• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump storms out of border meeting with Schumer & Pelosi

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Most definitely: The South American Wetback

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Problem is if he declares national emergency the left runs to 9th circuit to stop it, do the judges have authority to over rule his declaration ?? If so its an exercise in futility
So what ? Exercise in futlity ? What ? did you think everyone was just going to lie down when he set foot in the oval office.? This is the fight. It's on. This is what every Trump voter voted for. Now he's up against obstacles and your advocating throwing in the towel ?

Buy some food. buy some Ag / Au. buy some ammo. get prepped. It ain't over by a long shot

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I can't site the law or code, but I believe a challenge of a Presidential Order can go straight to SCOTUS.
I am willing to stand corrected.
Just thinking, if it is an order to the military, how can a court, even the radical/crooked 9th, override it ?

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The scotus just takes commands and follows them. It will be interesting to see if they implement the orders from the deep state or from the president. John Roberts, the chief, voted for keeping Obama care. Did he criticize the sitting president?

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It’s now emergency after 2 years and now that republicans are not a majority in congress? What changed?

I’m not a fan of the whitehouse declaring “emergencies” to push their political agenda.

What’s gonna happen when we get a liberal president in the White House and they wanna slam an agenda down our throats? They are gonna point to this and trump banning bumpstocks despite there being no law banning them as justification.

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
It’s now emergency after 2 years and now that republicans are not a majority in congress? What changed?
It's not any more an emergency now than it has been the past few years. From what I see, what has changed is that previously Trump kept demanding the money and later caved. The last time he caved he said that was the last time. Now, as he said he would, he's standing firm. In this case, the emergency declaration is just a mechanism to get the wall and end the standoff. I don't want to call it "Trump's wall" (like the media does), because it's the wall of just about everybody who voted for him.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Great video, too bad he drug along, the jerk, "Ted", in the tan jacket !
Nice "promise" at 11:16 - 11:35 !!!
I'll bet the beard was so Ted could try to go incognito, while wearing his 'big boy' face

I’m not a fan of the whitehouse declaring “emergencies” to push their political agenda.

What’s gonna happen when we get a liberal president in the White House and they wanna slam an agenda down our throats? They are gonna point to this and trump banning bumpstocks despite there being no law banning them as justification.
O.K., if our POTUS utilizes one of the 38(?) National Emergencies we're already under, one of them has to cover Terrorists, he's done nothing 'new'

Once he's done with that 'authority' he simply asks some lawyer from some remaining agency that works in the US Federal Government, to end all open National Emergency declarations, he can take credit for reducing Everything! all in one fell swoop and since it takes Congress to agree to any declared National Emergency, they can contest any new ones that come up,
clean up the vote, Voter ID should do very nicely, etc, et al, problem solved as long as we all participate in the voting booth.

etc

To clarify my thinking:
it's not game over, and as was previously suggested:
I believe, also,
It's Just Begun
No One Can Look Away from the shit show, and even the MSM can't seem to avoid becoming participants in their own folly

We All See The Slime
it can't be avoided any longer

my 2¢

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter

We already had the islamo-liberal Barry, the Repukelitard Bush the Lesser, and the whore of Babylon and her husband the Klintoons.

I am going ALL IN on POTUS Trump and his Team.

All or nothing.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What’s gonna happen when we get a liberal president in the White House and they wanna slam an agenda down our throats?
Like Obama Care ?
We've already been down this road.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
It's pretty unreal to see so many GIMmers crying out for gov't to declare a National Emergency where there obviously is none.
As soon as they figure their ideology is in power, "let government power grow!"
Some even yearn to see a dictatorship now.
Yeah, limited government my arse.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's pretty unreal to see so many GIMmers crying out for gov't to declare a National Emergency where there obviously is none.
As soon as they figure their ideology is in power, "let government power grow!"
Some even yearn to see a dictatorship now.
Yeah, limited government my arse.
Millions of illegal immigrants...hundreds if not thousands cross the border illegally every day/week. Drugs all over the place...

But in your mind its not an emergency.

Got it.

You are not a libertarian. You are a fraud. You are parroting Democrat talking points.

A true libertarian would readily acknowledge the governments responsibility to defend/secure our borders (and our citizens). In fact - its one of the very few truly honorable functions of government.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Your opinion, I assume?
Did I pretend to represent anyone else?
Or is this one of those many facts we've been reading?
Didn't like those CBP figures I posted, huh.

Millions of illegal immigrants...hundreds if not thousands cross the border illegally every day/week. Drugs all over the place...

Got it.

You are not a libertarian. You are a fraud. You are parroting Democrat talking points.

A true libertarian would readily acknowledge the governments responsibility to defend/secure our borders (and our citizens). In fact - its one of the very few truly honorable functions of government.
"Drugs all over the place"...?
Legalize them. It's already happening and it would take from gangs their main source of income.

"Millions of illegal immigrants"...?
In a country of 330 million, 4.8% of the workforce in 2016 and declining...

So your emergency boils down to the fact that people use drugs and there are immigrants. Working. And buying stuff.
Call the cavalry!

Democrat talking points? Puh-leez.
I don't think health-care, housing or education are rights. I don't believe in gun control. I don't think the rich should be "taxed" to help the poor. I don't believe government should "control markets" or the economy, even if it's supposed to be "for the common good".
Can you say as much?
Are those Democrat talking points, SB?

Meanwhile, you want to use the force of government to keep people from taking drugs and you want government to control the labor market.
Now you pretend to be some kind of libertarian.
And you say I'm the fraud?

