• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

US to require vaccines for all border crossers in January

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

US to require vaccines for all border crossers in January​

https://apnews.com/article/coronavi...iness-health-07c377d92f85bc061bf7e2c690f4bbca

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden will require essential, nonresident travelers crossing U.S. land borders, such as truck drivers, government and emergency response officials, to be fully vaccinated beginning on Jan. 22, the administration planned to announce.

A senior administration official said the requirement, which the White House previewed in October, brings the rules for essential travelers in line with those that took effect earlier this month for leisure travelers, when the U.S. reopened its borders to fully vaccinated individuals.

Essential travelers entering by ferry will also be required to be fully vaccinated by the same date, the official said. The official spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity to preview the announcement.

The rules pertain to non-U.S. nationals. American citizens and permanent residents may still enter the U.S. regardless of their vaccination status, but face additional testing hurdles because officials believe they more easily contract and spread COVID-19 and in order to encourage them to get a shot.

The Biden administration pushed back the requirement for essential travelers by more than two months from when it went into effect on Nov. 8 for non-essential visitors to prevent disruptions, particularly among truck drivers who are vital to North American trade. While most cross-border traffic was shut down in the earliest days of the pandemic, essential travelers have been able to transit unimpeded.

Even with the delay, though, Norita Taylor, spokeswoman for the trucking group Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association, criticized the vaccination requirement, calling it an example of “how unnecessary government mandates can force experienced owner-operators and independent truckers out of business.”

“These requirements are another example of how impractical regulations will send safe drivers off the road,” she said.

The latest deadline is beyond the point by which the Biden administration hopes to have large businesses require their employees to be vaccinated or tested weekly under an emergency regulation issued by the Occupational Health and Safety Administration. That rule is now delayed by litigation, but the White House has encouraged businesses to implement their own mandates regardless of the federal requirement with the aim of boosting vaccination.

About 47 million adults in the U.S. remain unvaccinated, according to figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

___

Associated Press writer David Koenig in Dallas contributed to this report.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
President Joe Biden will require essential, nonresident travelers crossing U.S. land borders, such as truck drivers, government and emergency response officials, to be fully vaccinated beginning on Jan. 22, the administration planned to announce.

No mention of illegals. I wonder why. (sarcasm)

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You won't see any illegals mentioned on CNN

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty bold move for a former vice-president pretending he won an election while hiding out in his basement shitting himself.

10 days to flatten the curve sure has morphed into a very different beast. How treasonous do those 7 of 9 supreme lie-yers appear now?

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Of course not. Even if they do mention them since there is no reason to go to CNN, ever. :beer:
All I know about CNN I read about in the memes! :summer:

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If someone were to read only the title of that article, they would assume US citizens crossing the border must be vaxxed. I'm convinced the title isn't an accident. These mother-fers in the mainstream press try to use psychological warfare against the people at every single turn. I've seen it over and over again.

I do hope there is a lawsuit over this. There's no reason a foreigner should be murdered just for crossing the boarder. I expect we will see the crews of merchant ships and airliners start dying off pretty soon. That'll help further the controlled demolition the global economy, which is what the TPTB want.

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The rules pertain to non-U.S. nationals. American citizens and permanent residents may still enter the U.S. regardless of their vaccination status, but face additional testing hurdles because officials believe they more easily contract and spread COVID-19 and in order to encourage them to get a shot.

For now, I can still dodge this bullet, it seems... with some testing hassles...

Should fly into Texas or Florida before the connecting flight, I assume... Definitely NOT JFK...

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
There may not be a 'US' in January!

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I read that at the very busy US-Mexico border near Tijuana Mexico, the US border officials are not checking Covid status, for people in cars.
They just wave the car through.
We are talking about millions (of cars/passengers) per year (I think.)

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I read that at the very busy US-Mexico border near Tijuana Mexico, the US border officials are not checking Covid status, for people in cars.
There is no COVID

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
millions a year? try millions, in less than a month......every month

two million in July alone at San Ysidro

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
*Note to self, do not take wife on vacation thru San Yisidro.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
So the US-Canada and US-Mexico borders?