• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Using blockchain to authenticate luxury goods

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Luxury watch fraud is rampant and a significant concern to collectors. I saw an interview with "Mr. Wonderful" (Kevin O'Leary) on YouTube yesterday, and he was very sure that blockchain will be used to solve this.

I found two projects being used this way. Unfortunately neither is available on Coinbase.

Arianee
ChronoBase

Maybe there are others. Where can I buy these?

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Luxury watch fraud is rampant and a significant concern to collectors. I saw an interview with "Mr. Wonderful" (Kevin O'Leary) on YouTube yesterday, and he was very sure that blockchain will be used to solve this.

I found two projects being used this way. Unfortunately neither is available on Coinbase.

Arianee
ChronoBase

Go to coinmarketcap and find those projects. Then, right above the daily chart, click on "market" tab. There you will find trading pairs and exchanges where you can buy them.

ETA: always check the trading pair link to see if it is available in the US. I see Arianee is tradable on Bittrex, but not for US customers. Of course, you could always use a VPN to skirt this if it's an exchange with no KYC like Kucoin.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Arianee
ChronoBase

When you're ready you'll find an entire world of things happening on Ethereum (and other networks) that aren't on centralized exchanges like Coinbase. Here's a few peeks:

Coingecko is probably a good place to start. It's sort of a yahoo of the crypto world.

And you'll need a wallet to manage your crypto yourself to participate:

Watch out, it's the wild west out there.

If you wait, these things will become a lot easier to find and use but it will probably take a few years.

Last edited: