• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Unruly passengers cause disturbance on 9/11 AA flight to NY

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
This story sucks. It's missing key information. All it says is that fighter jets were scrambled by NORAD after 3 passengers took an extended stay in the bathroom. I wanna know more....

Who were the 3 passengers?
How long were they in the bathroom?
How did they all fit in there?
Why did they all go in together?
How else was their behavior unruly?
If the pilot didn't contact LEO's, how did NORAD know to scramble fighter jets?
Where are the reports from other passengers on the plane?
What consequences are these 3 facing for their behavior?
What order did the pilots of the fighter jets receive?

So many more. See for yourself.....

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/09...nse-moments-aboard-aa-flight-from-lax-to-jfk/

namwalker

Seeker
Seeker
The either had to be midgets or contortionists in order to get three people in a plane's bathroom. There is no way that three normal sized adults could fit even if they were in the mood for a three way. Two people would be hard pressed to do a Bill Clinton in one.

Three people locked in three seperate bathrooms I'd believe but not in one. If so they need to post pictures or a better explanation.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
The either had to be midgets or contortionists in order to get three people in a plane's bathroom. There is no way that three normal sized adults could fit even if they were in the mood for a three way. Two people would be hard pressed to do a Bill Clinton in one.

Three people locked in three seperate bathrooms I'd believe but not in one. If so they need to post pictures or a better explanation.
Honestly that was the least of my concerns. After re-reading the article, it sounds like they were separate bathrooms.

My other questions however, are not addressed.

namwalker

Seeker
Seeker
I flew last 9/11 and everyone then was on edge and worried about traveling. However, stange behavior tends to increase anxiety of anyone.

To answer some of your questions, A pilot does not have to contact LEOs in order to get planes scambled, this can be accomplished via either a panic button in the cockpit, or through communication with their own flight operation personnel. I seem to recall the panic button scenario was discussed and possibly installed after the original 9/11. A pilot pushing that button would get immediate attention from NORAD.

If no laws were broken except for some ruffled nerves, there is nothing that can be done to these passengers except questioning them when they were on the ground. Passengers and flight crews would be interviewed.
Most likely, the news account was taken over the phone by a newsclerk who had no real access to sources. This report has all the earmarks of a hasty news gathering action with no attempt at followup. Typical media hype.

Most likely, the fighter jets would have been ordered to observe and report, with the intention and understanding that further instructions would be given to them on site. A better question is to wonder if the fighter jets were armed or would they be expected to ram the plane like the jets scrambled to intercept flight93 would have had to do as they were unarmed. If they took out the plane over NYC there would have been a heck of a lot of civilian ground injuries in the aftermath.

GodspeedMetals

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This story sucks. It's missing key information. All it says is that fighter jets were scrambled by NORAD after 3 passengers took an extended stay in the bathroom. I wanna know more....
It's missing key info because it didn't happen (at least the drama they reported).

...3 passengers took an extended stay in the bathroom. I wanna know more...

BREAKING: The "Mile High Club" has just been designated as a domestic terrorist group.

:flute:

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
I flew last 9/11 and everyone then was on edge and worried about traveling. However, stange behavior tends to increase anxiety of anyone.
Brings up an interesting question...is it now cheaper to fly on 9/11?

namwalker said:
To answer some of your questions, A pilot does not have to contact LEOs in order to get planes scambled, this can be accomplished via either a panic button in the cockpit, or through communication with their own flight operation personnel. I seem to recall the panic button scenario was discussed and possibly installed after the original 9/11. A pilot pushing that button would get immediate attention from NORAD.
Maybe I missed that in the article. Did the pilot push the button? I thought I remember him saying that his staff had everything under control. I assumed pushing that button was the same as "reaching out" to LEO's.

namwalker said:
If no laws were broken except for some ruffled nerves, there is nothing that can be done to these passengers except questioning them when they were on the ground. Passengers and flight crews would be interviewed.
Most likely, the news account was taken over the phone by a newsclerk who had no real access to sources. This report has all the earmarks of a hasty news gathering action with no attempt at followup. Typical media hype.
I agree. It's a mix of media hype (looking for a 9/11 story) and edgy passengers expecting a repeat of 9/11. But I'm surprised that the people who caused the disruption would be able to just walk away without consequence. I mean, I don't know exactly what happened but if it was bad enough for NORAD to have to scramble two F-16's, I would think somebody was gonna get in some sort of trouble. I mean, the TSA can throw you on a no fly list for saying the wrong words but if NORAD has to dispatch two fighter jets to tail your plane because of your "unruly behavior", there are no consequences?

