• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Venezuelans Break Off Flakes of Gold to Pay for Meals, Haircuts

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t wait to order some gold plated tungsten.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I did that in college until I learned 2 meals a day keeps you from being constipated.

If you store legumes or grains in containers long term be sure to put in some diatomaceous Earth to keep critters from hatching and eating.
I tried the diatomaceous earth in my preps one time. It didn't go well. Perhaps I got a little over enthusiastic and used too much. It was a mess. Most of my stuff has been professionally packed by the Mormons in number 10 cans. The beans and rice I packed myself is in mylar with oxygen absorbers. Ill. have to take a peak and see if any critters hatched.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I tried the diatomaceous earth in my preps one time. It didn't go well. Perhaps I got a little over enthusiastic and used too much. It was a mess. Most of my stuff has been professionally packed by the Mormons in number 10 cans. The beans and rice I packed myself is in mylar with oxygen absorbers. Ill. have to take a peak and see if any critters hatched.
I've never been into "prepping" and "jarring" and "storing"... But from what I think I know, the absence of air in a vacuum-sealed container is the most important.

In Italy, I just loved the many-years-old jars of veggies stored in olive-oil (heated, filled to the brim before sealing top to create vacuum when cooling)... Soft and unctuous, full of flavor... Mushrooms, peppers etc...

For dry food, I'd be partial to the vacuum-sealed mylar with an oxygen-absorber for extra safety, as you are using... But if the "critters" were laid "inside the bean on the vine", I don't see how they wouldn't "grow & eat their way through" - unless you "grilled" the beans before bagging them...

I don't see a problem with "grilling raw rice" either before packing...

Last edited:

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I've never been into "prepping" and "jarring" and "storing"... But from what I think I know, the absence of air in a vacuum-sealed container is the most important.

In Italy, I just loved the many-years-old jars of veggies stored in olive-oil... Soft and unctuous, full of flavor... Mushrooms, peppers etc...

For dry food, I'd be partial to the vacuum-sealed mylar with an oxygen-absorber for extra safety, as you are using... But if the "critters" were laid "inside the bean on the vine", I don't see how they wouldn't "grow & eat their way through" - unless you "grilled" the beans before bagging them...

I don't see a problem with "grilling raw rice" either before packing...
if it get bad enough we need to go into the stuff I packed I will just cook the critters with the rice and throw some sauce on it so know one knows. :2 thumbs up:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
if it get bad enough we need to go into the stuff I packed I will just cook the critters with the rice and throw some sauce on it so know one knows. :2 thumbs up:
more "protein"...