• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Vid: Dancing FBI Agent Drops Gun & Shoots Bar Patron

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Denver Police investigating accidental shooting from gun of an off-duty FBI agent
Denver7 – The Denver Channel

Published on Jun 2, 2018
Police are investigating an accidental shooting that sent a person to a hospital early Saturday morning. The apparent, accidental shooting happened just before 12:45 a.m. at a club in the 2200 block of Lawrence Street in the Lower Downtown neighborhood of Denver.

More here:

Off-duty FBI agent allegedly shot a man accidentally after gun falls on dance floor in Denver bar
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/02/fbi-mile-high-spirits-shooting/

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Agreed, he grabbed it and picked it up with his finger on the trigger

Prolly a Glock

I love Glocks :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Agreed, he grabbed it and picked it up with his finger on the trigger

Prolly a Glock

I love Glocks :)
Gotta give him kudos for carrying with one in the pipe!!

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
He was probably undercover

Oh those folks at the FBI sure know how to mix business and pleasure :2 thumbs up:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Why are they allowed to carry concealed in bars and we're not?

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Remember, FBI can waterboard
Concealed Carry and acting irresponsible? Fogetaboutit

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
So, what happens to a fool like that?

I know what we all would basically do, but, what will the law, he's the law to you and me, what's going to happen to this idiot? Will we ever know?

Is it even real?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
So, what happens to a fool like that?

Off-duty FBI agent is charged with assault after accidentally shooting a man in the leg after his gun fell from its holster while he was doing a backflip

• Chase Bishop, 29, turned himself into Denver Sheriff's Department on Tuesday
  • Bishop was formally charged with second-degree assault on Tuesday afternoon
  • Agent was dancing at Mile High Spirits Tasting Room when gun fell from holster
  • Firearm went off when the agent picked it up injuring Thomas Reddington, 24
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-accidentally-shot-man-leg-hands-police.html

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I wonder what the plea bargain "deal" is going to be?......

IN THIS SECTION
Second-Degree Assault Is A Felony In Colorado
Second-degree assault in Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, or any other county where felony assault is charged in Colorado, can be charged when a person causes bodily injury to another person and causes such injury to any person by means of a deadly weapon. Your intent and the fact that you never meant to cause injury is often not taken into account by police when charging assault in the second degree in Colorado. It is important to note that "deadly weapon" is a very vague and broad definition that district attorneys use liberally when deciding to charge people with second-degree assault in Denver.
The main difference between felony assault in the second degree and misdemeanor third-degree assault is either the fact that a weapon was used in the felony case or a serious bodily injury (SBI) occurred. Too often, doctors are willing to sign off on an SBI form that police put in front of them and all of a sudden, the typical bar fight or fight outside the stadium just turned into a felony. Now you have to post a very high bail amount to get out of jail.
As a condition of your bond, you may have to wear an ankle monitor, and sometimes you will have to move out of your home if the assault is charged as a charge of domestic violence. Assault in the second degree in Boulder, Adams, Arapahoe and all other counties in Colorado is a class 4 felony (F4). This felony charge can destroy your career, your family and your life. It is important to not take these charges lightly. Hiring an experienced assault attorney in Jefferson County can be the difference between your success and failure in defending assault charges.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I wonder what the plea bargain "deal" is going to be?......
FBI Will bring in a $100.K expert witness to testify that glocks can sometimes go off when exposed to bad dancing.
Guy will probably get the usual paid vacation.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
This is a hell of way, to wreck a career...make a deal.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Stupidity should always be culpable whenever it causes harm.

He was drunk, he forgot he was carrying a deadly weapon in his open top rear inside the pants holster as he was partying and doing flips and gosh darn, the damn thing flys out of his holster as he's doin a 360 flip, goes off as he picks it up with his finger on the trigger, and I could go on and on. STUPID in caps...

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Allegedly shot.....ha!......
Your Honor , and ladies and gentlemen of the Jury , my client was not the one who pulled the trigger.
There are others in the crowd who had guns and it was someone in that crowd who actually was trying to kill my client , an Honorable FBI servant who helps blind senior citizens across the street...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
FBI agent avoids jail time after gun fires while dancing

CBSNews
December 21, 2018 at 1:30 pm

An FBI agent whose gun went off while dancing at a Denver nightclub, injuring a bystander, has pleaded guilty to third-degree assault and will avoid jail time, CBS Denver reported.

Chase Bishop, 30, appeared in a Denver courtroom Friday and was sentenced to two years of probation.

Bishop's gun went off on June 2 inside Mile High Spirits Tasting Room. The shot struck a man in the leg, seriously wounding him.

In a viral video that captured the incident, Bishop was seen doing a backflip on the dance floor and the gun fell out of his waistband. When he picked it up, the gun went off.

Bishop was off-duty at the time of the incident.

The Denver Post reported that Bishop pleaded guilty last month as part of a deal with prosecutors, and was also fined and ordered to pay restitution to the victim, 24-year-old Tom Reddington. Bishop reportedly apologized to Reddington, who was also in court Friday.

"My whole goal in life is to care, protect and serve people," Bishop reportedly told a judge. "I never expected the result of my actions to lead to something like this."

Judge Karen Brody reportedly cited Bishop's lack of criminal history as she agreed to accept the plea agreement.

"This is a tragic situation," Brody said after she announced Bishop's sentence. "It's a lesson for everyone -- how decisions, when you're not being conscious of what you're doing, decisions you make carelessly, with negligence, can turn into really serious consequences."

"I think in the future," she reportedly told Bishop, "you will never make that kind of mistake again."

An FBI spokeswoman declined to provide an update to CBS News on Bishop's employment status, citing a standard practice not to comment on personnel matters.

Reddington reportedly spoke emotionally in court about how the injury has affected him, saying he lost his job at an Amazon warehouse, suffers from chronic leg pain and feels uncomfortable when he sees armed law enforcement officials in public.

But according to the Denver Post, he said he "holds no personal grudge against Mr. Bishop."

"I've done stupid things at bars to impress girls, too," Reddington said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fb...gun-fires-while-dancing/ar-BBRhyui?ocid=ientp

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
FBI agent avoids jail time after gun fires while dancing

CBSNews
December 21, 2018 at 1:30 pm

An FBI agent whose gun went off while dancing at a Denver nightclub, injuring a bystander, has pleaded guilty to third-degree assault and will avoid jail time, CBS Denver reported.

Chase Bishop, 30, appeared in a Denver courtroom Friday and was sentenced to two years of probation.

Bishop's gun went off on June 2 inside Mile High Spirits Tasting Room. The shot struck a man in the leg, seriously wounding him.

In a viral video that captured the incident, Bishop was seen doing a backflip on the dance floor and the gun fell out of his waistband. When he picked it up, the gun went off.

Bishop was off-duty at the time of the incident.

The Denver Post reported that Bishop pleaded guilty last month as part of a deal with prosecutors, and was also fined and ordered to pay restitution to the victim, 24-year-old Tom Reddington. Bishop reportedly apologized to Reddington, who was also in court Friday.

"My whole goal in life is to care, protect and serve people," Bishop reportedly told a judge. "I never expected the result of my actions to lead to something like this."

Judge Karen Brody reportedly cited Bishop's lack of criminal history as she agreed to accept the plea agreement.

"This is a tragic situation," Brody said after she announced Bishop's sentence. "It's a lesson for everyone -- how decisions, when you're not being conscious of what you're doing, decisions you make carelessly, with negligence, can turn into really serious consequences."

"I think in the future," she reportedly told Bishop, "you will never make that kind of mistake again."

An FBI spokeswoman declined to provide an update to CBS News on Bishop's employment status, citing a standard practice not to comment on personnel matters.

Reddington reportedly spoke emotionally in court about how the injury has affected him, saying he lost his job at an Amazon warehouse, suffers from chronic leg pain and feels uncomfortable when he sees armed law enforcement officials in public.

But according to the Denver Post, he said he "holds no personal grudge against Mr. Bishop."

"I've done stupid things at bars to impress girls, too," Reddington said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fb...gun-fires-while-dancing/ar-BBRhyui?ocid=ientp
My shocked face >:-O