• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Turmeric and Curcumin

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I get a colonoscopy every five years, always have had 5/7 polyps , 3 years ago they were pre cancerous, I started taking tumeric and cuccumin after that, doctor suggested moving them up to 3 years, had it last week, first time in my life I had no polyps, FWIW

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I get a colonoscopy every five years, always have had 5/7 polyps , 3 years ago they were pre cancerous, I started taking tumeric and cuccumin after that, doctor suggested moving them up to 3 years, had it last week, first time in my life I had no polyps, FWIW
How much do you use, SF? I use a bit, but maybe I should use more.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I make golden milk - sometimes use fresh turmeric when available and when priced reasonably, otherwise use dried. It's especially nice in the colder months.

Coconut milk (can use dairy milk, bone broth, or water), turmeric, ginger (always fresh), cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne, local honey - blend it up and then heat it up.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I buy a pound of fresh turmeric a couple times a year and eat it like carrots. Doesn't taste very good but seems like a good idea.

Attachments

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I make capsules. I mix, in equal parts, powdered turmeric, ginger, Ashwaghanda and cinnamon and eighth parts cayenne pepper and black pepper, then fill 000 capsules. I take one or two a day. This makes for a very hot supplement and I have to take it in the middle of a meal, or it "blows up" in my stomach and rises up in my esophegus. But, my knees have never felt better. Four or five years ago, I was limping around like old Walter Brennan in Rio Bravo, Stumpy they called him in that movie. He was funny, but I hurt like hell. Now I don't, since I started taking the spice caps. I want to add that the pain went away after I started taking the turmeric. I started adding in the other spices, later on, after reading about the positive health benefits of all that stuff.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
That is my big problem, my knee. Been taking turmeric for years. Hasn't stopped knee trouble. Might try some of your mixture.
Try liquid calcium with manganese to help the asorbition , add some shark cartilage, been taking this for several months for bad back issues seems to be helping

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That is my big problem, my knee. Been taking turmeric for years. Hasn't stopped knee trouble. Might try some of your mixture.
Beef bone marrow is the best thing for knees. images.jpg

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Try MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) for joint and other related issues. Also search for borax, boron.

Golden Regards
Uncle

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Beef bone marrow is the best thing for knees. View attachment 116393
When I was a kid the women folk in the family would soak their finger nails in gelatin on the weekend, and have a "Jell-O"product during meals three - four times a week.
The claim was gelatin helped make nails stronger.
Dr. Joel Wallach and Pharmacist Ben Fuchs ( Late night alternative medication speakers) discuss the use of all FOUR: Glucosamine, Condroitin, MSM and Gelatin for joint issues.

FYI - Dr. Joel Wallach will be on C2CAM Tuesday Morning 11-20-2018

If interested check out : youngevity.com
OR
criticalhealthnews.com

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Mango ginger, asoefetida, tamarind, boswellia, gotu kola, Ceylon cinnamon oil,
Antioxidant cardamom seeds
Kalonji oil
DYODD

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I was using this for my "Brain Funk" / malaise after a doc put me on a Lipitor knock-off due to high cholesterol. I quit the drug after 10 days on it, and started the Curcumin & Turmeric as a self treatment. The Curcumin & Turmeric got me feeling my old self in about 10 days of the daily serving size of one 400mg/50mg capsule.
Since my odyssey his past Summer I have reverted back to my modified Atkins Diet and I try to limit Carbs to 29 not counting fiber and alcohol-sweetener carbs ( but minimizing those alcohol sweeteners as much as possible). Lost 60 Lbs in doing this.
After reading this I am amping up my intake of Curcumin & Turmeric to Three Times a Day.
and
See what happens.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Eat at lot of Asian stir fry. Load it up with curry (turmeric), fresh ground black pepper, ginger and hot peppers. Doesn't get much better than that, not to mention all the veggies you can put in there. No oil needed,

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was using this for my "Brain Funk" / malaise after a doc put me on a Lipitor knock-off due to high cholesterol. I quit the drug after 10 days on it, and started the Curcumin & Turmeric as a self treatment. The Curcumin & Turmeric got me feeling my old self in about 10 days of the daily serving size of one 400mg/50mg capsule.
Since my odyssey his past Summer I have reverted back to my modified Atkins Diet and I try to limit Carbs to 29 not counting fiber and alcohol-sweetener carbs ( but minimizing those alcohol sweeteners as much as possible). Lost 60 Lbs in doing this.
After reading this I am amping up my intake of Curcumin & Turmeric to Three Times a Day.
and
See what happens.
Speaking of alcohol sweeteners... I have been using the sugar-free powder stuff that makes a 1/2 gallon per...much better than using fruit juices or sweetened drinks to mix with.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I've heard so many health heads of the radio say a small amount Back Pepper kicks up the effectiveness of Turmeric/Curcumin. So I use black pepper when I can not find it already combined.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Eat at lot of Asian stir fry. Load it up with curry (turmeric), fresh ground black pepper, ginger and hot peppers. Doesn't get much better than that, not to mention all the veggies you can put in there. No oil needed,
i add a tad of olive oil to mine.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
My diet was an absolute disaster over the Xmas holiday... lots of vistors bringing sugary baked goods on their visits, etc.. My blood pressure normally runs 105 - 118 over 70 - 80... post Xmas holiday it spiked up to the 140 - 150 area... I immediately resumed my plant based diet and began taking 1000 mg oderless garlic soft-gel caps four times daily. BP returned to normal in three days...

We are headed to the drug store today to purchase some turmeric. Gonna give it a try. Post-Op CABG X5, I have developed "thoracic outlet syndrome" as a side effect of cranking my sternum open. Hopefully the turmeric & exercises will reduce the swelling & inflammation caused by the TOS.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Good, I use both ;)

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I also use 1000 mg oderless garlic / 4000 mg per day, morning, noon, dinner & bedtime. The only recognizable negative side effect has been trying to stay warm with the blood thinning effects. Its not nearly as bad as prescription blood thinners.