• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump To Embassies: Sell American Weapons!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump To Embassies: Sell American Weapons!
RonPaulLibertyReport

Streamed live 2 hours ago
President Trump is expected to mandate that US embassies overseas become more aggressive salespersons for the US weapons industry. Are the Beltway arms dealers about to get a massive, taxpayer-funded sales force? And where might these weapons end up? In the hands of our enemies?

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The biggest players in the public sector selling the wares of pure suffering and counter-productivity.

The biggest players in the private sector selling their next "greatest" crypto ideas packaged up as a new medium of exchange.

What was wrong selling the wares of the biggest bread basket in the world?
What was wrong with selling things that are actually really needed to improve people's standard of living?

Oh, yeah... I remember, those things don't keep you on the road to tyranny, slavery and torture.
If you dont' think the world is doomed and you still think Trump is in this to MAGA, all I've got left to say to you is Ignorance is Bliss.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
American companies by law can only produce semi-auto firearms. Roll back the pre-1986 ban. Who wants a semi-auto AK-47 or AR-15 for $650 when you can buy a used select fire or full auto for less elsewhere?

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The biggest players in the public sector selling the wares of pure suffering and counter-productivity.

The biggest players in the private sector selling their next "greatest" crypto ideas packaged up as a new medium of exchange.

What was wrong selling the wares of the biggest bread basket in the world?
What was wrong with selling things that are actually really needed to improve people's standard of living?

Oh, yeah... I remember, those things don't keep you on the road to tyranny, slavery and torture.
If you dont' think the world is doomed and you still think Trump is in this to MAGA, all I've got left to say to you is Ignorance is Bliss.
Don't be so quick to make judgements based on articles you read on the internet. Those assumptions, as much as they seem plausable, are just those....assumptions. I'm trying to take a wait and see approach and only using actions, not assumptions. As far as I know I haven't seen hard evidence where Trump actually said this or directed it or whatever.

If there is evidence and I haven't seen it then I'll review it and if I'm proven wrong I stand corrected!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Don't be so quick to make judgements based on articles you read on the internet. Those assumptions, ...!
The USA is already the BIGGEST ARMS DEALER on the planet. Even if the article is a total fake, my post would still apply or at least most of it, if not all of it.

Russia, China, France and others also sell war making arms. These are not weapons intended to protect one's citizens but for powerful gov't to be able to abuse others and keep control over their own citizens. The war business is a huge business. It is a business. The business of control, counter-productivity, suffering, and death. It is the devil's business.

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The USA is already the BIGGEST ARMS DEALER on the planet. Even if the article is a total fake, my post would still apply or at least most of it, if not all of it.

Russia, China, France and others also sell war making arms. These are not weapons intended to protect one's citizens but for powerful gov't to be able to abuse others and keep control over their own citizens. The war business is a huge business. It is a business. The business of control, counter-productivity, suffering, and death. It is the devil's business.
I have no retort and agree 100%. My point is let's not blame EVERYTHING on Trump and let's not expect Trump to solve, or even be able to address all our problems at once. The arms cartel in America is one of the strongest forces on the planet! They can't be defeated by a full frontal assault. There needs to be a plan in place and for all we know Trump has one and is acting on it. We won't really know that by reading articles on the internet!

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I have no retort and agree 100%. My point is let's not blame EVERYTHING on Trump and let's not expect Trump to solve, or even be able to address all our problems at once. The arms cartel in America is one of the strongest forces on the planet! They can't be defeated by a full frontal assault. There needs to be a plan in place and for all we know Trump has one and is acting on it. We won't really know that by reading articles on the internet!
This particular issue falls squarely on Trump.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This is the only link I could find:
https://austrian.economicblogs.org/...salesmen-trump-loosens-weapons-export-policy/

Summary:

A bombshell Reuters report details a major policy change set to be put in place by the Trump administration as early as February, and could result in a massive uptick in arms proliferation and conflict escalation around the world. What's being described as a new "Buy American" plan will involve US diplomats and military attaches stationed across the globe essentially playing the role of middle men for American arms contractors and US defense sales, while also encouraging embassy staff to aggressively promote weapons purchases abroad and allowing for much greater leeway in terms of which foreign entities the US does business with.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starts in February, pentagon to join in sell-a-thon, NOT as drastic as it was made to sound.

What really sucks is state dept and pentagon people are made to be a sales force subsidizing weapons mfrs. Screw that BS. Putin says you arm Ukraine and I'll arm Taliban. Well hell, maybe we should arm South Korea and Nepal. Really?!? This is NOT about arming other countries! It is about selling (SELLING) arms. Apparently GE needs to move some mini-guns or some such. Oberry sold LOTS of weapons and nary a peep from the libtards. Actually, not much protest from the right either. How else we gonna maintain status as World's #1 Arms Dealer!?! Who's whining about Russian or Israeli arms sales?

In the end it's business as usual. Still sucks state dept. and pentagon is made into the subsidizing sales force.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
"War Is A Racket" By Maj. Gen. Smedley D. Butler, Read By Jon Gold
Jon Gold

Published on Sep 26, 2015

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
New arms race: Trump’s proposal aims for tactical nuclear warheads
RT America

Published on Jan 10, 2018
The Trump administration is planning to develop a low-yield tactical nuclear warhead in order to ‘deter Russia’ in Europe, according to an Obama administration official. Deploying such weapons would likely lead to “a new type of nuclear arms race that no one would win,” non-proliferation experts warned in 2017. RT America’s Anya Parampil has the story.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump lauded delivery of F-52s to Norway. The planes only exist in 'Call of Duty.'

The Washington Post
Alex Horton
2 hrs ago

President Trump caused a stir with his announcement that the United States had delivered F-52 fighter jets to Norway.

Was it a secret advanced jet capable of beating its Russian counterparts? A ruse to fool intelligence analysts?

Neither, it turns out. The “F-52” is a fictional jet only available to fly if you’re a gamer at the controls of “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.”

Trump lauded the sale of the fictional planes alongside Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg at the White House on Wednesday, remarking on the very real and growing defense relationship with America’s Northern Europe ally.

“In November we started delivering the first F-52s and F-35 fighter jets,” Trump said. “We have a total of 52 and they’ve delivered a number of them already a little ahead of schedule.”

Trump was reading from a statement, and it appears he combined the figure of 52 planes with the “F” designation assigned to fighter jets in the U.S. inventory, such as the F-35 Lightning II.

Lockheed Martin, the defense company that produces the actual aircraft, said in a statement that the Norwegian government has so far authorized funding for 40 F-35s, and has taken delivery of 10 to date. Three arrived at Ørland Air Base in November, spokeswoman Carolyn Nelson said.

The company did not say if it had an F-52 program in development.

That plane, at least in pixelated form, exists in 2014’s installment of the popular Call of Duty franchise. In the game, players are at the helm of the jet soaring through a canyon, firing a chaingun and missiles in a scene reminiscent of another fantasy dogfight — the Death Star run in “A New Hope.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders did not return a request to comment on the issue and did not respond to a question asking whether Trump was a Call of Duty fan.

The developer of the game, Sledgehammer Games, did not return requests for comment.

The stealth F-35 is the most advanced jet in the U.S. inventory, honeycombed with sensors and loaded with technology to fulfill its multi-role capability — to defeat other planes, but also to provide close air support to troops on the ground, scoop up vital surveillance and conduct electronic warfare attacks.

The jet has been an albatross around the neck of Pentagon acquisition officials, with years of cost-overruns, delays and concerns over pilot safety. The program will cost $1 trillion dollars over its 60-year life span — the most expensive agency program ever. Trump targeted the price tag before he was commander in chief, saying he would save billions, and Lockheed Martin responded with commitments to lower its costs.

Since then, Trump has highlighted the aircraft, saying in September: “When our enemies hear the F-35 engines, when they’re roaring overhead, their souls will tremble, and they will know the day of reckoning has arrived.” Air Force variants of the plane arrived in the U.K. in April for the service’s first overseas operational deployment, with the Marine Corps already fielding them in Japan.

Norway, which shares a maritime and land border with Russia, has relied on the United States to bolster its defense in the face of tension in Europe after Russia’s incursion into the Ukraine 2014, which followed its annexation of Crimea. The State Department approved a possible sale of 60 guided air-to-air missiles to Norway in November, an agency release said. Those missiles are compatible with the F-35, which will replace Norway’s aging stocks of F-16s.

The country is also home to a rotational force of 300 U.S. Marines training for cold weather and mountainous warfare, mirroring a rotational armored brigade fanned out across Eastern Europe. The head of the Marine Corps told personnel in December that a “big ass fight” was looming while he visited Oslo.

“I hope I’m wrong, but there’s a war coming,” Gen. Robert Neller told Marines in December. “You’re in a fight here, an informational fight, a political fight, by your presence.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...-call-of-duty/ar-AAuyLN5?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Commander n Chief, by way of video game experience. Why worry?

Making America Great Again - One F-52 sale at a time.