• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Urgent consultations in Washington, Moscow on reported US-Russian submarines in firefight

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
https://www.debka.com/mivzak/urgent...-reported-us-russian-submarines-in-firefight/

UPDATED: 14 Sailors Die on Secretive Russian Nuclear Submarine; Putin Calls Incident ‘Great Loss’

https://news.usni.org/2019/07/02/14-sailors-die-on-secretive-russian-nuclear-submarine

Russian Deep-Sea Military Vessel Catches Fire, Killing 14

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...urope/russia-research-submarine-fire.amp.html

7 captains, 2 ‘Heroes of Russia’ among those killed in fire on Russian deep submersible – Putin

https://www.rt.com/russia/463228-7-captains-2-heroes-killed-fire/

Fire kills 14 on Russian navy submarine

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...n-navy-submersible-military/story?id=64084934

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
The report of a fire on a Russian sub & 14 crew perishing was all over yesterday.
There was no proof offered in any reports, only "speculation."

Last edited:

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The report of a fire on a Russian sub & 14 crew perishing was all over yesterday.
There was no proof offered in any reports, only "speculation."
I don't think the Russian sub deaths are the fake news, the fake news is that the Russian sub was in US waters and was hit with a US torpedo.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
How do you validate it?
If Russian missiles start landing in your backyard you can be pretty sure that Russian sub was torpedoed by an American ship! I can't think of any other way off the top of my head other than be aware of the happenings which you can validate beyond some news website. I suppose you have to leverage using your gut to determine what's true and what's bullshit.

I admit, sometimes its a crapshoot knowing what's true and what's not. I start by considering the source of the information. More often than not, if you do a little digging you can get a feel for the validity of it but sometimes you just need to wait for incoming missiles to be sure!

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I don't think the Russian sub deaths are the fake news, the fake news is that the Russian sub was in US waters and was hit with a US torpedo.
Exactly.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
If Russian missiles start landing in your backyard you can be pretty sure that Russian sub was torpedoed by an American ship! I can't think of any other way off the top of my head other than be aware of the happenings which you can validate beyond some news website. I suppose you have to leverage using your gut to determine what's true and what's bullshit.

I admit, sometimes its a crapshoot knowing what's true and what's not. I start by considering the source of the information. More often than not, if you do a little digging you can get a feel for the validity of it but sometimes you just need to wait for incoming missiles to be sure!
There are ways of telling, big oil purchases, troop, ship & equip movements, oil tankers begin floating storage operations around the NATO nations, troop & equipment trains become very active, the news cycle begins to create an adversary, lil green general jets begin flying into & out of military bases, civilian GPS readings are no longer accurate within normal specs, top political leaders in the NATO nations begin to dissapear from the news cycle replaced with feel good & patriotic news clips, the stock, bond & credit markets begin to act nervously for no visible reason(s), Coast Gaurd units become unseasonably active in major port & coastal areas including shipping lanes, State Governors begin unannounced closed door secret meetings with key cabinet & legislative members, State Troopers begin clearing major highways to expedite military transports, unannounced training drills are called up for state national guard reserve members, Military bases around the country are placed on 24 hour alert, all leave & training exercises are counciled, Air Force transport maintence, loading & pilot crews are called into 24 hour readyness service.... there are many more signs that could be listed. Of course if a major action is planned, TPTB will quietly commence most of the above at one time or another... just watch!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
1562194149129.png

DEFCON Warning System states there's no truth to the rumor "that a US submarine was torpedoed by a Russian submarine in US water". Which is certainly a relief.

I notice they didn't say anything about the rumor of a US submarine "intercepting" a Russian submarine in US waters.

You'd think they'd want to be very clear on such things, generally, and as rules permit, etc.

?

https://www.debka.com/mivzak/urgent-consultations-in-washington-moscow-on-reported-us-russian-submarines-in-firefight/

"Olenya Bay on the coast of the Barents Sea is home to a fleet of nuclear powered spy submarines and surface vessels which NATO now says are dramatically stepping up activities around undersea data cables in the North Atlantic…"

"From its base 100 kilometers east of the border to Norway, a fleet of nine nuclear-powered submarines and a few surface vessels frequently sails out on special missions. Little is known about the nature of those voyages, except reports of significantly increased activity along subsea cables which carry global electronic communication…"

"«Podmoskovye» is a former ballistic missile submarine, now converted to serve as carrier of mini submarines, like the Losharik. Photo: Zvezdochka shipyard"

-Thomas Nilson, Barents Observer, January 12, 2018

https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/node/3381

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
"No truth in rumors that a US submarine was torpedoed by a Russian submarine in US waters"
How about non-US waters?

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Beware of misinformation. If you can't validate it then you can't believe it
OK, thanks for the warning. Now who can I validate anything with?

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Russian submarine = death trap. Long list of Russian submarines doing themselves in with no help.

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
@BarnacleBob How do you post a Debaka story without linking to Hal Turner? Years ago we here would have had fun for a day with a story like this.

My opinion is that both sides were after the same prize, maybe a lost nuke who knows. These games go on every day between rival country's. But these wild stories always have a spark of truth in them. One just has to dig for it.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Hal Turner show FWIW

REPORT: AMERICAN SUBMARINE TORPEDOED AND SUNK OFF ALASKA COAST
WORLD NEWS DESK 02 JULY 2019

An American submarine operating off the coast of Alaska was REPORTEDLY torpedoed and SUNK during a firefight with a Russian submarine, after the American sub allegedly intercepted the Russian sub in American waters.

The Russian submarine allegedly sustained heavy damage in the fight, with upwards of 14 crew killed, but it made it back to its base in Russia.

I have calls into the Pentagon and to my Intel Sources seeking to confirm (or deny) this information.

No word on US casualties.

Emergency meetings have been taking place at the White House this afternoon, with Vice President Pence being called back to the White House and having to cancel his scheduled trip to New Hampshire.

As Pence was being called back, word broke in Russian media that Russian President Vladimir Putin cancelled a public event he had long scheduled, and diverted immediately for a meeting with his Defense Minister.

At that meeting, both Putin and the Defense Minister SUMMONED the General Secretary of the Russian Armed Forces to the meeting.

While that was taking place, the European Union headquarters in Brussels Belgium called an Emergency meeting of the EU National Security Council and, separately, the British Government called a COBRA meeting for its government.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

UPDATE 5:45 PM EDT --
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the country’s defense chief to travel to a northern naval base to conduct a probe after a fire on a deep-sea research submersible killed 14 crew members.

(Hal Turner Remark: A fire huh? Hmmmmm. Caused by what? A firefight with a US Submarine, perhaps?)

Putin on July 2 called the incident a “terrific loss” and told Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu to “personally hear reports” and direct the Investigative Committee to “definitely establish the causes behind this tragedy."

Putin’s meeting with Shoigu came after the Defense Ministry said earlier in the day that 14 sailors were killed when a fire broke out on July 1 aboard a submersible carrying out research work in Russian territorial waters.

(Hal Turner Remark: "In Russian territorial waters???" Why the need to say THAT? Something's fishy already with the public statements from Russia. And US/EU/UK governments do not have "emergency meetings" over a "fire" inside a Russian submarine. Nope. I don't buy this one bit. This sounds like a cover story to me. Still digging via my intel contacts.)

RECAP --
Here is how events unfolded earlier today, leading up to this story: Click HERE (More updates to follow, below)

UPDATE 7:00 PM EDT --
Despite my inquiries to the Pentagon, Lt. Col. Carla Gleason has failed to respond for several hours. No confirmation. No Denial.

PLEASE NOTE: This will be a story on the Hal Turner Radio Show, LIVE from New York City on Wednesday, July 3, 2019 beginning at 9:00 PM eastern US time (New York City Time) [GMT-0400].

