• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Uploaded a picture

dveaner

Board Elder
Board Elder
gimsquare-2.jpg gimsquare-1.jpg Strange. I just tried uploading multiples -- they worked normally. I still think it could be a cache issue on your system, especially with the weirdness with the old black template that happened. Don't know, and will keep trying to duplicate.

dveaner

Board Elder
Board Elder
gold_nobg128.png This time I tried it and I think I saw what you saw -- it didn't upload. But I tried it a second time and it worked. The lock up part may just be the upload time. I'm using fairly small picture sizes for testing.

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I just tried to add one to a post manually using the {IMG} code and it just didn't stick. Nothing showed at all.

So let's see. Using the button

View attachment 17697

Ahhhhh, so they changed the BBC code for inserting images. Half to remember that.

Now see if it will insert one from my computer.

View attachment 17698

First one is from a web link, second one from my computer. All is well using the GIMblack skin and the img button.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Virtually all of the shots that I've loaded in the past are links to photobucket, using the photobucket formatting. Used to use flickr but that got screwed up. Wonder if flickr works now. Nope...

The shot below is a file on my computer, that's the 1st time that's worked. Below that is a image file direct linked from a web page. That didn't used to work for me either.

As far as I can see, the image attachment issues here are pretty much sorted out.

DSC9010.jpg

wolf-photo.jpg

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
working now,

Dan said I had a caching issue in my computer,

probably from being here way too much,

anyway,

logged out of gim
cleared last 4 hours of browser history,
closed FFox browser

reopened browser
signed into gim,

went in to profile settings for Scorpio,
changed default skin from simple black to gim black,

came back here and tried to add a pic,

used the 'insert image' hot button,

now it is working

Scorp

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
I tried to link a photo from my flickr account but failed (I think). I was just on flickr where it says that the picture I tried to link has received 34 page views from GIM. I don't see it.

In my post above, does anyone see a picture of the top of a statue sticking out of heavy surf?

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I tried to link a photo from my flickr account but failed (I think). I was just on flickr where it says that the picture I tried to link has received 34 page views from GIM. I don't see it.

In my post above, does anyone see a picture of the top of a statue sticking out of heavy surf?
Nope, just the kitty and the dog.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
There is a small icon below the dog that indicates a failed picture. If GIM sends a request for the photo to flickr when the page loads, but then does not show the picture, that could explain why flickr shows a view count even though the photo is not displayed on the page.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
There is a small icon below the dog that indicates a failed picture. If GIM sends a request for the photo to flickr when the page loads, but then does not show the picture, that could explain why flickr shows a view count even though the photo is not displayed on the page.
Interesting. I'm using Firefox and I don't see the box you are talking about, but I do understand what it is that you are referencing.

Tom, I don't have a Flicker account so I have no help for you.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
Here is an update. I did a right click on the failed picture icon, and then selected Open image in new tab. The photo opened in flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomd77/6966861938/) with no problem.
I'm using Firefox too and there is no icon but when viewed in Chrome it's there. Never would have figured that one out.

Anyone know how to link photos from flickr?

Trying "copy image url" from flickr and the insert image button. Yeah! It works!

6966861938_23c5d5cf35_z.jpg

Last edited:

dveaner

Board Elder
Board Elder
Right because in your first try you linked to the page, not the picture. That's why nothing showed -- the browser was expecting to display a picture and when it found something that wasn't one it just did nothing.

CiscoKid

They all look good through beer goggles...
Gold Chaser
This is a test. Does anybody see a santa hat?

Attachments

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Looks like a Grand Canyon to me! :p

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Re: testing tag wrapping

PHP:
Right because in your first try you linked to the page, not the picture. That's why nothing showed -- the browser was expecting to display a picture and when it found something that wasn't one it just did nothing.
Here comes the first test.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
PHP:
PHP:
trying a picture,

using 'insert image'

View attachment 17702
Test three multiple this time.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
PHP:
Nothing showed at all.

So let's see. Using the button

View attachment 17697

Ahhhhh, so they changed the BBC code for inserting images. Half to remember that.

View attachment 17698

First one is from a web link, second one from my computer. All is well using the GIMblack skin and the img button.
Wasting more bandwidth

PHP:
Virtually all of the shots that I've loaded in the past are links to photobucket, using the photobucket formatting. Used to use flickr but that got screwed up. Wonder if flickr works now. Nope...

The shot below is a file on my computer, that's the 1st time that's worked. Below that is a image file direct linked from a web page. That didn't used to work for me either.

As far as I can see, the image attachment issues here are pretty much sorted out.

View attachment 17699

Try deleting one.

Code:
working now,

Dan said I had a caching issue in my computer,

probably from being here way too much,

anyway,

logged out of gim
cleared last 4 hours of browser history,
closed FFox browser

reopened browser
signed into gim,