namwalker said:
Most likely, the fighter jets would have been ordered to observe and report, with the intention and understanding that further instructions would be given to them on site. A better question is to wonder if the fighter jets were armed or would they be expected to ram the plane like the jets scrambled to intercept flight93 would have had to do as they were unarmed. If they took out the plane over NYC there would have been a heck of a lot of civilian ground injuries in the aftermath.
Yes, that's more or less what I had in mind. I just assumed they were armed. I was wondering what their contingency plan was. Obviously more lives than just those on the plane would have to be considered. The ground is heavily populated as well. Taking it further, even IF it turns out they knew with 99% certainty that the plane was going to be use to target a building, what do you do then? Shoot it down over the most densely populted staet in the country (NJ)? Tough decsion to make.

namwalker

Seeker
Seeker
How can you criminalize going to the bathroom multiple times? Because that's what the person is going to say. If you've ever had the trots on an airplane you'll understand. If it is not illegal and people get nervous - sorry about that. I've been on flights where a confused woman was wandering up and down the aisle looking for something - unnerving yes - illegal no unless she goes not go back to her seat after repeated warnings. How about a couple arguing loudly, or a baby crying. The most that can happen about a supscious (spelling) activity is to be questioned afterwards to determine if anything was criminal. I believe that the article mentioned that an air marshal was on board the flight. If something was criminal I'm sure that he would have id'd himself and took command of the situation.

So basically it's no harm no foul and a do over. As a policeman would say, move along folks there's nothing to see here.

PS: one thing that you would have to keep in mind, you would need an armed plane on the ground with a pilot on board and a full ground crew on hand to meet any emergency and to have these scene repeated at many location around the county at least 5 times. This is a big country and any military jet responding would have to go trans sonic to meet a threat. Claims for broken windows would have be paid as well as other claims from concerned citizens. I remember an article in a Az newspaper from a concerned citizen over the noise from a fly over to honor the death of an soldier killed in Iraq, think about two jets scrambling to intercept a passenger plane.

Last edited:

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
How can you criminalize going to the bathroom multiple times? Because that's what the person is going to say. If you've ever had the trots on an airplane you'll understand. If it is not illegal and people get nervous - sorry about that. I've been on flights where a confused woman was wandering up and down the aisle looking for something - unnerving yes - illegal no unless she goes not go back to her seat after repeated warnings. How about a couple arguing loudly, or a baby crying. The most that can happen about a supscious (spelling) activity is to be questioned afterwards to determine if anything was criminal. I believe that the article mentioned that an air marshal was on board the flight. If something was criminal I'm sure that he would have id'd himself and took command of the situation.

So basically it's no harm no foul and a do over. As a policeman would say, move along folks there's nothing to see here.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. You can't criminalize multiple or lengthy trips to the bathroom. NORAD also shouldn't dispatch fighter jets. That's why I said the story sucks. It doesn't make any sense. There is obviously missing information.

namwalker said:
PS: one thing that you would have to keep in mind, you would need an armed plane on the ground with a pilot on board and a full ground crew on hand to meet any emergency and to have these scene repeated at many location around the county at least 5 times. This is a big country and any military jet responding would have to go trans sonic to meet a threat. Claims for broken windows would have be paid as well as other claims from concerned citizens. I remember an article in a Az newspaper from a concerned citizen over the noise from a fly over to honor the death of an soldier killed in Iraq, think about two jets scrambling to intercept a passenger plane.
I hear ya.

Goldfinger

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Okay, let me get this straight. They scrambled fighter jets because someone decided to have a threesome in the lav?

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Okay, let me get this straight. They scrambled fighter jets because someone decided to have a threesome in the lav?
I think there's more to it. One of them must have been underage...

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode

would 3 wtc towers of free falled if only one plane hit one tower ? hummm

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
2 fighter Jets for a "lavatory incident" of no consequence (no charges were filed).

No jets scrambled on 911 for 4 hijacked airliners...

Hype, fear-mongering or the anniversary, and nothing more.

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
No jets scrambled on 911 for 4 hijacked airliners....
They only implemented the policy of scrambling F-16s for hi-jacked planes after 9/11
/sarcasm

Malus

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling

Who were the 3 passengers?
How long were they in the bathroom?
How did they all fit in there?
Why did they all go in together?
How else was their behavior unruly?
If the pilot didn't contact LEO's, how did NORAD know to scramble fighter jets?
Where are the reports from other passengers on the plane?
What consequences are these 3 facing for their behavior?
What order did the pilots of the fighter jets receive?

