• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WAR FOR TAIWAN?

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score
So, once China destroys or captures TAIWAN, and the shipments of all semi conductors STOP IMMEDIATELY.

Then all your electronic devices will slowly start to wear out.

YOU can't get any new computers/phones/etc to replace the failing ones?

That's OK by you?

It sure as heck is OK by me.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
IBM is a dinosaur by tech standards.
More relevant would be Intel, which recently announced it would focus only on designing chips and outsource manufacturing.

Didja somehow miss the fargin point, gnome? Can you guess what the red letters mean?

IBM essentially IS NO MORE. We cannot make today even the computers we made 20 years ago.

Got it? Yes, IBM IS a dinosaur. Yes, like I said, it is fargin GONE from AMERICA. GONE.

Like a dinosaur, it is extinct here in America.

So your up-to-date Intel can just OUTSOURCE (to a country that is NOT America) to get their stuff made. Providing the Chicoms let them. And get the "intel" regarding them.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
If cheap labor is the issue in creating micro-chips why not use the U.S. Prison system to manufacture them ?
Every prison system has some version of manufacturing to help keep the inmate population busy which helps time go by.
UNICOR ( Federal) makes or made the cable assemblies for military missile systems such as The Patriot.
Only make the chips themselves, and Q/C the chips only, and ship out.
Motherboards and further assembly would need to be done in the private sector for security reasons.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If cheap labor is the issue in creating micro-chips why not use the U.S. Prison system to manufacture them ?
Every prison system has some version of manufacturing to help keep the inmate population busy which helps time go by.
UNICOR ( Federal) makes or made the cable assemblies for military missile systems such as The Patriot.
Motherboards and further assembly would need to be done in the private sector for security reasons.

Bro -- "Cheap labor" is not even in the freakin' picture. That is zerio, zip, nada a problem at the slightest.

It is the now-scattered and mostly flat out LOST knowledge that has to be gathered to create an infrastructure of multiple-level manufacturing lines, complete with supply sources. <-- Get all that shit set up, and THEN you can start hiring.

Do you know how to draw pure silicon wafers? Lay out circuits on a single chip that contain books and libraries and memory and computing capability? Turn those circuits into actual microscopic layers of N+ Si yada semiconductors? Do you know C4 technology? <-- how to solder to glass to metal. I do not, either.

WE NO LONGER CAN DO THE ABOVE. Using prisoners makes a dent like a butterfly fart in a cottonball. It ain't a money problem at all. It is the result of decades of treason by shitAmericans and DS/cabal.

Last edited:

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is Texas Instruments, they claim to manufacture semiconductors, to what extent idk.

Texas Instruments has been making progress possible for decades. We are a global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures, tests and sells analog and embedded processing chips.
https://www.ti.com/about-ti/overview.html

The semiconductor industry seems like a good pick for investment.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There is Texas Instruments, they claim to manufacture semiconductors, to what extent idk.

Emphasis mine to make my point a tad deeper into the meat.

"Texas Instruments has been making progress possible for decades. We are a global semiconductor company..."

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They make some chips in Texas

That’s a new plant.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
If you’re a patriot, then you should realize that the fight for America isn’t with the republic of China and the people’s republic of China, it’s against our own politicians on our own soil who put us in this bad position in the first place.

You, SIR are an absolute idiot to say stupid shit like this. OUR POLITICIANS have not had any thoughts of their own FOR AT LEAST FORTY YEARS. And they have not written any of our laws for AT LEAST the past twenty years.

Patriot Act? Written by K STREET LAWYERS
Obama Care? Written by K STREET LAWYERS

Pretty much everything that has been done BY BOTH FUCKING SIDES has been written by K STREET LAWYERS... and all these boobs do is put it up, pass it - gotta pass the law to READ THE LAW - what none of those ass wipe attorney's can read a law BEFORE they pass it? Give me a break. They have sold out a LONG time ago. BEFORE THEY WERE ELECTED, THEY ALL PICK A SIDE AND THEN MAKE LUDICROUS ARGUMENTS FOR THEIR WHOLE TERM.

And make no mistake, BOTH SIDES HAVE SOLD US OUT.

GOT IT? BOTH SIDES ARE JUST DWEEBS DOING AS THEY ARE TOLD!!!

So stop saying such stupid things as 'It's the politicians fault'. NO, it's not.

IT'S OUR FAULT. We keep voting them in and arguing different 'sides' - one side is better than the other.

HELL NO, BOTH SIDES HAVE BEEN SELLING US OUT FOR MORE THAN FORTY YEARS.

It's TIME FOR THE NEXT CIVIL WAR. Then we will see which 'side' wins.

HINT - what ever side everyone thinks they are on - their side doesn't win

OUR OVERLORDS SIDE ALWAYS WINS - and they have NEVER been on 'our side' - regardless of which side you are on

