• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Waitress stiffed a tip on a $735 takeout order, then fired after she complained on Facebook

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
TIP means to insure promptness
Finanly someone got it. (T)o (I)nsure (P)romptness. That is what it always meant. Many times I have seen our order sitting under the heatlamp while the server stood there gabbing. The wife now knows to leave before the check is settled because there is sure to be words when I don't leave anything while explaining to these dimwits what TIP means.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
A lot of waitresses salivate like Pavlov's dogs expectantly when an order gets packed up, like it is their divine right! Not tipping sends a message and maybe some of these money hounds need to learn some manners and humility and to keep their gaping maws shut!

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A lot of waitresses salivate like Pavlov's dogs expectantly when an order gets packed up, like it is their divine right! Not tipping sends a message and maybe some of these money hounds need to learn some manners and humility and to keep their gaping maws shut!
It's gonna be a tough awakening for these generations where no one's a loser.
"Your the last winner Smegma" Here's a trophy.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
When I was in Texas, cafeteria-style independent BBQ joints were common and very delicious. No tipping, no waitress. I sure miss them. I quit eating at restaurants 8 years ago.
A lot places have gone to cafeteria style ordering - now they call it Fast Casual and it is the fastest growing segment of the restaurant business. No tipping.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I would find a new church that doesnt order $800 in steak for pick up.
They dont have to give Her a tip.
She has the right to bitch about it.
Her employer has the right to shit can Her.
What was the story here?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
They dont have to give Her a tip.
She has the right to bitch about it.
Her employer has the right to shit can Her.
What was the story here?
Equal rights were had by all and all invoked their rights. It's a non story. The world would be a better place without fat whiny bitches always looking for attention!

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
I bought some bbq at this one restaurant where you tell the cook what you want, weigh the meat, and then pay at the register. I used a card, and the touch screen asked how much do I want to give for a tip. I selected 0 of course. Some people are tipping for that. Crazy.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Really. Especially when one considers that the a big portion of the price at a place like that is the ambiance of the experience and that of being served as one eats. You don't really get any of that on a to-go order.
...and if it's at a place where there is a wait to be seated, by taking your stuff to go you are allowing the restaurant to serve more people (Ie: make more money) at a given time than they otherwise would have been able to had you required 25sqft of their floor space for the better part of an hour in order to consume your food.

So imho, to-go orders are at least 10-15% cheaper for the establishment. If the "server" demands a tip, give them that.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
How Christian, stiff the tip then get a refund and get the waitress fired.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Apparently, the person picking up the order didn't know that there was no tip. Additionally, the Church has apparently given money to the woman.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Apparently, the person picking up the order didn't know that there was no tip. Additionally, the Church has apparently given money to the woman.
I remember being a kids and having a church do the same thing.

I just avoided dealing with them.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The waitress got herself fired and I never tip on takeout orders some am totally on board with that! Did the church get their money refunded? If so, why? They weren't owed anything.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The waitress got herself fired and I never tip on takeout orders some am totally on board with that! Did the church get their money refunded? If so, why? They weren't owed anything.
Squeaky wheel I guess.

$735 order takes some time away from tipping customers.

When it happened to me I had about an hour and a half of time.

Missed about $30 bucks in tips.

I didn't bitch but didn't take that run again.

That Church was notorious for not tipping.

The boss could not fire us all and hiring more to replace us would lead to the same situation anyway.

My tip was watch out for religious hypocrisy.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
Getting a big job is a Godsend for any business. They should be grateful, because many competitors could have gotten it; and realize that unless they did it all well, next time their competitor could get it. And nothing spoils the appetite like ingratitude. Another reason to feed the cow to the sharks.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I don't tangle with churches who ask for a tax exemption from government.
Lesson learned.
Religion is a money racket. I have a post or two kicking around here that touches on that very subject!

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Squeaky wheel I guess.

$735 order takes some time away from tipping customers.

When it happened to me I had about an hour and a half of time.

Missed about $30 bucks in tips.

I didn't bitch but didn't take that run again.

That Church was notorious for not tipping.

The boss could not fire us all and hiring more to replace us would lead to the same situation anyway.

My tip was watch out for religious hypocrisy.
How do you even begin to think tipping has anything to do with religion or hypocrisy?

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
How do you even begin to think tipping has anything to do with religion or hypocrisy?
Is a workman worthy of his hire?

Is part of the restaurant being able to pay low wages off set by tipping?

Yes to both.

I pointed out I had a similar experience with religious organizations.

Is it hypocrisy to ask government for a religious tax exemption the reject the premise that one should be compensated for work done?

I say yes.

I say there should be no tax exemption for religious organizations.

Trust in God but as so the state for a tax exemption?

The cheap skate cutting the check forgot to tip on a $700+ order?

Maybe after the bad press.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Bullsquat. It's a TAKE-OUT order. It wasn't delivered. It wasn't served. Anyone that thinks that deserves a tip is fooling themselves into believing they're entitled to other people's money. I'd gladly take my carry-out business where it's appreciated instead if I were them. In fact the management recognizes that and is why they canned her. So none of your post is applicable to the example at hand.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Now that she is no longer employed she can open up her own restaurant like she wants to. What is she going to name it?
The Bitch & Tip

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Bullsquat. It's a TAKE-OUT order. It wasn't delivered. It wasn't served. Anyone that thinks that deserves a tip is fooling themselves into believing they're entitled to other people's money. I'd gladly take my carry-out business where it's appreciated instead if I were them. In fact the management recognizes that and is why they canned her. So none of your post is applicable to the example at hand.
Can you spend your time away from customers to prepare my order on your time for free?

You work for free for strangers right?

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
We should get some wetbacks in the restaurant industry to displace the lazy fat Americans!

Lmao.

America's addicted to cheap labor and that isn't cheap enough.

chrisflhtc

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
Can you spend your time away from customers to prepare my order on your time for free?

You work for free for strangers right?
I would be a customer.If a restaurant cant make money just selling the food they shouldn't be in the business

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I would be a customer.If a restaurant cant make money just selling the food they shouldn't be in the business
How long do you work for free or take time away from other customers to put an order together?

How long does it take to put together a $735 order.

1 minute?
10?

How much free time should a minimum wage worker work for your order to deserve a tip?

If tipping isn't custom for take out then why do they have wait staff putting it together

Seems management should do it as they are salary.

Then there would be no issue.

I don't expect people to work for free.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
:) Funny how once you past whippersnapper age you actually enjoy being called a whippersnapper. I'll take it either way I can get it!
ALSO, once you past the "Old Fart" age, you actually enjoy being called an "Old Fart". I know !!!

:belly laugh:

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
How long do you work for free or take time away from other customers to put an order together?

How long does it take to put together a $735 order.

1 minute?
10?

How much free time should a minimum wage worker work for your order to deserve a tip?

If tipping isn't custom for take out then why do they have wait staff putting it together

Seems management should do it as they are salary.

Then there would be no issue.

I don't expect people to work for free.
I think the problem is the layer of abstraction. Pretty much everyone knows 15% is a standard tip, but you also know when you sit down at a restaurant the server works for that tip. If $735 was the total bill and you had a large party of say 25 people in the restaurant, the server would really be working hard for that tip. But on take out, how much work does the server really do?

bb

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I think the problem is the layer of abstraction. Pretty much everyone knows 15% is a standard tip, but you also know when you sit down at a restaurant the server works for that tip. If $735 was the total bill and you had a large party of say 25 people in the restaurant, the server would really be working hard for that tip. But on take out, how much work does the server really do?

bb
Which is the precise reason I don't tip on takeout orders. I'm not going to hand my money away, it should be earned like I earned it.