So many more. See for yourself.....

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/09...nse-moments-aboard-aa-flight-from-lax-to-jfk/
To bad you don't ask this many questions concerning the actual events of 9/11/01. I guess its more important to you and other inquiring minds what 3 people do in a sh*tter on a plane........

I wanna know more......

What did lying Larry mean when he said "pull it"? fourth time
How do steel/concrete buildings defy physics and collapse like a controlled demolitions?
How does military grade nano thermite end up in different location samples of world trade dust?
How does such a big plane make such a small hole in the Pentagon (flown by air school dropout)?
How do dead terrorists show up alive and well on TV?
How come Bush couldn't speak for himself, on record about what he knew on 9/11 without bareback Cheney with him, holding his hand? All off the record of course
How come no one has been prosecuted for insider trading on those pesky put options?
Why wasn't the site tested for explosives (amateur is a compliment for this retarded act)?
Why was the evidence packed up and shipped overseas for destruction. Direct violation of the federal crime scenes act?
Why did Bush wait 441 days to start the investigation? (Pearl Harbor, space shuttle, JFK investigations were all started in about a week)
Why has no credible video been shown of a plane hitting the Pentagon?
Why are credible professionals and average people being marginalized by government and MSM for asking legitimate questions?

Your inquisitive mind should have been ringing bells over these obvious violations of the "vague" act. I'm willing to settle for just the lying Larry answer at the moment.......

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I too noticed the very different approach at gathering information JP took with this "story". Oh well, I guess we all pick and choose our battles. :rolleyes:

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode

personally I miss the sonic booms . : (

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
To bad you don't ask this many questions concerning the actual events of 9/11/01. I guess its more important to you and other inquiring minds what 3 people do in a sh*tter on a plane........

I wanna know more......

What did lying Larry mean when he said "pull it"? fourth time
How do steel/concrete buildings defy physics and collapse like a controlled demolitions?
How does military grade nano thermite end up in different location samples of world trade dust?
How does such a big plane make such a small hole in the Pentagon (flown by air school dropout)?
How do dead terrorists show up alive and well on TV?
How come Bush couldn't speak for himself, on record about what he knew on 9/11 without bareback Cheney with him, holding his hand? All off the record of course
How come no one has been prosecuted for insider trading on those pesky put options?
Why wasn't the site tested for explosives (amateur is a compliment for this retarded act)?
Why was the evidence packed up and shipped overseas for destruction. Direct violation of the federal crime scenes act?
Why did Bush wait 441 days to start the investigation? (Pearl Harbor, space shuttle, JFK investigations were all started in about a week)
Why has no credible video been shown of a plane hitting the Pentagon?
Why are credible professionals and average people being marginalized by government and MSM for asking legitimate questions?

Your inquisitive mind should have been ringing bells over these obvious violations of the "vague" act. I'm willing to settle for just the lying Larry answer at the moment.......
devide & concour mass confussion.

namwalker

Seeker
Seeker
I believe that during the Nat Geo interview with Bush he either said or it was implied that he had ordered FLT93 to be intercepted. There was a interview somewhere with the crewmembers of that interception flight by AF jets (one was a woman) who said that they had no armament was were prepared to ram the plane should it become necessary. Think about the implications of that if you will.

A tampa Fl newstation had an interview last week with Adam Putnam (rep from Polk County) who was in AF1 who made a lot of points about the day. All told all interviews were interesting and enlightening regardless of the political side you were on. The security of AF1 was thought compromised.

Rumors were rampant all across the country and particularily in Pinellas country were law enforcement was chasing phantom threats all over the county (Bush was south of here in Sarasota County). All told it was not an easy day anywhere in the country.

It was a dark day all across the US.

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling
A significant portion of Americans have irritable bowels syndrome and or Crohn's disease. These people really suffer and going out in public can be hard for them...That means frequent bathroom trips. I suppose what this debacle has done is make these poor people realize they are better off just pooping in their seats then going to the bathroom more then once a flight. In fact I think the IBS support group should have a poop in your airline seat day declared. Its no more degrading then what the Government is doing to airline passengers and it would make a nice social statement. :biggrin:

brosil

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

BREAKING: The "Mile High Club" has just been designated as a domestic terrorist group.

:flute:
I would risk arrest to tangle with that woman!!~ :love30: