• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

URANIUM & ALTERNATIVE ENERGY 4

fat panther

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Anyone else getting that creepy feeling an unseen pot of hot oil is about to boil over? Maybe it's just me not being used to being calm and at peace. Maybe the summer doldrums in PMs and markets. I don't like drama, per se, but it's making me very nervous.

Maybe I should heed my owns words"no news is good news"

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Nope I think we just get that feeling around July when golds about to creep up on us and the rest of the stocks will begin to make their move soon.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Uranium Seen Rebounding as Japan Readies Nuclear Restarts
By Ben Sharples Jul 16, 2014 6:16 AM GMT+0100 1 Comment Email Print

Uranium may rebound from the lowest prices in nine years as Japan moves closer to restarting the first of its idled nuclear reactors, signaling a potential increase in consumption of the atomic fuel.

Japan’s nuclear regulator vouched for the safety of two facilities in the country’s south, setting in motion the possible return of atomic power. A resumption of plants may boost uranium prices that slid after the 2011 disaster in Fukushima, said Cantor Fitzgerald LP, a New York-based broker.

Uranium has fallen about 60 percent since the meltdown at Tokyo Electric Power Co. (9501)’s Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant in March 2011 led to the closing of Japan’s nuclear reactors, reducing demand as supply swelled. The restart will make the nation less reliant on imports of fossil fuels such as liquefied natural gas and boost uranium producers from Australia to Kazakhstan, some of whom canceled projects and closed mines as prices declined.

“Nuclear reactor restarts in Japan have been viewed as a vital catalyst for uranium prices,” Rob Chang, an analyst at Cantor Fitzgerald in Toronto, said in an e-mailed note yesterday. “The restart is much needed as Japan deals with its first summer without any nuclear power in 40 years.”

The atomic fuel dropped to $28 a pound on May 19, the lowest since May 2005, according to data from Ux Consulting Co. in Roswell, Georgia. Prices have decreased 17 percent this year and closed at $28.50 yesterday.

Kyushu Electric Power Co.’s reactors at its Sendai facility in southern Japan passed safety checks, the Nuclear Regulation Authority said in a draft report. It’s the first safety assessment of a Japanese nuclear plant from the regulator, which was set up after a predecessor ignored warnings before the disaster in Fukushima.

Uranium Glut

Restarts are the “most important psychological catalyst for the uranium space,” David Sadowski, a Vancouver-based analyst at Raymond James Ltd., said on June 19. The financial adviser predicts a surplus of 10 million pounds this year.

The supply overhang is cutting off any price upside, Morgan Stanley said in a July 8 note, reducing its 2014 price forecast by 21 percent to $30.81 a pound. The bank also lowered its 2015 estimate by 21 percent to $36.

Paladin Energy Ltd. said in February it will halt its Kayelekera operation in Malawi while Russia’s Atomredmetzoloto last year shuttered Honeymoon in Australia. Kazakhstan, the world’s biggest producer, said in November it will halt all projects aimed at increasing output.

The NRA’s commissioners approved the draft safety report at a meeting today and agreed to move to the next step of seeking public comment. Japan has been without atomic power since September.

The meltdown at the Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant forced the evacuation of about 160,000 people because of a radiation fallout. It was the worst civilian atomic disaster since Chernobyl in 1986.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Cameco: Light At The End Of The Japanese Tunnel?
Jul. 16, 2014 9:30 AM ET | 9 comments | About: Cameco Corporation (CCJ)
Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)
Summary

Newsflow from Japan is finally improving: two Kyushu Electric reactors got the NRA safety clearance and could restart in coming months.
Strong appetite for Japanese Utilities’ bonds suggests a pretty high confidence in the restart of reactors… at least from Japanese investors, who know Japan politics better than us.
Another key positive is that the Japanese government is making the necessary moves to speed up the inspection and restart process of nuclear reactors.
The pro-nuclear Tanaka will soon join the five-member panel of the NRA, in replacement of the hawkish Shimazaki.
The gradual restart of reactors will be positive for sentiment and send uranium names such as Cameco higher.
Declining Japanese bond spreads bode well for the uranium price

In our June 11 SA article, we explained that the longer-than-expected nuclear restart process in Japan was weighing on the supply/demand dynamics of the uranium market and on uranium stocks such as Cameco (NYSE:CCJ).

Despite strong political support for nuclear energy in Japan, anti-nuclear activists won an important legal battle recently when a Fukui prefecture court forbade Kansai Electric Power from carrying out a plan to restart two idled nuclear reactors at Ohi north because of their earthquake vulnerability. The ruling may not remain in force for long as the Osaka Court of Appeal has rejected similar suits brought by citizens' groups but this shows that the restart process is more complex than initially expected.

Finally, we believe that the newsflow is improving. First, it was just announced that two Kyushu Electric reactors got the Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NRA) safety clearance. This could pave the way for them to come online before year-end and this could represent the long-awaited catalyst for the uranium price.

Interestingly, it looks like this positive newsflow was anticipated on Japanese financial markets: Kyushu Electric sold JPY20bn ($197m) in 10-year bonds last week at a 39bps spread, its lowest spread for such maturities since 2010. And Kansai Electric Power Co. and Shikoku Electric Power Co. are expected to follow the move and to offer notes in coming days as well.

According to Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Japanese utility bond spreads have declined from 202bps in June 2011 to 29bps, just slightly higher than the average Japanese corporate spread (22bps). This obviously suggests that confidence in a restart of Japanese reactors is strong among Japanese bonds investors (who are naturally close to the political situation in Japan)… while it's still very low among uranium investors. In our view, this bodes well for the uranium price.

Changes made to the NRA panel suggest that the Japanese government seeks to speed up the process

Second, it looks like the inspection and validation process of idled reactors by the NRA could accelerate soon in view of the recent changes made to the governing body of the nuclear regulator. The Japanese Diet approved two new commissioners for the five-member panel of the NRA.

One of them, Tanaka, is regarded as pro-nuclear, having close ties with utilities and stating only eight months after Fukushima that it could be safe to reconsider returning to nuclear energy… Interestingly, Tanaka will replace Shimazaki who is sees as "hawkish": Shimazaki notably stopped the restart of a reactor with vigorous safety demands.

In all, confidence in a gradual restart of reactors is likely to keep rising. This should be positive for sentiment and send both the uranium spot and term prices higher, even if Japanese utilities are unlikely to buy uranium before one or two years due to the large uranium stockpile in Japan (the country honored its purchase contracts post-Fukushima despite the reactor shutdowns).

Against this backdrop, we reiterate that Cameco is an attractive stock. The company is expected to make money even in the current environment as it is the lowest cost major producer and will consequently be in a comfortable position when uranium demand picks up and pricing improves, with a likely huge earnings leverage.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Lithium M&A? Albemarle to Buy Rockwood for $6.2 Billion
Tuesday July 15, 2014, 4:10pm PDT
By Vivien Diniz+ - Exclusive to Lithium Investing News

For many years now, the lithium market has been synonymous with three top producers: Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (NYSE:SQM), FMC (NYSE:FMC) and Rockwood Holdings (NYSE:ROC).

Together, they’ve held a monopoly on the market; however, it looks like that’s about to change. That’s because special chemicals company Albemarle (NYSE:ALB) is merging with Rockwood, the largest lithium products producer, in a transaction valued at $6.2 billion.

As lithium demand continues to strengthen on the back of increased battery demand for mobile devices and electric cars, Albemarle’s play for its rival reaffirms the case for lithium and also adds some diversification to Albemarle’s portfolio of assets.
Through the acquisition, Albemarle will gain access to the Atacama Desert in Chile, giving the company a low-cost base for lithium production. Furthermore, as Reuters notes, Albemarle’s merger with Rockwood will net the company a “strong presence across three other high-margin businesses – supplying catalysts to refineries, bromine for use in offshore drilling and emission control, and surface treatment products to the automobile and aeroplane industries.”

Rockwood shares rose almost 14 percent, to $86, on the release of the news, but settled at $83.14 by the end of the day. The Albemarle deal values Rockwood at 85.53 per share. Per the terms of the transaction, Rockwood common stock will be exchanged for $50.65 in cash and 0.4803 of a share of Albemarle common stock. Upon closing, Albemarle will own roughly 70 percent of the combined company; meanwhile, Rockwood shareholders will hold the remaining 30 percent. According to Albemarle’s press release, the merger is expected to close in the first quarter of 2015.

For both companies, the deal represents a “commitment to drive sustainable growth, creating one of the world’s premier specialty chemicals companies.”

Indeed, as Albemerle CEO Luke Kissam said in a company statement, “[t]he combination of these two companies creates a premier specialty chemicals company with a unique world-class team of experts and an enhanced focus on innovating customized, performance-based solutions to meet the ever-increasing demands of our customers.” He added, “[t]he resulting company will have broader customer reach, increased diversity across end markets, technologies and geographies and more consistent and predictable earnings growth. All four businesses have high margins, strong competitive positions, and attractive long-term growth. The strong cash flows generated by these businesses will enable us to reduce leverage rapidly, support our ongoing dividend payments, and continue investing in the businesses to fuel growth and deliver increased value to our shareholders.”

Likewise, Robert J. Zatta, Rockwood’s CEO, sees the transaction as “compelling” as it offers Rockwood shareholders an “immediate premium and signifiant participation in the tremendous growth potential of the combined organization.”

Bloomberg noted that today’s deal is “the largest takeover of a diversified chemicals company since Solvay SA bought Rhodia SA in 2011.”

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi Cano,
I am also observing the price. I am in the middle of completing another carrot article and have written a little about Greenland in it. However let us consider one thing; Why has the price dropped so extensively while other uranium have begun to show signs of life. It could be investors thinking that the license will not be approved. It could be that investors do not fee they are capable of completing the mine. What ever the case the price reflects the news anticipated, so let us wait to see a U turn made in it before we decide to go for it. If on the other hand one has extra money and is willing to take a risk, this would be the ballpark area to pick some up. I think we must wait and watch to see what the reasons are for such a drop. It could be as simple as the price of uranium and rare earths dropping. Let us be patient. Yes the price looks good here so a risky dip might be worth trying.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

BAITING THE FISH!

It is interesting to note how we can be so successful in our professional lives and yet when it comes to our personal lives we can really botch things up. Its obvious that the two lives are connected and it is important to maintain a balance on both faces as one affects the other.

Men generally are not geared in the same way as women are and its even more interesting that generations over perhaps the last ten thousand years have never been able to connect and respect each others nature.

Women for example; never say what they mean. They mean what they never say, and even more perplexing is that they depend on this grey area of telepathy to get the message over even when men appear to not only not be tuned in but they appear not to even have the radio on. Yet women strive to ensure the message is passed by this method despite the fact that the transmission is never received. They more often then not will answer a question with a question. It frustrates men to a great extent never to get a direct answer.

Most arguments appear to be over petty things. Women have this insane necessity to talk and are adamant that their men listen. Men on the other hand will zone out after the first thirty seconds and change the channel entirely.

Here are some of the things you should be interested in finding out about your wife or girlfriend, because I assure you that she will find these things out about the man she is in love with; favorite color, favorite food, date you first met, date of your first fight, birth date, the color of your eyes (Yes, something we men appear to take for granted), your shirt size, your trouser size, your under wear size, your shoe size, the type of socks, your favorite restaurant, and the list goes on, so how many of us men actually know these things about the lady we profess to love? Actually they expect us to know all of this. They expect us to be in touch with our feminine side.

To be honest our priorities are completely different. Give us a car and we will give all the options available, the engine size, the models that have come out throughout the years, the motocycles we like and their various variations, our mouths fall agap when we see a beautiful motorbike and yet we will forget a beautiful woman in a few minutes after she passes. We are not fussy about food (well unless you are Hannibal), we really do not care whether we take our shoes off on the left or the right, we are not fussed if our socks are worn out or we wear them a few times without washing, We love our boots, but we don’t need 15 pairs of them, we prefer to break one pair in and the older they are the more comfortable they are and that goes for our jeans too. We need five pairs of socks and the rest of our underwear in a couple of pairs and we are done, we don’t replace until its worn out or torn to shreds. We prefer a great set of tools, and more worried about those than how to place the mats, the list is endless. Still if you want to be happy and keep peace in the house, invest in a good intelligent smart phone and take the time and put all these details in and use them on the occasions to give something to your wife. Most important of all do not forget anniversaries and the biggest sin you can do is forget the children’s birthdays. The Anniversary and I mean of everything is the next most important thing, no don’t fuss just celebrate them as they come along. A bunch of flowers a card there…its all the cost of trading.

You may well ask what has all this to do with trading? Well there is a reason to bringing up all of the above. First we must have a conducive environment in the house, because most retail traders will trade from home. Very few if any will have an office set up outside to do so. If you do then obviously this is more conducive to trading, but in the house one breaches personal space all the time. There is a constant invasion of this space which will span across the entire room. Traders require to give complete focus to the trade and this requires mental peace which is very often not there. More often than not trades go wrong because ones thoughts were interrupted as some out of context discussion began and there ends the concentration. Arguments and issues replay in our minds not allowing us to focus on ideas or ongoing trades, all these issues undermine the trader.

If however the lady of the house is happy and is settled and understands your requirement then she may leave you in peace to get on with what is required of you, which is to become a good trader. If your mind is focused on domestic issues they will never let you concentrate on your trading and the results may reflect this. The truth is it is not her who needs to change but you who needs to adjust yourself to make the environment more friendly. One must have a balance in their family life that will enable them to have a balance in their trading life.

Each day spend at least half an hour preparing your mind for the time ahead, by sitting in a lotus position, but if you are unable to do so find a comfortable but upright seat, close your eyes and focus on the blackness removing all thoughts from your mind and focus. This half hour of practice will enable your mind to refresh and be ready for concentrating on the task ahead.

I was invited to go fishing in Lake Naivasha in Kenya some years ago. Now you need to understand that I am not a fishing individual but was willing to try anything once. So when my French Archery friend invited me to come fishing, I took him up on it. Being clueless I followed his advice and we got some bait, the lake is not known for giants but one can catch Tilapia and a few other breeds though the lake has been somewhat exhausted. We got into the boat and went along the shore looking for shadow areas to try our luck. I watched my friend throw in bait after bait and patiently watched as each one got nibbled and lost and the line would be brought in again to place another. We tried many areas and after four hours of rowing I was tired and fed up. I tried my luck and as my friend Arnaud, I came up nil, still it was an experience, We continued to the other side of the lake avoiding the hippos on the shore line as encountering one of these ponderous beasts is a given that you will be on the loosing side. We tried our luck in the reeds surrounding the lake and by this time we were actually running out of bait. I queried Arnaud, as to what a waste it would be and he smiled at my impatience and continued to try his luck, the system at Naivasha now is to catch and release after measuring and photographing so that the fisheries department can monitor the fish population. After an hour we moved back towards the shadows on the near side so we rowed away for another hour and once we got back into the shadows we went at it again. My frustration was apparent at the waste of a day with nothing to show for it but Arnaud persisted. “He is a stubborn fool”; I thought, and went back to reading a paperback I had brought for just such an occasion. Arnaud smiled and took the last bait we had and threw the line in, suddenly the line went taut, and Arnaud jerked back the rod and there was a fight on. He struggled with the rod for some fifteen minutes and eventually a dark body about two feet long emerged from the shallows to the surface it suddenly dove down under the boat and we struggled to get the rod on the other side while avoiding the line getting tangled in rocks and branches underneath, another 10 minutes passed before we could finally get hold of the fish and bring it on board. At that point my friend observed me once more looking at the bait bucket. He turned around to me gasping for breath and said; “Its not about the bait or how much you loose of it but the fish you catch.”

I thought about that incident for a long while and it stuck in my head. The moral for our trades is similar. Its not about the number of baits we do loose when we make a play, its about the one we catch and hold that counts. No matter how sure you are of a play, bait it first. That way should you loose one of the baits you got plenty more to try. When it does go your way do not be afraid to let out the line and add more to the play. Risk management in stocks and currencies is very important, so calculate the risk you are able to take and when everything is set, go for it, but test it first. Bait the hook and test if the play is going to bite. If it does not bite all you loose is the bait.

There is another point that I need to make and this is in regards to the account size one has and how I would suggest you enter your trades. It may sound stupid but sometimes we are prone to taking risks. Therefore let us look at two different account sizes. For this example I will use stock trades. Take two accounts one that has US$1000.00 while another has US$ 10,000.00.

If you go long on a particular stock where the stock is worth 1.00 dollar per share, and purchase 100 shares that means you now have 900 dollars in your account and 100 dollars in a stock. If the stock now moves down to $0.80 and you loose 20 cents that equates to 20 dollars. In terms of percentage you just lost 2 percent of your total account value. It does not seem much but it is. Now take the same trade on the 10,000 dollar account and I use the same percentage so I purchase $1000.00 worth of shares I loose 200 dollars on that trade. In terms of percentage that is the same. However it’s a bigger impact on the mind as opposed to 20 dollars. This leads to the issue of time. The smaller the trade account the smaller the trade requires to be applied and the longer an individual requires to remain in the trade both for profit or loss. This is dependent on your psychological resistance to loss. (Its in the mind)

If we had a 100,000 dollar account a 20 cent gain on the same percentage means a 10,000 dollar trade and a 2000 dollar gain. The person with bigger account can trade shorter periods and still make meaningful gains but the smaller account holder can’t and therefore requires to trade with a much smaller percentage and a longer term hold. So a 1000 dollar account holder may trade only 50 shares hold on for a longer period and gain 20 cents. This means he will make 10 dollars which is 10% return but only a 1% gain. That equates to a reasonable return on his investment but an insignificant one on his account, he therefore needs to wait longer for significant returns and trend for longer periods.

The larger account holder will actually feel more tension and so may take out for shorter term gains and usually does. He may only take 5 cents of profit and still be happy with a 200 dollar return. He could do this several times in a week adding from a few hundred dollars a week to a few thousand dollars of gain a month. It makes sense to have a reasonable amount in your account, but it also makes sense to understand your own nature as to how much risk is acceptable. Even small account holders can do well but they must not be disappointed with the actual figures rather consider the return in terms of percentage, and build up your account slowly. It is feasible and slowly one can see the money grow. Smaller account holders by their very nature will be more willing to hold out while larger traders will be itchy to take profits. The larger the account the smaller the risk you are willing to take and the smaller the account the larger the risk you will be forced to take. However the signficance of this is that it trains you to look for trends and trains you to not have itchy fingers when your account does grow big. Just look at percentages not actual figures.

Two news items this week may have had an impact on the uranium sector. The first was the news from Bloomberg in regards to Japan, where the regulatory board for nuclear power stations safety gave the green light for restarting two nuclear power stations. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...unding-on-japan-nuclear-reactor-restarts.html The second piece of news was that Cameco was once more shutting down cigar lake temporarily as the water underground has not frozen enough for them to continue mining. http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...update-on-cigar-lake-mine-tsx-cco-1930233.htm Prices of CCJ, DNN and PALAF or PDN.TO jumped between 7%to 10% on the 16th of July almost right on schedule to what I had said earlier in April. As you will note from the chart I posted earlier of Cameco the price has penetrated the cloud and this may be an opportunity to make some money on both DNN and CCJ. So this can be considered a heads up of a possible move or reversal beginning. Take your time and wait for corrections before making an entry so that you are up from the moment you enter and have a better opportunity to profit. On the other hand we now have a pin bar reversal possibility on CCJ so it may be simply due to the Japan approval news and this may falter, so for the time being we simply need to watch and wait. I do not see any unusual volumes occurring so will wait patiently.

Gold made an attempt to break out but there was resistance at 1350.00, now bouncing off it has moved back towards the major support area of 1285.00 currently at 1305.00. If gold breaks below the box between 1285.00 and 1250.00 we could see a retest of the 1185.00 area. I would be buying at any of these resistance points. The majority of retail sector is bullish but the market makers are bearish and continue to push for a lower price. On Thursday the price bounced as news of a Malaysian Airline plane being shot on the Russian Border came through. Price jumped 20 dollars. On this we could see a retest of the 1350 area possibly by the end of Friday. If the 1325 area is not broken we could see a reversal to 1300-1285. Well Friday passed and gold continued to move in the 1300-1315 area and it still trying to find direction. Usually gold is preempted by the underlying stocks so its good to keep track on the direction the gold and silver stocks are going which often gives us a good indication of the direction of gold a little ahead.

One of the companies I have been keeping a watch on and mentioned several times was Novo Resources. Some may have purchased shares or warrants in this company. Please note that they have just issued out a news letter to expedite the expiration here is the news letter http://novoresources.com/pdf/news/2014-07-17.pdf this appears to have had an affect on the price perhaps and last Friday the price fell by 20 cents or nearly 20%. I am waiting to see if this has been due to the price of gold dropping suddenly or the warrants or a combination of both. Warrants are issued by companies to raise capital and when a company goes back to the markets to raise capital may indicate that they are in trouble, the reason in this case is something different. The company has a clause in the agreement when the warrants were issued that should the price remain above 1.20 for at least twenty days than they will accelerate the process allowing the warrants to be exercised at an earlier date at price of 0.90. I think Novo has massive potential (Ok I agree most companies I mention have massive potential before they go bust) and to add more ingredients to the mix Newmont has 35% share in the company and that adds a lot of weight. Please keep an eye on Novo NSRPF (US).

Good well developed and established companies usually make announcements as to why the price of their stock is dropping, exploration companies due to the volatility and size often do not pay too much attention naively believing it is the nature of the game and that investors should be aware of the risk, but they fail to understand that investors have long memories and will keep that in mind when the company comes back to the market to raise capital. Public companies should have a responsibility to investors and potential investors alike to clearly try and explain the huge movements of their stock, a failure to do so shows a lack of responsibility on their part and complete lack of consideration of their clients. Greenland minerals stock price has dropped like a rock but as yet there has been no news from the company as to why the price has dropped and thereby does not boost confidence. I would be a buyer of the stock when I do have some indication that support has been reached and a reversal is possible. A toe dip is all I am prepared to so at this point. Currently trading at 9 cents. Keep an eye on it, it could simply be uranium prices or could be something more. I do not think GL has the capacity to raise the capital to turn this deposit into a mine. Yes they do have support from the Chinese, but is it enough to allow them to finance the project? As far as I can make out they do not have the capability to raise capital to fund a mine at present. Should prices for Uranium begin to rise and maintain above 60 dollars on the spot we may see a better opportunity. In view of this GGG.AX or GDLNF (US) is simply a bet at below 5 cents. Still in a down trend. Please watch this stock. This is especially important considering the two leaders in production and exploration are rising while this little explorer is falling. This means something may be wrong with the company and the price action is telling us to watch but not to invest in the company. Never let greed get the better of you.

While many will have forgotten about Paladin resources, we have to remind our selves that this is still a producer and there is always the potential for this little stock to jump up. In terms of producers on the market there are very few, a couple of smaller ones in the US and a couple in Canada. Australia has a few but besides that there are very few proper producers that are up on stock exchanges. Almost 15% of the worlds uranium is produced by Cemeco and BHP Biliton makes up as another major producer followed by Rio Tinto with the Ranger Mine in terms of ones you can invest in. Khazastan is the largest producer but we cannot invest there. This struggle means that there are relatively very few producers out there and if the price begins to move up there would be a mass movement to get in to very few stocks that are around. There are very few large scale commercially viable deposits of Uranium out there that one can invest into. Four companies stand out; Dennison mines, Fission energy, Greenland minerals and A-cap resources. Dennison due to its high concentration find at wheeler river, Fission energy for exactly the same reasons, Greenland for its unique combination of rare earth and Uranium find in Greenland and A-cap for its shallow and politically mining friendly, and politically stable find in Botswana. Of these four, A-cap may be the first to develop a mine. They are already ahead of the crowd and licensing in the country of Botswana is easier than in the other countries. While the concentration is far lower, the size and shallow depth of the deposit means it will be cheaper to mine this deposit and quicker.

It appears as if we have some movement based on the news that approval has been given on two reactors in Japan. I have attached a chart for you to see which has the quick rather than the slow Ichimuku (thank you dpong) which was pointed out to me early this morning. Apply the slow ichimuku cloud parameters which are 18,52,104 which will show that the candle has probably not crossed, but in my chart as a heads up I have used albeit accidentally the original parameters. ON the MACD you can also slow it down using 30,65,23 and update the stockchart on www.stockcharts.com.

I will be unable to write up any more articles in the coming month as I will be indisposed. I will try to make some comments during the time where possible.

I wish all of you a good trading week.

SAGI:cool1::beerglass:

Attachments

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Time To Take A Quick Look At Denison Mines
Jul. 20, 2014 1:00 PM ET | 8 comments | About: Denison Mines Corp (DNN)

Disclosure: The author has no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)
Summary

The biggest obstacle now faced by Denison Mines and the uranium industry is a psychological one.
Once Japan brings a couple of reactors back on line, we could see a huge jump in share price.
Over the long term Denison and uranium are still very strong, as the fundamentals of nuclear power haven't changed.
It's been a long time since uranium and Denison Mines has been in the thinking of the vast majority of investors - even commodity investors, as Japan in particular has been extremely slow to bring its reactors back on line, and so a big portion of the market has no uranium demand. I believe that's going to change, and it's probably not too far off into the future; quite possibly by the end of 2014.

The wait has been so long that those that understand uranium demand are ready to pounce on the sector once the first hint of some of Japan's reactors getting cleared for use.

Over the long term there is absolutely no doubt there is going to create great demand for uranium, which will result in the spot price soaring once again. Among the many countries either building or have plans to build nuclear reactors are China, the U.S., India, Great Britain, South Africa, Russia, United Arab Emirates, Turkey and Saudi Arabia. A number of reactors are under construction at this time, and many more will be constructed over the next decade.

Since I consider all uranium miners a risk at this time, my favorite is Denison (NYSEMKT:DNN), as it has some solid holdings, and can move up quickly in response to positive news. It of course can just as quickly correct when the catalysts are negative.

When I mention all uranium miners are a risk, there are of course some less of a risk than others. But if you're going to invest your risk capital into a company, I think it may as well be in one that has a lot of upside potential. Dension is all of that.

Now once uranium demand returns and the current psychological barrier is weakened, some of the larger players like Cameco won't be as risky. That will take time.

While almost all companies with exposure to uranium will benefit from the upcoming return of nuclear power in Japan, those with the heaviest exposure will obviously jump in response to the expected announcement some time in the near future.

What has generated this interest and probability of some of the reactors restarting was a report from Japan's Nuclear Regulation Authority, which said the reactors at Kyushu Electric Power Co.'s Sendai facility in the southern part of the country have successfully passed safety inspections.

(click to enlarge) source: StockCharts.com

Supply and Demand

Some predict the uranium surplus in 2014 will be as high as 10 million pounds. If that's the case, spot uranium prices are likely to be in the $30.00 to $31.00 per pound range.

But even with the surplus, there is no doubt suppliers will cut back on production, or hold on to uranium, which would result in the price going higher. As it is, they are losing about $60.00 per pound, and there's no way the industry will continue to sell at those prices. Some companies are even buying at spot prices in order to sell in the future, so they don't have to continue to lose money at that rate.

We're likely to see a little bit of a cat and mouse game over the next year or two, depending on how many of Japan's reactors are restarted. There is also the probability new reactors may come online, although many countries have been slow to start the new reactors after Fukushima.

For now though, there will continue to be a glut of uranium on the market.

Denison's Financial Position

At the end of the first quarter of 2014, Denison had a little over $20 million in cash available. According to its budget, it is going to spend about $20.5 million during the year. That means it's going to have to raise capital some way; either via equity or debt.

Another cost-cutting measure the company has taken is to put its projects at McClean and in the Midwest on hold because of the low price of uranium.

With solid uranium deposits under its control, Denison shouldn't have any problem raising more money. The question in the short term will be how it's going to allocate it. Some will undoubtedly have to be for defensive measures, but with about 430 new reactors expected to come launch over the next decade, it has to walk a fine line there so it doesn't miss out when demand soars again. There is no question it will, unless investors think the world is going to let the lights go out.

The point is Denison will have to do something this year to raise capital, and with its available resources it shouldn't be an issue for the company.

Renewed Interest in Denison

A number of hedge funds have taken an interest in Denison lately, and have backed it up with some significant positions in the company.

Among those are Third Avenue Management, which acquired 1.2 million shares of Denison in the first quarter. Sprott Asset Management added over 3.1 million shares, bringing its total position to over 4.9 million share.

This simply reinforces my thesis, which is there is no way uranium prices and miners can be held back much longer at these prices. Something will have to give, and that isn't going to be a drop in prices. It's only a matter of time, not if it's going to happen.

How is it Going to Play Out?

Even though there is renewed interest and Denison and uranium, the cloud over the industry still hasn't left, but it's starting to dissipate because of market forces.

That said, I don't see a sudden surge in share price happening with Denison, even though there are rumblings that this sector is getting closer to taking off. This isn't going to happen until something tangible is announced, and not just assumed.

Even so, the share price of Denison has climbed from $1.21 on July 15, 2014, to $1.32 on July 18. This will probably continue in anticipation of an announced restarting of the two Japanese nuclear reactors.

The problem here is we don't know if this is going to happen really quick, of if the historically conservative Japanese may give it some more time. It's a tough call because if the market decides it's not going to happen as soon as it thinks, the share price will come crashing down as quickly as it has went up.

Price Points

That sets things up for investors to make a decision on whether or not they're going to stick with Denison over the long haul, or they want to make some quick money.

If you're interested in holding Denison, this is as good a price point as any, because there is no doubt whatsoever it's going to take off when Japan eventually makes the announcement.

Denison and uranium can have a lot of emotion connected to them, and when the emotions get positive, it can perform disproportionate to the fundamentals of the company.

