• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Unca's ginsberg death watch thread

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Snopes is so worthless
You are just now figuring that out ?
Leftist Liberals running a Fact Verification site. What would you expect ?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
When they finally open her up, it'll look like this. (Couldn't find an English-language version. I think they've pulled them down for copyright issues.)

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
He said Ruth badder Ginsberg.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Maybe I am living in an alternate universe, but I swear I heard RBG was taken to the hospital again, about or within four days ago. I was doing something else and a live stream video was playing and they interrupted to say that, and then I heard it a short time later on the radio. Then nothing. Had some time a day or so later and looked for what happened, could only find the previous hospitalization. Anybody know anything about this?
Or was it all a dream?

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm "badder" she's "deader".

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One of my heroes is Douglas Bader. "Bodder" is the correct pronunciation.

The jackwagon with the dull voice, however, is impossible to bear.
war-stories.jpg

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I love that story. It is true.

His fighter collided with a Bf-109. Since one of his legs had been severed above the knee, coming down in a parachute on his "tin leg" would be very much like landing on a fence post. But the collision caused that leg to be stuck in the falling plane.

The strap holding his leg broke after a long, plunging struggle. He bailed out, and another Bf-109 came by. The German pilot saw the empty pant leg flapping up, and figured that the Brit in front of him was a dead man and left him alone.

He was taken to a hospital, where he escaped from the second floor. A Frog turned him in to the Krauts.

He was sent to Colditz Castle (I have been there... in awe...) where only POW's who had escaped from other Stalags were sent. It turns out his tin legs (the Germans returned them -- repaired) were great hiding places for contraband.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
HAH... It looks like I answered you SoG... But I'd already typed out the whole note above.

Another background story: The radio transmissions of the RAF fighter pilots over England in the BoB were broadcast in the War Room where the maps were continually updated by the WRENs. Douglas Bader was famous for the "salty" commentary he cut loose with.

The ladies often were seen either blushing or snickering.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
SOMEWHERE I have a photo taken of Bader in a Bf-109 cockpit with a couple of Luftwaffe pilots showing him the ropes.

There are two stories connected to that photo (besides and in addition to the obvious mutual respect demonstrated):

1. At the moment that photo was taken, Bader was very seriously considering pushing the near guy into the other guy, slamming the cockpit closed and stealing the fargin plane!

2. Douglas Bader saw the photo after the war, and was glad he had decided not to do Choice Number 1. Because in the picture, there is another Luftwaffe pilot with his Luger pointed at the back of Bader's head!

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I love that story. It is true.

His fighter collided with a Bf-109. Since one of his legs had been severed above the knee, coming down in a parachute on his "tin leg" would be very much like landing on a fence post. But the collision caused that leg to be stuck in the falling plane.

The strap holding his leg broke after a long, plunging struggle. He bailed out, and another Bf-109 came by. The German pilot saw the empty pant leg flapping up, and figured that the Brit in front of him was a dead man and left him alone.

He was taken to a hospital, where he escaped from the second floor. A Frog turned him in to the Krauts.

He was sent to Colditz Castle (I have been there... in awe...) where only POW's who had escaped from other Stalags were sent. It turns out his tin legs (the Germans returned them -- repaired) were great hiding places for contraband.
HAH... It looks like I answered you SoG... But I'd already typed out the whole note above.

Another background story: The radio transmissions of the RAF fighter pilots over England in the BoB were broadcast in the War Room where the maps were continually updated by the WRENs. Douglas Bader was famous for the "salty" commentary he cut loose with.

The ladies often were seen either blushing or snickering.
SOMEWHERE I have a photo taken of Bader in a Bf-109 cockpit with a couple of Luftwaffe pilots showing him the ropes.

There are two stories connected to that photo (besides and in addition to the obvious mutual respect demonstrated):

1. At the moment that photo was taken, Bader was very seriously considering pushing the near guy into the other guy, slamming the cockpit closed and stealing the fargin plane!

2. Douglas Bader saw the photo after the war, and was glad he had decided not to do Choice Number 1. Because in the picture, there is another Luftwaffe pilot with his Luger pointed at the back of Bader's head!
Thanks, Unc. Sometimes reality is better than anything you could have imagined. He musta been a really neat guy.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I actually cut his POW story short. The Krauts got so damned pissed off at him -- they moved him to about four different Stalags after catching him escaping from them -- and after he had been AWOL for about five days from the next-to-last Stalag, the Kraut commander threatened to confiscate his legs!

But the OKW said that would be too damn' embarrassing.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There has to be something about agitation..... Old friend that passed away long ago was big on doing things that festered in other people long after most had forgotten the matter. Escaping with no legs from a German camp must have been a huge black eye.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There has to be something about agitation..... Old friend that passed away long ago was big on doing things that festered in other people long after most had forgotten the matter. Escaping with no legs from a German camp must have been a huge black eye.
One time, he escaped by blending in with an impressed-labor work group. The word got out from the Stalag that Bader had escaped once again, and they should check their charges.

So one Kraut guard is checking, and sees Bader. Walks up to him and says, "stand at attention". Bader gave him the 2-finger Good Luck symbol, so the Kraut guard smashed him Mauser rifle stock down on his foot.

Bader just grinned at the Kraut, infuriating him. He hit the other foot with the rifle stock, and the Kraut officer came over to the guard and said, "Stop making a complete ass of yourself! This officer has no legs!"

Bader grinned even wider and said, "I do too have legs! They just don't go all the way to the ground!"

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Anyone who watches the above old video will completely understand why he is my hero.

I've been in situations where I've gone from terrified... then thought about POW Bader INSPECTING the ranks of Germans... and I've shifted over to: "Bugger. I can handle this easily."

That program did not tell all of his exploits. My nod to his excellence is having him in my novel, "The Bat and Balloon War -- An Alternate History of WWII". The description of the Oyster Reach where he "held court" in the novel is accurate.

Rank was not noted at the Oyster Reach. Nevertheless, when Bader was there, things were different. In my research for the book, I found that senior officers deferred to him there, and he was idolized by the lower ranks. One quote from one of the originals:

"It was as if there was a spotlight on Douglas no matter where he sat at the Reach. He was always the center of attention."

Folks, you cannot MAKE people react like that unless you are someone of the caliber of Wing Commander Sir Douglas Bader.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The last news I can find on RBG is from the 29th of July 2020.
She must be toast.

the_shootist

Old (not THAT old), but dangerous, pasty white guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Riddle me this Batman...

How can she die if she's already dead?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Maybe Roberts needs the same treatment Scalia got...just sayin'

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
1598930607021.png

Ruth Bader Ginsburg presides over wedding just weeks after hospitalization

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1300572765901250560

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
She must be dead...
She's been dead for years. She lives on through the commie leftists infiltrators in government

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Say what'cha want about her, but I wish Ruth Bader Ginsberg was my neighbor.

Edited to add: not joking either, I seriously wish she was my neighbor.
....and all of you should too.

Last edited: