• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

UN Environment Agency Warns of Effects of Rising Sand Use

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/05/07/world/europe/ap-eu-un-sand.html

sand?
really?

comments:
Send them to:
U.N.'s environment program
c/o NY

"GENEVA — The U.N.'s environment program is warning about the overuse of sand resources, saying a three-fold increase in demand over the last 20 years amid increasing population, urbanization and building work has contributed to beach erosion, flooding and drought. "

isn't it kinda nice how they included "beach erosion, flooding AND drought" in the sane sentence?

(no, the n is for sarcasm)

These people don't have enough money to spend, it must be nearing 'budget time'

but wait: there's more:

"In a new report launched Tuesday, UNEP urged a re-think about the use of the world's second-most extracted resource, after water, by industry, governments and the public.
UNEP said demand for sand and gravel amounts to 40-50 billion tons every year, and pointed to the need for conservation, recycling and a look for alternatives like sawdust."

i spilled my beer laughing

Sand, Beer and Water
1, 2, 3 for me, why do they have sand as number two? and why do I have water as number three?

idk, gotta go think about this

:dog:

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
sand?
really?

comments:
Send them to:
U.N.'s environment program
c/o NY

"GENEVA — The U.N.'s environment program is warning about the overuse of sand resources, saying a three-fold increase in demand over the last 20 years amid increasing population, urbanization and building work has contributed to beach erosion, flooding and drought. "

" If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there’d be a shortage of sand." -- Milton Friedman

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Global warming & sand = glass ! Ohh dear, what will we do with all that glass ?? :don't    know2:

edit: Get rid of ALL politicians & the world will recover in record time !!!

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I know one thing, the price of sand has skyrocketed over the years. I'm paying $90 a yard, up from $30 10 years ago.

I wish I would have had the foresight to get into aggregates way back.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I know one thing, the price of sand has skyrocketed over the years. I'm paying $90 a yard, up from $30 10 years ago.

I wish I would have had the foresight to get into aggregates way back.
I'll bet some of that $60 difference is going towards;
Increased Taxes, across the board
Increased Costs to move the sand around: fuel, newer trucks/loaders for emissions purposes, higher insurance rates, driver costs, higher taxes
Increased EPA rules / admin rules to follow

Everywhere I look, there's some additional cost affecting the private sector, some additional requirement, some additional tax / fee that is acting like a boat anchor tied to our collective ankles

along with that is monetary inflation still working it's way around

and to think:
if we had HRC, this would now be front page news and it would be used as a deflection away from her latest crime

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I grew up in sand & gravel. Dad's business was "The Sandman"
Dad's REO.jpg