• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trumps la-la land needs workers...

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Anyone here willing to work for $10/hour?

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
CareerSource Palm Beach County, a nonprofit placement agency, told The Palm Beach Post that there are many Americans eager to work at Mar-a-Lago. “We currently have 5,136 qualified candidates in Palm Beach County for various hospitality positions,” spokesman Tom Veenstra said.

So how many of the 5,136 qualified candidates applied for the positions and were rejected? A very important fact that we do not know.

Also, hasn't Trump removed himself from running these businesses?

We used to go to French Lick, Indiana for a get away weekend, the dining room and kitchen staff was exclusively Jamaican during "the season" at the time, late 1990's.
Other staff [year round] was local. The Jamaicans filled temporary positions that locals were not interested in.

I saw something like this at Camp Perry while up there shooting. Help wanted signs everywhere. I asked a local about it, he said the jobs were only for the season and locals would not take them as they already had jobs that were permanent paying the same or better. Typical I would think for an area that has a prime tourist season - a temporary local labor shortage.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
CareerSource Palm Beach County, a nonprofit placement agency, told The Palm Beach Post that there are many Americans eager to work at Mar-a-Lago. “We currently have 5,136 qualified candidates in Palm Beach County for various hospitality positions,” spokesman Tom Veenstra said.

So how many of the 5,136 qualified candidates applied for the positions and were rejected? A very important fact that we do not know.

Also, hasn't Trump removed himself from running these businesses?

We used to go to French Lick, Indiana for a get away weekend, the dining room and kitchen staff was exclusively Jamaican during "the season" at the time, late 1990's.
Other staff [year round] was local. The Jamaicans filled temporary positions that locals were not interested in.

I saw something like this at Camp Perry while up there shooting. Help wanted signs everywhere. I asked a local about it, he said the jobs were only for the season and locals would not take them as they already had jobs that were permanent paying the same or better. Typical I would think for an area that has a prime tourist season - a temporary local labor shortage.
This was part of the story..."Companies are required to run two want ads in local newspapers before applying for foreign worker visas. Mar-a-Lago chose to place two hard-to-find classified ads in tiny type with no phone number or email information, according to a Washington Post report in August. Workers could apply only by fax or mail."

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I was making $10 bux an hour in 1979 pouring and finishing concrete.
Even with today's economy I believe I could "exist" on $10 an hour.
That's $20k a year. Or about $55 dollars a day.
It would be a spartan life for sure but doable.
It's a good thing that there are still more choices than living in poverty.
At least in America.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Substitute teacher pays about $100 a day where I live...

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Yowzer , the education system needs an overhaul and the only place that I can think of where to start would be the elimination of the Department of Education.
I've heard that the DOE has never issued one graduation diploma.

Not to sound like a broken record , but $100 bux ain't much today....
When we were not making $10 an hour on the commercial work , most cement finishers were moonlighting residential work , driveways , patios , and house floors...
The going rate in the 70's for journeyman finishers moonlighting was $100 bux a day cash...
It would be hard for me to get out of bed today and go pour concrete for less than $200-300 a day......
Not an evil lawyers wages but much more respectable...

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Hiring workers for many .gov projects and special programs require, and have required, advertising. The rules still say " newspaper ". Just doing due diligence to stay inside the lines. Yeah, needs to be revamped, BUT being in the private sector and trying to find bodies with the want to etc...gotta hit all the avenues. Conform, adapt , turn a profit or die. Thats the private sector.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Eric Trump does the foreign visa thing at his winery, too.
From a business perspective, can't blame them.

Trump Winery under fire after applying for visas seeking foreign workers
Published December 23, 2016
Fox News
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

President-elect Donald Trump purchased the Charlottesville, Va. winemaking operation in 2011 and gave it to his son, Eric Trump. It is no longer affiliated with the Trump Organization. (AP File Photo)

Trump Winery is facing backlash from critics and federal ethics experts from both parties after it emerged the Virginia vineyard applied for temporary visas for foreign workers earlier this month.

The winemaking operation, also known as Trump Vineyard Estates, applied for six H-2A visas for temporary jobs valid from Jan. 31 through June 30 of this year. According to the New York Post, the winery’s petition said the workers would be required to lift up to 80 pounds, would be exposed to “extreme” temperatures while the job would also involve “extensive walking” and “frequent stooping.”