Now that the company has jumped over 9% in a couple of days, it has become a little more risky for those wanting to get in and make a quick profit. Bulls may continue to drive the share price up, or may decide to take some money off the table. If they do, Denison is going to come back down.

Conclusion

The market wants uranium to go up, and Denison is one of the favorites of investors wanting to make some quick money in that sector, and also for those that look at the resources under its management and like its long-term prospects.

Probably more than any other uranium miner at this time, Denison has the most upside. So when the market recovers, it's going to get a strong boost from it.

Over the shorter term, I could see it rising to about the $1.50 mark, which would be $0.18 over where it closed on July 17. Unless the market starts to believe it's going to take longer than originally believed for Japan to restart its reactors, this is a good price to look for. If it starts to believe it's going to take longer, I see it falling back to around the $1.20 mark.

For the longer outlook, those getting in at these prices are still going to eventually make a lot of money on the company, as uranium prices are probably going to at least double over the next couple of years, and that will be a major catalyst for the company, as it gets closer to production.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
STOCK ALERT:
CCJ (USA) CCO.TO (TORONTO-CANADA)

CAMECO CHART IS SHOWING A POSSIBLE PINBAR REVERSAL. FOR THOSE IN PROFIT HAVING INVESTED AFTER RECENT BREAKS PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND TAKE PROFITS AND PLACE STOP LOSSES TO BREAK EVEN IN THE EVENT THAT A PROPER REVERSAL DOES OCCUR FROM HERE. LOOK FOR SIMILAR PINBARS ON OTHER URANIUM RELATED CHARTS.

SAGI

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
SAGI,
If you have a minute, can I get your opinion or thoughts on EMX.V, Eurasian Minerals?
They are a very strange company to me. I don't fully understand their business model. This stock has been suggested by a successful advisement company, but I don't want to touch it unless I understand what I'm putting money into. They seem to be a royalty company, but I know nothing at all about royalty companies. Would this stock even be considered a royalty company? And if so, in your opinion, is there anything in particular to watch out for when dealing with companies like this?
Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated. This one has me stumped.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Australia's Queensland resumes uranium mining

Cecilia Jamasmie | July 31, 2014

Industrial platform for uranium production.

The Queensland State Government in Australia revealed Thursday it will begin accepting applications for uranium mining, vowing it will not be exported via any of the state’s ports.

State premier Campbell Newman also announced plans to reopen the abandoned Mary Kathleen Mine, which has remained closed since 1982. The idea behind the move is to unlock “significant deposits” of rare earth elements, according to the document.

Uranium mining was banned in Queensland in 1983. Exploration was gradually allowed again, but with severe restrictions on development and production. Then downturn hit the industry, causing massive job losses and Newman decided he was ready to stop the ban.

the uranium sector has the potential to create a large number of construction and operational jobs.

According to the government, the uranium sector has the potential to create a large number of construction and operational jobs.

“More jobs are now being created in Queensland than in any other state and the return of uranium mining will help ensure we remain Australia’s jobs powerhouse for the long term,” Mines Minister Andrew Cripps said in a statement.

Nuclear energy production and waste disposal will remain banned.

Prices for the radioactive commodity are at a nine-year low, falling 60% since the 2011 Fukushima disaster. They hit a low on May 19 at $28 per pound, the lowest since May 2005. And they are still hovering there, down 18% this year alone.

Image by AlexKZ

http://www.mining.com/australias-queensland-resuming-uranium-mining-34400/

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
European Uranium Signs Joint Venture with Forte Energy on Slovak Uranium Properties

European Uranium Resources Ltd. 9 hours ago

VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

European Uranium Resources Ltd. ("EUU") (EUU.V) announced on June 16, 2014 that it had entered into a binding letter of intent (the “LOI”) with ASX and AIM listed Forte Energy NL (“Forte”) whereby Forte will earn a 50% interest in the Company’s Slovakia uranium projects. The interest will be held through ownership of 50% of EUU’s currently wholly-owned Slovak subsidiaries, Ludovika Energy and Ludovika Mining, which hold the mineral licenses comprising the Kuriskova and Novoveska Huta uranium projects.

The parties have on July 31, 2014 executed a definitive agreement to replace the LOI and have mutually agreed to extend the payment of $475,000 by Forte to EUU to August 14, 2014, rather than July 31, 2014. Forte must sole fund a minimum of $350,000 a year on the Ludovika entities over the next ten years with the first year’s expenditure of $350,000 being an obligation.

EUROPEAN URANIUM RESOURCES LTD.

"Dusty Nicol"
Dorian L. (Dusty) Nicol, President and CEO

For further information please contact: Dorian (Dusty) Nicol, at (604) 536-2711, or visit www.euresources.com.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

• Finance
  • Investment & Company Information

Dorian (Dusty) Nicol, 604-536-2711

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/european-uranium-signs-joint-venture-060000164.html

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
SAGI,
If you have a minute, can I get your opinion or thoughts on EMX.V, Eurasian Minerals?
They are a very strange company to me. I don't fully understand their business model. This stock has been suggested by a successful advisement company, but I don't want to touch it unless I understand what I'm putting money into. They seem to be a royalty company, but I know nothing at all about royalty companies. Would this stock even be considered a royalty company? And if so, in your opinion, is there anything in particular to watch out for when dealing with companies like this?
Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated. This one has me stumped.
Give me a couple of days and I will look into it Jelly.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Give me a couple of days and I will look into it Jelly.
I did some more research and realized I was way off. Its a project generator, not a royalty company. Its an interesting business model. I need to do some more research and see how well these types of companies perform.
Mirasol is another one

I will be doing more research on these. They are intriguing companies. My main question that I will try to answer is if these types of companies will outperform a growing mining company on an increase in the price of gold/silver, or lag?

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I did some more research and realized I was way off. Its a project generator, not a royalty company. Its an interesting business model. I need to do some more research and see how well these types of companies perform.
Mirasol is another one

I will be doing more research on these. They are intriguing companies. My main question that I will try to answer is if these types of companies will outperform a growing mining company on an increase in the price of gold/silver, or lag?
Difficult to say. First of all all it has is 11 million in the bank. Difficult to purchase royalties with that amount. Second its been lagging when price of gold was up last year. Have a look at SAND. they work similarly to SLW and consider Sabina resources which sold their heckitt river silver project but retained a percentage of the silver when it is mined.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
STOCK ALERT:
CCJ (USA) CCO.TO (TORONTO-CANADA)

CAMECO CHART IS SHOWING A POSSIBLE PINBAR REVERSAL. FOR THOSE IN PROFIT HAVING INVESTED AFTER RECENT BREAKS PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND TAKE PROFITS AND PLACE STOP LOSSES TO BREAK EVEN IN THE EVENT THAT A PROPER REVERSAL DOES OCCUR FROM HERE. LOOK FOR SIMILAR PINBARS ON OTHER URANIUM RELATED CHARTS.

SAGI
I had mentioned the above a few days ago. CCJ has since dropped and appears to be finding support around 19.50. It has not cleared the slow parameters cloud so we are still awaiting for it to either drop below 18.50 possible drop below that to around 15 to buy some.
I hope everyone took heed of the early warning provided for this stock.

SAGI;)

fat panther

Silver Member
Silver Miner
From Casey

Overall, the most recent sanctions from the US and EU on Russia are the toughest to date. But the sanctions imposed by the EU differ in many respects from those that Obama has authorized. Rather than getting into a debate of what effects the sanctions might have, let’s look at what the ones in place thus far have already done.

Since January 1, 2014, the Russian ruble has depreciated by almost 10% against the US dollar. And more importantly, the countries that are strategically aligned with the Russians, such as Kazakhstan, have seen their currencies suffer a similar fate.

Is a depreciating currency bad?

Not if you’re an exporting nation, such as Kazakhstan, which is the world’s largest producer of uranium.

Kazakhstan’s currency, the tenge, has depreciated at twice the Russian ruble’s rate, down by almost 20% since January. This past quarter, the Kazakhs have produced almost 15 million pounds of uranium and are on target to produce just under 60 million pounds for the year. That’s almost 40% of the world’s primary uranium production.

Having a currency that has depreciated that much means the Kazakhs are now making almost 20% more for every pound of uranium they sell. Who controls all of the Kazakh uranium production? Mother Russia, that’s who.

So how does this affect America? In a very serious way, which will have serious, long-term, negative effects.

It’s not just I who thinks this. Former Texas Congressman Ron Paul had this to say:

The US government’s decision to apply more sanctions on Russia is a grave mistake and will only escalate an already tense situation, ultimately harming the US economy itself. While the effect of sanctions on the dollar may not be appreciated in the short term, in the long run these sanctions are just another step toward the dollar’s eventual demise as the world’s reserve currency.

How are the sanctions already hitting home? Well, for example, one in every five American homes is powered by nuclear energy, and almost half of that derives from Russia-controlled uranium mines. 10% of all homes in the US depend on nuclear energy that gets its feedstock—uranium—via Russia or a close ally.

And that’s not about to change.

There is no new mine or existing producing uranium mine in America today that can make a decent profit at current spot uranium prices of US$28.75 per pound. To make matters worse, Obama and his administration have been flooding the domestic market with sales of uranium from the Department of Energy stockpiles. Why is the DoE selling off its inventory? Here’s our take on the subject in detail, but essentially the DOE is selling uranium into the market to raise money to fix past problems.

To accomplish that, the DoE isn’t just sacrificing current uranium mines, but also most of the future US deposits. I’ll explain why.

The absolute most difficult mine to put into production is a uranium mine. The permitting hurdles are much higher and more difficult than for any other metal, such as copper, gold, and iron. Before a mine gets to the production stage, it takes about 10 years to develop the asset, obtain all permits, and then construct the mine. Fewer than 1 in 1,000 projects ever becomes an economic mine.

Because the uranium sector has been so beaten down, most US producers have had to hedge a portion of their production to utilities to get money and lock in a price for a portion of future production.

Unfortunately, the current underfeeding market means the Russians can reprocess five times more uranium, from tails instead of mines, for essentially no cost increase. Uranium has become supercharged because of the depreciating Russian and Kazakh currencies, combined with Obama’s genius move of dumping DoE’s uranium into a historically low price market. Net result: producers are essentially depleting their US domestic permitted uranium reserves for no economic benefit.

The Cure for Low Prices Is Low Prices
The Russians have received a pleasant reward from the sanctions—a devalued currency which now makes their uranium exports more profitable. Why does this matter to Americans?

Eventually, the underfeeding uranium market will transition to overfeeding, which will cause a big spike in the uranium spot price, as it always has in the past. The current US production is around 4 million pounds of uranium annually, which is almost 15 times less than what Kazakhstan produces in a year.

Current US producers are being forced to deplete their reserves at historic lows if they’re hedged. And, also because of uneconomic current prices, very few new projects are moving forward in the US.

At some point, America will be squeezed for uranium, as it is the world’s largest consumer, and it currently imports 90% of what it consumes annually.

With only modest domestic production and the drawdown of DoE stockpiles, where will the metal come from? Russia and Russian-influenced sources. When overfeeding hits and the spot price turns around, US producers that have remained unhedged will benefit. Those that have mines which are built, permitted, and in a position to produce uranium will return significant gains for shareholders.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hey guys, long time no chat. Sorry.

Was sitting out back around the campfire sipping on some gin and got to thinking... (as we do around a campfire) when I realized that some of the most relaxing times I've had around these parts has been right here.

Funny how a real world environment brings back good online memories.

Hope everyone and their families here have been doing well, and I'll try not to be quite the stranger.

SB

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Mount Polley spurs call for uranium tailings check
http://www.mining.com/mount-polley-spurs-call-for-uranium-tailings-check-18374/

NexGen Energy site visit: all signs point to arrow

CEO.CA | August 22, 2014

For over a year we’ve been following NexGen Energy’s (NXE:TSXV) potential to discover the next high-grade uranium deposit. Last week, we attended the inaugural analyst site visit at their high-grade uranium discovery called Arrow, at Rook I, the company’s Northwest Saskatchewan project in the Athabasca Basin, home to the world’s richest uranium mines.

The project is located next door to Fission Uranium’s Patterson Lake South (PLS) discovery, which is both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, being next door to a project of that potential size and grade is always great because everyone knows mineralization doesn’t stop at property borders. On the flipside, investors have been spoiled by a barrage of news releases on spectacularly high-grade uranium intercepts from PLS, which makes standing out that much more challenging for NexGen.

NexGen executives — Leigh Curyer (President and CEO), Garrett Ainsworth (Vice-President of Exploration) and James Sykes (Senior Project Geologist) among them — treated a group of investors and analysts to an in-depth information session on the company’s summer drill program and its recent high-grade uranium find. Here’s what we learned.

NexGen has a highly prospective land package in the world’s best uranium producing region and is run by an accomplished management team.

The company has significant land packages at both the historic east and southwest sides of the Athabasca Uranium Basin. It holds an option to earn an initial 70% interest in theRadio property, which is on trend with Rio Tinto’s NE Saskatchewan Roughrider deposit (indicated resources: 17.2Mlbs at 1.98% U308 and inferred resources: 30.13Mlbs at >11.00% U308).

NexGen holds a 100% interest in the Rook I project, which hosts Arrow. The Rook I claims are part of a total package that make up the largest single SW Athabasca Basin land position. Fission plans to publish a maiden resource estimate before year-end. Analysts believe their PLS deposit hosts between 50 and 200 million pounds of high-grade uranium.

Garrett Ainsworth, 34, and his father Ben are credited as co-discovers of the PLS deposit. The younger Ainsworth joined NexGen as VP of Exploration earlier this year after his company Alpha Minerals merged with Fission, consolidating the PLS discovery. He attributes his passion for early-stage discoveries as one of the reasons he chose to join NexGen.

Geologist James Sykes is Ainsworth’s point man running the program on-site, and was with Hathor Exploration when it discovered the Roughrider uranium deposit (sold to Rio Tinto for $650 million in 2011. Sykes remained with Rio, then joined NexGen in 2013).

NexGen’s Rook I is showing very encouraging results

The company first drilled at Rook I about a year ago with 12 holes, 11 of which found significant clay and hematite alteration. But it wasn’t until early 2014 that NexGen discovered uranium mineralization at Arrow with RK-14-21.

They have since reported a near-100% hit rate at the Arrow discovery, with 25 of 27 holes hitting uranium. Their latest assay from hole AR-14-15 intersected two different mineralized zones from 564 metres to 626 metres deep, including 22.35 metres of 3.42% U308. NexGen has outlined a 515 by 215 metre mineralized zone which is open at depth, where grades appear to be improving, and in all other directions.

NexGen has detected the presence of dravite at Arrow, which is typically associated with the world’s highest-grade uranium deposits, including McArthur River and Cigar Lake.

Arrow is young

The Arrow discovery is in its infancy — it’s six months old. In fact, the whole district is very young to drilling.

As Mr. Sykes put it, “The southwest part of the Basin is like the east side was in the 70s when all the big discoveries were made.” Although there have only been a few holes drilled into Arrow, the amount of high-grade uranium mineralization NexGen has encountered has some of the industry’s best-known uranium analysts and investors excited, including Dundee, Cormark, Pinetree Capital, Raymond James and others.

With its expanded summer 2014 drill program, NexGen hopes to learn enough from Arrow to develop a plan in the fall that they can aggressively pursue this winter. Rook I has many interesting, prospective geophysical targets and NexGen’s technical team is only restricted by the number of available drill rigs they have – three currently, all of which are drilling Arrow.

Why Rook I rocks

The Rook I property is the largest land package located in the most exciting uranium play on the planet (Exhibit 1). Average uranium grades found in the area are many magnitudes higher than the global average of 0.04% to 0.08% U308 (World Nuclear Association). McArthur River, for instance, hosts a deposit with an average grade of 24% U308.

Exhibit 1: Rook I is part of a large land package NexGen holds in the southwest part of the Athabasca Basin

Arrow is located in the Hook Lake district (now referred to as the PLS district), on trend with and sandwiched between the massive PLS discovery to the south and the Hook Lake project to the north. The northern properties are owned, respectively, 39.5% by Cameco and AREVA, and 21% by Purepoint Uranium.

We are also starting to see similarities between Arrow and Eagle Point, the part of Cameco’s Rabbit Lake complex characterized by stacked, vertical, high-grade uranium mineralization. Dravite alteration also helped Cameco vector in on mineralized zones at Eagle Point (hosts 24 million pounds of uranium in reserves).

NexGen has tested only a fraction of their prospective geophysical targets (Exhibit 2). Their biggest restriction is their lack of drill equipment, which they plan to address during the fall technical meetings.

The discovery at Arrow validates NexGen’s property and makes its various other geophysical targets that much more intriguing. They will likely look to test targets outside of Arrow this winter.

Exhibit 2: A few of the geophysical targets on only a small portion of the Rook I land package:

A new discovery

Arrow is made up of stacked vertical mineralized shear zones which the company continues to test both vertically and laterally. They have identified a potentially 300 metre deep by 25 metre wide steeply dipping mineralized zone (which AR-14-15 intersected). The mineralization is open at depth and looks to improve there as well.

The latest assay from hole AR-14-15 makes the investment case for NexGen the strongest it has ever been. The company hit two highly anomalous high-grade uranium zones, which encountered as high as 55.8% U308 over 0.45 metres (Exhibit 3).

“You simply don’t get these grades if there wasn’t a massive inflow of hydrothermal fluids to concentrate the uranium to this extent,” VP of Exploration Ainsworth commented during the site trip.

Exhibit 3: Arrow discovery zone composited mineralized zones

When we visited the Arrow prospect, we were taken to the collar of hole AR-14-15, with Sykes and Ainsworth providing ample commentary on the deposit (Exhibit 4).

The hole was drilled as a “scissor” to holes RK-14-28, -30, -32, to further investigate the structural controls of mineralization at Arrow. Athabasca Group sandstone was intersected from 114.8 to 130.9 metres where local bleaching was observed approaching the unconformity at 130.9 metres. The basement rocks below consisted of primarily garnetiferous quartz-rich semipelitic to quartzitic gneiss varying to garnetiferous graphitic pelitic gneiss. Dravitic fracture coatings and quartz flooding features are intermittent throughout. Intense clay altered breccias are common throughout structural intervals.

Again, the significance of strong dravite alteration and Athabasca sandstone should not be overlooked, given its frequent occurrence around the biggest and richest unconformity-linked deposits discovered to date. Fission has yet to find this sandstone at the PLS deposit.

Exhibit 4: Ainsworth standing at the collar of drill hole AR-14-15, the best hole to date

Hole AR-14-15 was drilled across and intersected the lower portions of the vertical mineralization. For the rest of the company’s summer program, it will be testing the hole’s vertical extension, as well as the other parallel zones that were encountered in previous drilling including in hole RK-14-37 (Exhibit 5).

Since the visit, the company released more holes that encountered highly anomalous radioactivity. These included: AR-14-27, -25 and 26. Hole AR-14-26 encountered the deepest mineralization to date and remains open below 797.2 metres.

The Arrow discovery is located on a large gravity low anomaly area in the middle of a fractured and offset VTEM conductor. They will be drilling across the fault structure, which is thought to be the cause of the offset of the VTEM conductor.

The recently drilled AR-14-21a aims to test the upper portions of that second vertical structure. It was drilled as a step-out to the northwest of known mineralization to expand the width of the Arrow zone. The unconformity between Athabasca Group sandstone and basement rock types was intersected at 126.0 m. The basement is comprised primarily of garnetiferous semipelitic to pelitic gneiss with graphitic intervals common between 438.4 to 464.8 m.

A total composite of 74.42 metres of mineralization, including 2.15 metres off-scale radioactivity, was intersected within a 281.1 metres section (from 288.9 to 570.0 metres). Assays are pending on this hole.

Hole AR-14-27 intersected 111.05 metres of total composite mineralization including 2.2 metres of off-scale radioactivity (>10,000 cps) within a 185.95 metres section (from 226.65 to 412.6 metres). Assays are also pending for this hole.

Exhibit 5: Part of the 0.45 metre interval that assays 55.8% U308 (hole AR-14-15) and is semi-massive uranium mineralization comprising mostly uraninite and coffinite

How NexGen plans on drilling targets fast and accurately

NexGen’s summer drill program is focused on efficiently exploring the newly discovered Arrow target to assess its continuity and size. By drilling angled holes, the company is identifying the geometry of the mineralization. They have already defined a 515-metrestrike length by 215-metre width (Exhibit 6).

Exhibit 6: Arrow drill hole locations against gravity survey

By: Travis McPherson

http://www.mining.com/web/nexgen-energy-site-visit-all-signs-point-to-arrow/

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Cameco mine shutdown spurs biggest rise in uranium price in 2 1/2 years
CHRISTOPHER DONVILLE
Bloomberg News
Published Thursday, Aug. 28 2014, 12:44 PM EDT

Uranium increased the most in more than 2 1/2 years after Cameco Corp. moved to temporarily shut its McArthur River mine, the world’s largest source of the nuclear fuel, amid a dispute with workers.

The price of U3O8 - a tradable form of uranium - rose 3.2 percent to $32.50 a pound today, the biggest gain since November 2011, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

MORE RELATED TO THIS STORY

Potential labour snag looms at Cameco’s Saskatchewan uranium mine
Cameco profit rises on sale of Bruce Power stake
ENERGY & MATERIALS As resources gain steam, money managers offer their picks

VIDEO
Video: Globe Now: Canada Post turns a profit, so union wonders why it's still abandoning door-to-door delivery

BANKING
Video: JPMorgan Chase confirms possible cyber attack

VIDEOPLAYLIST
COMMERCE & CREATIVITY
Cameco said Wednesday it started a “safe and orderly” shutdown of McArthur River in Saskatchewan and the nearby Key Lake mill after the United Steelworkers union said a strike will start on Aug. 30. The Canadian company said it doesn’t expect its move to affect 2014 deliveries and that it may draw on other sources of supply such as inventories.

McArthur River has the capacity to produce 18 million pounds of uranium a year, or about 10 percent of global demand, Edward Sterck, a London-based analyst at Bank of Montreal, said yesterday in a note to clients. The mine was the world’s largest by production last year, according to the World Nuclear Association.

The previous four-year labor contract at MacArthur River expired Dec. 31, according to Cameco. The lockout follows nine months of negotiations and more than 28 face-to-face meetings with the union, Mike Pulak, a USW spokesman, said Wednesday in an e-mail.

Pulak and Cameco spokesman Rob Gereghty didn’t immediately return calls for comment.

Still Low

Uranium prices are still 52 percent lower than just before the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami that led to the meltdown of three Japanese reactors and the suspension of the country’s nuclear power plants.

Cameco fell 0.7 per cent to C$21 in Toronto, extending its decline this year to 4.7 per cent.

Cameco, based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, is the largest uranium producer after Kazakhstan’s KazAtomProm, according to the World Nuclear Association.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
HEADS UP!

It appears as if Greenland Minerals is beginning to move up on unusual volumes based on the news that it succeeded in raising the full capital it was looking to raise as well as the Cameco issue. GGG.AX or GDLNF may possibly begin to move up from here for a little while let us see if the momentum can be maintained.

Regds

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
STOCK ALERT: WLC.TO OR WESTERN LITHIUM CORP ; Stock is 25% up today and over 4 times average volume. I will post more news as I get it for the time being it may be worthwhile to keep an eye on this stock.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Western Lithium Advances Nevada Lithium Supply With Demonstration Plant Startup
Western Lithium USA Corporation
19 hours ago

RENO, NEVADA--(Marketwired - Sep 8, 2014) - Western Lithium USA Corporation ("Western Lithium", the "Company") (WLC.TO)(WLCDF) is pleased to announce that it has commenced calcination of its lithium clays in the first of three planned campaigns to demonstrate the viability of extracting lithium on a large scale from its lithium-rich clay deposit in Nevada. The calcination is the first step to turn the lithium bearing clay into water soluble lithium sulphates, so that a brine can be produced through leaching. The 12 tons per day calcination plant is now operational, while the downstream leaching, crystallization and precipitation process is still under construction and expected to be operational in November 2014. The planned production of lithium compounds will continue through the fall and into the spring of 2015 to determine engineering parameters and equipment selection to complete a definitive feasibility study for the Company's US patented extraction process. Western Lithium will include a lithium hydroxide circuit, in addition to planned production of lithium carbonate, to meet potential new industry requirements.

The Company estimates that its planned annual production of up to 26,000 tonnes per year of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE) would meet lithium demand for between 500,000 to over 1 million electric cars, depending on the size of the automotive lithium-ion batteries. Furthermore, Western Lithium's property hosts inferred and historical lithium resources that extend for over 20 miles across Federal mining lithium claims in Nevada. This mineralization has not been included in mine planning to date creating the potential, subject to upgrading of the resource confidence levels of the material and development studies, for production expansion.

"With dozens of automotive and consumer electronics companies now planning product expansions using lithium-ion batteries, there is a basic requirement for incremental production of non-substitutable lithium molecules," said Jay Chmelauskas, CEO of Western Lithium. "We see the potential for Nevada to become a major international hub for lithium production. Recently announced plans to develop the world's largest lithium-ion battery manufacturing facility within the State of Nevada, provides possible synergies between our businesses. The State has an opportunity to capture the innovation and invention that is taking place across the lithium sector, and our demonstration plant is the next step to establish new technology and to create another significant new business in Nevada."

Approximately 165 tonnes of lithium clay will be calcined with a mix of anhydrite and dolomite, all shipped from Nevada, at a rate of 12 tonnes per day to a facility in Weimar, Germany. The calciner is 1 meter in diameter by 12 meters long and instrumented and operated by experts in thermal technology. The crystallization and precipitation plant is under construction at a facility that was previously used for lithium pilot testing in Sondershausen, Germany, and is expected to be operational in November 2014. The Company has spent the last several years advancing its lithium project to be ready for a demonstration campaign. Starting in 2011, large diameter (0.9 meter) drillholes were completed through the center of its Nevada lithium deposit to secure large bulk representative ore samples. In 2012, the Company completed a pre-feasibilty study that supported the economic basis for production that could make Nevada into a major new supply source for lithium. A detailed design for a lithium demonstration facility was completed in 2013, and procurement, construction and commissioning of the lithium demonstration plant is on-going through November, 2014, with lithium compound production expected by the end of 2014.

The Company is also commissioning its Hectatone™ organoclay plant, located in Fernley, Nevada that is expected to begin imminent production of specialty drilling fluid additives. Mechanical commissioning of the plant is underway and first production is expected by November 2014, based on current startup progress.

About the Company

Western Lithium is pursuing the opportunity to be a supplier of specialty drilling additive, HECTATONE™ and potentially other organoclays for the oil and gas industry, and in particular, to support the growth of high pressure high temperature, deep directional drilling applications. The Company is also developing its Kings Valley, Nevada lithium deposit into a strategic, scalable and reliable source of high quality lithium compounds. The Company is positioning itself as a major U.S.-based supplier to support the rising global demand for lithium that is expected from the increased use of hybrid/plug-in and electric vehicles.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
SAGI............I hope this is appropriate for the thread. If it's not let me know and I'll move it or have it moved. Enjoy your day :beerglass:

The American Town Battling To Bring Back Uranium Mining

[video=youtube_share;iHupoSATGvc]http://youtu.be/iHupoSATGvc[/video]

http://youtu.be/iHupoSATGvc

Published on Sep 11, 2014
Uranium Drive-In: The half-life of the American Dream

When a ghost-town in Colorado is proposed as the site for America's first new uranium mill in thirty years, the locals couldn't be happier. The promise of jobs after decades of hardship has the community looking towards a recovery of hope. But with a group of environmentalists blocking every step of the way, it soon becomes a battle of people versus planet. Offering no easy answers, this complex documentary asks who should decide the future of a place?

Watch the full film on jman.tv: https://jman.tv/film/5274/Uranium+Dri...

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
SAGI............I hope this is appropriate for the thread. If it's not let me know and I'll move it or have it moved. Enjoy your day :beerglass:

The American Town Battling To Bring Back Uranium Mining

[video=youtube_share;iHupoSATGvc]http://youtu.be/iHupoSATGvc[/video]

http://youtu.be/iHupoSATGvc

Published on Sep 11, 2014
Uranium Drive-In: The half-life of the American Dream

When a ghost-town in Colorado is proposed as the site for America's first new uranium mill in thirty years, the locals couldn't be happier. The promise of jobs after decades of hardship has the community looking towards a recovery of hope. But with a group of environmentalists blocking every step of the way, it soon becomes a battle of people versus planet. Offering no easy answers, this complex documentary asks who should decide the future of a place?

Watch the full film on jman.tv: https://jman.tv/film/5274/Uranium+Dri...
Dear Searcher not at all. All things Uranium critical or complimentary are good and accepted here. Helathy discussions/arguments are the way forward. You are always welcome to post here.

Thanks

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Uranium demand will return: Red Book
10 September 2014
Print Email

The latest edition of the Red Book, Uranium 2014: Resources, Production and Demand, from the Nuclear Energy Agency of the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD/NEA), which covers the market up to the end of 2012, has been published. It concludes that the existing uranium resource base exceeds projected requirements for the forseeable future.
In the near-term, predicting demand growth is particularly uncertain because China has not released its nuclear growth plans after 2020, and reactor restarts remain unclear in Japan.
At present, Fukushima has hurt public confidence, and resulted in the need for capital expenditures for improved safety. The large supply of unconventional gas in North America and the hesitancy of investment following the global financial crisis has made nuclear power less competitive in deregulated markets, the report says.
"Government and market policies that recognise the benefits of low-carbon electricity production and the security of energy supply provided by nuclear power plants could help alleviate these competitive pressures, but it is not yet clear when and how widely such measures can be adopted. Nuclear power nonetheless is projected to grow considerably in regulated electricity markets with increasing electricity demand and a growing need for clean air electricity generation."
In the long-term (to 2035), uranium demand will have to continue to grow, the report argues, because of the electricity demand due to population growth, particularly in developing countries. The Red Book projects that world nuclear electricity generating capacity by 2035 is expected to increase between 7 per cent on the low and 82 per cent on the high side.
Total identified uranium resources have increased by more than 7% since 2011, adding almost ten years of global reactor requirements to the existing resource base, but the majority of the increases occurred in resource categories with higher production costs, according to the report.
This increased resource base has been identified thanks to a 23% increase in uranium exploration and mine development expenditures between 2010 and 2012, it says.
Global uranium mine production between 2010 and 2012 increased by 7.6%, which is a lower rate of growth compared to the last reporting period, but increases were again mainly the result of rising production in Kazakhstan, currently the world's leading producer, it says.
To minimise the social and environmental impacts, efforts are being made to develop transparent, safe, secure and well-regulated operations, it says.
The 500-page report, the agency's 25th, is available for free download by clicking the link HERE.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
COFFEE WITH CARROT HEAD!

THE MOST POPULAR PRODUCT IN THE WORLD.

Good Morning! Ever since my return from the USA I have been confounded by what I saw going through some of the poorest states there. A lot of people believe that the streets of the USA are lined with gold. The truth is that there is gold there but its of a different kind and perhaps people take it too much for granted or simply forget about it as its there all the time. The real gold in the USA is within …..its constitution. TRhe rights its provides for every citizen there. In fact I do not know a single other country that provides so much freedom to its citizens. There in itself lies the real treasure of the USA. It is rich and land is plenty….and available. Where ever I went there was land for sale. It is amazing because in countries such as the UK plots of land are hardly ever available and if they are, they come with a lot of baggage or restrictions that literally stop you from actually doing anything with it except look at it. Well I can look at it for free regardless of owning it anyway. I do not need to add my hard earned money to a dead investment. I met up with an old friend who happen to work with an organization that is well known and supposed to be secretive.

It is truly strange how all my friends and brethren by marriage who happen to work in organizations which work with national or international security always work with logistics. Really? Guys! you seriously could not come up with another more appropriate yet indescribable job description?

There is a place in Nairobi which happens to be a double story building with a hell of a lot of antennas and a hell of a lot of satellite dishes, one of my friends happened to work there and I thought I would niggle him knowing what the answers would be anyway, but still when we were on the Archery field every thing goes. His answer was; it was a logistics center, further probing as to why a logistics station needs so many antennas and what sort of logistics got him all flustered up…LOL He knows we were messing with his head. Rather sensitive chaps those fellows were and perhaps for the right reason I suppose.

Still back to the USA; I would have thought that I would see a huge amount of development in terms of Solar and wind power especially in the southern states instead what I came across was abject poverty and a desperate attempt to keep the coal mines open. We hear of massive requirements of solar and wind and nuclear yet….nothing significant has been done about it.

I do not blame them, in West Virginia one of the main employers are coal mining companies. The alternative energy revolution appears to be lacking in the poorer states where it is needed most. Still the forests of West Virginia are truly beautiful and the Appalachian mountains are breathtaking as is ginseng territory.

“Exasperated are we?”
You may well ask the usual question; “What are you on about Sagi?”

The picture of richness in the USA is not true, in fact roughly 8% of the population live under the poverty line. In California recent census shows 23% live below the poverty line, yet ….there is a mad rush for people to migrate legally or otherwise to the USA. Why? Well the reason is that poverty is a relative term for individuals. A begger on the streets of Calcutta in India would look at a person living below the poverty line in the USA and stare in disbelief at how that individual can be miserable. Simply put our whole concept of poverty is based around our variation of a comfort zone. A poverty stricken person in the USA can still own a house or a plot of land, which people from other nations would consider as rich. Someone sold them the idea. Who benefited from this illegal exodus?

So how do we get all this information? Originally from statistics.

“Welcome to the Module of study which is the most inaccurate and most manipulative subject in the history of education. With Statistics one can literally prove anything.”

That is what my lecturer said when he took us for statistics. The information is muddy about alternative energy and the mix. The information in regards to global warming is even muddier. Simply put; No side is entirely accurate about the actual figures and to get a true picture one requires to actually see the data on temperature rises and consider sizes of cities and consider the time over which the data was accumulated. The truth is somewhere…….out there.

News media and tabloids depend on crisis situations, speaking of the words crisis, catastrophes etc these were words that were used little or none at all prior to 1990 in mainstream media. The word catastrophe was used five time more in 1995 in media than in 1985. It was doubled again by the year 2000. There was a heightened emphasis on; fear, worry, danger, uncertainty and panic after 1989.

Why 1989?

In that year one event was more significant than others and that was the fall of the iron curtain, the breaking of the Berlin wall, and with that event came a change. The cold war which had lasted for 50 years was over and then began what is now termed as social control.

Look all around you and you will notice that you are more closely controlled and monitored to the point that there is very little one does that is not electronically observed or controlled. Social control is best managed through fear. The fall of the Berlin wall created a vacuum of fear. Until then we all feared the east and people in the east feared the west now it was over. A bubble had burst. We got sold the fear of nuclear war, real or not hundreds of thousands of families built fall out shelters and accumulated all sorts of food stuff. Look at the statistics on how business boomed in that period. Fear made it possible.

Eventually we were sold the fear situation. the fear your house will burn down, you will have an accident you will suddenly die, or your car will break down..the list is endless. We were all sold fear and then we were sold the biggest fear of all ..the fear of the environment.

Whats your point SAGI?

My point is that there always is a cause for fear and people use it to swing the population to see any subject their way. Despite having social security and life becoming longer we live in more fear now than at any other time in the history of the planet.

We are in fear of the smallest things germs, dirt, chemicals, additives, meat products none meat products, we also seem to have developed an allergy for everything under the earth and on top of it. In recent years we got sold soya milk, almond milk and a host of other types of lactose less products. However these things have always existed. Why are so many people suddenly lactose sensitive? Ebola was known about since the 70’s, yet we fear it now and in the recent past more than when we discovered it. All the viruses and bugs have been existing for hundreds of years if not more why fear them more now than before? Yet its pushed in our faces every single day and so we learn to fear.

The only thing we are not allergic to is fear it self. That is the one thing the majority of us have embraced with gladness.
Through the power of statistics we have been sold the sum of fear.

Using this we have been sold on everything. No wonder we don’t have any money. They sold us the biggest product and like suckers we bought it.

Britain’s biggest fear industry is the insurance industry. They sell us insurance through advertising fear. Don’t believe me? Observe every single advert you see. Probably 95% sell on the basis of one fear or another. They don’t even leave death alone they sell you coffin insurance, debt fear, tax fear, inheritance tax fear, and the list goes on… dentists fear, doctors fear, firemen fear……..

Effectively, globally we live in a state of constant fear.

I walked around Watford the other day and someone was talking about the crime in Watford. I stopped and asked “Where? Where is the crime? Please show me”

“Well! its all around us.”, she said,

I asked if she knew one person who had been robbed, stabbed, burgled, beaten up , pushed on the street in the last one year?
Her reply was No. Well then what crime are you talking about?
The fact is crime has not increased in the last twenty years. What has increased are acts of terrorism. Crime has more or less remained average based on population increase in the western countries.

The biggest crime increase is the act of selling fear. For the last three years I had no building insurance, no contents insurance, no utensils insurance, gas insurance, utilities insurance, water damage insurance imagine how much I have actually saved over the last three years? I looked at the costs of these insurances and found that barring the most prone to failure being the boiler and burglary nothing else was really worthwhile. A comparative of statistics (there it is again) for houses actually burning down is low. Spend the money on fire extinguishers rather than the insurance. Every year the average household pays out 300 pounds over a period of thirty years that equates to 9000 pounds of complete waste. The extinguisher costs thirty pounds and lasts for five years.

Unfortunately this is the same case for global warming and for alternative energy as well as nuclear. Each party gives their own figures and each party tries to convince joe investor that they are the better option. There are places in the world that are getting colder and others getting warmer. There are parts of Antarctica which are actually getting colder while other parts are getting warmer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica_cooling_controversy So which is it?

http://online.wsj.com/articles/matt-ridley-whatever-happened-to-global-warming-1409872855

Statistics Statistics Statistics!

Recently it snowed in Kenya. Amazing look it up on U tube.

Nuclear proponents state that there is going to be a shortage their opponents state there is no shortage. Solar panel proponents state that they can produce enough energy to handle the world needs, yet if it is such a dream solution why hasn’t any one country got into it full fledged and catered for their entire population with solar or wind. After all it’s a perfect solution. perhaps they can in a perfect world where everyone agrees, but this is not Utopia, this is planet Earth and we humans cannot figure out which is the right foot or for that matter which is the left foot and which is the wrong foot. My foot! So who is right and who is wrong?

We not only got sold all this but also the fear of money not being worth while. People bought into it. Gold prices went up not because of charts or the actual fact that money was of no value, rather we simply made an illusion so convincing that people bought into the story and it actually became a reality. At some point the money to buy gold ran out and gold price began to drop. Gold is stored right now in thousands of depositories and thousands of homes, an insurance against money having no value and for those unlucky to have bought into the dream at the very last moment, are now sitting on the most expensive gold in history. There you go! You got sold another product out of fear.

There is more gold stored in anticipation than any other metal. Industrial metals do not get stored because companies know it holds much needed capital but a precious metal is stored because it has a mode of being considered a hedge against inflation and replacing money it self. There is nothing wrong in storing gold. We all hold some part of our wealth in it. Not because a group of individuals sold us the fear. It does not mean that they are wrong but neither is the other side wrong.

A hundred years ago when paper currency came out we did not fear it because we trusted the government, now suddenly we don’t? Are we sure we did not get sold anything in the process? Who sold us the idea of fiat currency, who sold us the idea of the fear of inflation? Who benefited out of selling gold to you today. Even governments got suckered into it. Gordon brown then chancellor of the X chequer of the UK sold Britain’s gold at near lows.

We got sold another idea some forty years ago, and its not a new concept, it’s a concept that has been repeated throughout history in varying formats. OIL is running out. Let us look at this critically. First no one actually can confirm the process of actually how crude oil is created. Sounds stupid yes? Well do a little research and dig a little deeper and you will come up with various contradictory statements. One of the biggest arguments going on is why has it not run out, what role does crude oil play in the planet and what exactly replaces it in the gap we leave? The Saudis have been saying it for years that they are running out of the precious black gold. Well what occurred? Look around you. The number of vehicles using the precious stuff multiplied 1000 times or more over since the concept of the internal combustion engine and the price of oil jumped from 4 dollars thirty years ago to 140 dollars. And then averaged roughly 100 dollars. Who benefited out of the price going up? Someone did. It was not Joe public for certain. A few individuals perhaps less than 0.001% of the population benefited from this massive hike.

Malthus suggested food would run out by the mid sixties. So would a lot of other resources but as yet we have to see a significant impact, the reason for this is that we change and modify and improve. Vehicles do not weigh so much, we are using more plastic and less metal. We are now replacing the metal with carbon fibre which may in turn become a mainstream resource in the future. Wires got thinner, rods got thinner but stronger and recycling became a big business.

We cannot control events but we are intelligent enough to recognize when the price is going up long term and we are capable of taking advantage of it. 99% of the population of the world is either not sensitive enough or educated enough to recognize these gradual world events or too poor to take advantage of such events even if they did.

Events are often recognized/noticed at pinnacle points…we may consider them panic points which are brought to our attention by the same media that failed to recognize them when they began but give the news when they are about to end; when a reversal is imminent. Who provides this information to them? Probably the same organizations that were able to take advantage of them.

Am I selling you a conspiracy theory? Not at all. What I would like to bring to your attention is that there are world events occurring all around us that we fail to anticipate or recognize early enough to take advantage of. That some of these events are either manipulated, created or taken advantage of through mainstream media and the education system. People and organizations profit form these events all the time. Some are small bubbles while others are giant inflated balloons. Eventually they all burst. Some get re-blown while others are reinvented.

Since this thread is about Nuclear and alternative energy, two sides of probably the same coin as they are both instruments of solution to the theory of global warming, we need to discern which of these or both may be a solution for the future. The research is complicated and both sides provide viable arguments and material for their products. However let us look at the clients. Vehicle owners if they are to convert to electric cars require a fast turn around. Homes if they are to take advantage require per capita to provide an investment of a significant sum to take advantage of solar. Finally what about the 70% poor individuals who cannot afford to take advantage of either even with government support. I agree its complicated. Power is a national issue and not an individual one. I therefore suggest due to land being at a premium and factoring in environmental issues that nuclear may still in the long run despite costs rising be the only current viable national solution for advanced countries. Another argument against solar is the social control factor where due to solar individuals can now build houses where ever they like and this can adversely affect the environment.

Solar can be fitted in the shortest time possible, nuclear takes the longest time to bring into operation. However it is nuclear that provides a longer term solution but solar plays a vital part for the time in-between as will wind. The main opponent is gas and coal. Both of which are accused of being the biggest culprits in the contribution to global warming. However is Global warming a concept that has been sold to us? Based on the above it has. If that is the case who pays for all the research, probably the largest contributors to the studies are the solar and nuclear power companies or is it? Research shows that the largest contributors are hedge funds, trust funds and oil companies. This will surprise some but some of the largest and most prestigious universities are funded by these.

https://gcep.stanford.edu/about/faqs-print.html#how was project initiated

I quote verbatim from the above article;

How was the Project initiated? 
The concept arose from discussions between Stanford and ExxonMobil, building on some prior research conversations with Schlumberger; then discussions began with other interested companies that shared the belief that the scope of the research needed called for a new type of global collaboration between academia and industry.

Sponsorship of GCEP
What companies sponsor GCEP?
Motivated by the need to provide affordable and secure energy with low greenhouse gas emissions, GCEP's founding sponsors—ExxonMobil, GE, Schlumberger and Toyota—joined together in December 2002 to support fundamental science and engineering research to generate a new generation of energy technologies. DuPont and Bank of America joined the GCEP partnership in 2011 and 2013, respectively, bringing new perspectives and insights about the global energy challenge.

GCEP's sponsors:
• ExxonMobil - The world's largest publicly traded international oil and gas company.
• GE - The world leader in power-generation technology and services.
• Schlumberger - The world's leading oilfield services technology company.
• DuPont - Providing world-class science for the global marketplace since 1802.
• Bank of America - One of the world's leading financial institutions.
Former GCEP Sponsor
Toyota - The leading global auto manufacturer of hybrid and advanced technology vehicles.

One argument that proponents may give the financing to such research by well respected universities is that the research may show that there are doubts of global warming, or that they will be privy to information prior to publishing that enables them to prepare for the eventualities. Either way there are specific reasons as to why companies and foundations are providing huge sums of money to various universities around the world. By providing the funding they also in turn control the information that the research provides eventually.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus.htm
There is no consensus. The Petition Project features over 31,000 scientists signing the petition stating "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide will, in the forseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere ...". (Petition Project)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming
http://phys.org/news/2013-12-koch-brothers-reveals-funders-climate.html
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/dark-money-funds-climate-change-denial-effort/
http://www.globalresearch.ca/climate-change-global-warming-and-the-carbon-finance-business/5365419
http://www.drexel.edu/~/media/Files/now/pdfs/Institutionalizing Delay - Climatic Change.ashx
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/28/meet-the-climate-denial-machine/191545
http://marshall.org/climate-change/lobbying-law-cold-cash-and-global-warming-research/

It is certain that there are no heroes in this fight and both sides are playing dirty.

I have yet to see the contributions of a single mining company or solar or nuclear company but cannot prove or deny it, as most companies will use shell corporations and foundations to supply the funds.

They say that a major catastrophe occurred when yellow stone national park was created. That the balance of nature was changed by the interference of those that were responsible for it. The damage not only affected the animals but also the entire eco system of the park. This has never been rectified and cannot be done. It changed forever. We humans have always thought we were capable of managing resources but the truth is nature does a far better job the only thing we have been good at is simple destruction.
Fracking is big business in the USA, but one does not understand how it affects the eco system. Water shortages are possible as the amount of water required for fracking is substantial and fresh water is quickly become a scarce resource. GAS from fracking also has a very steep decline of supply.

OIL companies know their days are numbered and many have turned to research in alternative energy while at the same time provide funding to research teams to find out if the climate change issue is real or not. Its in their interest to do so. It’s a game that the tobacco industry played well before in the 80,’s 90’s and till now. Tobacco is still popular and still profitable. What happened to cancer research?
Nuclear power companies and uranium mining companies simply do not have the financial clout or the political one to fight the climate change battle. The one big difference with nuclear energy is that most is funded by governments and not private enterprise.
Uranium is actually damaging to the environment but the areas that it affects are specific and limited in terms of land world wide. Nuclear power is a clean solution which has had its reputation damaged. Thorium is years if not decades away from becoming a commercially viable solution to energy problems. http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/jun/23/thorium-nuclear-uranium
The waters become murkier as we see report after report on who finances the climate change research. http://www.businessgreen.com/digital_assets/3760/BankrollingClimateChange_Doc.pdf

What ever the case for or against climate change we are yet not even clear who the real players are in the game.
Nuclear, uranium, solar and wind are simply pawns in this game and fear is a strong stimulant. There are other factors that may continue to lead nuclear power to be a major force. Oil is an incentive. Saudi Arabia has some of the larget deposits and yet it wants nuclear power. There are reasons for this.

We do know that cheap oil is finite, cheap in the sense of drilling, but in the near future the price of oil may continue to rise or at least remain above or near the US$100.00 mark. Saudi consumes its own oil for generating electricity and desalinating salt water for its people.

The population of Saudi Arabia has doubled. And the more oil they consume domestically the less they have to sell to the outside world. It makes perfect sense for them to reduce their own consumption and longer term planning requires them to factor in the depletion of oil stocks in the future. Should their oil deposits reduce they will turn into a very poor nation. It makes sense for them to get nuclear power plants and place solar plants in the desert to take up the load. This is the same case for the rest of the middle east too. The country that first generates excessive power will be able to sell the energy to the other countries of the middle east http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/09/08/saudi-arabia-fast-tracks-nuclear-power/

If uranium companies can withstand the current onslaught (and Fukushima did not help) and survive we may yet see a uranium/nuclear renaissance. However until we are fed on fear, people will continue to protest the nuclear solution.

Half knowledge is always more dangerous than no knowledge at all, but no knowledge at all is ignorance and an avenue to the mediocre.

Have a great weekend.

SAGI :cool1::beerglass:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My point is that there always is a cause for fear and people use it to swing the population to see any subject their way. Despite having social security and life becoming longer we live in more fear now than at any other time in the history of the planet.
RIGHT ON, SAGI!

Last weekend I visited my dear aunt of 86 years old who lives in an out of the way spot in rural NC. She confided she was concerned about ISIS hitting the United States. I told her "they" were only trying to scare her. It makes me very angry at the fear-mongers that she has to worry about this stuff. I reject the fear-du-jour.

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
RIGHT ON, SAGI!

Last weekend I visited my dear aunt of 86 years old who lives in an out of the way spot in rural NC. She confided she was concerned about ISIS hitting the United States. I told her "they" were only trying to scare her. It makes me very angry at the fear-mongers that she has to worry about this stuff. I reject the fear-du-jour.
I agree dpong, there are too may cases of it in everything from investments to our daily lives. I hope you have a good weekend.

SAGI

SAGI

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
STOCK ALERT: ENZR (NYSE) or Energizer Resources which has a massive Vanadium and Graphite deposit in Madagascar has just broken out on unusual volumes. This is a company we follow because of its relation to the demand for lithium ion Batteries and the possibility of Vanadium Redox Batteries int he future for Base Load capacity requirement for Solar and Wind farms. More research on the unusual move will be posted when it becomes available.

SAGI

Attachments