• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

U.S. officials push for sanctions on China over oil purchases from Iran

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Senior administration officials now agree that China defied U.S. sanctions when it imported more than a million barrels of crude oil from Iran last month. But they are grappling with whether — and how — to hit back, according to three U.S. officials.

The State Department had considered issuing a waiver allowing Chinese companies to receive Iranian oil as payment in kind for their investment in an Iranian oil field, but that idea has been abandoned. China hawks on the National Security Council are now pushing for the U.S. to impose secondary sanctions on Chinese entities, a move that would complicate trade talks between the two countries and further strain the relationship.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/11/us-china-sanctions-iran-oil-1585902

I was waiting for this part. I think the USA overplayed it’s cards here.

mayhem

Since 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Overplayed, indeed. China is moving production to other SE Asian countries, and yesterday I read that they are also moving into Mexico.

I have no idea whose idea it was to play hardball with China, Trump himself or some 'advisor' who knows nothing about China. Either way the usa loses, and Trumps MEGA turns into a complete failure.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Information battlefield deception, IMO.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
When you try and fight everybody at the same time, things get complicated. Iran and China can both thumb their noses at Trump.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So we put sanctions onIran for violating an agreement we pulled out of and we expect the rest of the world to follow suit? What happens when the rest of the world imposes sanctions on the US for war crimes and terrorism sponsored by our own government?

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
When everything becomes a weapon, your competitors will find a way to fight back. Trump backs out or delays on MAGA, but does things by Monday morning when it comes to MIGA.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
It’s all payback for Trump firing Dennis Rodman in season 13 of celebrity apprentice. Rodman is a demi-god in the Far East.

mayhem

Since 2006
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
It’s all payback for Trump firing Dennis Rodman in season 13 of celebrity apprentice. Rodman is a demi-god in the Far East.
Forgot about that... Good point!

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Overplayed, indeed. China is moving production to other SE Asian countries, and yesterday I read that they are also moving into Mexico.

I have no idea whose idea it was to play hardball with China, Trump himself or some 'advisor' who knows nothing about China. Either way the usa loses, and Trumps MEGA turns into a complete failure.
I think you're wrong. Time will tell