• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump's Economic & Winning Thread

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
DT200329.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Trump’s Approval Soars As Media Seeks Blackout
The president’s job approval is on the rise – is that the real reason the left-wing media won’t cover him anymore?

By: James Fite March 27, 2020

To the great consternation of many a left-leaning American, the latest polls from Gallup, Reuters/Ipsos, and Economist/YouGov all show the president’s job approval at 49%, crushing the dreams of those who hoped Coronavirus would finish what the Russia and Ukraine investigations never could. Claims of misinformation aside, could this be the real reason biased news outlets have decided to stop covering Trump’s briefings?

No Love From The Left

Love him or hate him, there’s no denying the man is a ratings goldmine. According to Nielsen, 12.2 million people watched the president’s Monday briefing on Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC – that’s up there with Monday Night Football. And that doesn’t cover the millions more who watched via ABC, CBS, NBC, or online streaming sites. But is that a good enough reason for media outlets to cover him? That’s the question The New York Times asked recently – a question answered by a Seattle area NPR affiliate, KUOW, with a resounding “no.”

The Washington radio station cited “a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time” as the reason to dump Trump. And they’re not alone. The Washington Post’s Erik Wemple calls the decision wise, hinting at Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC that they could learn a thing or two if only they would pay attention. MSNBC and CNN, it seems, took the hint, as staffers of both networks have argued the case against airing Trump’s pressers, saying it likely amplifies the spread of misinformation. The president’s son, Eric, took to Twitter to bemoan the trend:

Buying Into The Bias
While the media outlets claim this is all in the name of furthering the truth, the timing is suspicious. The president – who, you may recall, is in the middle of a re-election campaign – is enjoying impressive approval numbers, including amongst many Democrats. He has garnered bipartisan support from both houses of Congress in his handling of the Coronavirus crisis. Even Joe Biden – the man who launched his presidential campaign from the platform that Trump is terrible for the country and must be removed at all costs – has said the president is doing a good job during the emergency and expressed hope for his continued success.

The track record of these outlets was already disappointing, thanks to their backfired attempts to bury Trump in negative coverage from the moment he first announced his candidacy. They couldn’t stop him from being elected, they couldn’t get him impeached, and now it seems they can’t get him blamed for COVID-19. How else can they prevent his re-election? Well, if nonstop negative coverage helped Trump win the White House in 2016, perhaps refusing to publish his pressers will cost him the win in 2020. These regular updates have been called by many in the media little more than Trump campaign events, so this move should come as no surprise.

What about the claim that the briefings are chock full of lies? The Associated Press took it upon themselves to fact check the president, to once and for all prove either that Trump is a liar or that the anti-Trump media is simply biased. You can likely guess how they ruled on this issue.

Thankfully, Liberty Nation’s newest contributor, Dave Patterson, decided to fact check the fact-checkers – and found them woefully wanting. “AP introduced inaccuracy when the writers conflated two quotations, losing precision and making the single quotation wrong,” he wrote. “Additionally, they did not put President Trump’s statements in context and created an inaccurate perception for the reader of what the president said.” When Dave lined up what the AP attributed to the president beside what Trump actually said and the historical data that backs up his claim, the discrepancies – and the AP’s bias – became glaringly clear.

Why are these media outlets really pushing back against covering the president? Either to try to oust him from the White House in November or perhaps out of pure spite, it would seem.

Setting aside the increasingly common conflict of profits vs political bias, isn’t there a far more compelling reason for the press to report the actions and words of Donald Trump than whether or not they think he’s honest or what kind of ratings he can draw? He is the president of the United States, and almost everything he says and does – certainly anything said during a media briefing – is a matter of national history. What does it say about our press that they would refuse to report on the president during a time of national emergency?

source: https://www.libertynation.com/trumps-ascending-approval-and-the-medias-tds-meltdown/

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Trump’s Approval Soars As Media Seeks Blackout
The president’s job approval is on the rise – is that the real reason the left-wing media won’t cover him anymore?

By: James Fite March 27, 2020

To the great consternation of many a left-leaning American, the latest polls from Gallup, Reuters/Ipsos, and Economist/YouGov all show the president’s job approval at 49%, crushing the dreams of those who hoped Coronavirus would finish what the Russia and Ukraine investigations never could. Claims of misinformation aside, could this be the real reason biased news outlets have decided to stop covering Trump’s briefings?

No Love From The Left

Love him or hate him, there’s no denying the man is a ratings goldmine. According to Nielsen, 12.2 million people watched the president’s Monday briefing on Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC – that’s up there with Monday Night Football. And that doesn’t cover the millions more who watched via ABC, CBS, NBC, or online streaming sites. But is that a good enough reason for media outlets to cover him? That’s the question The New York Times asked recently – a question answered by a Seattle area NPR affiliate, KUOW, with a resounding “no.”

The Washington radio station cited “a pattern of false or misleading information provided that cannot be fact checked in real time” as the reason to dump Trump. And they’re not alone. The Washington Post’s Erik Wemple calls the decision wise, hinting at Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC that they could learn a thing or two if only they would pay attention. MSNBC and CNN, it seems, took the hint, as staffers of both networks have argued the case against airing Trump’s pressers, saying it likely amplifies the spread of misinformation. The president’s son, Eric, took to Twitter to bemoan the trend:

Buying Into The Bias
While the media outlets claim this is all in the name of furthering the truth, the timing is suspicious. The president – who, you may recall, is in the middle of a re-election campaign – is enjoying impressive approval numbers, including amongst many Democrats. He has garnered bipartisan support from both houses of Congress in his handling of the Coronavirus crisis. Even Joe Biden – the man who launched his presidential campaign from the platform that Trump is terrible for the country and must be removed at all costs – has said the president is doing a good job during the emergency and expressed hope for his continued success.

The track record of these outlets was already disappointing, thanks to their backfired attempts to bury Trump in negative coverage from the moment he first announced his candidacy. They couldn’t stop him from being elected, they couldn’t get him impeached, and now it seems they can’t get him blamed for COVID-19. How else can they prevent his re-election? Well, if nonstop negative coverage helped Trump win the White House in 2016, perhaps refusing to publish his pressers will cost him the win in 2020. These regular updates have been called by many in the media little more than Trump campaign events, so this move should come as no surprise.

What about the claim that the briefings are chock full of lies? The Associated Press took it upon themselves to fact check the president, to once and for all prove either that Trump is a liar or that the anti-Trump media is simply biased. You can likely guess how they ruled on this issue.

Thankfully, Liberty Nation’s newest contributor, Dave Patterson, decided to fact check the fact-checkers – and found them woefully wanting. “AP introduced inaccuracy when the writers conflated two quotations, losing precision and making the single quotation wrong,” he wrote. “Additionally, they did not put President Trump’s statements in context and created an inaccurate perception for the reader of what the president said.” When Dave lined up what the AP attributed to the president beside what Trump actually said and the historical data that backs up his claim, the discrepancies – and the AP’s bias – became glaringly clear.

Why are these media outlets really pushing back against covering the president? Either to try to oust him from the White House in November or perhaps out of pure spite, it would seem.

Setting aside the increasingly common conflict of profits vs political bias, isn’t there a far more compelling reason for the press to report the actions and words of Donald Trump than whether or not they think he’s honest or what kind of ratings he can draw? He is the president of the United States, and almost everything he says and does – certainly anything said during a media briefing – is a matter of national history. What does it say about our press that they would refuse to report on the president during a time of national emergency?

source: https://www.libertynation.com/trumps-ascending-approval-and-the-medias-tds-meltdown/

I suspect that a lot of people are beginning to realize that the media is nothing more than a political wing of the DNC...and they don't like it. It's one thing to run a fair story criticizing someone, but to do unfair stories that literally nitpick every action and parse every word by someone then mis-report what the reality is can't be accepted by most.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
PM200402.jpg

Trump campaign donating meals to hospitals during coronavirus crisis
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-donates-meals-coronavirus

Excerpt:

One source told Fox News that the campaign was looking to not only express gratitude for first responders treating patients with COVID-19, but to support local restaurants.
“They’re doing it as a donor who cares,” one source told Fox News. “So nothing politically is tied to it. ... We’re just trying to, you know, show a thank you.”

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I watch the daily press briefings and I am amazed at the composure of President Trump. Some of the questions the press asks and the way in which they ask other questions just makes my blood boil. I would like to knock them off the chairs they are sitting in. I am glad President Trump calls them out on it. If only the press in America wasn't hostile to the President of the United States. Especially during this pandemic.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I watch the daily press briefings and I am amazed at the composure of President Trump. Some of the questions the press asks and the way in which they ask other questions just makes my blood boil. I would like to knock them off the chairs they are sitting in. I am glad President Trump calls them out on it. If only the press in America wasn't hostile to the President of the United States. Especially during this pandemic.
Love him or hate him, he's got a cool head.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If only the press in America wasn't hostile to the President of the United States. Especially during this pandemic
They're just still mad about their hag losing.
...and besides that, what else should we expect from a bunch f'ing commie bastids? Lol

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
When W was POTUS, I remember seeing all he was dealing with and how badly the press treated him and thought to myself; "wow, how does this guy handle all the attacks?".

Trump has it 10x as bad as W EVER had it...every.single.day.

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

andial

Overseas China affairs representative
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
...my uncle was a senior Boeing VP, recently died. I had many an interesting conversations with him, the one that sticks in my head is when he stated Boeing makes 95percent of their money in the missile and defense industry. Their commercial airliner department is very small, icing on the cake.
95 percent of their money is made working for the government? Funny how Boeing didn't mention that when they requested Billions, and Billions of dollars in bailout monies from the government recently.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Watching the daily updates he seems to be leaking & getting more bold and in their face. Pushing back etc..... D list acting between him & the 'reporters"?

Until there are LOTS & LOTS of heads on stakes it means nothing but I remain hopeful........ but my patients are limited and the clock is ticking.
I don't know what they can release or the timeframe that would change the world in a short time. It's either a slap across the face to wake people up & deal with it or we are doomed.

Labor day is to long to wait, 4th of July is really really pushing it. Memorial day maybe...........

Was this virus thing what team killary would have used to force us to submit?
Was killary loosing part of the plan to piss off snowlfakes & keep them rilled up with paid for protesters and keep the people from rebellion?

So many questions and all I get to do is play clue with the
1587398731279.png
riddler.......

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
95 percent of their money is made working for the government? Funny how Boeing didn't mention that when they requested Billions, and Billions of dollars in bailout monies from the government recently.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing

No love lost for Boeing. Huge quantities of their parts are made in China. They outsource virtually everything, last I heard the only sections they manufacture in the US is the wing sections. Before they moved Headquarters to Chicago, they were talking about moving HQ to China. All that said, they build a better aircraft than Airbus, which are throw aways. Had an A330 not to long ago with a number 2 engine fire, it went to the scrap yard ( written off) because the pylons ( unlike Boeing acft) are not a replaceable unit. A Boeing can have the pylon removed and replaced in 14 days.

andial

Overseas China affairs representative
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

No love lost for Boeing. Huge quantities of their parts are made in China. They outsource virtually everything, last I heard the only sections they manufacture in the US is the wing sections. Before they moved Headquarters to Chicago, they were talking about moving HQ to China. All that said, they build a better aircraft than Airbus, which are throw aways. Had an A330 not to long ago with a number 2 engine fire, it went to the scrap yard ( written off) because the pylons ( unlike Boeing acft) are not a replaceable unit. A Boeing can have the pylon removed and replaced in 14 days.
You missed the point. You said they make 95 percent of their money in the missle and defense industry. Defense spending is up so they are still making 95 percent of their money making missles and defense industry. Planes are only 5 percent of their business as you said so they should not be looking for a handout based on falling plane sales.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My company is researching alternatives right now....... savings have not materialized & quality is less than they expected.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Germany just decided to replace their Air Force fleet of "Tornados" with Boeing F18s... That should look good on the books...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...gs-show-bias-and-disrespect-of-trump-by-media

Voters: Virus briefings show 'bias and disrespect' of Trump by media

by Paul Bedard

| April 24, 2020 11:09 AM

Print this article

American voters see an anti-Trump bias in the media, and half believe the media are trying to “move the blame” for the coronavirus away from China and to the president to help defeat him in November.

What's more, a majority of those who watch the daily briefings said the media are disrespectful of the president.

The latest McLaughlin & Associates poll found that 49% of voters believe the media are helping the Democrats take out Trump in the current crisis.

The poll analysis shared with Secrets read, “The plurality of voters, 49%, agreed with the statement, ‘The Democrats and liberal national media are trying to move the blame for the spread of coronavirus away from China to President Trump for partisan political gain just to win the November elections’; only 42% disagreed. Republicans overwhelmingly agreed 80% to 15%. Independents agreed 47% to 43%, and even 22% of Democrats agreed.”

The split was similar on the question of bias and unfair coverage of Trump, who almost daily has complained about the press and the stories written about his fight to contain the virus.

McLaughlin found that 48% of voters said the coverage “has been unfair, biased, and even disrespectful to the president.” Some 42% said the media outlets were fair in its Trump coverage.

Key was the finding that those who regularly watch the briefings said the bias really stands out.

The gap was wider for those who watch the daily coronavirus task force briefings.

“Among all voters, 56% regularly watch President Trump's coronavirus task force briefings," the polling company said. "Among these voters who regularly watch the briefings, 59% to 37% they say that the media is unfair, biased, and disrespectful. While those who do not regularly watch the briefings only 34% say the media is unfair and 51% say that they are fair. The briefings are showing the bias and disrespect of members of the media towards the president.”

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
DL200425.jpg

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
And thank you, Mr. President, for being willing to put up with all the crap you have endured the last 3+ years. We know you didn't have to do it. America owes you much, sir.

DT200426.jpg