• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Waitress stiffed a tip on a $735 takeout order, then fired after she complained on Facebook

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Another offended snowflake

Tamlynn Yoder, 25, of Lake Park, Fla., lost her job at Outback Steakhouse after she complained in a social media post about not getting a tip.

Christ Fellowship Church placed a $735 takeout order and sent someone to pick it up. They did not leave a gratuity for the order.

“We take the order over the phone, we put the order together, take payment and then take order to the car,” Yoder told the Palm Beach Post. “It’s a lot of work just as much as serving.”

Yoder took to Facebook in frustration and called out Christ Church on not leaving a tip, but didn’t mention where she worked.

A friend of Yoder’s told her to delete the post and that he would call the church about the tip. When Yoder came into work the next day, she was told that the church had been given a full refund and that she was fired.

Cathie Koch, a spokeswoman for Outback Steakhouse, told the Post that it’s company policy to not allow employees to post on social media about customers and wouldn’t discuss specifics of this incident.

“We did not call the restaurant to have her fired; we wanted to get the situation resolved,” said David Lonsberry, an executive director of business for Christ Fellowship, in an interview with the Post.

Lonsberry went on to say that the person they sent to pick up the food didn’t realize that a tip is customary on takeout orders.

“He probably didn’t know to tip since it was a rush of the moment thing,” said Lonsberry. The volunteer was sent because Outback’s delivery service was delayed.

Yoder is looking for a new job and says that she’ll stay in the service industry. “One day I would like to own my own restaurant,” Yoder told the Post. “I love this business.”

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
She really looks toxic and unhealthy.

In this CNBC article Steve Bannon predicts that the "anti-patriarchy movement" is going to be bigger than the Tea Party:

www.cnbc.com/2018/02/09/steve-bannon-womens-anger-is-going-to-be-bigger-than-the-tea-party .html

This writer made a similar prediction -- and explained the phenomenon -- back in November in a two part series on "Toxic Feminism"

Here: www.scottlively.net/2017/11/20/toxic-feminism-and-judge-roy-moore/

and Here: Toxic Feminism Part Two: The Rebranding of the Democratic Party.

In summary, I think this is a well-planned strategy of the Clinton/Bush/Obama/Soros Purple Revolution to rally women from both parties (poaching women from the GOP) on the theme that men have forfeited their right to lead society and that it's womens' turn to try. This is all about countering the migration of various other traditional Democrat constituencies including blue collar men, Jews and Labor Unions to President Trump by maximizing the feminist vote.

I think the best answer to this movement is a straightforward defense of patriarchy as a well proven Biblical prerequisite for optimal security and prosperity in human civilization. This must include a robust advocacy of authentic masculinity to the young men of our society, to rescue them from the increasingly bizarre pursuit and normalization of androgyny and gender confusion by the leftists.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A tip is optional and paid only if earned. Apparently her employer didn't think she earned a tip either. Looks like her employer was tired of her eating all the restaurant's food.

She doesn't belong in the restaurant business anyway. If I was 150 pounds overweight, I wouldn't get a job in the food service industry.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A tip is optional and paid only if earned. Apparently her employer didn't think she earned a tip either. Looks like her employer was tired of her eating all the restaurant's food.
She doesn't belong in the restaurant business anyway. If I was 150 pounds overweight, I wouldn't get a job in the food service industry.
Exactly,
Maybe restaurants should start listing "entitlements" next to the prices on the menu.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

A tip, or gratuity, is just that and nothing more. No one owes you a tip - period. It is given as a gesture because the restaurant cartel invented it many years ago. They let everyone know that servers do not get a lot of money, and it is up to the customer to make up the difference for that "income inequality" . Restaurants today actually print the amount of tip to give, based on cost of food at the bottom of the receipt. What fucking nerve. . I waited tables and bartended for many years. Sometimes tips were good, sometimes they were not. No one went home crying because they got stiffed.

Another interesting point . The 'news' team let us know that this was the top story they'd been talking about all f'ing day - really ? This is what MSM had as their leading story ?

gratuity (grə-to͞oˈĭ-tē, -tyo͞oˈ-)

• n.
    A favor or gift, usually in the form of money, given in return for service.
More at Wordnik
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I've always had a problem with tip earners having a lower pay than other workers. If I leave a tip, it should be because of exceptional service, not because someone's pay is cut in expectation. I understand the idea that a lower pay forces a server to behave better to get better tips or suffer a pay cut at the hands of the customer ... but that's stupid logic. Pay them properly, and if they don't meet standard, fire them. Don't leave the burden of disciplining your employees to me, your customer. Similarly restaurants that have a % gratuity included on the bill ... screw you .. that's nothing more than an off menu price mark up. Price your food properly, pay your employees properly and keep your BS off my bill.

AguA

Seeker
Seeker
Servers like to complain that they don't make minimum wage without getting tips but it's not true.

From the FLSA-
"Tips may be considered as part of wages, but the employer must pay not less than $2.13 an hour in direct wages and make sure that the amount of tips received is enough to meet the remainder of the minimum wage."
"If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct (or cash) wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the minimum hourly wage of $7.25 per hour, the employer must make up the difference."

My son's first job was a server for the minimums stated above. An opening came up in the kitchen that no one else would take "because out front is where the money is". Yeah well, his move got him $9.00 an hour plus his share of the tips.

So provide great service or take on more responsibility in a better paying job.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
40 years ago, my son was 8 years old, we stopped at a truck stop in Indio, Calif. My son wanted a hot chocolate milk. When it came, he said "Dad, this is terrible", I tasted it, he was right, it was like dish water. I told the waitress & she said, "Yes, it is bad, I will go back & warm some real milk & put "Boscoe" in it for him," It was delicious. I left the largest % tip of my life, never to be exceeded up to today !!! That is what a tip (or lack of) is, a "Thank You" for good/great or lousy service !
It is NOT an entitlement !!!!!

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The flip side can be seen in countries where the "tip is included". Take Paris, France, for instance - Wait forever for service, get treated like dirt, since there's NO MOTIVATION to provide good "service". The 18% is added AUTOMATICALLY to your bill....

chrisflhtc

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
A take out order is just that, TAKE OUT. The restaurants job is to make meals for people! If the people are "served" shouldn't the bill reflect the service? If I pick up my order from the restaurant that is in the business of making meals for people,be satisfied with paying the "bill" as tendered??? I get others to make/present a meal for me, the price should reflect the cost of (making/serving the meal) don't try and tell me I owe an unspecified amount over the bill tendered, for services rendered to compensate your employee for working there. I do tip 20%+ for meals and services that I partake of but I do not tip for take out as that is the business that restaurants are in the business of.
Chris

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I rarely eat out. My homemade steaks, burgers, chicken and ribs are 10x better than any I could go out and pay 5 times market value for.
And any chain restaurant is just McDonalds with alcoholic drinks.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
40 years ago, my son was 8 years old, we stopped at a truck stop in Indio, Calif. My son wanted a hot chocolate milk. When it came, he said "Dad, this is terrible", I tasted it, he was right, it was like dish water. I told the waitress & she said, "Yes, it is bad, I will go back & warm some real milk & put "Boscoe" in it for him," It was delicious. I left the largest % tip of my life, never to be exceeded up to today !!! That is what a tip (or lack of) is, a "Thank You" for good/great or lousy service !
It is NOT an entitlement !!!!!
WTF is Boscoe? Sounds like an insecticide. :Yuck:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cool. A milk amplifier. I'm gonna get some and pour it on my acoustic guitar!

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So Outback has a written policy against employees making social media posts about customers...but this lady thought that she was too good to follow said policy. Glad they fired her. Too many people think that the rules are not for THEM, but for others.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I'm flabbergasted at the notion that she thinks bagging and carrying that take-out order to the car is as much work as serving 20+ people. SMH.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Here, I did it for you.
Boscoe.jpg

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
When I was in Texas, cafeteria-style independent BBQ joints were common and very delicious. No tipping, no waitress. I sure miss them. I quit eating at restaurants 8 years ago.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
WTF is Boscoe? Sounds like an insecticide. :Yuck:
Even though Hershey is a stone throw away
I had one of these send in a label for a free things:

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cute CIA effigy.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm not a fan of the tip being included in the price either. When we went to Emerils in nola last Nov the tip was included. like 450 bucks just for the tip. The service was exceptional and I would have left that anyway but still not a fan of it.. Also I have mixed emotions on tipping for an 800 bottle of wine. Thats 160.00 tip just to open and pour some wine. Seems a bit excessive to me. I know it needs to be decanted and then served but the reality is it was a 2 hr dinner. Thats 80 bucks an hr to have someone pour my wine. Actually more than that since the champagne was also 400, so total tip was 240 bucks just for alcohol. Included in the check of course.

For takeout like Olive garden or something , most of the work is done in back. All the waitress does is put it in a bag with some napkins. I give her a couple bucks but not 15 or 20%. And yea from the looks of things that server was eating into the profits at outback. :).

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I quit eating at restaurants 8 years ago.
We only eat in one particular Chinese restaurant & that is maybe once a month, when we are in town & hungry.
When we travel. we pack our food with us.

I'm not a fan of the tip being included in the price either. When we went to Emerils in nola last Nov the tip was included. like 450 bucks just for the tip. The service was exceptional and I would have left that anyway but still not a fan of it.. Also I have mixed emotions on tipping for an 800 bottle of wine. Thats 160.00 tip just to open and pour some wine. Seems a bit excessive to me. I know it needs to be decanted and then served but the reality is it was a 2 hr dinner. Thats 80 bucks an hr to have someone pour my wine. Actually more than that since the champagne was also 400, so total tip was 240 bucks just for alcohol. Included in the check of course.

For takeout like Olive garden or something , most of the work is done in back. All the waitress does is put it in a bag with some napkins. I give her a couple bucks but not 15 or 20%. And yea from the looks of things that server was eating into the profits at outback. :).
Damn, Cigarlover, you swimming in money, or what !!! I thought my 80 dollar bottles of wine, back in the 80's was rich !!

:belly laugh:

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
I always leave a buck or two if I get takeout and they have a tip jar but TIP means to insure promptness not gime gime gime

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Whippersnapper !!!

:) Funny how once you past whippersnapper age you actually enjoy being called a whippersnapper. I'll take it either way I can get it!

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"Here's a tip honey, hit the gym and cut the carbs." :exercise:

That ought to be worth a couple hundred fiat.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Get a job at walmart, huge manatee!

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Church compensates Outback Steakhouse server who was fired after she complained on Facebook about them stiffing her on a $735 order
  • Tamlynn Yoder was fired on Thursday in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
  • She had filled a $735 carry-out order for Christ Fellowship the day before
  • Yoder was fired after breaking company policy on discussing customers online
  • Church group says it was a misunderstanding and apologized for not tipping
  • On Monday, Christ Fellowship compensated the 25 year-old over the ordeal
  • Yoder said compensation totaled 'more than the tip' but didn't disclose amount

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5383121/Church-compensates-fired-Outback-server.html#ixzz56wH2iFPU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I don't get carry out often, but when I do I don't tip, even if I see a jar.
I don't tip at the Kroger when I buy a rack of cooked ribs either.

As for cigarlover, hey, I once paid my buddy a couple of bucks to get me some maddog 20-20 and crack it open. That's as far as I go with wine. You my friend are what I call a high roller.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I wouldn't reward such a rude discourteous gossiping cow of a female. She got what she deserved. If it had been the Hell's Angels or the KKK she would be pushing up daisies in the springtime or wearing cement shoes!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Church compensates Outback Steakhouse server who was fired after she complained on Facebook about them stiffing her on a $735 order
  • Tamlynn Yoder was fired on Thursday in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
  • She had filled a $735 carry-out order for Christ Fellowship the day before
  • Yoder was fired after breaking company policy on discussing customers online
  • Church group says it was a misunderstanding and apologized for not tipping
  • On Monday, Christ Fellowship compensated the 25 year-old over the ordeal
  • Yoder said compensation totaled 'more than the tip' but didn't disclose amount

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5383121/Church-compensates-fired-Outback-server.html#ixzz56wH2iFPU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
She got her tip but her big mouth lost her a job! Karma is a bitch!