• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Trump's Economic & Winning Thread

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the date on this article posted by Sundance @ CTH. The headline is a link......................

The “Coup” Against a Sitting U.S. President Became Official on October 29th, 2019…
Posted on November 9, 2019 by sundance

The word “coup” shifted to a new level of formalized meaning last week when members of the political resistance showed up to remove President Trump wearing military uniforms.

Not only did U.S. military leadership remain silent to the optics and purpose, but in the testimony of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman he admits to giving instructions to ignore the instructions from a sitting United States President.

In the absence of push-back from the Joint Chiefs, from this moment forth, the impression is tacit U.S. military support for the Vindman objective.

NOW Look at the date on this one. Anybody want to explain to me that no progress is being made?
Problem identified, problem solved................

Sunday Talks: NSA Robert O’Brien -vs- Margaret Brennan – Alexander Vindman Being Cycled Out of National Security Council…
Posted on November 10, 2019 by sundance

National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien continues to impress today as he appears on Face the Nation for an interview with the ever-emotional and overly-dramatic resistance dingbat Margaret Brennan. [Transcript of Interview Here]

In 2016 and 2017 President Trump said NATO was obsolete and the moonbats went bananas; NATO is the only thing saving the planet Brennan claimed. Fast forward to 2019… Trump meets with a NATO nation leader (Erdogan) and the moonbats go bananas; NATO is a horrible construct, Erdogan bad. Yes, liberal apoplexy is contagious in groups.
View attachment 145878:meditation:

Good God...LtCol Vindman (a former Ukrainian btw) thinks Trump asking the Ukraine President for "a favor" is a "demand". What shallow and transparent idiocy these people have perpetrated on us. They never thought he would release the transcript.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Hang the traitors!

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I read thru that transcript provided by Irons,

the smug arrogant pos, then trying to play the i am not a lawyer thing, and you are twisting my words, etc.

no one was twisting anything, as he was being questioned on his very words, and even given the op to go find in the transcript where tramp ordered anything. He then basically claimed a request for help is a demand, as you don't go against someone like that.

which is a good play for him to go into the grey area, as the avg slave will or can agree with that characterization. Even if he blatantly ordered him, where is the impeachable offense?

etc.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good! I honestly hope that his career in the USA is finished. I've known people who have had their career wrecked over less.

Follow the money...... he was paid.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I read thru that transcript provided by Irons,

the smug arrogant pos, then trying to play the i am not a lawyer thing, and you are twisting my words, etc.

no one was twisting anything, as he was being questioned on his very words, and even given the op to go find in the transcript where tramp ordered anything. He then basically claimed a request for help is a demand, as you don't go against someone like that.

which is a good play for him to go into the grey area, as the avg slave will or can agree with that characterization. Even if he blatantly ordered him, where is the impeachable offense?

etc.
His name is President Trump.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I have much respect for the man.
Agreed...
Trump slaps armless veteran for making fun of his orange hair.
We may disagree on...well - pretty much everything....but this was funny. Gotta give you props for it...
Headlines in the Washington Post: "Trump defaces Federal Property. Impeachment imminent"
TREASON!!!
Maganomics:
Never heard this term "Maganomics" before..I like it.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
TheMOSTvettedPrezinHistory15 hours ago

Game Plan to eliminate Trump

Plan A. Collude with Hillary, GPS and the Russians to win the election.
Plan B. Sway the Electoral College votes
Plan C. Overturn the Election results with recounts. (Recounts were abandoned when they resulted in more votes for Trump and exposing democrat voter fraud)
Plan D. Nullify the election by framing Trump with Russian collusion
Plan E. Have the Deep State take Trump out using the 25th Amendment
Plan F. Impeach Trump for firing Comey
Plan G=String (Stormey Daniels). Impeach Trump for Campaign Finance violations
Plan H. Push Back: “If you see anybody from that cabinet.....get in their face”
Plan I. Impeach Trump for Obstruction of Justice
Plan J. Demonize Trump’s S.C. Justice nominee
Plan K. Impeach Trump for Money Laundering
Plan L. Impeach Trump for Treason
Plan M. Impeach Trump for revoking security clearances of people no longer in the government.
Plan N. Obstruct everything Trump attempts to do in congress
Plan O. Impeach Trump for violation of the Emoluments Clause
Plan P. Throw tantrum over Trump’s tax returns we will never see
Plan Q. Give sixteen year olds the vote
Plan R. Eliminate the Electoral College
Plan S. Let imprisoned convicts vote
plan T. Use pictures of illegal alien children caged by 0bama and blame Trump
Plan U. Mueller Report findings....
Plan V. Mueller's 9 minute summary of Weismann’s 400 pg op-ed
Plan W. Impeach Trump for "racist" Tweet "if you don't like it here, go home"
Plan X. Mueller's testimony before Congress

