• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Veteran creates go fund me for Trumps Wall,

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Imagine how much he could raise on this wall if we had constitutional taxation in this country. Just goes to show that if something really needs to be done the people will gladly pay out of their own pockets to do it and we do not need government to make it happen.

Reminds me a thread I wanted to start. List all the problems government has solved. Figured it would die out pretty quick since the list would be 0

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Imagine how much he could raise on this wall if we had constitutional taxation in this country. Just goes to show that if something really needs to be done the people will gladly pay out of their own pockets to do it and we do not need government to make it happen.

Reminds me a thread I wanted to start. List all the problems government has solved. Figured it would die out pretty quick since the list would be 0
This thing has been steadily averaging $3M a day and I believe it will just keep going the more people are made aware of it. I hope the entertainers sulk every night and every day about it on TV so sleeping American sheep can be made more and more aware.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
my thought is this,

the wall funding created by those of this should be sent down to willing border property owners.

with their blessing, contract and build the sections without regard for .gov.

just build the damn thing

choose the areas in most need of help for the border patrols

starting with south texas and near tijuana

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
the noise out of washington is this has to go gen fund then be distributed by the theives,

then they were talking about legally tying the funds up using the 'laws' related to dough donated by or to these organizations
Congress is best at keeping shit tied up for years. They all need to be taken out and whipped

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
the noise out of washington is this has to go gen fund then be distributed by the theives,

then they were talking about legally tying the funds up using the 'laws' related to dough donated by or to these organizations
Listen to the POTUS Channel on Sirius Chan. 125 (+/-) the other day. One caller suggested opening the funds to ranchers whose lands run to the border. Allow the ranchers to build the wall in sections on their Privately OWNED LANDS.

I LOVE THE IDEA

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
my thought is this,

the wall funding created by those of this should be sent down to willing border property owners.

with their blessing, contract and build the sections without regard for .gov.

just build the damn thing

choose the areas in most need of help for the border patrols

starting with south texas and near tijuana
Would totally agree but what kind of permit would be required (or denied).

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Did they publish it in Spanish to target mexican donors?
What happens if/when it doesn't get built? Do they get a refund, or write it off as therapy?

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Would totally agree but what kind of permit would be required (or denied).
I'd go with "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". As the anti-bureaucratic sayin' goes " Better to seek forgiveness than to seek permission".
Plus I don't think Ranchers and Farmers need permits to "Put up a "fence".

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What happens if/when it doesn't get built? Do they get a refund, or write it off as therapy?
You're late to the party, Lib. and evidently have not visited the GFM page. MONIES will be refunded.
Some have offered to leave their funding to support the WOUNDED Soldier who started the page.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I'd go with "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". As the anti-bureaucratic sayin' goes " Better to seek forgiveness than to seek permission".
Plus I don't think Ranchers and Farmers need permits to "Put up a "fence".
Roger, but I'm imagining a real wall, not a fence. The liberal .Gov could easily demand it be dozed through fines and penalties if they were in control of that jurisdiction. Trust me I'm a fan of quietly doing as I please with out their permission.

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Some have offered to leave their funding to support the WOUNDED Soldier who started the page.
I would do that. The guy gave up parts of an arm and both legs. My $50 donation for the wall is a small thing.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
YA DON’T SAY!

Shocker! The GoFundMe Campaign to Build the Wall Is a Bust
And now, the donors to the effort are demanding answers.

Will Sommer
05.10.19 5:09 AM ET

Making donors more nervous is that Kolfage has a history of participating in questionable endeavors. He was a prolific operator of hoax pages on Facebook, and money he raised in the past to help veterans’ programs in hospitals never actually went to those hospitals.

This story originally appeared in Right Richter, a newsletter by Will Sommer. Subscribe now to see what’s happening in right-wing media from the safety of your inbox.

Back in December, Washington state Trump supporter Joshua Greene donated a small amount of money to the crowdfunding effort to build a wall along the southern U.S. border. He wasn’t alone. The GoFundMe page to build the wall, to which he’d donated, was a sensation on the right in late 2018 and raised more than $20 million.

Organized by triple-amputee veteran Brian Kolfage, the campaign eventually morphed into a nonprofit called We Build the Wall, which promised to build portions of the wall on private land using the money it raised.

Months later, there’s no evidence that any construction has started, despite claims from Kolfage and his allies that construction would start in April. And now Greene is wondering what ever happened to that wall he was promised his dollars would fund?

“The lack of updates is very concerning,” Greene wrote in an email to Right Richter.

He’s not the only GoFundMe donor curious about what happened to the wall money. Since We Build the Wall blew their April deadline, Twitter replies to Kolfage and the group’s Facebook page have filled up with angry donors. Greene started tweeting his displeasure, too.

Why no updates on the status of the wall? I have a feeling this is a scam.​
— Billy Costigan (@BroncosNerd) April 30, 2019

We Build the Wall has frequently presented itself as poised to start building portions of the wall on private land. In February, former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach—who is a member of We Build the Wall’s board of directors—claimed that the group was “getting ready to break ground, probably in April.”

Kolfage himself went further, saying in a radio interview in March that “we’re going to start breaking ground next month.” The group had even promised to invite donors to a groundbreaking ceremony.

More than a week into May, though, We Build the Wall hasn’t shown any proof that any ground has been broken, and donors say they weren’t invited to any promised groundbreaking ceremony.

Donors to the group have begun taking out their frustrations on the organization’s Facebook page, which often hypes the threat of immigrants crossing the border illegally.

“Show me video of wall being built and I’ll pony up my next donation,” reads one angry Facebook comment.

“Where is the rest of the money going?” reads another.

Complicating the effort further is that it’s not that easy to find private land right on the border where a wall can be built.

Kolfage and We Build the Wall’s board of directors have spent plenty of time in Arizona, ostensibly scouting private land to build the wall. But The Phoenix New Times reported in March that the “vast majority” of land on the border in the state is owned by the federal government. Meanwhile, many of the people who actually own land on the border told the New Times that they hadn’t been contacted by We Build the Wall.

We Build the Wall didn’t respond to requests for comment. In a Facebook comment this week, the group claimed, once again, that it was very close to building the wall. Conveniently, though, We Build the Wall claimed the information about the private wall’s location had to be “secure” in order to confound liberal foes.

“VERY soon we can release the details but have to keep that information secure for the time being as to prevent giving our detractors a heads up to derail our progress,” the statement reads. “Soon, everyone will have the update they’ve been waiting for which we can’t wait to share. This updated delay is just the unfortunate process of building a controversial barrier some people don’t want to happen.”

Kolfage has made similar statements in the past, claiming in a March radio interview that he can’t say where the wall will be built because Trump critics like the American Civil Liberties Union would try to stop it.

“I wish I could name where it’s at, but we can’t name it because of the ACLU, these other liberal groups that want to sue us and impede our progress,” Kolfage said. “But it’s actually happening.”

As for Greene, he’s fed up with the lack of information about the campaign he financially supported.

“I knew Brian had some previous shady GoFundMe campaigns,” Greene emailed. “I felt more confident when he brought on other big names to work with him, I haven’t seen a tweet from ANY of them.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/shocker-the-gofundme-campaign-to-build-the-wall-is-a-bust

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My gut feeling is the Army Corp of Engineers has been busy building the wall for over a year now. Think Omnibus!!!
You were correct shooty!

1/2 mile of wall per day is being completed.