• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY 4

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Hundreds of workers take cover after tunnel with nuclear waste at plutonium finishing plant collapses
  • Hundreds of workers were told to 'take cover' after a tunnel in a plutonium uranium extraction (PUREX) plant collapsed at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation
  • No workers were in the tunnel at the time of collapse
  • Workers at the site have now been evacuated
  • Those situated farther away were told to remain indoors
  • It's beleived crews completing nearby road work may have created enough vibration to cause the collapse
  • Hanford is the nation's most contaminated nuclear site, with cleanup expected to last decades
  • It contains about 56 million gallons of radioactive waste, most of it in 177 underground tanks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4489096/Tunnel-nuclear-waste-collapses-Washington-state.html#ixzz4gbvZz3eb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Surprise, surprise. I thinned on jan 26th or so? Stopped out on rest feb 2nd or so. And posted first of march URA would hit 12.96 by start of Q4.

All real time for verification in the thread
URA inching closer to being a buy, not just yet

enricopallazzo

Silver Member
Silver Miner
NATIONAL
Two reactors at Tepco’s giant Niigata plant close to being restarted
NRA eager to clear Kashiwazaki-Kariya plant

KYODO

ARTICLE HISTORY

Two Tokyo Electric reactors at the massive Kashiwazaki-Kariwa power station in Niigata Prefecture are expected to clear the initial safety hurdle for restarts soon, sources said Friday.

According to the sources, the Nuclear Regulation Authority will start talks on the issue on Wednesday, with a view to compiling a document that will certify the two units passed the new safety requirements introduced after the Fukushima nuclear crisis.

Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc. has been struggling to recover ever since the triple core meltdown in March 2011 because the seven-reactor Niigata plant is a crucial money maker. The utility has spent years trying to restart the plant, which is the only nuclear complex it runs aside from the disaster-hit Fukushima No. 1 plant in Fukushima Prefecture.

It filed for safety assessments for reactor Nos. 6 and 7 in September 2013.

The NRA wants to reach a conclusion on the issue before Chairman Shunichi Tanaka’s five-year term expires on Sept. 18, the sources said. But the move may trigger public criticism because Tepco still has a long way to go to scrap the ruined reactors at Fukushima No. 1, which was engulfed by quake-triggered tsunami and lost all power.

The Kashiwazaki-Kariwa complex is one of the world’s largest nuclear power plants and has an output capacity of 8.2 million kilowatts. Units 6 and 7 are boiling water reactors — the same type as the ones at Fukushima No. 1 — and the newest of the seven sitting along the Sea of Japan coast.

The governments hosting the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa plant are also cautious about restarting the units, with Niigata Gov. Ryuichi Yoneyama saying it will take “around three to four years” for the utility to win local consent on the matter.

Tepco, which is facing massive compensation payments and other costs from dealing with the world’s worst nuclear crises since Chernobyl, has been desperate to restart the idled reactors so it can reduce spending on costly fossil fuel imports needed to run the thermal power plants making up for the nationwide nuclear shutdowns.

Some reactors at other utilities have already resumed operations, but Tepco has been under constant scrutiny to determine whether it is qualified to once again operate a nuclear power plant.

Some inside the NRA have been reluctant to move ahead with the safety review at Kashiwazaki-Kariwa. But Tanaka strongly wants to set a course on the issue before he leaves his position at the NRA, and this was one of the factors that led to the latest development in Niigata, the sources said.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dear Friends,

I ts been nearly 3 years since I stopped the regular coffee carrot head. I am pleased to inform you that I am now able to put the issues behind and look positively to the future. I am not quite mentally up as yet but suffice to say that my state of mind shall improve in the near future. I thank all of you that have kept the thread going and it is encouraging to see such "Die hard" Uranium fans.
I will be online from next week and hopefully will have had time to go through the thread. I would like to thank all of you individually but we could write another coffee article on that. Thanks to all of you! Those that contributed and those that read the various posts. Thank you Sir Searcher for your patience in keeping it together. Its appreciated. Thank you Louky and Elvis for also posting on the thread. Thank you to all the others on previous pages I will read your posts later on as I catch up.
SAGI

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Uranium price recovering fron Sept 25th bottom, not reflected in majority of stocks yet.

Thanks for downgrade, rentry opportunity the other day

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Haven't had anything worth posting in a while. Came across this short film and decided to use it to bump the thread.

Have a good week.

COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES URANIUM MINING AND PROSPECTING 56844
PeriscopeFilm

Published on Oct 15, 2017
CBS created The Search, an educational series produced by the Public Affairs Department, in the 1950s to share scientific research with viewers in an easy-to-understand manner. The 26-episode series aired over 1954 and 1955. This episode, “Colorado School of Mines: Uranium Prospecting and Mining, Golden Colorado,” is hosted by Charles Romine and shows all the phases of the uranium rush happening on the Colorado Plateau. The film begins with footage of atomic bombs detonating (00:50; 01:08) as Romine narrates the incredible power of atomic energy that can be used for destruction or for helping human life. The key to atomic power is uranium, and Romine (01:47) takes viewers on a tour of mining uranium on the Colorado Plateau. Romine visits with Professor Paul Keating, a pioneer in uranium fields, who explains the geology of uranium and some of its early uses by the Ute and Navajo Indians. Next, Romine meets with prospectors to learn about the early stages of mining. He speaks with a prospector who owns a mine on Davis Mesa (04:28); the prospector explains how to stake a claim (05:19). Romine then goes to the Montrose County courthouse (05:48) where he learns how to file a claim for mining. Afterward, Romine visits with a successful miner in Grand Junction (07:49) and learns how to start a mine, including financing one. One way to finance is through selling stock; the film shows the Salt Lake Stock Exchange (11:26) where people are speculating on stocks. Romine travels to the Colorado School of Mines (12:19) to learn about the university’s Prospector Service, observing the samples sent in to the lab (12:46). The lab identifies what the minerals or metals are in the samples, but also allays the samples, determining the amount of mineral or metal, using instruments such as the Geiger counter (13:33). A lab technician explains how a Geiger counter works (14:54). Next, Romine observes an exploration operation, watching mining equipment in action (16:48) and going on an aerial survey (18:44) to locate likely uranium deposits. Once a site is located, the operation builds roads (19:42) into the sides of the mesas and create a functional camp on top (20:06) with their own testing laboratory (20:32). Once the exploration operation determines that the mine has commercial-grade uranium, large-scale mining operations commence, such as the U.S. Uranium Corporation in Paradox Valley (21:10). The episode concludes with Romine and Keating discussing mining uranium and the future of uranium.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

Tulip Mania all over again? The Bit coin bubble. …..and other matters

Good Morning! Its been an awfully long time since I began writing. Three years to be precise. But here goes. The old fingers cranking again! Trying to get the figurative arthritis out of the bones to begin getting the t=remaining two grey cells to ignite hopefully to copulate eventually to produce more.

I am still out of the loop as I have been so long away from the scene its difficult to get my hands on. Yet I did notice that Novo resources has broken out magnificently since last year bringing in 1000% for some I am sure and yet the story is not over. Two schools of thought on this subject. Either shoot on the break out or wait for a retracement that will enable one to get in without gulping the bitter medicine of loss. Really depends on the state of mind at present. Novo currently sitting at USD 5.50 from a 50 cent low or thereabouts now heading lower. Its still a good company and worth getting into at a lower price.

Uranium continues to be held down but the geopolitical, and economic conditions are slowly making a turn and sooner or later this will turn. The question is HOW LONG will it take to make a turn around. I could harp about all that I have harped about in the past but its all history and available on the previous coffees if one is patient enough to go back into the anals of historical documents to have a look at what I had written.

The last three years have been slow in terms of uranium stocks, so what else is there to look at?

Lithium Graphene fusion or something else? The problem is not going away……The world needs more energy and while consumer companies alternate to electric power the supply companies simply do not have the political, geographical or technological clout to provide an efficient solution.

To put it more simply we will take into consideration the requirements of a groom looking for a wife. The groom (potential of course) is looking for the perfect bride, but is it feasible (no pun intended)? He wants a hot blond bombshell, with the IQ to compete with Einstein and the religious qualities of someone from the 1400 living in Selam and the amazing common sense to know when he needs his beer, be the perfect house wife never complain about the amount of money and be able to constantly smile like a stepford wife.

The potential wife has equally bad demands.

In short the two are like poles destined never to get along or even meet. The equation can never balance out and no solution can be found. What we need is a compromise…….The world in the foreseeable future is not geared for the perfect solution. Britain recently as march 2017 the UK's newest fusion reactor, ST40, was switched on and already managed to achieve 'first plasma' - successfully generating a scorching blob of electrically-charged gas (or plasma) within its core. Ok so we may be getting there but when does it go from experimental to commercial….probably decades from now. The key word here is how do humans profit from this? That is the big brick wall smack in the centre of the running field. https://www.sciencealert.com/the-uk-has-just-switch-on-its-tokamak-nuclear-fusion-reactor

So what is the compromise? A Possible solution may be fast water reactors combined with wind and solar as well as bio fuels. So instead of one wife we find several wives for our groom each bringing in a different quality. They each compete with the other, each has boundaries and each provides specific solutions but there is no one solution at present that addresses all the issues.

Compromise is something we all have to make. Its inherent in our very nature to argue or to expect. And when expectations are not met we are disappointed. This is the single point from where all our problems begin but also from where our endeavour for solutions too. We choose the path we want to take, whether by force or voluntarily.

At the moment the planet appears to be constipated with a lack of efficient energy solutions.

Considering the complexities of politics, people power, the simple lack of money and down right stupidity, I am not surprised.

Bit coins have been popping up recently in the news with the price escalating to unrealistic prices; Or are they?

When bitcoins first made their day their complexities were not understood. A virtual coin floating in a wallet on your computer to be exchanged for goods and services. The idea was about freedom and bitcoin mining. The person who started the bitcoin revolution is a little like his invention in the grey and little virtual himself. Going by the name of Satoshi Nakamoto it eventually appears that in reality the individual is Australian and goes by the name Craig Wright. Currently a bitcoin changes hands at roughly 8000 dollars each (oops its now 11000 since I began writing this article). An all time high. I tend to stay away from the speculation as the demand moves higher for purposes that profoundly stump me. I prefer to stick to gold. If a virtual currency can move so high then I still believe that at a not too distant date in the future the price of gold will also stump us. Its Tulip mania all over again and the following explains it well. https://www.investing.com/analysis/bitcoin--millennials-fake-gold-200270435

In the past I have written about the famous Tulip mania when the flower was introduced to Europ and considered at the time more precious than gold. Sanity had left the building and sanity appears to have vacated the brain when it comes to Bit coin.

At the beginning of the year I predicted that the price of gold was going to correct. I was wrong. It did not fall to the expected low before heaving up. It came close to 1100 dollar but no further and this is interesting as the markets continued to climb with the DOW hitting 21000 and the S&P500 hitting 2600. Still there is a divergence occurring on the MACD with the S&P climbing but the MACD declining. So there is a possibility of the markets following the MACD. In terms of technical I would think that the markets are overbought, however overbought markets often tend ot go a lot further than expected as market makers often push the markets further up than expected taking out many people who may be shorting the market at such times.

It’s an age old trick. Up to a point it is the investors who are purchasing the market and when they sell the market makers continue to purchase bidding higher prices, when they have taken out the stops they begin to sell to those that continue to think the markets will move higher. This hands over higher priced equities over leaving them high and dry when the market corrects. First lets be pragmatic. Stick with the trend …but …be savy and purchase on corrections and yet there is always the risk that it is a reversal and so we risk little at first before a trend sets in again taking the wave in what ever longer term direction is dictated.

Novo resources continues to hold my attention and the one thing that strikes me is just how much of an impact any news is making on this stock. It rose from a low of 32 cents to over 8 dollars. I mentioned it several times in past articles and I still believe Bob Moriarity’s analysis on 321gold.com. He is pragmatic and clear. Read his articles they are interesting. Novo interest is pushed to mania point and if they do prove their theory the big boys will be seriously involved. Technically a price between 2 and 3 dollars is where it may find terra firma …I hope and once stability has set in that tells us a new support area is in place.

Currently I am finding it difficult to find my sea legs but eventually I will find them and be back to normal. Consider this article as a beginning. The divorce left me worse than I was and loosing the best part of 30 years of work in the process. A couple of solicitors and barristers are now sending their children to very expensive private schools at my expense of course. If nothing else one can attribute the actions to quantum physics where nothing makes sense and therefore is right. The theory of quantum chaos!

My issue with the world is the growing debt worldwide. In 2008 we had a different kind of debt and that was public debt, but now it appears that we have sovereign debt. Sovereign debt is government debt or country debt. Where countries have been spending more than they earn. In 2008 there was public sector borrowing but now we have a huge problem, with the government’s borrowing from other governments and this is creating a domino situation on a grand scale. The problem is that this is a circle and eventually will come around. Virtual currencies are without control at the moment, but governments love control and sooner or later they will issue laws that will bring it to control. There is another issue with bit coins or any other crypto currency is how does one calculate intrinsic value? I always fail to invest in something that I do not understand quite well, and by the time I do understand it, I tend to be too late…..hence the failure.

So here is the fundamental problem, governments give credits not real currency just a credit essentially like a shopkeeper giving credit and at the end of the month you go to pay the debt off either by some physical equivalent or something else, but somewhere in the past the shop keeper started giving credit on huge scales to numerous debtors on a scale far surpassing his ability to pay his own creditors if they were to fold. (Sounds like Bitcoin to me) Effectively the shopkeeper became just one of the debtors because at some point he started passing more credit than the capital he had. Everything goes great until we get people folding saying “I don’t have the money goods or services to pay off this debt.”, if this happens to numerous individuals at the same time then the shopkeeper has a serious problem. Now take this situation and run it 100 times bigger than the 2008 crisis.

Before it crashed we saw oil climb to a grand scale, we saw the dollar demand rise and then we saw everything fail. The debt now is massive….Its on a huge scale, and the markets will crash but the question I have no answer to is; when?

The low interest rates have given a license to the big boys to issue mortgages indiscriminately. When the mortgage bubble or what came to be know as the sub prime game to a crashing halt. The population at large assumed that all would be rectified, but I do not for a moment believe that is the case. The gambling game continues with pseudo names. It is the same game just under various other names.

With Mr. Trump in his high tower it appears that the game continues on a grander scale with debt being accrued in terms of development, arms accumulation defence strategies being increased and the accumulation of debt, funded by promissory notes.

This accumulation of debt will come to a head but “when”; is a question I have no answer to.

It is vital that one consider the example of the bit coin bubble. The almost vertical lift off in price is a key example of what could happen to the markets; Sooner or later the buyers will be sellers, but not before the “I got left out of the race” chaps head in. There is still time for the move up, it has been a gentle curve, sometimes its different but in general we wait for those vertical lift offs, when the news papers are screaming at the top of their voices on the huge high and even the newspaper boys are talking about getting into the game, THEN its time to get out !

I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous new year, a peaceful belated Christmas and hope that everyone had time to reflect on what the purpose of life is.

Kindest Regards

SAGI

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Sagi..........good to see you posting.

Here's to a happy, healthy and hopefully prosperous new year.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've missed this thread, and while I won't make any promises, I do anticipate being active again on the site.

At least I plan to lurk this thread.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
What's Up With Uranium Prices? - Amir Adnani
Kitco NEWS

Published on Mar 6, 2018
Kitco News sits down with Amir Adnani, CEO of UEC, to discuss the future of uranium mining with uranium prices currently at $21 a pound.

"I think people in the U.S., especially U.S. buyers of uranium, which represent a quarter of the market, are somewhat frozen out," Adnani told Kitco News on the sidelines of the PDAC 2018.