Plan Y. Moscow Trump Tower
Plan Z. Tie Bill's buddy Epstein to Trump
Plan AA. Exclude Trump from Kaliforia’s Primary Ballot
Plan AB. Convince voters we are headed into a recession
Plan AC. Recruit Establishment Never-Trumpers to run against him
Plan AD. Dox Trump supporters
Plan AE. Conspire with Silicon Valley to shut down any and all Conservatives
Plan AF. Change the whistle blower rules so literally anyone can fabricate a fake story based on hearsay
Plan AG. Change the House Rules on Impeachment as needed
Plan AH. Impeach Trump for pulling out of Syria after the Stated Mission of eradicating ISIS was successfully concluded
Plan AI. Impeach Trump for not informing leak prone democrats before taking out the ISIS leader and his successor
Plan AJ. Accuse Trump of a cover-up because the Trump/Zelenskiy transcript was stored on a secure system
Wait, what?
Plan AK. Impeach Trump for Quid Pro Quo
no wait, make that Bribery,
Extortion

intimidating tweets
Plan AL. Since Dems know they can’t impeach, have a meaningless show trial to keep the word “impeachment” in the news. And coach the witnesses on their hearsay evidence.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I went back home to Ohio's Trump country. In Appalachia, honest people have hope again.
Jason Williams, Cincinnati EnquirerPublished 11:44 a.m. ET Oct. 15, 2019 | Updated 11:53 a.m. ET Oct. 15, 2019

Columnist Jason Williams returned to his hometown of Gallipolis, Ohio, in the heart of Trump country. Here's why it was such a challenging assignment.

GALLIPOLIS, Ohio – I've been a journalist for 21 years. I've never struggled to write something as much as I have this column.
The assignment: Go back to the place where I grew up, here in the middle of Ohio's Appalachian region across the river from West Virginia, talk to family and friends and my hometown people and offer a perspective on the heart of Trump country that few others in the media can.
Trump won 76% of the vote in Gallia County three years ago, his largest margin among Southeast Ohio counties. His sweeping success across Ohio's Appalachian region — he won 30 of the state's 32 such counties — played a big part in sending him to the White House.
This poverty-stricken area, nestled amid the picturesque Appalachian foothills about 150 miles east of Cincinnati, continues to stand firm behind Trump. And rural Ohio very well could play a part in re-electing him, barring impeachment.

That is, unless the Democratic candidates somehow miraculously start talking about real-world issues like jobs and safety. Tuesday night would actually be a great time for them to start appealing to everyday Americans, when the candidates debate 125 miles north of here in Westerville.
I thought this would be a fun story to do.

It wasn't

Mocked just for being from Appalachia

Here's why: Many of my family, friends, former teachers, coaches, classmates and church congregates — and all their friends — in this county of 30,000 people are Trump supporters, and I didn't want to put them out there, by name, for the trolls to feast on.

I love my hometown and its people too much.

These folks already get made fun of enough for being from Appalachia. They're good, respectful people who are focused on taking care of their families. They want to be left alone. They don't care about stupid Twitter wars, and I don't want to be responsible for thrusting them into the vicious rhetorical crossfire between leftist activists and Trump sycophants.

Democrats aren't reaching out: No one votes to be despised. If Democrats don't change their pitch, I may switch to Trump.

I quickly came to the realization that this was going to be a challenge soon after arriving for my 2½-day stay in early September. I found that a lot of folks didn't want to talk about Trump. They didn't want to put themselves out there for fear of being verbally bludgeoned on Facebook and Twitter or in the grocery store or even at church

And those who did want to talk, well, they seemed to speak for those who wanted to remain silent: They're tired of certain cable news networks and the leftist political class stereotyping them as a bunch of toothless, racist, backwoods rubes.

"I don't want to talk about it because you can't have an opinion unless it's their opinion," an African American Trump supporter said about the left. "Either you believe the way they believe, or you're a racist or a homophobe. The reason I'm working is because of what Trump's done. I just want to put my hard hat on and go to work every day."

The man, who added he's a registered Democrat, talked to Enquirer photographer Albert Cesare and me for nearly an hour on his front porch on a hot evening. He said a lady at his church had given him grief for supporting "racist" Trump, but the man said he's seen no hard evidence that's true.

The man then abruptly said he wanted no part of the story, stepped inside his house and closed the front door, leaving us sitting on the porch dumbfounded.

I didn't blame him one bit.

Trump, the lesser of two evils

The truth is, these aren't a bunch of Bible-thumping hillbillies. I spoke with nearly 20 Trump supporters. Most of them didn't want to be quoted, but every single one of them said the No. 1 thing they like about Trump is he's focused on jobs. Nothing about Russia or building walls or locking anyone up.

I know it's hard for the out-of-touch political class that's obsessed with hating Trump and all his supporters to fathom this, but there aren't stereotypes on every street corner and dirt road here.

I put over 100 miles on my SUV driving around Gallia County, where I grew up in a middle class home on a 100-acre farm. I walked around our little downtown of Gallipolis, population 3,500 and the county seat. I hung out for hours at Remo's Italian Hotdogs, Bob Evans, Montgomery's Barber Shop, Shake Shoppe, Courtside Bar and Grill and McDonald's – all the cool places.

I saw no MAGA-hat wearers.

I saw two Trump flags hanging from front porches, each on opposite ends of the county.

I saw one Trump bumper sticker, and it was on a luxury SUV. My colleague saw a "Trump 2020" doormat on a houseboat.

Teaching government in the Trump era: I've taught US government for 40 years. Thanks to Trump, I'm doubting the Founders' plan.

The only other time I saw or heard anything about Trump was when my dad was watching Fox News' "The Five" in the afternoon. It's something he enjoys in retirement after spending nearly 38 years working in one of the county's two coal-fired power plants along the Ohio River, raising three sons and tending to my late grandfather's farm.

634e91ad-975f-4449-9261-24846f8e2e6f-091419Gallipolis07.JPG

Ironically, I often see more leftover Obama bumper stickers during my 15-minute commute to The Enquirer than I saw Trump signs back home.

If I go back in a year, maybe it'll be different. Or perhaps it's an indication that there's not this wide-spread obsession with Trump – and never has been – in the areas where he dominated at the polls. It might be hard for some to grasp this, but don't believe everything you read in the alt-reality world of social media.

Every person I talked to about Trump, generally said:

He was the lesser of two evils — and still is.

I like what he's doing on the economy.

I wish he'd stop tweeting.

Sounds like the same thing Trump supporters in Greater Cincinnati — and everywhere else in Ohio — say.

In Appalachia, people have hope again

Look, there's no deep, why-do-these-people-love-Trump-so-much meaning here. Gallia County has long been really Republican.

This is the home of the late Bob Evans, where his namesake restaurant was founded in 1948. His family's money has influenced GOP politics in Gallia County for decades. Bill Clinton in 1996 is the last Democratic presidential candidate to win the county. Before that, the county hadn't gone for a Democrat in a presidential election since 1964 (Lyndon Johnson).

Gallia County supported Republican Mike DeWine in his failed re-election bid for the U.S. Senate in 2006. Every other county in southeast and eastern Ohio went for Sherrod Brown.

It's easy to see why the economy is top of mind. Gallia County is one of the poorest counties in the state. The power plants and the region's main hospital are among the few options for good-paying jobs.

Trump's policies are rooted in reality

I can remember coming home a decade ago and there were four of those sleazy, check-cashing places within a 2-mile radius. All of the stores where we shopped growing up — Haskins-Tanner clothiers, Knight's Department Store, Carl's shoe store — had been shuttered.

But the residents have optimism like I haven't seen in a long time. Gallia County's unemployment rate is 5.6%, the lowest its been since 1979. Most of the storefronts in Gallipolis again have businesses. Some residents attribute that to Trump, though the economy was showing signs of rebounding before he was elected.

Trump doesn't deserve all the credit. I've always felt like he played places like Gallipolis and Ohio's other blue-collar areas on the economy.

Things are better, yes, but it doesn't mean happy days are here again. Gallia County's workforce is a staggering 20% smaller than it was in the early 1970s, and the current unemployment rate is still higher than the U.S. (3.8%) and Ohio (4.2%).

I covered Trump's Youngstown rally in July 2017, when he implored people not to sell their homes and promised to bring back steel mills. The crowd erupted into a deafening cheer.

It was an unrealistic promise that factories are coming back, and it's bothered me ever since. But I'm glad people have hope again.

I'll go back home several more times before the 2020 election. Maybe I'll keep you updated on whether this area breaks away from Trump or solidifies around the president as the impeachment process continues.

Or maybe I'll just leave everyone alone and go tear up some trails on my dad's Polaris.

Jason Williams is a political columnist for the Cincinnati Enquirer, where this column originally appeared. Subscribe and listen to his free podcast, "That's So Cincinnati," on Apple Podcasts and most other podcast platforms. Follow him on Twitter @jwilliamscincy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-ohio-donald-trump-country-column/3984999002/

THIS:

I quickly came to the realization that this was going to be a challenge soon after arriving for my 2½-day stay in early September. I found that a lot of folks didn't want to talk about Trump. They didn't want to put themselves out there for fear of being verbally bludgeoned on Facebook and Twitter or in the grocery store or even at church

And those who did want to talk, well, they seemed to speak for those who wanted to remain silent: They're tired of certain cable news networks and the leftist political class stereotyping them as a bunch of toothless, racist, backwoods rubes.

"I don't want to talk about it because you can't have an opinion unless it's their opinion," an African American Trump supporter said about the left. "Either you believe the way they believe, or you're a racist or a homophobe. The reason I'm working is because of what Trump's done. I just want to put my hard hat on and go to work every day."

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Blackmail Confirmed, Navy Secretary Richard Spencer Removed by Defense Secretary Mark T Esper…
Posted on November 24, 2019 by sundance

If you’ve followed our CTH review, research and analysis of the issues at hand, you will understand our position was that this situation, if true, had a very clear command expectation from U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

It has just been announced that Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has requested the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer (pictured below) for violating the unified chain of command, blackmailing the President of the United States with an ultimatum, and hiding the threat from the Secretary of Defense.

WASHINGTON – Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper asked for the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer on Sunday after losing confidence in him over his handling of the case of a Navy SEAL accused of war crimes in Iraq, the Pentagon said.
Spencer’s resignation came in the wake of the controversial case of Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was accused of war crimes on a 2017 deployment. He was acquitted of murder but convicted in July of posing with the corpse of a captive.​
Esper asked for Spencer’s resignation after learning that he had privately proposed to White House officials that if they did not interfere with proceedings against Gallagher, then Spencer would ensure that Gallagher was able to retire as a Navy SEAL, with his Trident insignia.​

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Blackmail Confirmed, Navy Secretary Richard Spencer Removed by Defense Secretary Mark T Esper…
Posted on November 24, 2019 by sundance

If you’ve followed our CTH review, research and analysis of the issues at hand, you will understand our position was that this situation, if true, had a very clear command expectation from U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper.

It has just been announced that Secretary of Defense Mark Esper has requested the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer (pictured below) for violating the unified chain of command, blackmailing the President of the United States with an ultimatum, and hiding the threat from the Secretary of Defense.

WASHINGTON – Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper asked for the resignation of Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer on Sunday after losing confidence in him over his handling of the case of a Navy SEAL accused of war crimes in Iraq, the Pentagon said.​
Spencer’s resignation came in the wake of the controversial case of Chief Petty Officer Edward Gallagher, a Navy SEAL who was accused of war crimes on a 2017 deployment. He was acquitted of murder but convicted in July of posing with the corpse of a captive.​
Esper asked for Spencer’s resignation after learning that he had privately proposed to White House officials that if they did not interfere with proceedings against Gallagher, then Spencer would ensure that Gallagher was able to retire as a Navy SEAL, with his Trident insignia.​

Whoah. Yep. He offered the WH a "drug deal" which one should never do.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Bill Still quotes Sundance from CTH and also explains very well how President Trump is beating China and beating them badly in the trade war.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eric Parscale is Trump's social media manager; he releases stats on the people that they get information on at Trump rallies. I consistently am seeing 20%-30% identified Dems, and 20%-30% minorities in attendence. That does NOT bode well for the Dems in 2020.

There are also currently 3 polls showing Trump with 33-34% black approval...if he gets double+ what the GOP normally does with minority votes, it's landslide time for 2020.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Sacrebleu! – USTR Lighthizer Announces 100% Countervailing Duties on $2.4 Billion of French Products…
Posted on December 2, 2019 by sundance

The synergy, flow and timing of the U.S. trade and economic team is just a marvel; a brilliant assembly of perfectly in-tune economic and trade professionals.

As President Trump touched down in the U.K. to attend the two-day NATO summit, United States Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer announces the completion of a Section 301 review of France’s Digital Services Tax (DST).

After determining the value of the French tax on U.S. internet services at $2.4 billion; Lighthizer announces a 100% countervailing duty on a carefully selected $2.4 billion in French imports.

Obviously the agenda for the bilateral NATO meeting between U.S. President Trump and French President Emmanuel Macron just changed. LOL, you have to love Team USA.

Oh, but wait, wait… it gets better….

We have to remember, THIS $2.4 billion U.S. tariff against France would be on top of the $7.5 billion (per year) countervailing duty recently won from the Airbus subsidy case in the WTO…. and by law France cannot retaliate.

Oh my, President Trump strolls into the NATO bilat with Macron while holding a $10 billion legally justified countervailing tariff position. How’d ya like ‘dem grapes?

Continue reading →

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Macron: “No matter what I try, he just keeps winning”…

May: “Oh, Emmanuel you don’t have to tell me. If you only knew”…

Macron: “What is this, this mysterious power, he has?”..

May: “I hear they call it MAGA something-or-other”…

Macron: …{{{heavy sigh}}}

May: “You need to call Justin now. He’s picking us off one by one”…

macron-and-may-1.jpg

aarock.gif

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
A list of some of President Trump's accomplishments begins at the 6 minute mark:

Steve Hilton: The truth about impeachment (7 min 19 sec):​
Published on Dec 16, 2019 by Fox News​

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
A list of some of President Trump's accomplishments begins at the 6 minute mark:

Steve Hilton: The truth about impeachment (7 min 19 sec):​
Published on Dec 16, 2019 by Fox News​
23_28_100s.gif

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What the state run media script readers and talking heads cannot believe is that President Trump has destroyed their ability to shape public opinion.
Their power over the vast majority of the American population is gone. And President Trump is just getting started on them!

trumpz.jpg

GOLDBRIX

'SUSH, MY NEW SAFE HOUSE"
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Black & Decker relocating to Texas from China

Black & Decker

Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK) today announced it will expand its U.S. manufacturing footprint with a new CRAFTSMAN manufacturing plant in Fort Worth, TX. The groundbreaking for the 425,000-square-foot facility will take place in summer 2019, and the plant is expected to be completed in late 2020.

The new plant in Fort Worth will manufacture a wide range of CRAFTSMAN mechanics tools, including sockets, ratchets, wrenches and general sets. The plant will also leverage some of the most advanced manufacturing technologies available to optimize productivity and sustainability, including pre-flattening steel technologies to improve material yield by almost 25 percent, as well as water and energy management technologies to reduce resource consumption. The Fort Worth plant will employ approximately 500 full-time employees to support the facility.

Last month, Stanley Black & Decker also opened a new 23,000-square-foot Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence, called “Manufactory 4.0”, in Hartford, Conn. The facility is the focal point of the company’s global Industry 4.0 “smart factory” initiative, housing a team of approximately 50 Industry 4.0 experts focused on accelerating the company’s adoption of advanced manufacturing technologies and building upskilling programs to help prepare the company’s workforce for today’s digital-led manufacturing environment.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Why do Americans still give this person air-time?

I can't understand this, for the life of me.

To me he has this 'come and punch me in the face look', that I just can't ignore.

Golden Regards
Uncle

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
2019 in Review: US Economy Strong, Entering the Longest Expansion in History
This article is part of a special Epoch Times series reviewing 2019
BY EMEL AKAN - December 25, 2019

The U.S. economy proved remarkably resilient in 2019, defying recession fears that dominated the headlines throughout the year. The economy has entered the longest expansion in American history, surpassing the economic boom of the 1990s.

United States consumers, buoyed by the strong labor market, have continued to drive economic growth during the past year against a backdrop of weak business sentiment.

Increased hiring and rising wages have powered consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of the U.S. economy. The stock market also rose steadily throughout the year, boosting household income and allowing people to spend more.

“The consumer is really driving growth” and hasn’t been impacted by weakness in manufacturing, export, and business investment, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said during a press conference on Oct. 30.

The trade dispute with China hasn’t affected consumer spending, either. Despite tariffs on Chinese imports, changes in retail prices kept pace with broader inflation, mainly due to China’s devaluation of its currency, according to economists.

The United States economy grew at an annual rate of 2.1 percent in the third quarter; growth for 2019 is predicted to be 2.3 percent, weaker than last year’s 3 percent.

