• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If a ban is put in place and current owners are required to "turn them in" then there should be fair market payments given say $100 for each bump stock and bump stock-esque parts. I will be in line ready to turn in a 2000 pack of rubber bands along with every $10 pair of rustler jeans I can feasibly buy!
Ya beat me to it Rusty. I was wondering how long it will take to band rubber bands and belt loops ?
For those who want to waste ammo there are many ways to accomplish it.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
If CNN is reporting this I think I'll wait until he actually signs something before I believe it
By the way, still not banned, is this just another trial balloon?
Good job you two I like to see that there are still people who think before reacting.

CNN reports...........

CNN, of all sources, blows a dog whistle and look at all the puppies in this thread who started barking! No proof, no facts just CNN reports and off they go. Get a grip folks, kill your teevee and stop being media triggered emotional hamsters.

aroll.gif

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Good job you two I like to see that there are still people who think before reacting.

CNN reports...........

CNN, of all sources, blows a dog whistle and look at all the puppies in this thread who started barking! No proof, no facts just CNN reports and off they go. Get a grip folks, kill your teevee and stop being media triggered emotional hamsters.

.................. View attachment 117733

Why act as if the president didn’t literally promise multiple times that it will happen?

There is a video of him saying it to the press. I posted the president tweeting about it. CNN has nothing to do with this. The source is the president himself.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Since it's our country can we just ban the feds? They steal our money and write stupid laws to try and limit what we can or cannot do. They really serve no useful purpose other than defense of this nation which they fail at time and time again.
Eliminate the federal gov except for a few functions and restore freedom permanently.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Why act as if the president didn’t literally promise multiple times that it will happen?

There is a video of him saying it to the press. I posted the president tweeting about it. CNN has nothing to do with this. The source is the president himself.
Wake me up when he actually signs something, will ya?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

Muj relax. He's gaming the media, he does this with any subject he wants them to stop chasing.
Then they go away and chase the next shiny object.

Wake me up when he actually signs something, will ya?
Thank you sir. Obviously a lot of people have not figured out how PDJT plays the media's game right back at them.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
It is kinda like the assault weapons ban of the Clinton years - GWB let it sunset even though he said he'd sign it if it came back up to his desk, it never did, because it was so unpopular and downright stupid of a bill.

I personally wouldn't have bump stock if they were passing them out free on street corners. I've shot full auto, both in the military and as a civilian. Much prefer semi-auto for hitting targets or whatever. Full auto works, but who's paying for the ammo hopefully is someone other than me.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It would be interesting to see them try to enforce the turn in process! (no serial numbers or paper trail to track like firearms)
“members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”
I discarded mine as soon as I heard the news . So, no worries

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I agree with you about anti gun nuts nibbling away at the 2nd amendment, but Bump Stocks should be banned for just being dangerous. I have seen experienced shooters lose control of these weapons at our local range, spraying bullets at everything but the target. Bad design, and designed to evade the current laws regarding fully automatic weapons. Best to let the Bump Stock go the way of the Dodo Bird. Never anything anyone would want in their arsenal.
Fair enough. Then let them die out because people choose not to use them. I will never believe that, if this law passes, there will not be one or more addendum to it.

Bump Stocks should be banned for just being dangerous.
swords should be banned for just being dangerous.
knives should be banned for just being dangerous.
baseball bats
spear guns

It's not a stretch where these assholes are concerned ...
They take finger nail clippers at airports today

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
I have nothing against legal guns... But illegal guns, well, that's something else, isn't it?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Muj relax. He's gaming the media, he does this with any subject he wants them to stop chasing.
Then they go away and chase the next shiny object.

Thank you sir. Obviously a lot of people have not figured out how PDJT plays the media's game right back at them.

And it’s gone!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration moved Tuesday to officially ban bump stocks, which allow semi-automatic weapons to fire rapidly like automatic firearms, and has made them illegal to possess beginning in late March.

The devices will be banned under a federal law that prohibits machine guns, according to a senior Justice Department official.

Bump stocks became a focal point of the national gun control debate after they were used in October 2017 when a man opened fired from his Las Vegas hotel suite into a crowd at a country music concert below, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds more in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The regulation, which was signed by Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker on Tuesday morning, will go into effect 90 days after it is formally published in the Federal Register, which is expected to happen on Friday, the Justice Department official said.

https://www.apnews.com/6c1af80fb290472c89fb930e223505af

I’m confused as to why people thought he was playing some sort of game.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
GOA -Gun Owners of America is already preparing to file suit. Seeking donations and or memberships.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Add another one for the deep state. Trump going down and helping them do it

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Trump administration officially bans bump stocks

By Laura Jarrett, CNN
2 hrs ago

The Trump administration rolled out a new federal regulationTuesday officially banning bump-fire stocks.

Those who possess the devices, which make it easier to fire rounds from a semi-automatic weapon by harnessing the gun's recoil to "bump" the trigger faster, will have 90 days to turn in or otherwise destroy them from the date that the final rule is published in the federal register -- likely this Friday -- according to senior DOJ officials.

Read the rest of the article here http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...cially-bans-bump-stocks/ar-BBR7ZA2?ocid=ientp or here Gun Talk - Facts, Opinions, Gripes, Etc.

Will be following up on this big time in the gun talk thread.

EYD
CNN says its official but is it?

The devices will be banned under a federal law that prohibits machine guns, according to a senior Justice Department official.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The devices will be banned under a federal law that prohibits machine guns,
Thing is, machine guns aren't actually banned. They're taxed. I think it's like $200, or thereabouts. Gotta fill out an extra form too, and it takes longer. There's a process that has to gone through, but if you haven't done anything bad, aren't a felon, or otherwise prohibited from owning a weapon, you should be able to pay the tax and get the weapon. Although you can't buy one mfg after 1986. So if these bump stocks are declared to be on-par with a machine gun, they would be illegal simply for having been mfg'ed after 1986.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Thing is, machine guns aren't actually banned. They're taxed. I think it's like $200, or thereabouts. Gotta fill out an extra form too, and it takes longer. There's a process that has to gone through, but if you haven't done anything bad, aren't a felon, or otherwise prohibited from owning a weapon, you should be able to pay the tax and get the weapon. Although you can't buy one mfg after 1986. So if these bump stocks are declared to be on-par with a machine gun, they would be illegal simply for having been mfg'ed after 1986.

I'm trying to figure out how they are going to track who has them and who doesn't. Are they going to go door to door looking for bumpstocks?

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'm trying to figure out how they are going to track who has them and who doesn't. Are they going to go door to door looking for bumpstocks?
Those who purchased via credit card can be tracked down easier than people who paid with cash.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Those who purchased via credit card can be tracked down easier than people who paid with cash.
They're not serialized and those people can simply say they destroyed or sold them. There's no way to track them like a firearm. At that point will there simply be search warrants issued to search people's homes who were on record as originally buying them?

We really are turning into the Soviet Union when that occurs.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

I keep reading soon, possibly, you will have 90 days etc etc. And I doubt calling a stock a machine gun will fly in court.
Bad move if it happens but hell, it's not like I was going to vote for hillary.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

The Bump stock does not work as a machine gun is LEGALLY defined. Which creates another point of contention.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Bad move if it happens but hell, it's not like I was going to vote for hillary.
That right there!
Also, not like I'd even want one just to waste ammo at today's prices.
Like you, do not see it holding up in court.
Can't see trashing Trump over something - anything, when the alternative really sucked.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
And it’s gone!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration moved Tuesday to officially ban bump stocks, which allow semi-automatic weapons to fire rapidly like automatic firearms, and has made them illegal to possess beginning in late March.

Bump stocks became a focal point of the national gun control debate after they were used in October 2017 when a man opened fired from his Las Vegas hotel suite into a crowd at a country music concert below, killing 58 people and injuring hundreds more in the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

The regulation, which was signed by Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker on Tuesday morning, will go into effect 90 days after it is formally published in the Federal Register, which is expected to happen on Friday, the Justice Department official said.

https://www.apnews.com/6c1af80fb290472c89fb930e223505af

I’m confused as to why people thought he was playing some sort of game.
Freak out early and often!!!

.:oriental:

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Bump stocks are a nothing burger.

WHY TRUMP'S BAN ON BUMP STOCKS IS GENIUS (2 min 39 sec):​
Published on Dec 14, 2018 by Vetcast USA​

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
That right there!
Also, not like I'd even want one just to waste ammo at today's prices.
Like you, do not see it holding up in court.
Can't see trashing Trump over something - anything, when the alternative really sucked.
Well Lt one thing I have always hated, I mean I go from zero to steaming is when someone is trying to manipulate me into thinking and acting the way they want me to. Group thinkers, dog whistle blowers, bandwagon jumpers, hype pushers. The older I get the faster I detect it.

The media, the republicans, the democrats, hollywood, the unions, the pope, freaking everybody want's me to turn on President Trump.
I wonder why? I still see way, way more good than bad.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
No, of course not.

will there simply be search warrants issued to search people's homes who were on record as originally buying them?
No, of course not. It'll be, if you're caught with one in your possession and don't have the license it'll be treated as though you are in possession of a machine gun without a license. Ie: f' your World up if that happens.

Edited to add:...and if'n somebody happens to try using one or even just bump firing, the tell-tale sound will give them away to anyone within earshot.

The Bump stock does not work as a machine gun is LEGALLY defined. Which creates another point of contention.
That's why it will be important to see the actual text of what the regulation actually says. It's all in how it's worded and maybe they'll change or add to the definition.
.....and that's when any challenges to it, will start. Only after we see exactly what it says.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bump stocks are a nothing burger.

WHY TRUMP'S BAN ON BUMP STOCKS IS GENIUS (2 min 39 sec):​
Published on Dec 14, 2018 by Vetcast USA​
What did/does trump get in return for appeasing liberals? Whatever it is, it ain’t worth it.

He’s giving up more than bump stocks here, remember there isn’t actually a law banning it; He is setting another precedence of presidents legislating from the Oval Office. The next president might be an anti gun liberal and now this will be at their disposal.

People are going to end up in prison for violating a non-law because of trump.

Freak out early and often!!!

.:oriental:
You’re deep in the Nile river m8.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
As a matter of principle...
Self-defense is an inalienable, individual, natural right.
Laws that criminalize the exercise of inalienable rights are irrational and illegitimate.

Of course, if you're a "Rule of Law-If you don't like the Law change it" kind of person, then all laws are equally good and valid so long as they've been voted through by your representatives.

You just can't have it both ways is all.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
As a matter of principle...
Self-defense is an inalienable, individual, natural right.
Laws that criminalize the exercise of inalienable rights are irrational and illegitimate.

Of course, if you're a "Rule of Law-If you don't like the Law change it" kind of person, then all laws are equally good and valid so long as they've been voted through by your representatives.

You just can't have it both ways is all.
I can’t believe it; we agree on something. However, losing the right to possess a bump stock, which limits your ability to hit a target, does not at all limit your right to self defense. It actually improves it.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The fuck you want man, egg in your beer?
O.T.:
NEVER tried that and I don't drink often enough to go out and buy beer to put an egg in it.
First 6 pack I bought in 15 years was last month for my BIL's birthday present. I bought him some Budweiser Copper Lager ( aged in Jim Beam bourbon barrels) 'cause I knew he'd offer me one and I wanted to try it.
That was one smooth beer in my amateur opinion. He liked it, had two while I drank one. My other BIL did not like it said "it tasted sweet" to him.
So what do the beer drinkers of this board think of it IF you have tried it ?
OBTW : Is that a raw egg into a beer or any kinda cooked egg ? Jus' Axin'

BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED TOPIC. :winks2:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
OBTW : Is that a raw egg into a beer or any kinda cooked egg ? Jus' Axin'

BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED TOPIC. :winks2:
What is the origin of the phrase “egg in your beer”?
Ask Question
The phrase "egg in your beer" refers to wanting a bonus or something for nothing. Its common usage is: "What do you want? An egg in your beer?"

Egg in beer refers to the practice, literally or figuratively of cracking a raw egg into a glass of beer. The term is used metaphorically, commonly as "what do you want, egg in your beer?", implying that the listener already has something good but is asking for undeservedly more
  1. At one time, in some parts of the United States, an egg in an alcoholic beverage may have been considered an aphrodisiac.
  2. The phrase arose from, or became popularized by, American WWII soldiers. It may have been alluding to the notion that in wartime, both beer and eggs were not easily obtained.
However, I've found no definitive references to back up either of these claims.

EDIT BY ME: I read a lot of old books and Old West phrases stick in my head and get used when I think of them.

Last edited: