• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

US mint set to produce palladium eagles

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
just waiting on the basketball fan to sign the bill...

http://news.coinupdate.com/american-palladium-eagle-bullion-bill-awaits-presidential-signature-0558/

The American Palladium Eagle bullion coin bill (H.R. 6166) was passed by the Senate on November 30th by unanimous consent, which clears its way to being signed by the President next week.

This bill will provide numismatic consumers with a fourth precious metal, complementing gold, silver, and platinum, as well as provide economic support for the single source of palladium in America, the Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) of Billings, Montana.

The bill was originally sponsored by Montana’s Congressman, Denny Rehberg, who saw this as an opportunity to both fill a niche for coin collectors and precious metals investors who wanted an American palladium coin, as well as counter-balance the effects of General Motors’ post-restructuring decision to use offshore sources for the palladium in their products.

From the Congressman’s web site, he stated, “This is a good bill for Montana that will empower the private sector to create good, well-paying jobs. As the price of gold skyrockets, Palladium provides investors with an option for an alternative precious metal.â€

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
OMS was refering to the America the Beautiful coins release fiasco. The mint is fubar. Good for the mines in Montana. Not many numistatic palladium coins.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I wouldn't mind adding to my Palladium collection (all one coin of it!). How long do you think before it would be released?

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Wonder where they willl get the palladium from, it's drying up rather quickly.

Cancelled my 2010 Proof ASE order after repeatedly having the expected ship date moved from 12/4 (ordered 11/19) to 12/22 when I cancelled. Wanted them as Xmas gifts, silly me thinking that ordering on opening day was enough time...fubar is right.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
More evidence they are short of gold and silver?

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Wonder where they willl get the palladium from, it's drying up rather quickly.
If I understand the US Mint's policies correctly (if that is possible), all metal to produce bullion coins needs to be sourced from US miners. This is good news for Stillwater Palladium (SWC) unless I'm missing something. I do agree with your point, palladium is very scarce and a good play in moderation for diversification.

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
B

BuTTuB

Palladium is Awesome!

There was a lot of hub-bub on the olde Gim1 about Palladium UHR's, a while back now. I'd prefer Pd UHR's... but what the hey...

I love Palladium, & will be buying all and any coins they make in it.

Palladium, tomorrows Platinum. :biggrin:

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Obama signs resolution calling for palladium coin

Looks like a done deal but...

President Barack Obama has signed legislation that calls for the U.S. mint to produce palladium coins if there is sufficient market demand.

It requires an independent marketing study to conclude there is adequate market demand to ensure that the coins could be minted and issued at no net cost to taxpayers.

Paralysis by analysis, just produce the freakin coin dangit!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-signs-resolution-apf-657653735.html?x=0&.v=1

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'll be one of the first to order.

I normally don't buy bullion online, but I'll make an exception for this.

I need something American to offset the Soviet coin I have.

WhyKnow

Thnk Tank
Gold Chaser
Obama signs resolution calling for palladium coin

Looks like a done deal but...

President Barack Obama has signed legislation that calls for the U.S. mint to produce palladium coins if there is sufficient market demand.

It requires an independent marketing study to conclude there is adequate market demand to ensure that the coins could be minted and issued at no net cost to taxpayers.

Paralysis by analysis, just produce the freakin coin dangit!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-signs-resolution-apf-657653735.html?x=0&.v=1
Like Oldmansmith said, this will be rediculous. I won't be holding my breath as much as I would like one.

silverblood

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'll buy one if they ever get minted. I don't have any palladium yet. I'm not that much interested in platinum or palladium unless it is in the form of salts (e.g., potassium chloroplatinate, palladium chloride), but I wouldn't mind having one coin of each just for the novelty.