LEAST SMELLY piece of shit this time around, though I still wouldn't vote for him.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
No one has ever used a bump stock to commit crime. You can't hit the broad side of a barn using one. You're simply wasting your money sending bullets downrange on a wing and a prayer. Anyone here who has ever used one will likely attest to that!

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They can 'require' what ever they want! They have no way to insure and enforce compliance
True, but the issue will be the size of the penalty if caught in the possession of one. Like in '33. Was a a little box of gold coins that can no longer be spent, really worth 10 years and a big fine?
...and same with bump stocks if they become illegal.

If illegal, where could anyone even use one? The distinctive sound of rapid fire would give one away for a good distance.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
another test
how will the 'gunnuts' respond?
pussy out and turn 'em in?
or a thousand Ruby Ridges?
or somewhere in between?

your vote counts

BF

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
If illegal, where could anyone even use one? The distinctive sound of rapid fire would give one away for a good distance.

A good time to use one would be when the dicks drive into your town to start rounding up your weapons.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Trump letting Obamas criminal appointments run wild and I wouldn't doubt he will sign a ban, its looking like a bleak Christmas, no wall, no arrests or investigations into Obama crime family, don't know how long people can ride this q hope train

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
If you have one, stash it good

If you dont, make it hurt anyway

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
that's all fine and cute-zie but are they going to take belt loops next? sorry laughing my ass off here....Now I nevers did this BUT I hear-ed-did that all ya gots ta do is hook your thumb in ur britches belt loop and have fun...sorry....the vibrating hole poking machine does the rest.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
that's all fine and cute-zie but are they going to take belt loops next?
No, but if'n you get caught using it for that purpose, it'll be just as illegal. Again, kinda hard to miss the ol' rat a tat tat rapid fire sound created by bump firing. Sound carries quite a ways.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
No, but if'n you get caught using it for that purpose, it'll be just as illegal. Again, kinda hard to miss the ol' rat a tat tat rapid fire sound created by bump firing. Sound carries quite a ways.
Oh come on! darn it....oh

oh Joe are you going to lend me your crayons and that easel? sorry...snickers...

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
48B1CEE7-8C02-46CB-9194-C4E1E4C5798D.jpeg

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#MAGA

What do the trump cheerleaders have to say?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
View attachment 117647

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#MAGA
1 trigger pull, one round defines semi automatic fire. I have your back on most things Donald but you got this one wrong if this indeed is what you intend to do!

Of course, I'll believe it when I see it!

Last edited:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
View attachment 117647

#MAGA

We have at no time in history been in more need of a militia than now

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I will tell you this, the sonsofabitches are truly going to find out the hard way exactly what a well regulated militia
means if something happens to Trump. The Left are sorely out numbered by "deplorables" who are armed, and have had just about enough from these left wing nuts. A-holes caused Trump to cut short the WH Christmas Tree lighting Wednesday after a credible threat was detected. Trump needs to bring down the hammer, and clean House, now.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
No one has ever used a bump stock to commit crime. You can't hit the broad side of a barn using one. You're simply wasting your money sending bullets downrange on a wing and a prayer. Anyone here who has ever used one will likely attest to that!
Add to your comment that it also overheats the barrel, severely, leading to warpage !

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
View attachment 117647

#MAGA

It's a hokey device to make a gun fire a certain way. You can still keep your guns. If you have a permit you can still own a full auto. Let's not make mountains out of mole hills.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
It's a hokey device to make a gun fire a certain way. You can still keep your guns. If you have a permit you can still own a full auto. Let's not make mountains out of mole hills.
They come inch by inch for the second amendment, soon they will come for all guns if allowed

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I tested one 10 years ago. It was about 5 rounds down range before I decided I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.

I would still aquit regardless of how I feel about the things

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Yes, but the tools of the Federals would easily outgun anything a militia could muster.

Our only hope is that the current Feds get wiped out by China/Russia in an equally matched war and then a well trained militia (colonial shaprshooters) could fight it out in the trenches for what is left of the country.

Without shedding of blood we live under tyranny, forever.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That's not what this is IMO.
I believe ANY intrusion on firearms violates the spirit & words of the 2nd Amend.
In theory, we are the government, in theory it/they work for us.
At the time the 2nd Amend. was written, WTP had the same firearms as the military.
We should be protected, by the 2nd Amend., to have that same condition today.
If it is good enough for the military to have a particular firearm, it should also be good for us to have it.
Bump stocks are no big deal BUT I don't like ANY foot in the door that disturbs our gun rights.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I believe ANY intrusion on firearms violates the spirit & words of the 2nd Amend.
At the time the 2nd Amend. was written, WTP had the same firearms as the military.
If it is good enough for the military to have a particular firearm, it should also be good for us to have it.
Bump stocks are no big deal BUT I don't like ANY foot in the door that disturbs our gun rights.
Of course I don't either, however I also realize this is an unprecedented time in history and we are currently in the middle of the most important military operation in our time designed to give the people back our power and freedom.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
and yet, part of what is really happening is we are being given another large dose of medicine

The Messages We Are Being Given:
"We The People Are Incompetent And Can Not Be Trusted"
"It's OUR Country now, you losers, and we ain't giving it back to you, LOL"
"Send us your money, send us some more, oh yeah, sit down and shut up"
"LOL"
"BTW, We'll tell you when we're done with you"

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bump stocks do not make the gun go full auto as already pointed out.There is no federal law banning them. Even obama said they were legal!

Trump does not have the authority to legislate from the White House restrictions on our constitutional right to bear arms.

I can’t believe what I’m hearing from this forum.

Last edited:

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I agree with you about anti gun nuts nibbling away at the 2nd amendment, but Bump Stocks should be banned for just being dangerous. I have seen experienced shooters lose control of these weapons at our local range, spraying bullets at everything but the target. Bad design, and designed to evade the current laws regarding fully automatic weapons. Best to let the Bump Stock go the way of the Dodo Bird. Never anything anyone would want in their arsenal.

Donate to GIM