• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Unca's ginsberg death watch thread

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My take on Mikey...
Don't let the jokes and posting style fool ya....this man is intelligent, experienced and level headed. He likes to have fun and joke around. He's in my 'brother' group of members here.

Don't fuck with Big Mike!
View attachment 139427

Ooopps, sorry, wrong picture:

View attachment 139428
that is just like really f'ed up. snorted beer out my nose.....shit now I a doomed to classes..

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
"Generals is not here Man"
View attachment 139425
(Tommy Chong for those who do not recognize him. Of Cheech & Chong fame: UP IN SMOKE.... Sister Mary Discipline...."DAVE".... )
Tommy’s looking his age. Proof the weed doesn’t keep you young.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
why do you pick on the helpless unless you are hapless?
sorry my non-bionary defunck has crashed...again
I'm jus' that way sometimes. I'll work on it.....tomorrow.....maybe. :secret:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
1566681737993.png

That face can make a train take a dirt road.
(CAN't find the post to credit the member who originally posted the image. BUT THANX)gb

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Tommy’s looking his age. Proof the weed doesn’t keep you young.
I'll bet that tommy is alot better off for his relationship with weed, physically, mentally, spiritually then if he had not used it most of his life. Economically, it was his life.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I'll bet that tommy is alot better off for his relationship with weed, physically, mentally, spiritually then if he had not used it most of his life. Economically, it was his life.
IDK - Tommy was to be the voice of the head hyena in the cartoon The Lion King. Tommy had taken his family to Disney Land but "SECURITY" made him turn his T-shirt supporting marijuana inside out while in the park.
He dropped the part and has never done a Disney Production since.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I don't care about Disney just the serious amount of coin Tommy lost out on.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Unca Walt's New Betcha: PRIOR to Christmas.
Alright. We have a prognostication...

Who wants the under?

Who wants to over?

Step right up and place your bets...

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Quoted by Colonel Walter E. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now (One of my all-time favorite movies and based upon the book Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad, one of my favorite books).

I try to live my life by the words of Rudyard Kipling's "IF":

...If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise: .....

... If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:...

... If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son! "

When these fail blow their shit away. Take as many of "THEM" out before "THEY" take you out. JMO / YMMV
As for the Notorious RBG and her imminent demise:

Do we have spreadsheet or list with the predictions?

I want to get in on the action, but I want my own square in the pool.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
darn we should have done this sooner....well no time like the present. What was that called? I think it was called the death pool and it was a betting thig by sumnabitches that could afford it.

Yes I remember reading about it and it was supposed to be all hush hush BUT there were glimpse's like a fart in a crowd, you knew it was happening but just could not put your finger on it conspiracy stuff. Red Switch? hell I guess I forgot. I know it was red something though.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Maybe not out the woods so quickly with this last treatment.

"Siegel, a doctor and professor of medicine who provides medical analysis for Fox, noted that the type of radiation Ginsburg received recently is a new and especially intense form of treatment. "It's having some very promising results, though it has more side-effects," he said.

Ginsburg likely received that type of radiation because an operation was too difficult, Siegel said."

Sounds more like last ditch trial effort. There most likely won't be a second option for treatment if this doesn't work since if radiation doesn't work you have cooked things and will have run out of options unlike surgery or chemo etc.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
darn we should have done this sooner....well no time like the present. What was that called? I think it was called the death pool and it was a betting thig by sumnabitches that could afford it.

Yes I remember reading about it and it was supposed to be all hush hush BUT there were glimpse's like a fart in a crowd, you knew it was happening but just could not put your finger on it conspiracy stuff. Red Switch? hell I guess I forgot. I know it was red something though.
Are you thinking about that Clint Eastwood movie, ‘The Dead Pool?’ That was a good one. Everybody was running around with a list of people they thought had the most chance of ending up dead first, or dead that year. Johnny Squares ended up dead in his rock and roll trailer and Dirty Harry was sent to the scene, to figure it all out. Love Dirty Harry movies. Got the whole set.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Maybe not out the woods so quickly with this last treatment.

"Siegel, a doctor and professor of medicine who provides medical analysis for Fox, noted that the type of radiation Ginsburg received recently is a new and especially intense form of treatment. "It's having some very promising results, though it has more side-effects," he said.

Ginsburg likely received that type of radiation because an operation was too difficult, Siegel said."

Sounds more like last ditch trial effort. There most likely won't be a second option for treatment if this doesn't work since if radiation doesn't work you have cooked things and will have run out of options unlike surgery or chemo etc.
Wouldnt it be ironic if an unanticipated consequence of Trump getting "Right to Try" passed was that RBG lived another 10 years?

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This "pool" we we talking about is it "when" she dies or when they "tell us" she dies?

Face it they can hide it for a few months to help position themselves long after she is room temp and still making "decisions" on the bench.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Wouldnt it be ironic if an unanticipated consequence of Trump getting "Right to Try" passed was that RBG lived another 10 years?
What’s right to try?

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Are you thinking about that Clint Eastwood movie, ‘The Dead Pool?’ That was a good one. Everybody was running around with a list of people they thought had the most chance of ending up dead first, or dead that year. Johnny Squares ended up dead in his rock and roll trailer and Dirty Harry was sent to the scene, to figure it all out. Love Dirty Harry movies. Got the whole set.
It was sometning I used to read @ abeldanger which was why one needed a decoder ring. I think it was caked red switch. hell never ever should have smoked pot.....stupid short term vs long term memory. Yeah I can't remember the red thing because it is in the memory banks of short term but I sure pulled the dead pool shit out of the long term, yeah and I kind of remember the movie also.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Right to try anything you'd like, to simply stay alive...new medical procedures, new drugs, etc...
Gotcha.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What’s right to try?
They passed a law that allows people with terminal conditions to try experimental medicines/treatments by simply signing a waiver that indemnifies the doctors/pharmaceutical companies from any liabilities that may result from said "treatments"...

In layman's terms - they made it legal for Big Pharma to use humans as guinea pigs in their experiments. Some of those will work out well...others not so much...

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
In layman's terms - they made it legal for Big Pharma to use humans as guinea pigs in their experiments.
Better yet, she is a .gov employee and they can bill her insurer whatever they want!

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My take on Mikey...
Don't let the jokes and posting style fool ya....this man is intelligent, experienced and level headed. He likes to have fun and joke around. He's in my 'brother' group of members here.

Don't fuck with Big Mike!
View attachment 139427

Ooopps, sorry, wrong picture:

View attachment 139428
Is it possible that he/she is sporting a strap on...looks like something going around back? Benefit of the doubt kind of thing.

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Alright. We have a prognostication...

Who wants the under?

Who wants to over?

Step right up and place your bets...
Walt is calling Christmas, so I'll take the over.
As for the Notorious RBG and her imminent demise:

Do we have spreadsheet or list with the predictions?

Yeah, I'll take a square also.

Also I watched a interview, (PBS I think) with Thomas and his wife back before the 2016 elections. He stated that he wanted to retire and do some traveling w/his wife. Then Scalia was murdered and he held off. Then another, forgot his name that submitted his retirement. Now Thomas is in a box. He will no doubt stay through 2020, but after that who knows.

For sure there will be some black mud flying when RGB dies. What a mess this country is in.

About RGB's radiation treatment. The device is called the Cybre-Knife. It can pinpoint rads right to the cancer, no scatter, but it does destroy the tissue it needs to penetrate to the cancer.

But cancer has a life of its own. I underwent that treatment for a spot of cancer on my left lung a couple of years ago. I can't be operated on because of many reasons, so Cybre-Knife was the only option. The follow up looked real good and I didn't start having problems until last month. A CT Scan showed a large mass in the lower portion on the left lung. Rather than going through the process again, (It wasn't very much fun) the Doc at my request in treating me with a super antibiotic that will probably kill me anyway. But this was the road I chose. I have no fear or anxiety about dying. My Lord created me, and he can press the recall button anytime he chooses.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
is it not true that the precedent has now been set, and if they keep rbg on ice until after nov, they then are in the last year of a presidency and the choice waits until after the election?

sure it is not carved in stone, but nonetheless, surely we can all hear the wailing prior to that time

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
is it not true that the precedent has now been set, and if they keep rbg on ice until after nov, they then are in the last year of a presidency and the choice waits until after the election?

sure it is not carved in stone, but nonetheless, surely we can all hear the wailing prior to that time
Agreed, I thought that was a really dumb move by McConnell. Payback is a bitch.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Agreed, I thought that was a really dumb move by McConnell. Payback is a bitch.
Short memory...

Dont forget they tried to pack the court by offing Scalia so Obama could get Garland in his seat...McConnell blocked that from happening...