• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Update On Brittney Griner

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"Star" is part of the problem...

WNBA Star Brittney Griner Is A ‘Political Prisoner,’ Says Expert​

Photo of Carmine Sabia
Carmine Sabia
March 24, 2022

WNBA star Brittney Griner is still in Russian custody and has been since February, after Russian Federal Customs Service officials found, vape cartridges containing hashish oil when they searched her luggage at an airport near Moscow.

Russian authorities have since extended her detention for a minimum of two months, Russian state news said last week.

“What we’re being told is that she was returning from a FIBA basketball tournament, a qualifier for the World Cup, back into Moscow,” Chief Legal Analyst for Esquire Digital Aron Solomon said to The Daily Wire. “The season had already begun. So, we should believe that to be true. Supposedly, she had vape pens with, as you said, quote-unquote ‘hashish oil.’”

“And the charges are of the amount that it would be a trafficable amount, which is why we’re talking about 10 years and plus potentially in prison,” Solomon said.

“Now, I personally will tell you that there have been American athletes who’ve been playing for many years in places like Russia — and after playing for seven years like Brittney Griner has, who knows what she had in her possession that she might’ve thought was [an] extremely minor thing? And we’re not talking about trafficable amounts of stuff. So, I think that in this part of the story, as it plays out, we may find out that there are some grains of truth in the story that’s being weaved from Russia, that she might’ve had some kind of device for her own personal use. But that’s what we’re being told right now,” Solomon added.

She was detained before Russia invaded Ukraine but since the United States has been assisting Ukraine in the war it is unlikely that Griner is going to get a fair trial.

“Something that is very important for us in the United States to kind of keep our eyes and ears on is the fact that as we’ve seen over the past few weeks, Russia’s not a democracy,” the analyst said.

Solomon added: “And the rule of law that we often take for granted in the United States doesn’t exist in Russia. So, when people ask me all the time about this case to make predictions — predictions as to whether she’s really going to get in front of a judge now on May 19th, predictions as to when Brittney Griner is going to get out of detainment — it’s impossible to make because it’s based entirely on something that is anti-legal, which is caprice, which is the government’s desire to do whatever they want when they want.”

No one from the United States government has been given access to her until Wednesday when U.S. State Department spokesman Ned Price said to CNN that an official from the U.S. embassy was “granted consular access to Brittney Griner.”

“Within the past couple hours, an official from our embassy has been granted consular access to Brittney Griner,” he said. “We were able to check on her condition. We will continue to work very closely with her legal team, with her broader network to see to it that she is treated fairly. That is a message that we will continue to convey in no uncertain terms to the Russian Federation.”

He said that the WNBA star was in “good condition.”

“I’m going to guess that physically, she’s reasonably safe,” Solomon said to The Daily Wire. “I’m not talking about emotionally or spiritually, but physically. The reason being is because I feel that there’s a couple things going on here — which I know we’ll get into soon — but she is clearly a very valuable person right now for the Russian government, and they’re not going to let anything happen to her in detention, in my opinion. That would go against everything that they seem to be doing. So, I’m sure that she’s being offered reasonably good food and there’s reasonable physical safety. I hope she’s able to get a little bit of exercise.”

“I would feel reasonably confident that she’s physically, probably okay,” he said.

But now the issue becomes how does she get back home safely.

“The best way for us to think about it is at this point, she’s a political prisoner,” he said. “Now, you might say that she’s also a legal prisoner, but the thing is, we don’t even know the depth of what the charges are. What we’ve been told in North America is, a couple of days ago, that the Russian court extended her detention to May 19th. And I believe that that’s a very fungible, a very sliding date. I would be shocked if on May 19th, you’ve got consular access, you’ve got Brittney Griner being represented by American lawyers who work with a Russian law firm, or Russian lawyers who work with an American firm. I think this will play out as long as it makes sense for Russia to play it out, given their aggression in Ukraine.”

“I think that while Russia really sees her as being somebody great to take as a political prisoner, the reality is this is indicative of how a lot of people in the United States see women’s sport,” he said. “And of course, people might be thinking, ‘Why was Brittney Griner in Russia in the first place?’”

“It’s because she can’t earn the kind of living in the WNBA that our athletes should want to live,” he said. “And there’s one great quote from about five years ago from Diana Taurasi, who’s actually a teammate of Brittney Griner’s for UMMC Ekaterinburg. She said … ‘We had to go to a communist country to get paid like capitalists.’ Which is so backward to everything that was in the history books in sixth grade.”

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If it was interesting to watch the advertisers would pay more for ad time and you'd get paid more...but its boring watching dykes play and see all the lesbos in the stands...sorry, calls em as I sees em...

As far as the drug woman in chains...you are under their laws, their system...know the laws before you bring your drugs in.
Cant do the time, dont do the crime...and thats a fact, Jack!

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
“It’s because she can’t earn the kind of living in the WNBA that our athletes should want to live,” he said. “And there’s one great quote from about five years ago from Diana Taurasi, who’s actually a teammate of Brittney Griner’s for UMMC Ekaterinburg. She said … ‘We had to go to a communist country to get paid like capitalists.’ Which is so backward to everything that was in the history books in sixth grade.”

I thought the leftists hated capitalism.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If she wasn't playing basketball she would be just another thug selling dime bags on a street corner.

like many talentless hacks in basketball -- famous for being tall, nothing else

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
“It’s because she can’t earn the kind of living in the WNBA that our athletes should want to live,”
I don't watch men's basketball, why would I watch women's BB?

I don't watch women's golf... it' boring as fudge... If your sport doesn't bring in the eyeballs... the money from sponsors reduces accordingly.

Just because you can toss a ball into a basket doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money....

You have to have the fans, i.e., EYEBALLS....

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Just because you can toss a ball into a basket doesn't mean it's worth a lot of money....

I’d bet a roll of silver that we could put together a team of GIM forum posters that could beat them.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
funny173.jpg

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
fuk amireka.....and pleez save me amireka

Brittney Griner pleads guilty to drug charges, faces up to 10 years in jail​

1657231378017.png

1657231435680.png

Attachments

• 1657231407108.png
    1657231407108.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 7

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
this girl is laughing her ass off. griner sucker punched her in a college game

1657237092608.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Brittney Griner pleads guilty to drug charges, faces up to 10 years in jail
Bet she learns an important lesson about the rule of law and what makes the US a great nation... FOLLOWING it.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Bet she learns an important lesson about the rule of law and what makes the US a great nation... FOLLOWING it.
funny that weed is also illegal in US

Federal Laws: Marijuana Possession Crimes and Penalties​

A prosecution under federal law for marijuana possession is serious. It can result in incarceration, fines, civil penalties, and denial of federal benefits. Federal drug laws classify marijuana as a Schedule I drug (the highest classification). Simple possession starts as a misdemeanor but quickly jumps to a felony offense.

Misdemeanor. A first marijuana possession offense—of any measurable amount—carries misdemeanor penalties of up to one year's imprisonment and a minimum $1,000 fine.

Felony offenses. The penalty increases to a felony for a second possession offense, punishable by a minimum $2,500 fine and 15 days to two years' imprisonment. A third offense doubles the minimum fine amount to $5,000 and increases the possible time behind bars to a minimum of 90 days and a maximum of three years. If someone possesses marijuana in order to sell it or for other criminal reasons, the penalties become much harsher—including possible mandatory prison time and forfeiture of property or money.

Disqualifications. On top of criminal penalties, a federal or state conviction for drug possession makes the individual ineligible for certain federal assistance and benefits programs, such as food assistance and student loans.

Civil penalties. Federal law also authorizes a civil penalty of up to $10,000 for possessing an amount of marijuana for personal use.

Last edited:

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what if it's all choreographed?

biden is a hero for saving her

griner becomes the next kapernick - working for (nyc) as full time and highly compensated agitator

book deal, media job, etc

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That would mean Putin would have to acknowledge Biden... and isn't he banned from Russia?
putin trades the hate moron for the return of his mastermind that the US is holding

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Fuck her and the dildo she rode in on. I never heard of her and didn't even know there was a womens basketball league. From what I have heard she broke the law in Russia. Imagine going to another country and not following the rules they have in place. Oh wait that happens when you enter the US illegally. Imo there are bigger problems in the world than worrying about some no name ball player that decided getting high was more important than just doing her job.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I certainly have no use for her but imagine this:

On July 4th Donald Trump announces he has arranged for her release with Putin, no conditions.
I think Putin would have went for it because he hates Biden with a passion and giving him a black eye would have given Trump and Vlad a good laugh.

The media and democrats would have been seething and showing their ugly true colors. Nancy would have arranged for more hearings or impeachments.

On that note, Biden has no idea whatsoever about (__________Fill in blank) but this time with foreign policy. A head of state doesn't mock and poke a superpower head of state. That is just some kind of dumb. Its not a matter of being wrong or right but in the world order field, friends and enemies are a blurry thing. I'll never forget watching the Iran-Contra hearings when Henry Hyde got up and explained the reasoning behind what Reagan did. From a distance you'd wonder why they would do this but when you understood the details it made great sense.
At least at that time hearings were bipartisan.

Last edited:

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
What scares me most about this controversy is that at sometime in the future, the Russians are gonna give her back!
if they were smart they would put her under contract and extract some of the shekels that (nyc media) is going to shower on it

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
In that sense our leverage is pretty poor.
it's going to be the trade of the century. putin gets some badass(es) in exchange for a violent hate mongering dope smoking bull dyke

gonna rank up there with the louisiana purchase

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
246FB978-D1F4-45CA-934E-D17B0B351E3F.jpeg

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
According to the WNBA, Brittney is a female with an unusual body structure. She is not trans. She is a lesbian and is 6' 9" tall. Okay.

brittany a girl.jpeg

pitw

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't watch men's basketball, why would I watch women's BB?

I don't watch women's golf... it' boring as fudge... If your sport doesn't bring in the eyeballs... the money from sponsors reduces accordingly.

You have to have the fans, i.e., EYEBALLS....

So why isn't women's beach volley ball a bigger draw?

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1657754647404.png

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220713-174035_Sketchbook.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-173653_Sketchbook.jpg
Screenshot_20220713-172910_Sketchbook.jpg

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
trader joe working on that deal --- idiot dyke for russian mastermind

Britney Griner Prisoner exchange rumors surface as trial is adjourned​

According to NBC News, the Russian government isn’t commenting on the possibility of Griner being exchanged for arms dealer Viktor Bout, who is currently serving 25 years in federal prison. However, Maria Zakharova, spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry said “Moscow was ready to work with the U.S. on a possible exchange

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
trader joe working on that deal --- idiot dyke for russian mastermind

Britney Griner Prisoner exchange rumors surface as trial is adjourned​

According to NBC News, the Russian government isn’t commenting on the possibility of Griner being exchanged for arms dealer Viktor Bout, who is currently serving 25 years in federal prison. However, Maria Zakharova, spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry said “Moscow was ready to work with the U.S. on a possible exchange
BS. He's Russia's bitch now.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
BS. He's Russia's bitch now.
If you’re referring to Pedo Joe,
Russia’s bitch, China’s bitch, Saudi Arabia’s bitch, BHO’s bitch, more than likely, George Soros and Klaus Schwab’s bitch, ... Need I go on?