• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Trump: Strike on Syrian airfields in 'vital national security interest'

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Turn loose the dogs of war...

APRIL 6, 2017, 7:24 P.M.
REPORTING FROM PALM BEACH, FLA.
Noah Bierman

(Alex Brandon / AP)

President Trump, responding to what he called Syrian President Bashar Assad’s “barbaric” chemical weapons attack on his own citizens, said his decision to launch a “targeted” retaliatory strike was in line with the nation’s “vital national security interest.”

“There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and ignored the urging of the UN Security Council,” Trump said in a three-minute statement reporters late Thursday from his Mar-a-Lago retreat. “Tonight I call on all civilized nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syrian and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.”

Trump, speaking slowly and from prepared remarks on a TelePrompTer, accused Assad of “chok[ing] out the lives of helpless men, women and children.”

“No child of God should ever suffer such horror,” he said.

Trump said previous attempts to deter Assad’s aggression had “failed dramatically,” but he did not criticize his predecessor by name, as he has in recent days. But he said that failed approach has led to a worsening refugee crisis and further destabilization of the region, “threatening the United States and its allies.”

Staff writer Michael A. Memoli contributed.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...tary-front-in-syria-1491526436-htmlstory.html

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
U.S. opens new military front in Syria, launching cruise missiles against Assad's forces
W.J. Hennigan

(Susan Walsh / Associated Press)

The Pentagon launched more than 50 Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian air base late Thursday in retaliation for a gruesome poison gas attack this week that U.S. officials said was carried out by President Bashar Assad’s forces.

Trump authorized the attack after he was briefed by Defense Secretary James N. Mattis in Palm Beach, Fla., where the president is hosting visiting Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Read more: U.S. launches dozens of missiles at Syria in response to chemical weapons attack >>

Two Navy destroyers patrolling in the eastern Mediterranean Sea fired lethal salvos of Tomahawk cruise missiles into eastern Syria from hundreds of miles offshore, well out of range of Syrian air defenses, according to U.S. officials.

The target was Shayrat airfield, with two runways in western Syria that were used by Assad's warplanes to launch a chemical attack Tuesday against civilians in the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikoun, the officials said.

Targets included aircraft, fuel and weapons depots, and command and control facilities in Assad's stronghold, officials said. Pentagon officials said they were assessing the results of the strikes, adding that there were no plans for additional strikes Thursday.

The attack marks the first time the U.S. has deliberately targeted Assad's military in Syria's multi-sided civil war, now in its seventh year. Until now, the U.S. has focused only on targeting Islamic State militants.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...tary-front-in-syria-1491526436-htmlstory.html

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Such a bargain at only $150 million FRNs...

So, Trump should be getting the Nobel Peace prize soon?

soupbone

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Last fall I wrote an anti-Trump editorial for a popular New Right/Alt Right/Pro-White/Anti-jew website predicting he would win and that he'd be terrible for White people as president.

His appointing of Columbia University (aka Frankfurt School) Jews and Goldman Sachs Jews didn't convince most of my fellow Nationalists that he was a total piece of shit. Neither has his not lifting a finger to reverse or halt the current demographics crisis. I wonder if bombing Syria will do the trick.

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
That's at least a $150 million dollar attack and that's only for the Tomahawks.
That would have paid for half the new rifles the Marine Corps needs.
Their M-16s are fine.

$150 mil is pocket change, considering there are no deployed ground troops, airbases, mechanized infantry, etc... you can only imagine how expensive that is by comparison .

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Their M-16s are fine.

$150 mil is pocket change, considering there are no deployed ground troops, airbases, mechanized infantry, etc... you can only imagine how expensive that is by comparison .
What about paying the soldier who pushed the go button on the Tomahawk?
I bet the payroll alone for this mission was more than $150 million.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
WELL BOYS and GIRLS, Here ! We ! Go ! :popcorn:

and
It ruined my late night radio programming too. :shit happens: :truck2:

Hey N.Kor. Chubby Cheeks Are You Watching ?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I Don't know about "staged" but definitely "RUSHED".

AND
When you dig way down deep this is all about a pipeline from Saudi Arabia/ Kuwait to Turkey for EU Transmission. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Crockett

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-urges-trump-not-to-take-military-action-in-syria/

Senator Rand Paul has urged the President to stick to the position on Syria that he espoused before taking office – that military intervention will do more harm than good.

The Senator retweeted a tweet from Trump posted in August of 2013, when a similar chemical weapon attack to this week’s was blamed on the Syrian government.

At the Time Trump tweeted “What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.”

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2013

While he condemned the reported attacks in the Syrian city of Idlib, Paul noted that what Trump wrote “remains true today as it was in 2013. Both parts.”

This remains true today as it was in 2013. Both parts. https://t.co/sRQkcZ0oDI
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) April 6, 2017

At the time, Trump made his feelings clear after hundreds were killed in the attack, and the Obama administration was on the verge of taking military action.

President Obama, do not attack Syria. There is no upside and tremendous downside. Save your "powder" for another (and more important) day!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 7, 2013

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
At least the media now has some news to report instead of grousing about Gorsuch and all the rest of the crap they've been focused on...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 11.00.13 PM.png

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Turn loose the dogs of war...

APRIL 6, 2017, 7:24 P.M.
REPORTING FROM PALM BEACH, FLA.
Noah Bierman

(Alex Brandon / AP)

President Trump, responding to what he called Syrian President Bashar Assad’s “barbaric” chemical weapons attack on his own citizens, said his decision to launch a “targeted” retaliatory strike was in line with the nation’s “vital national security interest.”

“There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and ignored the urging of the UN Security Council,” Trump said in a three-minute statement reporters late Thursday from his Mar-a-Lago retreat. “Tonight I call on all civilized nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syrian and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types.”

Trump, speaking slowly and from prepared remarks on a TelePrompTer, accused Assad of “chok[ing] out the lives of helpless men, women and children.”

“No child of God should ever suffer such horror,” he said.

Trump said previous attempts to deter Assad’s aggression had “failed dramatically,” but he did not criticize his predecessor by name, as he has in recent days. But he said that failed approach has led to a worsening refugee crisis and further destabilization of the region, “threatening the United States and its allies.”

Staff writer Michael A. Memoli contributed.

Lying sack of cow dung!
Rot in hell traitor!

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sure it was Staged.......and TIMELY......Trump and team needed to set a low risk example they are capable of pulling the proverbial trigger.....I imagine Iran and N Korea, Russia, China, got a quick wake up call after dealing with "line in the sand" Obama.....

and at 3 mill a pop im sure it will create some new jobs

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Trump orders a military attack on Syria – a crucial moment for Russia

So now we finally have the answer to the key question whether Trump was for real of a fake: he has just ordered a cruise missile attack on Syria. Words fail me to express my total disgust with Trump.

All I will say is this: this is a moment as crucial as the US/NATO aggression against Yugoslavia in 1999. When that happened, Evgenii Primakov, then Prime Minister of Russia, who was in an aircraft on the way to an official visit to Washington DC, ordered his pilot to turn around.

Russia needs to cancel the planned visit of Rex Tillerson to Moscow scheduled for April 11-12.

This is not a time for business as usual. There can be no excuses.

The Saker
https://thesaker.is/trump-orders-a-military-attack-on-syria-a-crucial-moment-for-russia/

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I don't like it. It seemed rushed and shall I say it, staged.
ditto

I REALLY doubt that Assad used "chemicals"... "He knows better than to do that", imo. And it's the SAME thing he was accused of a few years ago - which turned out to be "rebel gas"... But keep repeating the same lie (like 9/11) & "get away with it"... ???

Seems that the "Pro-Israel / Anti-Russia Hawks" (& Goldman Sachs) are ruling the Pentagon... working towards "weak tribal States" in the whole region & Trump is under their thumb - or willing... Like Dubya under Cheney... It stinks to high heaven...

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Military spending creates very few jobs compared to other forms of spending.
It is essentially destructive, rather than productive.
It is at best a necessary evil, and at worst...well, you're looking at it.
Shareholders of military contractors make out like bandits.

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I don't know how much silver is in a Tomahawk, but however much it is, it is gone for good.
So this should be a net positive for silver demand.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
What little i seen on tv looked eerily fake. Worse than sandy hook. And today i heard a small girl i think they said 4yo, plea for help Syrian children. She recited her lines well. I've got bad feeling about it all.
Hours earlier Hillary was giving a speech saying that air strikes were necessary against Assads airbase. Coincidence? Or is she in the know. The established neocons are in control

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is 3 years old, but very relevant:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
FWIW..................

Trump Shoots A Hot Load Into Syria In Response To Chemicals
Gung Ho Vids

Published on Apr 6, 2017
Two U.S. Navy Destroyers shot tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian air base that previously launched a chemical attack on civilians. Fifty-nine missiles were launced from the USS Ross (DDG-71) and the USS Porter (DDG-78) in retaliation. Filmed on April 6, 2017.

Film Credits: SN Ford Williams, U.S. Department of Defense - released

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
On a personal note - I don't believe we belong in the middle east what so ever. It's a festering toilet that we have spent untold billions on while ignoring our own problems here.

Every country in the entire industrialized world has health care for their citizens but us. Our infrastructure is in shambles and we do nothing about it.

Yet we can spend unlimited funds playing both sides against the middle in a part of the world where we are hated. This is madness and will eventually lead to our downfall.

What the fu*k is wrong with our politicians?

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sure it was Staged.......and TIMELY......Trump and team needed to set a low risk example they are capable of pulling the proverbial trigger.....I imagine Iran and N Korea, Russia, China, got a quick wake up call after dealing with "line in the sand" Obama.....

I reached this same conclusion after seeing the headline below. Russia and Syria were warned to keep their people out of danger. That makes sense only if the strike against Syria was a message to China about North Korea. The timing of the strike, during Trump's meeting with Xi Jinping, was too precise to be a coincidence. This strike was an expensive Kabuki theater performance for North Korea (and for China that holds its leash).

Advance warning.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-advance-pentagon-statement-air-strikes-syria

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
FWIW......................

US Bombs Syria! The War Machine Hums On Under Trump!
The Young Turks

Streamed live 5 hours ago
Download audio and video of the full two hour show on-demand + the members-only post game show by becoming a member at http://www.tytnetwork.com/join/. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth.

Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

Like Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks
Follow Us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheYoungTurks

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Their M-16s are fine.

That's my point , money.
War , it is part of the boom bust cycle perpetuated by the oligarchy.
War , what is it good for?
Absolutely nothing.
The undertakers profit.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Hmmmmm,

IMG_1049.JPG

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It doesn't take many brain cells to understand that there are but a handful of countries left for the global deep state (read: central bankers) to overcome. Just look at the list of countries that have their own central bank and the future becomes clear. We were never going to MAGA. It was all a scam folks! That's what the pessimist in me thinks today!

Mujahideen

Bin Laden double.
Midas Member
Site Supporter
https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-urges-trump-not-to-take-military-action-in-syria/

Senator Rand Paul has urged the President to stick to the position on Syria that he espoused before taking office – that military intervention will do more harm than good.

The Senator retweeted a tweet from Trump posted in August of 2013, when a similar chemical weapon attack to this week’s was blamed on the Syrian government.

At the Time Trump tweeted “What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.”

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 29, 2013

While he condemned the reported attacks in the Syrian city of Idlib, Paul noted that what Trump wrote “remains true today as it was in 2013. Both parts.”

This remains true today as it was in 2013. Both parts. https://t.co/sRQkcZ0oDI
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) April 6, 2017

At the time, Trump made his feelings clear after hundreds were killed in the attack, and the Obama administration was on the verge of taking military action.

President Obama, do not attack Syria. There is no upside and tremendous downside. Save your "powder" for another (and more important) day!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 7, 2013
Politicians will say anything to get in office.

What do all the trump supporters have to say now? That swamp isn't draining, it's flooding.

How does the Koolaid taste? The only response can be it tastes better than hillarys.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
FWIW......................

US Bombs Syria! The War Machine Hums On Under Trump!
The Young Turks

Streamed live 5 hours ago
Download audio and video of the full two hour show on-demand + the members-only post game show by becoming a member at http://www.tytnetwork.com/join/. Your membership supports the day to day operations and is vital for our continued success and growth.

Support The Young Turks by Subscribing http://www.youtube.com/subscription_c...

Like Us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks
Follow Us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheYoungTurks
These people are fucking idiots. They proved that on election night

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member

What a crock of shit###Unless you consider standing up to the Petro-Dollar threatening?, then you may have a legitimate argument.

The whole thing was staged, start to finish, like some off-broadway play. And what about Jing Ping (coincidentally?-yeah, right) sitting on the big sofa next to Trump and Melania when Trump pushed the button. "Yeah, Ping, we have a little after dinner Kabuki Theater for you and the misses. You won't even need a translator to understand the plot." "Roll the film, boys!"

Fok. When Trump first served real Patriotic Americans he seemed like royalty. Melania and Ivanka glowed, like a queen and a princess. Now I see them has high class hookers.Spit on em whores. Camelot will never be again ..

And they use the same old 'weapons of mass distruction' shit they pull time after time and people fall for it AGAIN? If I were Putin I would be planning the first EMP attack on North America and the follow up Satan 100 megaton nuclear radiation treatment plan. FUBAR DELUXO.

(Now I must do my Bill Hicks laughing from the great beyond impression)

"Ok Assad, pick up the gun!"

Last edited:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
On a personal note - I don't believe we belong in the middle east what so ever. It's a festering toilet that we have spent untold billions on while ignoring our own problems here.

Every country in the entire industrialized world has health care for their citizens but us. Our infrastructure is in shambles and we do nothing about it.

Yet we can spend unlimited funds playing both sides against the middle in a part of the world where we are hated. This is madness and will eventually lead to our downfall.

We are the problem, we are the world's terrorist & the world's police (one in the same) !!

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

What you said but weve spent trillions in the me

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Evidence Mounts Syrian WMD Attack Was False Flag

latemetal

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wasted tax dollars as abandoned airfields hold very little worth bombing, this was EXPENSIVE feel good crap...

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Here is an interesting nugget. I did not know this... If true, it explains a lot!
Yet America believed it, or at least pretended to believe it and their response was to launch 59 American Tomahawk missiles on Syrian airfield Al- Sha'ayrat in Homs province.

The Al-Sha'ayrat airbase was the place from which Syria fired anti-missile Sam rockets at attacking Israeli warplanes, two weeks ago. Syria downed one of the four warplanes, hit another and forced the remaining two fighter jets to quickly fly out of Syrian airspace.

This sent a strong message to Israel, a state which continues to illegally occupy Syrian territory, in addition to the decades long occupation of Palestine.
https://www.sott.net/article/347488...om-Syrian-political-commentator-Afra-a-Dagher

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
So we can bomb sovereign nations but we cant enforce our immigration laws because of some corrupt judges obama hired, Im more than disgusted he did this when he bad mouthed obama for doing the same thing, he said he was the president of the us , not the world, so what the fuck, , all the criminals are still in DOJ, FBI, CIA and WH along with lackeys going back to Clinton, its almost 3 months, I see no cleansing.