• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Urgent consultations in Washington, Moscow on reported US-Russian submarines in firefight

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Wrastling is sure an athletic endeavor but:

the fact it's sold as a competitive sporting challenge is not honest

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
the fact it's sold as a competitive sporting challenge is not honest
Not anymore, during the Hogan-Steroids Lawsuit against Vince McMahon & WWF (at the time) testified each match is scripted.
WWE does not even use the term "Wrestlers" they are called "Superstars" now.
"WRESTLING" is now a generic term for hype and showmanship. Some states still make money by making performers and promoters BUY licenses work in their state.
"...not honest" is subjective . MLB,NFL,NBA, all allows big money players "take games off".
Where is the honesty promoting "X" star and that "X" team in town for games that count in standings THEN that "X" star does not play ?
The Fans, at least most PAID to see that "X" player play. "X" doesn't play do the fans get their money back if they wanted it ? ANSWER: NO!
Most gamblers base their bets on who may or may not play.
HOCKEY has "Franchise Player" that get away with penalties others get put in the box for, and usually an "ENFORCER" on the ice to protect the Franchise and go after the other team's Franchise player. "HONESTY, Huh"

Honesty is very subjective.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
you youngsters

Freddie Blassie was the man to beat when I was introduced to it on KTLA or KTTV, some channel like that, Live From The Olympic Auditorium, Championship Wrastling, (but i think it was with an e)

if it tickles your socks, who the hell am i:
Pencil Neck Geek?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I remember the song from Dr. Demento. I used to record his show on tape. His first two hours were not so good, but the last was better. ("KSAN, JIVE 95") He did make reference that other stations only played a fraction of his show ("funny five"?)

Anyway, "Pencil-Neck Geek" was a Blassie song, and it played maybe two or three times. Then there was a "Geek's Revenge" song. "You filled us geeks with rage and hate, and some day we will retaliate." If need be, I could probably dig my memory of four decades ago.