• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY 2

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

A NEW BEGINNING, CROSSING THE MOST AMAZING RIVER, PATIENCE.

I begin this new article, the first of the new U&AE thread sitting on a flight going to London. On my left as I write, the Nile winds due North into Egypt. A sparkling serpent of water winding through a dry land, perhaps as dry as any I have ever seen. There is humanity down there 35,000 feet below me. A vein of life surrounded by the desert that disappears the moment this giver of life is dammed upriver. Dependent on the water are hundreds of thousands of people. The most amazing thing is there is no greenery surrounding this river as it runs through the sands of the Sudan and Egypt. There is no beauty on this river. There is no blue as in some but grey, angry and even from this height there appears to be desperation down there. Thousands upon thousands of houses continue to sit on either side as the plane moves at 500 miles an hour following the course of the Nile.

In the distance the desert envelopes the small strip of humanity on either side that depends on this river for life. I am in awe as we change course away from Libya and the Sahara looks up, totally dry and uncompromising. I wanted to see the Nile so much and I did. Be it from the air but it remains breathtaking and impressive. There is a different kind of beauty, even in this uncompromising scenario there is a sight to be held. I always thought the Nile would be a narrow river, but this leaves me in awe, as at points the Nile must be a mile may be even two wide. I cannot imagine how civilization moved up and down this, the longest river in the world.

How amazing it must have been to navigate this river South. For mankind to move into what would have appeared to be the uncivilized world. How amazing John the Baptist must have found this place or the first group of Judaists to move into Ethiopia and convert the people there and look upon lake Tana as one of the sources of the Nile? If one believes….they say the Arc of the covenant resides there.

I think it is appropriate to begin this new thread with something that will inspire us to move forward, through all the hardships we encounter and take solace in the fact that there are millions who face a daily task of survival even more daunting than our own. The Nile’s presence in this hostile environment considered the cradle of mankind and civilization is a site one should see from where I sit. I am surprised that most others have not noticed on this flight as our foresight in Uranium has not been either by the majority. How is it that so few can see the future when many choose to ignore or simply be in ignorance out of a lack of knowledge? It is not for the lack of availability of this knowledge but rather they choose to ignore it.

I thought it would be easy to leave Kenya. I assure you it was not. I tried to understand what I was feeling and why I was feeling so saddened by my simply leaving a country that had nearly destroyed me, I suppose it is akin to a child leaving his mother be she good or bad for she is the only mother he has known and will perhaps ever know. The world for this child is once more a new and strange place. I take comfort in the fact that some of my immediate family will be awaiting me when I get to the other side. I hope for a better future and I go forth with a positive thought.

Good morning its perhaps a cold day in London. I believe that temperatures are around 14 degrees centigrade during the day but drop to around zero at night so its not quite Kenyan weather.

I begin this article with a company that we have talked about on many occasions but we have never looked at it in quite the detail as we shall over the coming articles. Paladin resources will be looked at in detail. Along with Paladin we will also look at Deep yellow resources as I see a very good potential in this company too.

Paladin’s story is not new and in a world of takeovers and corporate mergers the company remains the only independent producer in the Uranium sector. Paladin started very small but has shown true grit by not only moving on to gain some considerable resources but also to become a producer which very few if any explorations companies achieve. The company has also managed to acquire some major resources not only through discover but also through buying out assets from Fronteer resources recently. Along with this it also has shares in another Australian company called Deep Yellow resources which I have mentioned before in the previous thread. Deep yellow is also exploring in Namibia where Paladin has the Langer Henierich mine already in production. Apart from that Paladin also has an operation in Malawi where it is also in production. Apart from that Paladin is also active in Australia. Paladin has some 20% in Deep yellow.

Paladin has a good sized deposit and producing mine in the Lager Heinrich. The fact that deep yellow continues to explore and increase its deposit will help Paladin remain in Namibia and reduce its costs when it does want to expand even when LH will begin to deplete. I think Paladin will look in surrounding countries for more deposits or will concentrate on the Aurora deposit if the moratorium will be lifted. Paladin may be the target of future takeovers from larger companies as its deposits have increased and being independent makes it the only company of its kind. As recently as April 2010 there was speculation that a company known as Cheetah resources had acquired a substantial number of shares of Paladin. Cheetah is owned by Uranium one. What ever plans Cheetah and Uranium one had were thwarted once the substantial share acquisition was exposed. So Paladin may be the focus of Uranium one but also perhaps now with a larger resource even Rio Tinto might be interested. I do not think any of the larger companies can afford to ignore Uranium and they must have an agenda to acquire uranium deposits through acquisition of smaller exploration companies as their own current deposits begin to deplete. With this in mind we go askew and look at a company that is in the neighborhood of Acap resources and that is impact minerals. Impact is looking for Uranium among other metals in Botswana and has an agreement with Impala Platinum. Impala is looking ofr deposit sand has impact working on 8 different projects currently. http://www.internationalresourcejournal.com/resource_in_action/march_11/impact_minerals.html Impact recently ( as the article states) came up with a strong occurrence of Rare Earths in Botswana. However these are early days and its simply a heads up that there are others in the vicinity of Acap. Green land as we mentioned has increased its deposit by around 35%. That’s a big boost setting up as among the largest deposits in the world. These all viable takeover targets but its not happening soon. It will take time. Large miners have no time to look for deposits they prefer to negotiate with viable confirmed deposit acquired exploration companies as a quick and profitable way to continue doing business. Exploration is a risky business. Our advantage is to be early in the field and locating these exploration companies that have found these deposits and get onto them. Its not just about giant deposits its also about locations and good management. Its about the ability to finance further exploration and the companies success to raise capital. The ability to raise capital tells us that others have faith in the company too. It boosts our confidence in the company. Owners of companies tend to believe in their company more than anyone else. Even when things are not going well like making excuses for their child’s behavior, owners make excuses for their companies shortfalls. I never accept that owners have huge shares in their own companies. It simply tells you that one has confidence and faith in his own ability but that in itself can be an illusion. The proof is in the pudding and in this case its yellow cake. Concentrations along with large size deposits is excellent. Extra large size shallow deposits but with lower concentrations is also acceptable. Politics, geographic and other factors make it difficult to figure which companies are worth while investing into. One of these companies that confuses me more than others is Continental precious minerals. Is it? Isn’t it? Is it? Isn’t it…..Ach I hate waiting like many of you but I have no option but to wait it out. Yes their deposit may be very large but its also very diluted. Perhaps one of these days it will shoot up, as soon as there is a rumor of a buy out or a partnership with a mega miner. Until then its going to be the waiting game.

I have finally arrived in London and the last few days have been spent looking for vehicles and internet connections. There are two companies that are willing to provide high speed connections via fiber optics directly to the current residence. Apart from that there is an interesting prospect that has come up in terms of expending the residence by buying out a neighboring property. This will throw a spanner in my works for a quiet property outside of London. One of the problems that has come up is that while ADSL is available in many of the areas being away from the exchange reduce the speed drastically and that does not help. So a compromise will have to be made. This is not making Mrs Sagi very happy. She does not want two kitchens she wants one large family kitchen humph! Mrs Sagi is not compromising!

Gold made another attempt once more and fell back. I mentioned that this might happen several times and whether it will break out or not is anyone’s guess. Time will tell. People look depressed here. Its interesting to note how people are not willing to take pay cuts but are willing to loose their jobs. Prices for vehicles have been dropping and special offers are being made all the time.

I continue to observe Uranium stocks and as I suspected it seems likely that we will see moments of weakness for a while and so we should be patient. Almost all the followed stocks such as PDN, UUU, DNN etc have dropped a little. I would suggest that we wait a little and see which direction the graph is going to paint in a week or two from now. That does not mean that one should not buy in on major weak points. If you see DNN for example dropping below 2 dollars would be a justifiable buy. If PDN drops below 3 dollars than it’s the same. So pick your stocks and watch for a drop below 52 weeks lows and BUY in. At least make an entry.

Do not believe this for a moment. I have studied the Chinese and they will take every single advantage they can to get Uranium at low prices either through buying into exploration companies or outright simply buying the uranium on the spot market or even making contracts if possible. http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=acuM6WHtfaPI China knows very well that it cannot afford to drop its Nuclear program or even reduce it. It is already on back burners on many of them and if anything I would suspect that they will use this scenario as leverage for getting contracts in cheaply with contractors. That is the way the Chinese do business they are sharper at that than the sharpest Japanese katana. Business whether buying a bargain at a market or in the international market is the same. One has to have an advantage to get over your price to be accepted. The Chinese are facing a big power shortage at the current pace of development. They really cannot pull the wool over our eyes not unless we were blind dumb and deaf and had only two brain cells left and they never met. What we are likely to see is a slow down in investor interest as the discussions on Nuclear power once more move into the negative and after another year or so we will see interest once more coming back from the investor. It’s a game of patience. http://www.businessinsider.com/mickey-fulp-long-term-uranium-demand-will-continue-2011-3

I do like both of the companies mentioned in the above article. I think in terms of the US Strathmore has a great deal of potential. Though they have spun off some of their assets into Fission resources to take over their Canadian assets they continue to develop their US assets and in terms of those they have more than any of the other companies based in the USA.

Most of the companies we follow have dropped to prices of around October last year. It may be a good time to get in but I am a little hesitant. I would suggest keeping a close eye on the stocks the opportunity to buy in quick has gone and we must now wait for a drop perhaps this summer is possible.

Its getting a little warmer now and spring appears to be in the air. Perhaps its time for me to take out my bow and kit and join up fellow archers while I wait for Uranium targets. Its only practice for the real stuff.

Have a great weekend and I bid you welcome to the new Uranium and Alternative energy thread.

SAGI:D

dosman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I have been watching urz, dnn, and pinetree, and pinetree has been so far the best play on the "U miner crash" of 2011

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yes it has dropped down but DM you need to question WHY? Why more than the others such as gold silver and Uranium plays?

SAGI

dosman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
first off: thanks for the great write up sagi, you really have a talent for writing.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking (or what you're asking about) in your last post. i think pinetree has outperformed the U miners because after the panic people realized that only 10% of pinetree's capital is invested in U

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Thanks DM,
In terms of PNP I do not think it has had drastic moves however the issues that were raised on the PNP thread are worrying. I do like the principle of PNP but I do not like the boss who runs PNP. Though PNP makes up the majority of my percentage share in terms of investment I do regret having such a large exposure. I do not like "hoping" as this would be dangerous hence I have not increased or averaged down on this particular stock. I just would like to see this stock get more interesting in terms of demand form stock investors. The other problem is while private investors have taken an interest in PNP institutional investing is nil. I would like to see some institutional interest before I would like to recommend this stock.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!​

GREETINGS FROM LONDON, FROTHY GOLD, APRIL JUMPS.

Good morning! Its another cold coffee day. Spring is in the air but the air is fighting it with the last strength of winter. However as it must, Spring will eventually win. So will Uranium. The opposition will make every case but eventually the economics of profit will win.

As suspected we have now moved into a moratorium of our own with Uranium stocks. They have begun to settle down into their prices and I would suspect this will be the way it will go for a longer period.

So we move back to our research on Paladin and this week its back in the news reiterating our thoughts on what it would do with its Aurora deposit and this week it confirmed that it is going for development sooner rather than later. http://www.thetelegram.com/Business...97960/Paladin-committed-to-Michelin-Project/1 Paladin comes across as a fiercely independent company and is taking strides to instill confidence in the investor. While we look at the price of Uranium as a condition for investor sentiment, it really makes no difference in the longer run as very little of this uranium comes to the spot market. I would suspect that 95% of the uranium gets sold on a contractual basis. Selling ones produce on a contractual basis has advantages in that the moving forward things are more predictable. You know exactly where you are coming from and exactly where you are going. Within spot one may find themselves stuck with stock. On the negative side is to find the spot prices far beyond contractual prices and this is one of the shortfalls especially for those that have long term contracts. However most manufacturing or producing companies prefer to sell ahead. Kind of like a bird in the hand worth two in the bush. Paladin has had one shortfall in that every single time in the last few years it has fallen short of expectations of production. http://www.miningweekly.com/article/paladin-cuts-2011-uranium-production-outlook-2011-01-28 The other disadvantage is that by being independent it has to work harder to finance from the public sector and has to prove itself much harder than companies like Uranium one which is now owned by Rusatom. In order for one to get married one must be willing to compromise on their requirements. When married one gets a lot of the finance from the spouce. If one does not- get married then eventually the “Sell by†date arrives and one has to be shelved. This is no different for companies. Sooner or later one has to look at the bigger picture and decide if it is advantageous to be part of a bigger company and what is better for those that invested in the company. How does one find a company worthwhile to invest in?

It begins with potential and once the massive ups and downs have dwindled over a decade or two it is large enough not to have massive fluctuations by simply beginning to share it profits through dividends bringing in steadiness and strength. All the companies we follow are at almost the beginning of this process and nowhere near the dividend part. Uranium itself is at the beginning of this process as the count is still out for the majority who do not have the foresight to see that it is the only realistic and economically viable option for the worlds energy needs. When this option is deemed not as one but the only alternative, things will begin to change for companies that hold giant deposits, which are economically viable and profitable. Paladin does stand to be one of these companies. Its one advantage is that it is a producer but it has some ways to go to prove that it has a good potential to grow. Paladin cannot afford to ignore the investor. To do so is at its own peril. In terms of production this company is still small compared to Uranium one. http://www.uranium1.com/uploads/articles/UUU 2010 Results News Release FINAL for filing.pdf
Uranium one got married and is now in the process of setting up a family. Its gone for Mantra resources. It appears to be comfortable in Africa and appears to be expanding there. It also will look to expand production in 2011. Be aware of the fact that while Uranium may be valued in US$, the mines producing base their production in other currencies such as the Canadian dollar and the Australian dollar both of which have gained strength and add profits to the companies. This year Uranium one looks to producing roughly 10 million pounds of Uranium compared to Paladin’s just under 2 million pounds. In terms of this we see UUU as a better valued company, but there will always be this little doubt because of the Russian factor. Here is a report of Extract trying to raise funds http://allafrica.com/stories/201104080700.html

Here is some recent news from Strathmore regarding its scoping study in the new mexico deposit. http://nuclearfuels.energy-business...g-study-at-new-mexican-uranium-deposit-060411

As I mentioned before the fundamentals for Uranium use remain strong and her eis another article regarding this which confirms it. We must take opportunities to invest at weak moments into Uranium. Yes it will take time but we must do so now. Acap resources is very cheap at the present. http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...s-Growth-Strategies-Remain-Intact-1424154.htm not to mention Dennison and Uranium one as well as Hathor resources.

We all know that the war on Iraq was about one thing; OIL. There were no WMD (Weapons of mass destruction). George Bush orchestrated the second Iraq war using Afghanistan as a stepping stone. No war is waged for revenge not in modern times. Wars happen now and for the last few hundred years for trade and economics. War is only waged when there is profit. Even Alexander, Genghis and other Marauders went on rampages because of simply one thing; PROFIT. The war on Iraq was nothing else. Countries look away for profit, invade for profit and there is always some advantage that one is looking for.

We are no different. We do not invest because we feel sorry for a company. We invest because we think it has a potential to provide a profit. Going back to Iraq, there was one particular area that Saddam was particularly interested in. He wanted to get rid of the Kurds. Kurdistan is on the edge of Iraq. It should be of no consequence except for one little thing; OIL. Oil is the center and currently the most important energy resource for the world and the world is desperate to find more. Iraq remains one of the largest resources of the black gold. Kurdistan has the potential for a lot of it. One of the key facts about Iraq currently is its lack of mining or drilling laws. There are a number of exploration companies out in Kurdistan.

One of those companies that appears to have potential to come up with a good sized field is Gulf Keystone petroleum. It trades on the AIM in London but shares can be purchased through the pink sheets under the ticker symbol GUKYF. Why the current interest in oil? Lets take a quick look at fundamentals. Its in demand and the way vehicles are going its hybrid not just Lithium. There appears to be a transition period that we are going through and so oil will remain in demand for at least the next two to three decades. GUKYF has a potential of a field of about 1.4 billion barrels to about 7.4 billion barrels. That’s a lot of oil. When we compare it to the Canadian oil sand fields it is bound to be far more economical than most of them. http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...akeover-target-says-daniel-stewart-20585.html Normally we do not look at oil companies but this one appears to have good potential enough for me to keep an eye on it. At present it appears to have made its upside move, therefore I suggest we keep an eye on it for the time being. Let us see where this stock is going after the Libyan crisis. Your input on this company if you know it will be appreciated.

Uranium stocks appear to be not moving much for the time being. This; “as I mentioned in the previous threadâ€, could continue for the duration of spring and into the beginning of summer. That does not mean that we should go to sleep. We have to keep one eye on the stocks at least on a weekly basis; if we see unusual volumes or price movements we shall open both.

Silver and Gold have been making efforts to push past their resistance and get into uncharted waters. It has been a struggle and I am becoming more apprehensive about these moves if we do not have it push strongly past the resistance points. True gold and Silver have both pushed past the previous highs but not by much. As I had mentioned I do not expect it to move past 1500 for Gold and 50 for Silver. http://www.cftc.gov/MarketReports/files/dea/history/hist_other_lf.htm Notice in this report on the gold and silver long and short positions while the reportable such as banks and producers are massively short the non reportable are quite the reverse, being massively long. The shorts have been increasing. This provides some indication of the direction the markets are taking. Silver technically has been moving into the overbought position rapidly though gold has not quite got there. I am not so sure it will reach 50 dollars before we see profit taking. If you are beginning to feel uncomfortable and have good profits I suggest you seriously think about reducing your exposure. At the very least place stop losses in place just in case.

April usually provides a one last push for Gold, Silver, and Uranium stock prices before they begin to move down. One has to be very careful at this point. As of this Friday, gold appears to be moving strongly up pushing past resistance and looking like a strong breakout. In terms of Fibonacci we are at a major resistance level at 1468.00 for gold. The same goes for Silver with another major resistance at 48.60 or thereabouts. For the shorter period we are frothing at this point. As of Friday we appear to have reached ..just into the over bought position on the daily charts but we may see some further highs, in the near term; Caution is the word that comes to mind. As the link above shows there is major shorting going on with institutions and other reportable units. As mentioned before I am not an expert on gold……come to think about it I am not an expert on …….anything. Which is two negatives Aha that is rather positive. What!

I have now settled in London…Temporarily, I have had no success in getting a good quality ISP (Internet service provider) nor have I had the time to find the house I would like to settle in. I did however go around and realize that Londoners do not look happy rather they have a look of being constipated and in pain. The lack of jobs is working itself in and people moving in with expectations are getting disappointed. The road paved with gold appears to have pot holes more than gold itself. We will take things as they come but I am content and things are moving at their own pace. My Neighbor was kind enough to lend me his connection for the internet for the duration while we get ours fixed up. I am grateful to him for his generosity.

As we get older we tend to reduce our necessity for company and our interest in our spouses tends to diminish. This may not be the same for both men and women. They have a different perspective and it also depends on our outlook. Our individual experiences vary. Our capacity for patience also varies. Some of us can be divorced without being physically divorced. So what are the reasons not to divorce? One of the key reasons is for the sake of our children’s future. Many of the divorces happen quickly when the couple do not have to take the responsibility for younger children. Without the issue of children at hand its so simple to separate and move on. My question to all is; What makes one think that if they do not have the patience to forgive and accept the shortcomings of ones spouse, that you will find it possible to get on with a new one. Eagles are amazing. Have you ever since the dance of the eagles? No! Well here is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkQOdq3PHw how there is very little difference between love and hate so have a look at this which is so similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tufnqWNP9AA&feature=related . there are good reasons to move on even if you do have children. When the fights get to the point where it detrimental or a major disturbance to the children do make the unpalatable decision to separate. Care, attention, respect and consideration has to be mutual. When it appears one way, make a decision to move away amicably for the better of the two. Some people get an enjoyment out of irritating others. Such people are disjointed and will never be satisfied nor be happy to see another happy. Such individuals care little except for their personal enjoyment. They care not how much they hurt the other who may love he or she. There are times when one can help someone provided they do want to be helped. Let not ego come in the way of this help. It is not unfair to think of your own happiness. As I have stated before one comes alone and one goes alone. Along the way we simply meet ships either moving our way or crossing our paths but no one goes with us to the end of our individual journeys. If one is capable to think in this way, we tend to find contentment. We believe being content is about money. In my experience it is not. One is looking in the wrong place if they believe contentment is about money. Its not! The true contentment is finding it within yourself. To be at peace. To not let anything external affect you. It is a power you already have. What awaits is discovery!

Have a wonderful and peaceful weekend.
Greetings from London.

SAGI:cool1::beerglass:

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Today marks the initial day of trading for Concordia Resource Corp. (“Concordia” or the “Company”) under the symbol CCN on the TSX Venture Exchange. Concordia is the new name selected to replace Western Uranium Corporation (WUC).

The new name reflects the change in strategic focus from US-based uranium exploration to a more diversified worldwide search for precious and base metals. WUC was formed in 2004 specifically to explore for and potentially develop uranium projects in North America. After six years we have concluded that the number and quality of opportunities in the uranium sector were limited for a junior exploration company. The most positive aspect of the time and energy devoted to uranium was the resulting spinout in July, 2008 of Western Lithium USA Corporation as a dividend to the shareholders of Western Uranium.

Management believes, particularly in light of the current commodities market, that by taking a more diversified commodity approach to target selection significantly more opportunities can be accessed. Moreover, management believes this approach is the most effective way to create value for both current and future shareholders.

The contrast between the paucity of uranium opportunities and abundance of those within the more diversified base and precious metal sector is striking. The current bull market for these commodities has spawned literally hundreds of junior exploration and development companies that have spread out over the world either in search of new deposits or rebranding old ones in light of the near-record high metal prices. This renaissance is not particularly well focused or efficient, but it will create innumerable opportunities for our Company. There are many reasons as to why Concordia Resource Corp. is well positioned not only to recognize but also to take advantage of these opportunities:

Highly experienced and skilled team: Our skill base is in the identification, evaluation and development of prospective mineral deposits. We bring decades of experience gained in the field and in the markets, utilizing the tools that help identify targets and the financial know how to raise the funds necessary to daylight the value of the prospective projects.
Financial strength: A key to the future success of Concordia is the financial strength of the Company relative to our peer group. Today, the Company has approximately $35 million in cash which represents $0.58 per share given the 59.9 million shares currently issued and outstanding. In addition, the Company owns some 25.5 million shares and 3.0 million in-the-money warrants of Western Lithium USA Corporation. This currently represents approximately $34 million or another $0.56 per share for a total of $1.14 per share in cash and marketable securities.
Focus on early stage projects: We have specifically focused on early stage projects at this point in the cycle because history and personal experience indicates that the “sweet spot” for value creation in the mining industry lies in the early stage exploration and development portion of the valuation curve. It is our belief that we can create more value with a drill bit than we can in the acquisition side of the business. This is primarily due to the abundance of prospective opportunities created by the extended metal price cycle. This is not to say that there could not be some unique prospect or a “perfect fit” where our financial strength matches the appropriate asset, and we will continue to monitor the industry for that type of situation. For the moment, however, we will focus on the projects at hand.
Existing strong and diversified portfolio: The current share price range would appear to value only the tangible assets held by the Company and therefore gives the impression that Concordia is basically a “cashed up shell” to coin a market phrase for a company with cash but no assets. Nothing could be further from the case with our Company today. Concordia currently holds a strong and diversified portfolio of early stage but highly prospective exploration projects on three continents. A brief review of our portfolio is provided below:

Providencia Silver Project, Argentina: Providencia is located in Jujuy Province in northern Argentina. This project is a past producer of high grade silver that operated between 1987 and 1993 at significantly lower silver prices than exist today. Management believes the property has an identified mineral potential of some 40 to 70 million ounces from historic drilling results and significant upside potential for expansion both within the mine area and adjacent ground [footnote]. Work is currently underway to consolidate the existing technical information into a digital database and generate targets for a third quarter drill program. The goal is to identify a near surface, open pit mineable, high grade silver deposit in a relatively short period of time. Concordia has the option to purchase a 100% interest in this property.

Cerro Amarillio Copper/Gold Project, Argentina: The Cerro Amarillio is a gold-rich porphyry project located in southern Mendoza Province, Argentina. The property consists of two under explored mineralized porphyry systems and four unexplored colour anomalies on a regional belt which hosts the Los Bronces and El Teniente giant porphyry deposits in Chile. Recent mapping and sampling has demonstrated that Cerro Amarillo contains a classic porphyry system that includes stockworks, disseminated, skarn and breccias styles of mineralization. The results of this program have defined a number of targets for approximately 3,000 meters of initial drilling. Concordia has the option to earn a 100% interest in the project.

Baza Copper/Gold Project, Spain: Baza is a joint venture with Renaissance Gold in southern Spain. Concordia is currently earning a 70% interest in the project with a combination of drilling, geophysical surveys and geologic mapping. To date the geologic program has outlines a large coincident copper and gold system that can be traced for upwards of 20 kilometres and is characterized by discontinuous zones hosting copper and gold mineralization with values up to 10% copper and 20 grams per tonne gold. While the geologic model remains somewhat enigmatic, the recent discovery of mineralized intrusive dikes suggests that there is a magmatic source for the metals. An aggressive drill program is planned for the upcoming field season.

Albisu Gold Project, USA: Albisu is an internally generated gold discovery located at the north end of the McDermitt volcanic feature in northern Nevada. The discovery of gold was made during the Kings Valley uranium program and characterized by a classic epithermal or “hot springs” alteration and mineralization signature. Drill results to date include relatively high grade narrow intercepts of 5 feet of 12.46 and 14.61 grams per tonne gold to broader low grade intercepts such as 205 feet of 0.71 grams per tonne gold and 270 feet of 0.25 grams per tonne gold. The gold mineralization is hosted in a broadly north-south trending structural zone characterized by strong clay alteration and remnant “sinter” deposits that represent the surface expression of a hot spring environment characteristic of the bonanza grade Sleeper gold deposit to the south. A drill program is currently being permitted with the appropriate government agencies.

Continued Expertise in Uranium sector: Western Uranium was formed to specifically focus on the exploration and development of uranium assets. After five years of concerted effort it became apparent that the numbers of meaningful evaluation targets available were far and few between. Furthermore, the myriad of political and permitting issues associated with uranium only complicated our efforts. However, that does not mean, the Company would reject a uranium opportunity out right. Particularly if the potential to add value to the Company was very compelling.
Concordia’s head office remains in Vancouver, Canada where administrative overhead is shared with Western Lithium USA Corporation. Exploration offices are located in Reno, Nevada and Buenos Aires, Argentina providing exposure and access to opportunities in North and South America. The Vancouver office enables the Company to mine the longstanding industry relationships and brokerage business for deal flow and technical expertise.

Concordia Resource Corp. is an exploration company, which is well funded with a highly qualified team of professionals engaged in the search for mineral deposits that will increase the value of your shares. We are working hard to advance the Company and increase shareholder’s value. We appreciate your support and encouragement.

“R. Edward Flood”

R. Edward Flood, Chairman, President and CEO.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Uranium Mining Stocks: Sanity to Return as Fear Subsides

Jeb Handwerger
Published 4/7/2011
Print This Article Normal Text Large Text Email Share

The Cassandras of the media beat the drums of fear concerning Japan’s millennial tragedy, which has been a confluence of perfect storms. There has been a great deal of bad news coming out of Japan which the press has spun into a blanket condemnation of the entire nuclear industry. It is only a matter of time until investors recognize that the media is spinning fear that goes beyond Fukushima. Undoubtedly, their tactic's intention is to sell commercial TV time, even if it means destroying a major source of clean, efficient, and safe energy; nuclear is a vital component of clean and independent energy.
Imagine if we had stopped mining coal after Massey Energy’s (MEE) mining disaster. Consider if we had stopped oil exploration after BP’s (BP) Deepwater Horizon malfunctioned. But now nuclear energy (Market Vectors Uranium+Nuclear Energy ETF – NLR) and uranium mining (Global X Uranium ETF – URA) are being unfairly painted in the wake of Fukushima Daiichi. Would such an industrial world without nuclear power be less dangerous or cleaner? Let's be rational: For more than 50 years, the American fleet of nuclear reactors has sailed millions of miles without radioactive calamities.

Admittedly, the radiation leaking from Fukushima has created grave risks to human health, but who among us can deny the dangers that fossil fuel pollution poses every day? Critics can question whether the reactors at Fukushima were deficient in design or antiquated. The media doesn’t say that the Fukushima Daiichi unit was only two weeks away from its 40-year expiration date when the disaster struck.

What the media chooses not to say is that plants being built by today’s standards are 1,600 times safer than the nuclear plants of yesteryear. The media fails to say that China is reviewing their reactors, but they are beginning this month to build new-generation, state-of-the-art, safe reactors which are nothing like Japan’s 40-year-old reactors.

They choose not to show the vote of confidence that has been given to Southern Co. (SO) by US nuclear regulators to build two plants near Augusta, Georgia, saying that this project does not present environmental dangers. This decision was made only a few days ago in the face of the media’s slant on Fukushima. The commission stated they found nothing to stop it from granting licenses to Southern Co. This is the first time that approval has been granted to build new nuclear reactors in the United States in over 30 years.

We have learned from Fukushima, and the new generation of nuclear plants will be stronger and safer than ever. In the 10 years moving forward from 1995, US nuclear generation avoided the release of billions of tons of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon dioxide and radioactive coal ash into the atmosphere. One can only wonder if we had gone ahead in 1979 after Three Mile Island and built all the planned nuclear power plants, how much further down the road we would be toward energy independence and compliance with the Kyoto Accords. Now the US is at the mercy of Middle Eastern oil and is mired in global conflicts.

There is no form of energy production that is without risk; coal mines can collapse, oil rigs and pipelines can explode, and dams can be breached. Don't forget that Three Mile Island killed no one. Chernobyl was really a Russian weapons factory without a containment structure and was designed to produce material for nuclear bombs.

Overreaction to the Japanese disaster may in the end be worse than the accident itself, if it results in a delay of the nuclear renaissance. We should consider this as the rest of the world leaves the US far behind as they move on with safer and more reliable atomic power and removing their reliance from Middle Eastern fossil fuels.

Uranium investments will once again be seen as a hedge against the Middle East, and we may see a very powerful bounce as the selling seems to be coming to an end. Remember there are 440 reactors currently operating worldwide and many coming online which need uranium. If you can think a few years ahead, then you will realize that this media-induced hysteria was an incredible buying opportunity. Look for sanity to return.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gulf Keystone hails "unprecedented" year as losses ease
Mon, 11/04/2011 - 10:48 | Fiona Bond

Oil and gas explorer Gulf Keystone Petroleum (GKP) narrowed its full-year post-tax losses as it described 2010 as a year of "unprecedented" activity for the company.

The Kurdistan-focused explorer reported a $26 million post-tax loss for the year, compared to $96.3 million in 2009.

In turn, it sharply reduced its loss per share to 4.17 cents from 22.80 cents the previous year.

The company said its ongoing exploration and appraisal campaign, spanning all four of its blocks in the semi-autonomous region, is amongst the most aggressive of any company active in the region today.

"Gulf Keystone's blocks are massive, undeveloped structures and this virgin territory represents an oil man's dream," executive chairman Todd Kozel said in a statement.

To date, the Shaikan block has been the crown jewel of the company's portfolio with a significant increase in gross oil-in-place numbers for the Shaikan discovery ranging from 1.9 (p90) to 7.4 (P10) billion barrels made last year.

However, it said it continues to progress work on its other Sheikh Adi, Ber Bahr and Akri-Bijeel blocks in the belief that the type of success it has enjoyed at Shaikan can be replicated elsewhere across its portfolio.

"Since the year end, the momentum has continued and 2011 has begun with further significant operational milestones. With a strengthened balance sheet we are fully funded for the current work programme and are highly confident of continuing to create value for our shareholders and to help the Kurdistan region of Iraq develop its natural energy resources."

Gulf Keystone added that at a time of some uncertainty in the world, particularly around North Africa and the Middle East, Iraq continued to make good progress, leaving it highly confident of continuing political progress and co-operation.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Thanks for the weekend write-up, Sagi! Here's some thoughts I wrote down about gold and silver, but I don't have the guts to start a new thread just for this topic:

I firmly think gold is in a strong bull market that will see $5,000/oz in the years to come. However, in every healthy bull market there are corrections along the way - history has proven this. Gold itself has had several major corrections on it's way from $300/oz to where we are today. This begs the question - When is the next correction in the precious metals? Either time-wise or price wise.

While watching silver begin it's near parabolic rise in the past few weeks, I started to think about taking some profits. Later, after seeing a nice triangle form in gold, and the recent breakout, I decided to hold off on taking profits in my gold and silver shares in anticipation of gold nearing $1500/oz. So I'm now unsure of where this rally will stop, however I think there is another clue of what lies ahead in the old saying, "Sell in May and go away." Will that wise old saying come true? I think it will. Marc Faber has come out twice recently saying gold is looking "toppy", and I agree. If I sell today, I'm 100% sure I will be able to buy back cheaper later, especially in the underperforming gold stocks. We might not make it to may, but it's close enough.

The fundamentals are stronger than they ever have been, however, here's to hoping for a nice summer buying opportunity.

cheers :party30:

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Thanks for the weekend write-up, Sagi! Here's some thoughts I wrote down about gold and silver, but I don't have the guts to start a new thread just for this topic:

I firmly think gold is in a strong bull market that will see $5,000/oz in the years to come. However, in every healthy bull market there are corrections along the way - history has proven this. Gold itself has had several major corrections on it's way from $300/oz to where we are today. This begs the question - When is the next correction in the precious metals? Either time-wise or price wise.

While watching silver begin it's near parabolic rise in the past few weeks, I started to think about taking some profits. Later, after seeing a nice triangle form in gold, and the recent breakout, I decided to hold off on taking profits in my gold and silver shares in anticipation of gold nearing $1500/oz. So I'm now unsure of where this rally will stop, however I think there is another clue of what lies ahead in the old saying, "Sell in May and go away." Will that wise old saying come true? I think it will. Marc Faber has come out twice recently saying gold is looking "toppy", and I agree. If I sell today, I'm 100% sure I will be able to buy back cheaper later, especially in the underperforming gold stocks. We might not make it to may, but it's close enough.

The fundamentals are stronger than they ever have been, however, here's to hoping for a nice summer buying opportunity.

cheers :party30:
Dear Jelly,
An interesting problem we do have. First this is not the problem of price of gold or silver. I think we all have a problem but its not external, its internal. Like having an argument with yourself. Fear, confidence, doubt, all play a role among many other things. I always try to ask everyone to calm them selves, while we can never be 100% accurate in our judgement, the best we can do is give it an educated guess. You have the knowledge and you have analyzed your thoughts very well and you appear on the right path. Now all that remains is a decision to make. This is the same problem that I have. I suppose if we did sell now, "say for example", I have SBB.TO and I am sitting on roughly 200% profit. Should I let it go? Two paths either I get out my initial investment and let the rest stay as a long term investment. That way I would still be in but safer with my initial capital out. Or I could go all the way thinking that there is going to be a major correction short term and be able to get in back into the stock later on in the year. With this method One has to fix in the later Buying price and play the game again with rigidity. It is difficult, perhaps impossible to predict where the correction will happen. It is not possible to provide an accurate time line but looking at the daily chart for both gold and silver; They are approaching over bought positions very quickly. However I do not see major volume indications meaning; I am not seeing massive volume trades in the stocks providing some Euphoria though I did see FVI.TO trading twice the normal volume or a little more. The stocks such as the ETF's may give us a better indication GLD is also looking over bought now and SLV gives an indication of the sellers being in control. I also mentioned the futures longs and shorts figures in this weeks coffee break. Please look at these figures carefully as they are showing a great deal more shorts than longs. In my view I think any time from now we should be getting a healthy correction. My advice would be to go through your analysis and consider which is the likely thing to happen and make a decision. Go with the most likely scenario. Perhaps another alternative might be to go short on some of the stocks when the turn does come. That way you also make some money.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Bloomberg
Uranium Companies in Play as Net Assets Exceed Shares: Real M&A
April 13, 2011, 11:16 PM EDT
MORE FROM BUSINESSWEEK

By Tara Lachapelle, Rita Nazareth and Christopher Donville
April 14 (Bloomberg) -- Uranium companies from Toro Energy Ltd. to Mega Uranium Ltd. are so depreciated they’re trading at less than their assets would be worth in a fire sale.

That’s one reason takeover speculation is increasing after Japan’s nuclear crisis made uranium miners 31 percent cheaper relative to book value, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Toro, which explores for uranium in Australia, tumbled below the value of its net assets, and Mega Uranium trades at a 59 percent discount. The price-to-book ratio for Australia’s Paladin Energy Ltd., the most likely takeover candidate among producers according to BMO Capital Markets, slid 21 percent.

While last month’s disaster at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant triggered fears of radiation, firms from Commerzbank AG to Deutsche Bank AG are still projecting higher uranium prices as developing nations from India to China seek to meet power demand in the world’s fastest-growing economies. Nuclear Power Corp. of India said yesterday it’s considering a venture with state-owned Uranium Corp. of India to acquire mines overseas, and Newmont Mining Corp. disclosed a 6.7 percent stake in Paladin.

“With the financial market’s view on the uranium industry and nuclear being extremely negative, there’s some opportunity because this is just a knee-jerk reaction,” said Ben-Ari Elias, a New York-based analyst at Sterne Agee & Leach Inc. “The whole space is cheap and it shouldn’t be. I do think some properties will come up for sale.”

Discount to Assets

The Global X Uranium ETF has declined 24 percent since a magnitude-9 earthquake struck Japan on March 11. Companies in the ETF are now trading at a median book value of 1.89 times, down from 2.75 times on March 11, the data show. Cameco Corp., Uranium One Inc. and Paladin are among the ETF’s largest positions, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Toro, which is seeking to develop the Wiluna deposit in Western Australia, fell to 0.88 times the value of its assets minus liabilities from 1.09 times during the same span, the data show. The Australian company, with a market value of A$101.3 million ($106.3 million), also explores in Namibia.

“Being in Australia, plus they’ve got stuff in Africa, and that makes it an interesting play as well given the proximity to China, India,” said Robert Lauzon, a portfolio manager at Middlefield Group, which manages about C$3 billion ($3.1 billion). “Over time, you’re not going to see the slowdown in India, China and Russia.”

Toro is awaiting regulatory approval for its $278 million Wiluna uranium mine.

‘Big Drop’

“We’ve had a big drop because we’re in the development doldrums and people know we’ll need to raise money for Wiluna’s development in 2012,” Chief Executive Officer Greg Hall said in an interview.

Mega Uranium, which is developing mines in Australia and exploring for the metal in Canada and Cameroon, now trades at 0.41 times book value, down from 0.61 times. The company’s market value is $136.2 million.

Richard Patricio, a spokesman for Toronto-based Mega Uranium, didn’t respond to a phone call requesting comment.

It may be too soon for uranium companies to draw acquisition interest because the stocks may get cheaper, said Edward Sterck, a London-based mining analyst at BMO Capital.

“If the stocks sell off to a certain extent we could see an increase in M&A,” Sterck said. “I don’t feel that we’re quite at that level yet.”

Most uranium producers can’t do a deal right now because companies like Cameco and Uranium One have shareholders who may block a transaction, he said. Vancouver-based Uranium One is controlled by Russia’s state-owned nuclear company Rosatom Corp.

Foreign Ownership

Cameco, the world’s third-largest uranium producer, is protected by Canadian incorporation rules that cap individual foreign ownership at 15 percent, said Murray Lyons, a spokesman for the Saskatoon, Saskatchewan-based company.

Newmont, the largest U.S. gold producer, took a stake in Paladin after completing the takeover of Vancouver-based Fronteer Gold Inc., a shareholder in the uranium company. Newmont of Greenwood Village, Colorado, holds 6.699 percent in Paladin, according to a notice filed with the Australian stock exchange yesterday.

Newmont probably doesn’t want to own the stake in Paladin indefinitely, Middlefield’s Lauzon said. Paladin may look attractive to a buyer after its share price dropped because it’s one of the only independent uranium producers that doesn’t count a company in South Korea, Japan or China as a major shareholder, he said.

Paladin in Play

Shares of Perth-based Paladin have dropped 24 percent since March 11, cutting its price-to-book ratio to 2.63 from 3.35. Paladin, with projects in Africa and Australia, doesn’t have major shareholders that would try to block a deal and being a uranium producer makes it more attractive than an exploration or development company, according to BMO Capital’s Sterck. The company has a market value of $2.9 billion.

Paladin has no interest in being acquired and isn’t looking for a large investor, said spokesman Greg Taylor.

India’s Nuclear Power, the nation’s Mumbai-based monopoly builder of atomic plants, is considering forming a venture with state-owned Uranium Corp. of India to acquire mines overseas and secure supplies of the reactor fuel to meet demand, the company’s Finance Director Jagdeep Ghai said yesterday.

Companies with advanced uranium projects such as Perth-based Bannerman Resources Ltd. and Corpus Christi, Texas-based Uranium Energy Corp. may also lure acquirers, said John Stephenson, a senior portfolio manager at First Asset Investment Management Inc. in Toronto.

Uranium Fundamentals

“Uranium fundamentals still look strong,” he said. “But the headlines out of Japan look awful -- the space will trade on news flow, not fundamentals, for at least six months.”

Bannerman, whose shares have dropped 42 percent in Sydney since the earthquake in Japan, is developing its 80 percent owned Etango uranium project in Namibia, one of the world’s largest deposits. Uranium Energy is expanding output of the commodity in Texas and other western states, according to its website. The shares have fallen 20 percent since March 11.

Uranium Energy Chief Financial Officer Mark Katsumata wasn’t available for comment, and representatives for Bannerman didn’t respond to phone calls seeking comment.

The earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan shut power plants, including the Dai-Ichi station, which is undergoing the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl in 1986. That led to explosions and radiation leaks as cooling water boiled away. Japan has experienced rolling blackouts and faces more power shortages as temperatures increase.

While uranium has retreated 15 percent since March 11 to $58.25 per pound of U308, the tradable form of the metal, investment banks are still projecting gains.

Uranium Prices

Commerzbank of Frankfurt estimated this month that uranium would climb to $69 a pound this year and $80 in 2012, data compiled by Bloomberg show. Frankfurt-based Deutsche Bank’s forecast on March 30 predicted prices of $65 this year and next and an increase by $5 a pound in both 2013 and 2014.

“The damage from the Japanese disaster hasn’t been fully assessed. The initial reaction was to stop everything,” said John Kinsey, a Toronto-based portfolio manager at Caldwell Securities Ltd., which invests in uranium producers as part of overseeing about C$1 billion. “It’s a temporary hiatus, things will go back to normal and merger activity will start up again.”

China has 13 nuclear reactors and 27 under construction, according to the World Nuclear Association’s website. India plans to supply a quarter of electricity from nuclear reactors by 2050, up from 2.5 percent in 2007, the association said.

“The Chinese may tweak their nuclear plans, but they’re not going to walk away from them,” Kinsey said.

State-Owned Acquirers

State-owned companies are the most likely acquirers, including China Guangdong Nuclear Power Group and ARMZ Uranium Holding Co., a unit of Russia’s Rosatom, said John Wong, a London-based fund manager at New City Investment Managers Ltd. who helps oversee about $1 billion, including shares of Cameco.

“Anything that has anything to do with nuclear energy or uranium just got dumped,” said Ben Mackovak, senior analyst at Charlottesville, Virginia-based hedge fund Rivanna Capital LLC, which owns about 2 million shares of uranium company USEC Inc. “Longer term the simple fact is that nuclear energy is part of the energy equation -- it has to be.”

Overall, there have been 6,961 deals announced globally this year, totaling $701.5 billion, a 32 percent increase from the $532.3 billion in the same period in 2010, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

--With assistance from Nikolaj Gammeltoft in New York, Yuriy Humber in Tokyo, Rajesh Kumar Singh in New Delhi and Andrew Hobbs in Sydney. Editors: Sarah Rabil, Daniel Hauck.

To contact the reporters on this story: Tara Lachapelle in New York at tlachapelle@bloomberg.net; Rita Nazareth in New York at rnazareth@bloomberg.net; Christopher Donville in Vancouver at cjdonville@bloomberg.net.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
RANGER MINE SUSPENSION EXTENDED

By Jessica Burke on 13 April 20110 comments

Energy Resources Australia (ERA)’s Ranger mine operations continue to be suspended as a result of flooding across northern and eastern Australia.

The initial decision to close the mine for 12 weeks to ensure levels at the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) remained low was made in January, but the region is still dealing with higher than average rainfall, with the Ranger mine reporting the third highest wet season on record.

A total of 2 490 millilitres of rain has inundated the mine since September last year, and the wettest period it has ever seen was 2 527 millilitres in 2006/07.

With three weeks to go until the wet season ends, ERA announced today the suspension of processing plant operations will continue until late July 2011.

The construction of a three metre lift to the walls of the TSF is well underway, according to the company, and later in the year an application will be submitted to regulators to request an increase in the authorized operating level of the TSF.

Mining operations in the pit have also ceased due to the massive amounts of water and ERA does not expect to gain access until late this year.

Ranger says it is continuing extensive studies on water treatment, including the installation of a brine concentrator which will reduce the process water inventory held at Ranger.

The Ranger mine has been under pressure from traditional land owners to close the mine in the Kakadu National Park, with a scientist preciously employed by the mine revealing the possible contamination of nearby waterways from mining operations.

It says work is continuing on a full and detailed review of the substantial water and rehabilitation projects and associated expenditure requirements and the company has continually updated regulatory authorities and key stakeholders on process water levels throughout the suspension and will continue to do so.

Mining operations at the current Ranger open cut mine will still cease by 2012.

The suspension of mining has reduced the expected production of uranium oxide from 3 793 tonnes to 2 400 and Ranger expects to report a 2011 first half net loss of between $30 and $50 million.

Image: NT News

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

JUST ANOTHER WALL, URANIUM’S BULL FOUNDATION & THE PROMISE YOU MADE.

Its not been a bad week. Uranium stocks have been recovering well including Mawson resources which has been trading up yesterday by a very good incline. My internet connections are still not on but I am still able to place a few articles out and that keeps me happy and plodding on. The weather is getting warmer and there are more people moving around that is good. Uranium stocks are beginning to glow a little again a month after the Fukushima crisis.

Trading is always considered safe, but its not and this week I was sitting in the park and a discussion sprang up regarding the trading of stocks and what should be the conditions to make a reasonable profit. First of all one cannot be trading thirty or forty stocks. That is difficult to do. Ideally one or two stocks are traded and they are done over several days to several weeks perhaps if one is lucky one can catch a trend lasting several months but normally it’s a few weeks. Secondly massive jumps are difficult to find. So normally the stock has to be traded at a higher than normal level to what we invest into so a stock would ideally be trading at least 500,000 shares on a daily basis and above. Next we require the stock to be in our field. A field that we know reasonably well. So it would most likely be a mining stock. All these factors make it difficult to get one stock that has good upside or downside as in trading one can either go long or short. Finally a reasonably large sum of money needs to be invested to make it worthwhile as the movements in most stocks that are good to trade are in the higher price bracket range. My arguer was stating that to make a reasonable profit the figures have to be much higher which he stated in turn makes it equally risky. He is off course right in his inference of the logic was correct.

Take for example gold and silver mining stocks. We can locate a few stocks that fit our profile and if we think that gold/silver were too high and that there was a possibility for the price to drop than we would be looking for a stock that has a potential to drop a fair amount so if we know a stock that has pushed up extensively in terms of percentage and is a reasonably large stock, trades a fair amount in the day it would be an ideal candidate. Placing a few buck is simply not going to cut it so you better have your rules and calculations down to a T before you decide to get in. Investing a small amount in a very small stock/stocks is a much longer term play. Maybe turning into years or even a decade or two. Again one needs sustaining power to do that too. Small figures multiplied by ten stocks turns into a substantial amount of money. Figure out what method you are looking at or a combination of the two. DYDD.

Moving onto Uranium, the Ranger mine continues to remain shut temporarily as the tailings remain flooded. I do not think this will affect the price as it is already factored in along with the Fukushima crisis. There appears to be a longer-term downward trend, which now appears to be getting established for the spring this year. Paladin gave out its view on the Fukushima crisis and its view on the fundamentals of Uranium. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...-of-supply-shock/story-e6frg8zx-1226039926344

Speaking of Paladin ….In the news was the issue of uranium mining companies being valued lower than the actual value of the assets that these companies own. Also in the news; “luckilyâ€, was the news regarding paladin as the only independent company producing uranium left without any involvement from the Far East. Whether this factor would make the company more desirable only time will tell. Paladin is valued at 2.9 billion dollars and the fact that it is independent might make it more attractive. ( Please look at post no 15). However having an independent company is not enough to make a miner attractive. For that its got to be reliable, profitable and have a more than average sized deposit/deposits, apart from that have a good healthy financial position to top it all. If the Aurora deposit were to eventually have its moratorium lifted that would be a good feather in its cap. 6% of paladin is owned through Fronteer’s take over, by Newmont. http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page72103?oid=124925&sn=Detail&pid=72103 So it’s not quite independent but it is because its present board has controlling interest in the company.

As mentioned before April and May tend to have one last large swing upwards for Uranium, Gold and Silver. We can never take it for granted that this will or will not happen. We simply have to wait it out, look at the price action and simply look at the swing of the curve. Upwards we hold on, a major swing downwards and we need to make a decision to get out or grit our teeth. Uranium as I mentioned is a necessary commodity to run reactors for many years to come and if you know you need the product to get your electricity out there and you have committed billions of dollars to putting up the infrastructure it is unlikely that one earth quake is going to bring your development to a stop. Countries do not look at particular incidents and besides for countries such as China its not about people power making political decisions. Let us not fool ourselves, China is not a democracy and their national decisions do not require popular backing. Their system works for them as their politicians have a much longer nationalistic outlook and to an extent the national priorities overcome any personal profits, whether at state level or personal level. Whatever we say the leaders of China and India at an economic level are getting nearer to the worlds most advanced nations without any of the political objections that we find in the western world. Groups of people matter little when the national interests are a priority. That is exactly how the 3 gorges dam got built. With hundreds of thousands of people displaced. Archeological finds were overrun, history had very limited interest and was certainly not going to take priority over the need for megawatts of electricity required for the country. With this dam made the Chinese quickly realized that if one required to have unlimited expansion of electricity supply it would certainly not be by damming a river over and over again. Its difficult to build dams, much harder and as expensive as Nuclear power plants at times. While solar and wind would provide some relief it really did not have the same economic or production efficiency as Nuclear power. A couple of years ago I read up an article about how dirty and dangerous it was to mine the much needed rare earths the world over in China. It was an eye opener. Nuclear is no different and the need for Uranium will take precedence over human safety in China. Japans nuclear stations on average are 30 to 40 years old. Since than safety designs have changed and while accidents can happen the factor for safety has increased multiple fold. Technology has changed dramatically in the last 40 years, from basic materials, to purity and new age materials as well as their applications in modern engineering. From higher corrosive resistant materials to much faster electronic monitoring systems, multiple fail safe systems with backups, and all the experience from the small number of accidents that have occurred and adding to this the numerous computer simulations of possible scenarios that may come up are covered. Numerous stress tests not only through Computer aided designing but also actual stress tests that may be done at a much higher excess force than is expected. While we cannot control such events as Earthquakes and Tsunamis it is not logical to expect a Tsunami every single month. Japan and a number of other countries lie in an area known as the ring of fire which includes countries such as Indonesia. The krakatoa incident occurred in this area off the cost of Java and Sumatra. The Volcano went up with such force that the entire island disappeared. The following Tsunamis were massive and there was a great deal of destruction. The Tsunami that occurred on the shores of Sri Lanka also originated within this area. However Tsunamis are not a foregone conclusion after every single quake or tremor. How can we therefore conclude that Nuclear is done because “an act of god†occurred? It is known as an act of god because it cannot be controlled or deliberate. It is a catastrophe that can occur anywhere with probably the same randomness as a sand storm in the desert, a typhoon in the Indian ocean or a tornado in Oklahoma. None can be predicted. When destruction does occur through any of these we do not stop building. People get up and rebuild. While I do not envy them I do see a great deal of economic reasoning and necessity to rebuild. A Tornado destroying a farm would rarely mean the farmer abandoning the farm and moving on. So why should a country change for similar reasons. The smaller example works for larger ones as there is one common factor and that is that a human makes these decisions. Humans factor economics and profit above most things. I am not too concerned about the plight of Uranium for the near future.

The great wall of China is the only man made thing that can be viewed from Space. Millions of laborers died making this wall. While the emperors looked upon this majestic achievement as point of strength it could perhaps also looked at as one of the greatest achievements of fear. The fear of the enemy! A true wall of worry! To sacrifice millions of people for this achievement one needs to look at what it achieved and then consider just how much determination this country has historically and what they are willing to sacrifice to achieve this. What makes anyone think that there are at least a few new walls they are not willing to make? They do not care if they are right or wrong. They do not care if the world thinks they are wrong. They have their own priorities and these take precedence. The Chinese have one major priority and that is their own local market. In turn that market will provide enough production for them to sell to the rest of the world. They deliberately keep their labor costs low. They do without many things for their people. They look upon the world as their enemy and prey. The Chinese are in a completely different field to the Indians. The Indians are constricted by their own democratic system. Their internal politics force them to slow down their decision making process. This is not the case for the Chinese. It is a dictatorship and the nuclear progress is simply another great wall to be built. This time however it’s a wall of worry for the rest of the world. They monopolized on rare earths and it is likely that they may do the same with Uranium. It is this one mindedness that provides them with strength. With our checks and balances out, progress has been slowed down. Consider the political system in place when the British Raj was at its height. Consider the Portuguese and the Spanish at the height of their empires. The Germans at theirs and the Japanese at theirs. In each case there was one mindedness. It is this that provides the determination to progress.

I am more concerned for the shorter time about the progress of Gold and silver and as I see its parabolic rise on a weekly basis I fear we are getting nearer and nearer to a major correction. When we have minor correction all the way through a rise I like that it’s a small release of pressure ensuring that there is still upside potential but when anomalies occur such as the one now I begin to feel nervous. Hence the recent postings regarding gold and silver. I am not the only one as there are a number of articles posted regarding this through various gold silver sights. Those in the know or have experience have seen this before and are warning of imminent danger. I am heeding that advice. I am keeping a very close eye on both gold and silver as I believe the last moves before a major correction are the most desired. They can provide some substantial profit but with that comes the risk of missing the move and finding oneself on the down side of the curve and if enough people believe that this downside is going to be healthy correction it tends to be more than just healthy. Do we begin to short stocks now? I do not know. However it’s a good time to do some research and consider which ones would be good to short just in case. On the other hand some writers are stating that Gold is about to blast off. I am not quite sure what their basis for this conclusion is and I am trying to do some research on this. One possible reason may be http://www.merkfunds.com/merk-perspective/insights/2011-04-14.html the weakness of the US dollar. With the dollar weakening as the article states investors may be moving ot other currencies providing further weakness incentive for the US$. It may partially be also the reason for gold to move up quickly in short periods of time. Consumer prices showed that they did not increase in the last month though commodity prices went up. http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=alC.V_PQ.Who&pos=4 However commodity prices reflect at production or pre production level but consumer prices reflect at end level. With commodity prices rising some producers may not increase their selling price taking into account that the price movement may be temporary, however if the commodity prices continue to sustain higher prices then they will have no option but to pass the added costs to the consumer. Which in turn next months report may reflect? Devaluation of the dollar adds more pressure to the prices increasing. In my humble opinion it is imperative that the base rate must be increased to reflect the levels raised by other governments. Debt must be brought under control. While the government may feel that the debt is reflective of population capacity to spend, it does not take a lot for it to spin out of control. If the interest rate is raised and the policy to raise continues to do so over a year or more it will bring about a reduction in consumer spending which may be unnecessary as consumers will continue to spend on necessary good regardless. It will however curtail unnecessary debt and reduce the taking out of loans both for houses as well as other consumer products such as cars. While this may slow things down for a while increasing incentives for production by the government may allow more employment in the near future. Its better to have a job on a lower pay than no job at all. Stopping a wheel turning one way is one job starting to turn it in the opposite direction is equally as tough. Some serious incentives will be required to be given to initiate interest by new business startups. Wealth creation is paramount and it does not come out of starting up mega corps. It starts off by placing small seeds of growth all over the place and giving it time to become healthy trees the bear fruits five may be ten years from now. This is how countries will improve their economies. The issue of wealth transference has always agitated me as a method to simply move wealth around. Wealth in itself never creates wealth. Production creates wealth and eventually that wealth transfers around. What happens when there is little or no wealth to transfer around when there is no production? We create debt. I promise to pay you tomorrow, the day after, the next year, next ten years…. Eventually people begin to live the illusion as reality. Its really a short term thinking method. Every single currency note rotating around is a promise, nothing more. Well the promise is broken, no one seems to realize it just yet. It’s a big illusion and it takes time to realize that its collapsing. Sometimes illusions can carry on for a very very long time, sucking in even the people who saw the reality in the first place, eventually replacing the reality.

The bigger they are the longer they take to collapse. Gold still remains as the shoulder to lean on so buy on weakness. It should be part of your portfolio, it should be your brolly for a rainy day. Uranium and other commodities simply provide you the route to that.

Have a good weekend.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
thanks Sagi. I've been wanting to get into Uranium for a while now, so I'll be keeping an eye on things.

Oz Waver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Shouldn't this be in the ENERGY NEWS AND TRADING section?

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Shouldn't this be in the ENERGY NEWS AND TRADING section?
I am guessing you are new to the thread or perhaps the website. Welcome Oz. Its an old argument and you are not the first to ask the question. For the answer you need yo go back to the very first year of the thread. Please try to look up Goldismoney.info......Ooops I forgot....my bad.... that closed down....yes the answer to your question would be there. Nevertheless... Its been 4 or 5 years since that question was asked. A 6 page argument was placed on the thread and the question was raised by the founding fathers. For further queries please contact the moderators or webmaster if you object to the thread being placed here. The thread in short brings about information that still leads to gold and silver as the final objective so its accepted and one of the oldest threads running here. Thank you for your query. I hope you will participate in the thread discussions...If not thank you for visiting.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Energy Resources Australia forced to buy uranium after mishap
The Australian uranium miner said continuing problems at its Ranger mine in northern Australia have forced it to buy uranium on the global market to meet sales commitments
Posted: Wednesday , 13 Apr 2011

SYDNEY (REUTERS) -
Australian uranium miner Energy Resources Australia (ERA) is being forced to buy uranium on the global market to meet its sales commitments as problems persist at its Ranger mine in northern Australia, the company said.
Heavy rains have flooded the mine pit and led to the suspension of processing of uranium oxide, sending output tumbling 42 percent in the March quarter. Processing is likely to remain stalled until at least late July, the miner said on Tuesday.
ERA, controlled by Rio Tinto , said it would need to buy as much as 2,100 tonnes of uranium oxide from third parties to meet its sales commitments of 4,500 tonnes this year.
It also forecast a first-half loss of between $30 million and $50 million, and said it was reviewing mine operations.
"In light of this continued suspension, which has occurred immediately after a very challenging 2010, a comprehensive business review of ERA's current operations and future projects is well underway," the company said.
"The review will assess priorities, processes and future expenditure."
ERA expects to mine only around 2,400 tonnes in 2011, well below earlier guidance of near 3,800 tonnes. (Reporting by James Regan; Editing by Mark Bendeich)

cano

Sagi,

Enjoy reading your threads. A few months ago, you mentioned ditem. I did some reading on the company, and it seems to have some positives: second largest land owner behind cameco (athabasca region), management seems to have strong experience, have had decent drilling results, purchased new rare earth property.

Do you have any other insight into this company? Could it be another fission or hathor?

Thanks!

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sagi,

Enjoy reading your threads. A few months ago, you mentioned ditem. I did some reading on the company, and it seems to have some positives: second largest land owner behind cameco (athabasca region), management seems to have strong experience, have had decent drilling results, purchased new rare earth property.

Do you have any other insight into this company? Could it be another fission or hathor?

Thanks!
Hi Cano,
Ditem's boss is a past minister of mines and land sin Canada. If there was anyone with contacts that would be him as to where minerals would be. While this is mere speculation I would think that eventually they will come up with the goods. Lately they have been showing some interest in finding rare earths. I got into Ditem before the dines letter and made a bunch on it when they got on. Sold out that April 3 years ago making it one of my best investments. Lately I see interest coming back into it so I would suggest picking it below 9 cents. Preferably place a stink bid of 6 cents. You will probably have to wait a while make a note of its recent highs as this would be where the fade out may happen so take some profit.

SAGI

cano

Sagi, thanks for the response!

When it comes to investing, what scenario would you choose? 1. buy 1000's of shares of a company like a ditem that is trading at a low share price, and continue to accumlate.
2. buy 100's of shares of a company like a hathor or cameco that is trading substanially higher, and continue to accumlate at a slower pace.

I know scenario 1 is more speculative, but it seems like you really need to have leverage in order to make your portfolio to grow substanitally.

Also, any thoughts on Quarterra? ticker symbol- QMM
Thanks!

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

SMALL CREATURES, LARGE CREATURES. THE WAY TO LIVE!

Good Morning. This Monday morning we start of with GS and their denial of playing a major role in the 2008 crisis.
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...GUERhaWx5VGlja2VyQmxvZwRzbGsDZ3JlZWRsaWVzYW5k
GS matters little to us in the shorter term as our trades would be too small. Its just something that we should be aware of. What GS has been doing is hedging on a grand scale but in the event they took no prisoners. They believe in the law of the jungle and they are at the top of the food chain as far as they are concerned. We are creatures as individuals that make no impact on them. Our threat is only amass.

So be it but all creatures survive. Nature provides them with avenues even to the smallest to enable a balance to be maintained. We are part of that. The good thing is that smaller creatures are more sensitive to movements than larger creatures as they usually tend to loose lives first so we should be aware of this sensitivity and get out of the way when we do hear it, before the big creatures do, that is our advantage. We are able to get some news ahead of the big fellas.

Gold seems to be going searing through the resistance at around 1498.00 if it goes past the next resistance on the Fibonacci is at 1535-37. This becomes a major resistance. Interesting gold is up around 5.3% in the year but Silver is up 40% that is nearly 8 times the price high of gold. Stocks on the other hand have not reflected the meteoric rise in silver. FVI has not made that sort of progress this year neither has Sabina silver though they have done better than others. Kinross has gone in the opposite direction. Some are wondering why. On this thread we do not wonder why because what is ….is! We cannot change it and I am not capable of analyzing why. I am equivalent to an ant in the world of man. There is no point. The trend tells me there is bound to be reversal so we simply follow that trend once it is established. Many of the pure gold and silver plays are moving down. Even SLW.TO has not moved much up. It may look like it has but if one compares it to silver it has not moved anywhere. That is a dangerous position. Stocks should have moved at least 25% to 40% higher than the metals but SLW has not and neither has Newmont or any of the others. So I still foresee a correction soon. It appear as if we have reached a resistance point in stocks but now quite yet there for the metals. Perhaps a little more move upwards. Ok so now we are past 1500. (Chalk another one to SAGI for being wrong in his predictions.) Still foaming, silver has yet to reach 50 dollars and I wonder if this breakout will fade at that point. Stocks are not following the flow so it appears gold is early and stocks will play catchup OR they are not going to and gold will drop back down. Toss a coin because I am truly lost. I have no idea which way this is going to go, but my silver plays are making money and I need to rack it in. I am still holding on for unusual volumes. I have not seen them yet. I will reiterate that Silver looks more overbought than gold at this point. It should correct soon. The question is how soon. I am still not shorting it. DZZ is looking well oversold at this point. The volumes do not reflect panic or euphoria. Patience is a wise virtue that must be acquired as a skill.

People are amazing. Knowledge is only as useful as it is applied. Knowledge in itself is as useless as a sword that is sheathed and even worse in the hands of the un-initiated or the inapt when it is unsheathed.

One spends a life time trying to acquire a single piece of knowledge while another acquires all in a single breath. The latter is known as enlightened. When enlightenment is acquired all other things become immaterial. All other knowledge becomes shallow. This single breath of knowledge is what many of us try to acquire all our lives without realizing what it is that we are trying to acquire. It only becomes clear when we do gain it. Until then we are simply floundering in the dark like a newly blinded man. Sadly we are newly blinded often from birth and never gain sight until the day that we die. Such a pity but nature is forgiving and passes our gene in an illusion of immortality to our children and hopefully in generations to come that knowledge will be acquired and again perhaps it will not, simply to be replicated in mistakes with the efficiency of a Xerox copier. All our actions and of those around us are lessons to be learnt and to acquire a new knowledge that we can apply. Only a fool will have knowledge and not apply it. For, what use is the acquisition of that knowledge if it is not to be applied but wasted breath. We have a finite number of these too. To be shortsighted and involved in the day to day actions and reactions will simply take our focus away from our true objective. We face all manners of interactions on a day to day basis. We call it noise and we must train ourselves to ignore all this noise to be able to pick up that one sound of purity that we seek. It may come today, tomorrow, next week, perhaps next year, perhaps….never but we must not be deterred in seeking it. For to seek it is to approach perfection asymptotically, to try to achieve it is our destiny but to achieve it may not be possible.
Still it should not deter us from trying to achieve it as anything imaginable is possible.

This does not give you the right to ignore your daily duties. Duty to your parents, to your brother, to your wife and to your children. These must be done as an obligation and then above this one must rise to achieve their own personal perfection. It is this that allows us to make progress. It is this that gauges us above others.

Only a coward gives up with the thought that it is impossible. To look upon an army and to fear and run is a worse death than to look upon it and face it alone for that in itself achieves us something greater in death than it would ever be possible in life.

Perfection in every single piece of work is a prayer to god in itself. Perfection does not differentiate between success and failure. That is simply an outcome. It is of no consequence. Only action is. That must be perfect.

There is not a lot to add to Uranium stocks for the present. Stocks such as CZQ are comparatively low enough to make an entry. They are at their 52 week lows so consider some of the better stocks. Even stocks such as DNN, STM, HAT, FIS all are fairly low. They seem to have found some support at this point. There is a good probability that we will return to the bull in about a month perhaps two. One interesting thing has happened with Western Uranium corp. Essentially it has spun off its lithium assets into Western Lithium corp, and at the same time has sensibly begun to concentrate rather than Uranium on other precious metals. It has renamed itself as Concordia resources corp. http://www.westernuraniumcorp.com/news/index.php?&content_id=153 The above article shows where it is heading and its more into silver gold and copper now so another company that originally started off in Uranium has now moved into precious metals. Perhaps that is a sensible thing to do as the name of the game is money. The resource matters little as long as it remains in demand. There are issues regarding Rare earths, however how much of this is a natural demand and supply anomaly and how much is artificial is anyone guess. Many of the rare earth deposits can take a long time to come online, perhaps as many as 15 perhaps even 20 years. The ones ahead will make it, so people are placing bets which are reflected in the price. From Molycorp, followed by RES followed by the rest of the gang. Its gone way past where we can speculate. So I am not following rare earths at this point. If they drop and the fundamentals remain intact we will consider investing. Right now the main interest remains Uranium. It’s the flavor for the contrarian for the day. I am hoping for that secondary dip that so often happens when everyone thinks its going to move up.

The dollar slipped so do we have a break out or do we have a fade out about to happen? Nothing has changed in the UK some consumer figures went up and we see a jump. I think it may fade. Someone’s going to be taking profits soon. Will the dollar regain? Sure it will as fluctuation is the life of the trader. No one keeps anything in one trend permanently.

With gold and silver I am moving into uncharted waters. I have no idea if this will be a break out or if it will fade and reverse. My sense of calculation tells me that it should reverse…soon. I am still banking on silver reversing at 50 dollars. I lost the bet on gold its gone past the limit I set. I am still holding onto my foursome gold silver stocks. Two are making some good money others are not which is why I state it is so important to time your entry.

This letter is short. There really is nothing more to add for the time being. I am enjoying some good wine this evening and apologize for the delay in posting this coffee article. The house hunting is taking up my time and am enjoying the early temperature rises for the present. It’s a sweltering 29 degrees centigrade here and the sea level and smog makes it worse.

Have a good day.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Sagi, I hope you had a good easter.
Silver does not look good right now technically speaking. A couple days ago silver had a huge spinning top candlestick so I've started "hedging" with some shorts. Gold, however, still remains strong. Gold and silver usually move in unison, so I'm not sure what to think. Still hoping for a summer buying opportunity...

Last edited:

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sagi, I hope you had a good easter.
Silver does not look good right now technically speaking. A couple days ago silver had a huge spinning top candlestick so I've started "hedging" with some shorts. Gold, however, still remains strong. Gold and silver usually move in unison, so I'm not sure what to think. Still hoping for a summer buying opportunity...
My humble opinion is its not done yet. I have no logic behind this thinking nor any rational. Just instinct! Silver looks well over bought at this point. The volumes just do not look like there is paranoia in the air nor euphoria. It is perplexing at this point. Watch and wait buddy thats the name of the game now. Its anyones guess if its going to drop or move on. My bet is it will move on up ...for a while. I know I said it would drop after silver hit 49 something and gold blew past 1500 and then resistance to be found a little higher perhaps as high as...1530 or something like that.... Now...I just don't know. I am keeping an eye on the stocks I have especially the volumes I think they may give an indication in the coming weeks.

SAGI

You might make some money flipping these U stocks or get lucky with a takeover or something but the thing you need to know about this market is once it tops out it takes years for another bull market to develop. Years.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
You might make some money flipping these U stocks or get lucky with a takeover or something but the thing you need to know about this market is once it tops out it takes years for another bull market to develop. Years.
Pray do elaborate Ihslancers. Which market are you referring to? Uranium or Gold? Or both?

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Uranium. Once they top they're dead. Sometimes decades.
Perhaps you are right, and then again those fundamentals remain intact. I have yet to see any of the oncoming constructions of Nuke stations being stopped mid way. Surely you must have more information than a mere statement as that since I have known and respected your insights, perhaps a little more explanation might provide more light to the subject. Does that statement not apply to all commodities. If something fundamentally has a flaw then the above statement stands true, however if the fundamentals remain intact and demand does outstrip supply I think there are enough eyes out there on Uranium to get the stocks moving again. The same applies to Rare earths too.

SAGI