• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Update on Kyle Rittenhouse

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
if he would have not waived his rights, he'd be in front of a judge within 45 days - iirc

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
if he would have not waived his rights, he'd be in front of a judge within 45 days - iirc

Please explain? Not questioning the statement, just haven't paid enough attention to the Rittenhouse story to pick up on the reference to waiving rights or not and a court date. Thanks.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i had to look it up: Sixth Amendment Right to a Speedy Trial and most arrested sign this one away because they're counseled to

lawyers have loved skipping this since longer than i've been around

i'm not a student of the Constitution, but it's there

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
i had to look it up: Sixth Amendment Right to a Speedy Trial and most arrested sign this one away because they're counseled to

lawyers have loved skipping this since longer than i've been around

i'm not a student of the Constitution, but it's there

That crossed my mind. I think the double negative (not waived) confused me.

If he had waived his rights, a liberal judge would have fried him quick for sure.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/11/us/kyle-rittenhouse-bail-hearing/index.html

Judge in Kyle Rittenhouse case denies motions for new arrest warrant, increased bond
By Steve Almasy, Omar Jimenez and Dakin Andone, CNN

Updated 5:09 PM ET, Thu February 11, 2021

Kyle Rittenhouse is living in a "safe house," according to his former attorney.
(CNN)Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old accused of fatally shooting two men and wounding a third during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last August will remain out on bail, a judge in Wisconsin ruled Thursday.
Prosecutors had asked for an arrest warrant and a bond increase of $200,000 after alleging Rittenhouse had violated the conditions of his bail by failing to update the court of his current address.
Kenosha County Circuit Court Judge Bruce E. Schroeder denied the motions during a virtual hearing on bail conditions.
Schroeder said that Rittenhouse was in violation of not updating his address but it was not a reason to increase bail. He ordered the defense team to give the court the new address. If prosecutors want to pursue information on Rittenhouse's whereabouts they will have to go through the sheriff's office, he said.
"To cut us out of this information is not appropriate," argued Thomas Binger, assistant district attorney for Kenosha County, just before the judge abruptly ended the hearing. "We have never been denied this information in any case I've ever heard of."
Rittenhouse's attorney, Mark Richards, argued his client "is not running, he has not hid." He added that his client has appeared for every hearing as required.
Schroeder said he didn't have the authority to issue an arrest warrant because Rittenhouse didn't violate Wisconsin law while out on bail.
"I understand the concern," Schroeder said. "To issue a warrant now for a defendant who's appeared at every hearing would be breaking the law and I'm not going to do that."
The teen, who has pleaded not guilty to two felony charges of homicide and a felony attempted homicide charge, is out on $2 million bail.

What Kyle Rittenhouse's fate reveals about 'law and order'

Attorneys for Rittenhouse have said threats have forced the teen to find another place to live rather than his listed address.
Attorney John Pierce, who was part of Rittenhouse's defense team until mid-January, earlier signed an affidavit saying that due to the numerous death threats, "arrangements were made for the Rittenhouse family to reside at a 'Safe House' in an unidentified location" once bail was posted.
John Huber, the father of Anthony Huber, who was allegedly shot and killed by Rittenhouse during the Kenosha protests, asked for bail to be increased to $4 million and angrily addressed the defendant.
"From the moment he became a killer he thought he was above the law," Huber said via Zoom on Thursday. "Justice is going to be served for you."
Rittenhouse is accused in the shooting deaths of Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum, and the wounding of Gaige Grosskreutz, on August 25. Rittenhouse's attorneys have maintained he acted in self-defense.
Rittenhouse, who sat next to Richards and wore a mask, "looks forward to litigating these offenses," his attorney said. "We have nothing to fear. The truth will set my client free."

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That crossed my mind. I think the double negative (not waived) confused me.

If he had waived his rights, a liberal judge would have fried him quick for sure.
that's the 'modern think', and i'm beyond beginning to believe that's the wrong direction to take

we don't really have much 'proof' to go on to believe that...mostly because modern lawyers frown on that

and, if it's all available, all pertinent evidence, why give the other side time to make shit up even worse...

the lawyers to charge money for every piece of paperwork, to extend a trial, that makes them money...it's their assistants who do the grunt work anyways

idk, again, i'm still hunting for a proper answer, but i'm Not Sold giving up this Right is a good strategy

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and, if i'm the victim, why can't I get my trial against the perp done fast? it protects the perp and continues to victimize the victims...

there's more, i'm just recalling it, it's not a hot topic for me, just something seems wrong...

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
and, if i'm the victim, why can't I get my trial against the perp done fast? it protects the perp and continues to victimize the victims...

I agree, Buck. How is someone suppose to have a normal life while waiting 9 months for a trial? Legal uncertainly is a major cause of stress. Stress is a major cause of disease. The wait itself is a form of punishment.

Is there some reason why delaying the trial would give him a better outcome? I hope that's the case for Ritttenhouse, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
"violated the conditions of his bail by failing to update the court of his current address."

How could his attorneys have forgotten to do that?
What else did they forget?

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
"violated the conditions of his bail by failing to update the court of his current address."

How could his attorneys have forgotten to do that?
What else did they forget?

There are people who want to kill Kyle.

A safe-house is his only assurance of survival.

Whose side are we on?

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
There are people who want to kill Kyle.

A safe-house is his only assurance of survival.

Whose side are we on?
we gotta ask the courts...

if that's what the complaint read, and the reason is personal security, yet he's still in hot water

...poor guy

Last edited:

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the Norfolk, Virginia police department fired their Lt. William Kelly for his personal $25 to Kyle's defense fund. His private donation came to light only after hackers hacked the donation website to reveal the list of those who had donated.

Shit's getting crazy...

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the Norfolk, Virginia police department fired their Lt. William Kelly for his personal $25 to Kyle's defense fund. His private donation came to light only after hackers hacked the donation website to reveal the list of those who had donated.

Shit's getting crazy...
All this to uncover such a small thing on an individual with the goal of firing that person from their job.
Comrades.....we have arrived at the promised land!!!! The Party has risen from the ashes of the 1980s!!
We're BACK!!!!

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Shit's getting crazy...
There has to be a lawsuit in there somewhere.... for more than $25!

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
that's the 'modern think', and i'm beyond beginning to believe that's the wrong direction to take

we don't really have much 'proof' to go on to believe that...mostly because modern lawyers frown on that

and, if it's all available, all pertinent evidence, why give the other side time to make shit up even worse...

the lawyers to charge money for every piece of paperwork, to extend a trial, that makes them money...it's their assistants who do the grunt work anyways

idk, again, i'm still hunting for a proper answer, but i'm Not Sold giving up this Right is a good strategy
Aggressive Defense - Prosecution has laid charges on the individual challenge those allegation and make them PROVE their charges ASAP. DO NOT Give .gov time to constantly review, improve and walk through their mock-trials going on in their meeting room.
The defendant is not making friends by granting delays. He is tightening his own noose. IMHO

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Shit's getting crazy...
And yet, this is the very reason that I deleted my Twit account, REFUSE to donate to any political cause which others may find offensive (Trump).

The hackers are activist, libtard haters of freedom.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
And yet, this is the very reason that I deleted my Twit account, REFUSE to donate to any political cause which others may find offensive (Trump).

The hackers are activist, libtard haters of freedom.
under the radar....fly under the radar

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

BeefJerky

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At least they were smart enough to get away from that self promoting clown Lin Wood. But yeah, that kid needs to hit the road. He doesn't stand a chance in today's society. I don't think the felon, one whose elbow got shot off, who had a gun pointed at the kids head has even been charged for anything.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Sadly, the above posts may be correct.
He has been charged with curfew violation, also. (With a gun.)
They will almost certainly be able make some charge stick.
There are many laws, and, many vaguely and widely written.

Alton

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Kyle Rittenhouse made 'reasonable' decision to shoot: expert testimony

Hannah Nightingale
The Post Millennial
Wed, 06 Oct 2021 21:37 UTC

Kyle Rittenhouse
At a pretrial hearing on Tuesday, a use-of-force expert stated that Kyle Rittenhouse's actions during the riots in Kenosha, Wisc., in August 2020 were justified. Rittenhouse shot three men during that rioting, two of those men, Joseph Rosenbaum and Anthony Huber, died from their injuries.

Expert John Black testified that video shows Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse before reaching for the defendant's gun, Huber attacking Rittenhouse with his skateboard and attempting to wrestle away the gun, and Gaige Grosskreutz, who was injured, running at Rittenhouse armed with a pistol, according to WQAD 8.

"A citizen in that position, given those indicators, would it be reasonable for them to believe they were about to be assaulted?" Black stated. "I would argue yes."

Black spent hours at the pretrial hearing describing the moments that led to the shootings, offering a preview of the defense team's strategy when the trial begins next month.

On August 25, 2020, then 17-year-old Rittenhouse traveled from Antioch, Illinois to Kenosha to help protect businesses from rioters and arson. This civil unrest came after Kenosha police responded to a call from a woman reporting that her ex, Jacob Blake, had violated a restraining order.

Blake was shot seven times as he was reaching into his car, against police instructions at the time. Blake was paralyzed as a result of his injuries.

The ensuing riots resulted in businesses and property being destroyed. CNN reported on location from those riots, calling the events "fiery but mostly peaceful."

It was reportedly just before midnight, Rittenhouse fatally shot Rosenbaum with an "AR-style semiautomatic rifle" in a used car dealership parking lot." Rittenhouse was then pursued down the street and shot Huber after a confrontation. Grosskreutz was shot seconds after Huber, resulting in an injured arm.

"Prosecutors have charged Rittenhouse with multiple counts, including homicide, attempted homicide and being a minor in possession of a firearm," according to WQAD 8.

Rittenhouse's trial is set to begin on November 1. Defense attorneys are arguing that Rittenhouse fired in self-defense.

Mark Richards, lead attorney for Rittenhouse, is attempting to get Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder to let Black testify at the trial. Schroeder reportedly allowed Black to speak at the Zoom hearing in hopes that would help him make a decision.

Black reportedly testified that he has extensively viewed and studied bystander video from the three shootings.

Black noted that Rosenbaum chased Rittenhouse, threw a plastic bag at him, then attempted to reach for Rittenhouse's rifle.

"Now the firearm is a potential weapon for both parties," Black said. "Now we have a potential wrestling match."

After shooting Rosenbaum, video shows Rittenhouse running down the street. He stumbled at one point, with a man coming out of the crowd to kick Rittenhouse in the face. Black said Rittenhouse fired at that man but missed.

Huber then hit Rittenhouse in the neck with a skateboard before attempting to grab Rittenhouse's rifle. Rittenhouse then shot Huber. Grosskreutz reportedly approached Rittenhouse with his hands raised in an "I surrender" motion, with a handgun in his right hand.

"He backed up before he stepped forward and lowered the pistol. Rittenhouse then shot him in the arm," wrote WQAD 8.

Black stated that Rittenhouse had maintained control of his rifle and didn't just randomly shoot into the crowd with bullets.

Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger argued that Black is an expert in the use of force by police, not civilians.

Binger also questioned whether Rittenhouse would have been justified in using lethal force if he wasn't armed with a gun.

Black told Binger that he has taught civilian self-defense courses and that Binger was presenting a hypothetical situation, but if Rittenhouse hadn't been armed with a gun, Black noted that Rittenhouse may not have been justified in using deadly force.

Schroeder reportedly held off on a decision regarding Black testifying at the trial, waiting to hear a prosecutor's use of force expert at a hearing scheduled for October 25.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I thought it was a lawful defense at the time, and I still do.
Don't bring a skate board to fight an armed individual.
The genetic pool became a little stronger after the incident, and Leftist controlled cities show how stupid the controllers actually are.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, this guy, (18 adult, "retaliation shooting of 5" INSIDE a CLASSROOM) vs Rittenhouse (17 - NOT "adult" - in SELF DEFENSE), was RELEASED on $2500 to a bond-broker within 24 HOURS of his CRIME yesterday.
What's the main "difference" between the 2 "shooters" (aside from "motive")???

low bond school shooter TX.jpg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Meanwhile, this guy, (18 adult, "retaliation shooting of 5" INSIDE a CLASSROOM) vs Rittenhouse (17 - NOT "adult" - in SELF DEFENSE), was RELEASED on $2500 to a bond-broker within 24 HOURS of his CRIME yesterday.
What's the main "difference" between the 2 "shooters" (aside from "motive")???

View attachment 227796
The bondsman got at least $2,500.00 out of the family and a high rate interest loan for the balance.
Innocent man will go free. There is no money value there.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger argued that Black is an expert in the use of force by police, not civilians.
Somebody needs to inform the ADA that police ARE civilians.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score