THE WEEK IN PICTURES

Donald Trump purchased the estate in 2011 and gave it to his son Eric, who now owns and manages the property. Though he is no longer involved in the daily operations of the winery, when he becomes president in January, Trump's Labor Department would be responsible for reviewing the winery's request.

During the campaign, the President-elect vowed to tighten immigration policy and make jobs available for Americans. His son also touted the same goals.

“We’re losing all of our jobs, people are working harder, we’re being taxed more, all of our jobs are going overseas. It’s just a very, very sad thing,” Eric Trump told Fox News in September.

The H-2A visa is intended for unskilled or skilled laborers to work in the U.S. on a seasonal basis. For workers to qualify for H-2A classification, the petitioner must demonstrate that there are not enough U.S. workers willing, qualified, or available to do the temporary work.

CAN YOU REALLY BUY TRUMP STEAKS? THE REAL DEAL WITH TRUMP’S FOOD EMPIRE

CBS Miami reported that at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, between 70-90 H-2B visas have been requested per year since 2008 for jobs with a starting pay between $10 and $12 an hour. As recently as July, the club requested nearly 80 H-2B visas for housekeepers, waiters and cooks for the Palm Beach resort and for the Trump National Jupiter golf course, also in Florida.

In a presidential debate in March, Trump explained the need for hiring foreign workers at his Palm Beach property, saying, “it's very, very hard to get help.”

Norm Eisen, a visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution who was chief White House ethics lawyer for President Obama from 2009 to 2011 told the Washington Post the position was, “a classic conflict of interest.”

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I made over $10 in high school about 16 years ago.

$10 an hour will get you a shitty apartment in the ghetto and barely enough food to eat where I live at.

I think we need to drop the minimum wage and the welfare and let the market dictate prices. With welfare things get skewed. If Walmart doesn’t pay enough then Uncle Sam will buy you food to make ends meet.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Welfare needs to be cut like a mofo, and that includes the millions hussein put on "disability" because they had a pulse. Getting 30k to sit on your ass is easier than getting 22k working.
All hussein era disability cases need to be reviewed. 90% + would be cut off and told to get an effing job.

Trump won't hire them...and most businesses that import workers do so, so they may abuse the worker. Please don't hi-jack this thread Sir.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Trump won't hire them...and most businesses that import workers do so, so they may abuse the worker. Please don't hi-jack this thread Sir.
Gotcha, sorry.

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Visa worker program is huge. It is used in so many facets and ways you cannot count them.
Many large construction projects in Florida use them.
Not to mention the rest of the world.
It makes the economy go around.
Yeah, could be different, but its not.
Note:
The " not in labor force" numbers are over the top of the top right now.
There are PLENTY of bodies.
Just not enough WORKERS.
Right to work and want to work, two different things.
Nothing like world reserve status.
All good. Off to rock factory.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
If work visas cost 20k each, how many would we need then?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Trump won't hire them...and most businesses that import workers do so, so they may abuse the worker.
Firstly, "Trump" is not making day to day decisions on hiring/firing, is he? Secondly, his company is merely using the law as provided to them by our previous POS Congress/Senate/POTUS's, correct?
...and personally, I don't believe there is any place for these special work visa's. Maybe in extreme cases where there simply is no one with the needed skills. In other words, not being able to get someone to do the job simply because they don't want to offer enough pay to make anyone want the job, should not be a valid reason to have to import special workers.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
We have the 5 star BroAdmoor luxury resort and hotel where I reside.

They mainly hire foreign students to be servers in their restaurants.

I've chatted with them and none ever said they were mistreated or abused.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
We have the 5 star BroAdmoor luxury resort and hotel where I reside.

They mainly hire foreign students to be servers in their restaurants.

I've chatted with them and none ever said they were mistreated or abused.
Google" abuse foreign workers in USA", tons of stories out there, of course, all the reports may be false too.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I have been to Trump's in Doral, FL and driven past Mar-a-Lago. Working conditions are way better than the crapholes they left plus they are getting paid in American dollars!

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I have been to Trump's in Doral, FL and driven past Mar-a-Lago. Working conditions are way better than the crapholes they left plus they are getting paid in American dollars!
So, You have worked for Trump yourself and are certain of which you speak, thank you. As to the second matter, I'd rather be paid in Bitcoins.