Just wait until you get a Dem in the House and they want to declare an emergency to confiscate "assault type rifles and guns" (aka: Any gun that looks scary). They'll too have very alarming figures, not of illegal immigrants working, but of shootings and people killed and injured. Robberies, rapes and kidnappings committed.

Oh, they'll make it theoretically possible for you to own a gun in order to pretend to respect the 2A. It will be like owning a gun in Japan. Just get in line to go through this impossibly complicated, years-long process, and we'll decide in a few years.

What will you say then?

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Thankfully he said he won’t do it.

I’m shocked at the people who only support a republic when it’s politically convenient.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Emergency indeed.
And a long standing one at that.

Now its declared.

Well I do declare.

Choose the Right Synonym for emergency

juncture, exigency, emergency, contingency, pinch, strait (or straits) crisis mean a critical or crucial time or state of affairs. juncture stresses the significant concurrence or convergence of events. an important juncture in our country's history exigency stresses the pressure of restrictions or urgency of demands created by a special situation. provide for exigencies emergency applies to a sudden unforeseen situation requiring prompt action to avoid disaster. the presence of mind needed to deal with emergencies contingency implies an emergency or exigency that is regarded as possible but uncertain of occurrence. contingency plans pinch implies urgency or pressure for action to a less intense degree than exigency or emergency. come through in a pinch strait, now commonly straits, applies to a troublesome situation from which escape is extremely difficult. in dire straits crisis applies to a juncture whose outcome will make a decisive difference. a crisis of confidence

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Got it.

I'm assuming you're responding to our local agent provocateur posing as a libertarian. The only answer to dealing with him is the 'ignore' button. Works great for me!

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

You mean like Obamacare ?

RealJack

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Funny...less than 5 years ago, globalism, ie, (one world governance) was considered to be a conspiracy theory.

It isn't anymore.

Trump did that. Regardless of his failings, bad hair, nasal constrictions and goofy self congratulatory platitudes,
he understood it and brought it to the world's attention.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"You mean like Obamacare ?"

ZZZZZIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!

:green tea:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Like Obamacare yes.

I mean Obamacare was passed by congress, but let’s say a lesbian liberal president wanted to tackle the “health emergency” of America... so many people are overweight and have diabetes and cancer and so on and are dying. That president could use the same weak justification to give “free” healthcare for everyone without a vote from congress.

Let’s not water down what an “emergency” actually is because it suits your agenda. Remember the pendulum swings both ways and we will have a liberal president eventually and their powers need to be limited.

Trump has members of this forum ok with big government and this is an embarrassment.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Like Obamacare yes.

I mean Obamacare was passed by congress, but let’s say a lesbian liberal president wanted to tackle the “health emergency” of America... so many people are overweight and have diabetes and cancer and so on and are dying. That president could use the same weak justification to give “free” healthcare for everyone without a vote from congress.

Let’s not water down what an “emergency” actually is because it suits your agenda. Remember the pendulum swings both ways and we will have a liberal president eventually and their powers need to be limited.

Trump has members of this forum ok with big government and this is an embarrassment.
Your dream of playing fair so you can expect the progressives ti play fair once they get into power is just that, a dream. Have you been paying attention to what's been happening the last 20 years? This country is embroiled in a civil war and nowhere is that more apparent then in the government. The leftist communists will NOT play fair if given back power yet you still expect them to.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The leftist communists will NOT play fair if given back power yet you still expect them to.
This is exactly my point. Let’s not give them precedent.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This is exactly my point. Let’s not give them precedent.
Honestly, I think Trump is bluffing with the state of emergency threat. He's already building the wall using the military as he can spend the >$800 budget funding on anything he wants (Omnibus). At the end of the day I really think he's mind fucking the left while getting shit done in the background

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Honestly, I think Trump is bluffing with the state of emergency threat. He's already building the wall using the military as he can spend the >$800 budget funding on anything he wants (Omnibus). At the end of the day I really think he's mind fucking the left while getting shit done in the background
He is mind fucking the people who support him into supporting unilateral executive legislation from the White House.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++

I like the mind fuck part.

Trump is one smart bass turd.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
He is mind fucking the people who support him into supporting unilateral executive legislation from the White House.
You simply aren't listening are you? Your mindset boils down to 'Orange man bad' and you won't budge from it. That's OK, he's your president too so whatever happens we're all on this roller coaster together. I will say I sure hope you're wrong and I'm right but I suppose that remains to be seen.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Like Obamacare yes.

Me thinks you're getting a bit stretched out on this thread, Muj.

" Obamacare was passed by congress" < pffffft> . It was rammed down our throats -

1. I don't think anyone is watering down the emergency at hand. It's biblical for me
2. The pendulum already swung waaaaaay left for far too long. today it's swinging back our way .
3. I'll worry about a lesbian President down the road. Right now, I'm worried about over 20,000 invaders at our southern border, and a bunch traitors in our govt who're trying to let them in our country, all the while trying to gut our constitution
4. For me, I've never been good with big govt. This govt was big long before T got here.
5. and ... I'm not embarrassed in the least ... just sayin'

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
According to CBP figures...

The number of illegal border crossings has been steadily declining for the last 10 years.
Didn't like those CBP figures I posted, huh.
Dang, I can't find anywhere that CBP reports on "illegal border crossings". All I can find is data on "apprehensions".

So am I looking in the wrong place? Or do you use the NYT logic:
The most commonly used metric to measure how many people are illegally crossing into the United States is the number of people who are arrested, taken into custody or otherwise “apprehended” at or near the country’s borders.