You can tune-in on Global High Frequency stations WBCQ on 7.490 and 5.130 (AM), both 50,000 watt stations, as well as on WRMI on 9.455 (AM) which is a 100,000 watt station. You can also tune-in on regular AM radio via KYAH 540-AM "Utah's Talk Authority." The show is also simulcast LIVE right here on the net at HalTurnerRadioShow.com using the LISTEN LIVE links in the menu bars above. Additional updates to this story will appear below. This show and web site is reader/Listener supported. Donations are needed and appreciated. Donate via Paypal using the yellow DONATE button in the right column above. To access the COVERT INTELLIGENCE, derived from Hal Turner's intelligence agency contacts developed from his years with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) where he was "fully operational National Security" who was also granted "Extra-territorial authority" to operate outside the United States, become a subscriber for $1 a week billed quarterly ($13) HERE

UPDATE 7:36 PM EDT --
I will give this Intel to you exactly how I just got it. Make of it what you will:
"An unnatural mobilization at US and Western military bases in the Persian Gulf and in the Gulf states"

UPDATE 7:45 PM EDT --
Gold Bullion spiked up by $40 per ounce in the final hours of trading today. The money people are running to Gold for safety.

UPDATE 1:55 AM EDT (WEDNESDAY)--
It is worth noting that a few U.S. wars have started because of a sunken ship.

1. The sinking of the Battleship Maine in Cuba for the Spanish-American war.
2. Sinking of the Lusitania by a German U-Boat and we go into World War I.
3. The sinking of a whole bunch of ships at a Naval Base named Pearl Harbor and World War II starts.
4. A naval battle in the South China Sea Gulf of Tonkin starts the Viet-Nam war.
5. I guess we could also include the American Revolution due to the Boston Tea Party where Colonial Masons robbed and burned British Ships -AND-

The Civil War starts with an attack on Fort Sumter which is located in Charleston Harbor was essentially a naval battle
-AND-

I guess the War of 1812 deserves an honorable mention because the Star Spangled Banner was written during a naval bombardment of Fort McHenry.

While Russian Television (RT) has put out a story claiming the research submarine suffered a fire causing the deaths of 14 crew, the article (HERE) again claims the sub was "in Russian Territorial waters."

Strangely, FOX NEWS has also published a weird story on what the United States specific actions would be in case of a Russian NUCLEAR ATTACK upon America (HERE). The timing of this particular story is . . . interesting . . . to say the least.

UPDATE 12:00 NOON WEDNESDAY --

Kremlin says details of a fire that killed 14 crew on a deep-water submersible will not be made public because they include classified information

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Wait a minute? So how did the Russian sub get back so quickly?

Me, why I am going with the fire on board because if Russia had sunk an American sub the where ever this happened at would have already brought an American response. I suppose there are enough listening devices already in the waters around our coasts so maybe they do not need to drop more in but there sure would have been aircraft in the air and Navy boats would have been tasked to find the Russian sub and make it rise and commandeered it or just flat out make it go to the bottom.

So I am thinking the Russian sub was in American waters and somebody flicked a bicklighter and they crippled back home making lots of noise in their wake. I know that with a fire on board that their air scrubbers would be over powered so they had to come up for air replenishment so in order for this to happen they had to be in international waters but still, if they are that far away from any port of call on their territory the law of the sea seems to favor any close port for emergency issues.

Now I am vexed to what actually is a "research submersible?"

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I guess the USS Liberty didn't start a war so that doesn't count! More like US soldiers have been in dying a perpetual war all across the ME ever since then!

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Russian servicemen ‘averted planetary catastrophe’ during nuclear submarine accident, military official claims at funeral

Families of the 14 Russian servicemen who were killed after a fire broke out on a nuclear submarine have reportedly been told that their relatives averted a “planetary catastrophe” before they died.

A high-ranking military official is said to have made the comment at a funeral for the crew in St Petersburgh days after the accident in the Barents Sea earlier this week.

The incident remains shrouded in mystery after the Russian government refused to reveal the submarine’s name and its mission, claiming them as state secrets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-submarine-accident-fire-nuclear-reactor-catastrophe-sailors-dead-a8991531.html

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Iran has their Come to Jesus moment a la NK and right on queue too! What happened to turn the Iranians around so quickly? The world is an interesting place these days.

1562548628180.png

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
shoot,

recent developments,

chins dog shows up at the border for a meet and greet, chins want to negotiate, a fictional fire on a supposed russian sub, and now supposedly iran is throwing a party?????
sorta feels like NK again....something just changed with Iran

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
You Are Being Trolled by an Imploding Empire

Dmitry Orlov Sat, Jul 6, 2019

The world is on the brink of war, again. And again. And, yes, yet again. And then it’s not on the brink of war any more… but wait, there’s more! Of course there’s more, there always is. US aircraft carrier battle groups are steaming toward North Korea… or not. They are steaming about aimlessly, nowhere near North Korea, but in a very threatening manner.

Then Trump and Kim Jong Un meet, get on great, sign a piece of paper that means nothing and part friends. Now the aircraft carriers are steaming about far less menacingly. Then Trump and Un meet again, to sign some other meaningless piece of paper, but then John Bolton shoots his mouth off and the deal is off. But Trump and Un continue to exchange love letters, so the bromance isn’t dead. In any case, war between the US and North Korea is not just unwinnable but unthinkable: South Korea’s capitol is within striking range of North Korean artillery and all US military bases in the region are within range of North Korean rockets. War with North Korea is definitely off. Executive summary: nothing happens. So, what was that all about?

Now it’s about Venezuela. Its democratically elected leader is declared to be a usurper and a suitable replacement is found by the name of Random Guy-doh. American vassal states around the world are bullied into granting him diplomatic recognition as Venezuela’s president even though he’s just a random guy in an apartment in Caracas. Some trucks get torched on a bridge between Columbia and Venezuela. They were carrying humanitarian goods such as spools of wire. There is talk of military intervention, but it’s just talk.

The Bank of England confiscates Venezuela’s gold, the US freezes Venezuela’s oil company’s bank accounts in the US and hands them off to a bunch of shady Venezuelans who steal it. That part makes sense; the rest of it? Meh! In any case, a US military incursion into Venezuela is not within the realm of possibility: Venezuela has Russian air defense systems which make it a no-fly zone for the US air force; also, fighting guerrilla action in Venezuelan selva is not something the US military is capable of. Executive summary: nothing happens, again.

Now it’s about Iran. Trump pulls out of the carefully negotiated international deal with Iran and says he wants to negotiate another one. If you notice, that’s a truly idiotic move, along the lines of “I am never paying you back, so lend me more money.” If a country is not honoring the deals it has already signed, why bother negotiate any more deals with it? (That’s a rhetorical question.) Iran announces that since the US isn’t honoring the deal, Iran won’t either. A bunch of oil tankers get damaged and the US tries to blame Iran for it, but nobody believes the US.

And so a couple more oil tankers get damaged and the US tries to blame Iran for it again, but nobody believes the US again. And so the US flies a drone into Iranian airspace shadowed by a reconnaissance plane with an international crew on board, hoping that Iran makes a mistake and shoots down the reconnaissance plane. But Iran shoots down the drone and it falls in the shallows, in Iran’s territorial waters, rather than in international waters 100 feet deep, which is what the US claims to have happened, but nobody believes it. Iran swiftly fishes out and proudly displays the wreckage of the no longer top secret drone. The Americans spin a tale about wanting to attack Iran but calling the attack off at the last minute. Oil prices go up a bit.
The US oil patch is producing flat out but hemorrhaging red ink like crazy. It needs higher oil prices in order to avoid a huge wave of bankruptcies. That part makes sense; the rest of it? Meh again! In any case, a military attack against Iran is unthinkable: Iran has the ability to close the Strait of Hormuz to all shipping, cutting off a third of all of the world’s oil exports and blowing up the global economy, US included. Executive summary: nothing happens, yet again.

There are various other non-events in other parts of the world. NATO ships steam about the Black and Baltic seas, where they are pretty much sitting ducks in case hostilities with Russia turn kinetic. So, what that tells us is that hostilities will not turn kinetic because those ships are expensive and there is no money to replace them. There are also NATO exercises in the Baltics, which are right on Russia’s border. They practice invading and slaughtering civilians in quaint medieval villages staffed with Russian-speaking extras pretending to be peasants eager to surrender. (Technically, that should be categorized as a fantasy game rather than a training exercise.)
The Russians remain unimpressed. They want nothing to do with the Baltics, which used to be transit states for Russian exports but now they aren’t needed for anything at all (except as a NATO stomping ground). In any case, talking about waging war against Russia with a straight face is something that only extremely stupid people are capable of doing. Executive summary: nothing happens.

Do you notice the refrain? (I am sure you do.) What’s going on is that a has-been country, which can’t stop squandering what little resources it has left on a useless but ridiculously bloated military-industrial complex, is trying to generate activity in order to justify continued lavish defense spending. All sorts of experts and pundits play along, claiming that the threat of this or that war is very real and that therefore we should all be paying attention to what’s happening. But what’s happening is that you are being trolled.

There being nothing better for it to do, the US is trying very hard to troll the whole world, but more and more the world is either refusing to be trolled or trolling the US right back.

• When the US threatens to cut off access to the US financial system, the world works on circumventing it.

• When the US imposes tariffs and sanctions, the world responds by reworking its trading relationships to exclude the US.

• When the US threatens countries with military intervention, the world responds by constructing new alliances and making security arrangements that isolate the US.

But most importantly, the world simply waits. The US is now running a budget deficit that is over a trillion dollars a year and taking on debt at about the same rate as it was during the height of the previous financial collapse. What do you think will happen when the next financial collapse hits? (According to a lot of authoritative voices, it should hit either this year or the next.) Meanwhile, I hope that you enjoy being trolled, because I am sure there will be more trolling from the US, just, you know, to keep busy, I guess.
The American Troll in his native habitat

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
The US is now running a budget deficit that is over a trillion dollars a year and taking on debt at about the same rate as it was during the height of the previous financial collapse.
which tells us very clearly that the talking head isn't calling the ball,

just another puppet

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

just another puppet
Wrestling, entertaining but fake.

ABC123

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

just another puppet
Yes, which goes to show there are moves and countermoves going on behind the scenes that normies aren't told about and cant comprehend. The fake news MSM will continue to throw bones for the sheep to fetch.

Your watching a movie. Sit back, inform yourself and enjoy the show. There is a new sheriff in town and hes taking out the trash one small step at a time.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Russian submarine = death trap. Long list of Russian submarines doing themselves in with no help.
Yep, My bet is the Russians were attempting to make an ocean bottom cable intercept splice and a SNAFU occurred. YMMV

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They'll probably be better prepared the next time but it'll take a bit of time to train the replacement Captains they require

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Wrestling, entertaining but fake.
ONLY pre-determined. You try going over backwards over a 4 ft "rope" on top of a 4 ft platform, and not causing yourself physical damage.
Stunt work ? Yes, I agree. Pre-determined ? Entertaining ? Yep. Jumping to the floor from 9 ft above without hurting yourself ? Let me know when you've done that with no injury.
OR
Jump from the top of a 30ft cage, land on furniture, knock out a few teeth ( one found in your nostrils), and finish what the promoter wants you to do. BEFORE going to the hospital to see how much more damage you my have. Yep, That is all FAKE....NOT!!!