However, the slowdown is worldwide, and the U.S. economy held up relatively well compared to other advanced economies, according to Gary Cohn and Kevin Hassett, former White House economic advisers.

The United States “is the only Group of Seven countries that will post growth above 2 percent this year,” they wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed, adding that tax reform boosted productivity and wages.

The United States economy expanded for a record 126th straight month in December, the longest expansion on record. And the country finished an entire decade without entering a recession, for the first time ever, according to a CNBC report.

Meanwhile, the global economy recorded its weakest growth in the past 10 years, according to the International Monetary Fund. Rising trade tensions, poor business climate, and activity, as well as country-specific weaknesses in emerging markets, have been a significant drag on global growth in 2019.

Trump has called the United States economy, “the envy of the world.”

It’s also been a good year for U.S. stocks. The market valuation of the United States stock market has recently climbed to a record 1.5 times gross domestic product.

Global slowdown and trade risks, however, weighed on business confidence in the United States. The trade war with China, in particular, led United States firms to slow their investment decisions in 2019. Economists, however, started to see a silver lining.

“Business equipment investment remains weak, related to the global slowing in manufacturing activity,” Citigroup economists wrote in a global economic outlook report.

“However, there are signs that global manufacturing weakness is bottoming,” they said, adding that a pickup in United States domestic activity could also boost equipment investment and manufacturing in the first half of 2020.

Fed Policy

Despite the solid economic activity, downside risk from slowing global growth and trade tensions led the U.S. central bank to cut its benchmark federal funds rate three times in 2019. The Federal Reserve slashed its target interest rate by a combined 75 basis points in July, September, and October.

Fed officials, however, signaled that the current cycle of cutting rates is over. They stated that monetary policy is currently “in a good place” and that a “material reassessment” of the outlook would be necessary to ease policy further.

“This suggests a higher bar” for future rate reductions, Citigroup economists suggested but added that interest rate cuts would be more likely than rate increases in 2020.

Strong Dollar
The strong United States economy has continued to attract investment in 2019 from all over the world because of the perceived safety of United States markets. As a result, the U.S. dollar has risen to a record high relative to emerging market currencies. Geopolitical tensions also boosted demand for the dollar.

The dollar’s high value relative to other currencies will likely continue in 2020, according to the Institute of International Finance.

“The major driver of the dollar is excess demand for dollar-denominated stocks and bonds, and other assets,” Robert Scott, senior economist at the Economic Policy Institute, told The Epoch Times.

“We’ve got a problem with too much capital coming into the United States,” he said, adding that the trade deficit is widening as the strong dollar keeps making imports cheaper and United States exports more expensive.

Trade Wins

In December, President Donald Trump got a major win on trade after the United States–Mexico–Canada trade agreement passed the House. Also, the United States and China announced that they would sign the “phase one” trade deal in January.

These two deals will allow Trump to go into 2020 with a very strong economy, according to Stephen Moore, an economist, and former Trump campaign adviser.

The state of the economy is the overriding factor in how people vote, Moore told The Epoch Times.

“I believe that Americans vote with their pocketbooks. ‘It’s the economy, stupid,’” he said, recalling the famous motto coined by Bill Clinton’s campaign strategist that summed up Clinton’s election in 1992.

The trade deals would boost Trump’s reelection chances in 2020, Moore said.

Fiscal Future

While the economy is in a stable position, the fiscal future deserves more attention in 2020, according to Jim Glassman, head economist for JPMorgan Chase’s commercial banking operation.

As of November’s end, the United States government’s budget deficit over the past 12 months exceeded $1 trillion for the second month in a row, due to a surge in federal spending. And the federal government’s debt surpassed $23 trillion for the first time in history.

“While recessionary and other economic fears loomed large in 2019, the expansion proved quite resilient,” Glassman wrote in a report.

“That said, fiscal reforms may be needed in 2020 to keep the United States on a sustainable path.”

Follow Emel on Twitter: @mlakan

Dear Readers,
Thank you for reading The Epoch Times. Media outlets in America are dividing our nation by pushing false narratives and spinning the facts. Honest news, without hidden agendas or corporate control, is now more crucial than ever. Our operating revenue is generated mostly from subscriptions. When you subscribe, you’re supporting our Mission of Upholding Independent, Honest and Traditional Journalism.

source: https://www.theepochtimes.com/2019-...the-longest-expansion-in-history_3183057.html

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score