GET IT?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Obama Care? Written by K STREET LAWYERS
Was actually written by a DNC mover while he was doing time in Federal Prison - Robert Creamer. "...He is the husband of congresswoman Jan Schakowsky, the Representative for Illinois's 9th congressional district. His firm, Democracy Partners, works with progressive electoral and issue campaigns and has 32 partners located throughout the United States.... He worked as an organizer with Saul Alinsky's last major project in Chicago. Later he founded and then led Illinois's largest coalition of progressive organizations and unions for twenty-three years.[3] Creamer became a political consultant in 1997, and served as a consultant to the Democratic National Committee during the 2008, 2012, and 2016 Presidential election campaigns.
Bank fraud and failure to pay withholding tax convictions
On March 11, 2004, Creamer, then the former executive director of the Illinois Public Action Fund, was indicted in federal court on 16 counts of bank fraud involving three alleged check-kiting schemes in the mid-1990s, leading several banks to experience temporary shortfalls of at least $2.3 million.[18] Though the check kiting was widely reported in 1997, the Justice Department did not seek an indictment until 7 years later.[19] In August 2005, Creamer pleaded guilty to one count of failure to collect $1,892 in withholding tax and one count of bank fraud, for writing checks with insufficient funds. All of the money was immediately repaid from the organization's receivables."...
On April 5, 2006, Creamer was sentenced to five months in prison and 11 months of house arrest. Creamer served his five-month incarceration at the Federal Correction Institute in Terre Haute, Indiana and was released on November 3, 2006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Creamer_(political_consultant)

So out of 2.3 million dollars of damage he pays back $1,892. ( another Jon Cornine type hand slap).

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You, SIR are an absolute idiot to say stupid shit like this. OUR POLITICIANS have not had any thoughts of their own FOR AT LEAST FORTY YEARS. And they have not written any of our laws for AT LEAST the past twenty years.

No one said they did.

Go die fighting a civil war in Asia so we can keep buying chips from the republic of China and dig our bad situation even deeper.

Our biggest enemies are over here. Why are your comprehension skills so low that you would rage on me when I pretty much agree with you?

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
They make some chips in Texas

That’s a new plant.
WELL!!

"They make some chips in Texas." :beer:

You have solved the entire problem, Mr. Muj. I stand corrected. NOT.

By keeping your eyes wide shut to the whole AMERICAN de-nutted technology picture. We've not lost a step, have we. No problem, I assume you are inferring? Or are you just being obtuse?

Texas Instruments makes 4% of the electronics -- Not cutting edge like the Chicoms who have received restricted methods and info from the Dem/DS. 4% = About the same as Toshiba. That leaves Samsung a bit, and 42% for Chicom. Most of the rest is Taiwan. DYODD.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
WELL!!

"They make some chips in Texas." :beer:

You have solved the entire problem, Mr. Muj.

By keeping your eyes wide shut to the whole AMERICAN de-nutted technology picture. We've not lost a step, have we. No problem, I assume you are inferring? Or are you just being obtuse?

Texas Instruments makes 4% of the electronics -- Not cutting edge like the Chicoms who have received restricted methods and info from the Dem/DS. 4% = About the same as Toshiba. That leaves Samsung a bit, and 42% for Chicom. Most of the rest is Taiwan. DYODD.

Where did I say we didn’t have a problem?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Where did I say we didn’t have a problem?
That must be a weakness in the medium. Each of your answers seem to be a minimizing of the terrible extent of the existing damage, and therefore some sort of loose, ad hoc rebuttal to the scope of the damage.

Am I take it then that you DO agree that the USA has been technologically crippled by the stone fact that traitors have given our best stuff to China to make for us? I would like to ask for a clear yes or no to get around the weakness of this media.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/electronic...he-pentagons-high-end-electronics-and-radars/

"For instance, the printed circuit board market hit $60 billion in 2015, so there should be plenty of suppliers for the department. But half of that market is owned by Chinese firms and the U.S. share is down to around 5 percent".

WASHINGTON ― "A new Pentagon report warns that the supply chain for high-end electronics and rare materials is increasingly at risk, likely putting radar and electronic warfare capabilities in danger as the Department of Defense relies more on these items."

"...the military’s desire to tinker with existing designs rather than create band-new weapons has left the industrial base with a lack of design experience, which means “design skills for critical components within the missile sector industrial base are at risk setting up the risk that a conflict with China could rely on Chinese-made parts."

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That must be a weakness in the medium. Each of your answers seem to be a minimizing of the terrible extent of the existing damage, and therefore some sort of loose, ad hoc rebuttal to the scope of the damage.

Am I take it then that you DO agree that the USA has been technologically crippled by the stone fact that traitors have given our best stuff to China to make for us? I would like to ask for a clear yes or no to get around the weakness of this media.

I’m not an expert onto this subject; I do believe we have been crippled as far as semiconductors and any related technology. The percentages of where these are manufactured speak for themselves.

I also believe in this country and that we could actually recover at some point and that war with China over Taiwan isn’t worth a single drop of American blood or a taxpayers dollar.

Making America great again doesn’t start with war with China. It starts with getting our own house in order.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Walt, you are pro war with China judging by this comment.

Walt said:
All depends if you are Winnie the Pooh or a Patriot

If you think in surface feelings... then it is no.

If you realize that the world is on a critical cusp, and Taiwan is a huge lever that if used against humanity by the chicoms, Muj's life would be left to the whims of those who want us dead... then it is yes.

How much can you think of beyond the otiose? Hm?

Try... this time.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Samsung eyes Texas for new $10 billion chipmaking plant

Samsung Electronics Co. is considering spending more than $10 billion to build its most advanced logic chipmaking plant in Austin, a major investment it hopes will win more American clients and help it catch up with industry leader Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.

The world’s largest memory chip and smartphone maker is in discussions to locate a facility capable of fabricating chips as advanced as 3 nanometers in the future, people familiar with the matter said. Plans are preliminary and subject to change but for now the aim is to kick off construction this year, install major equipment from 2022, then begin operations as early as 2023, they said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...es-texas-for-new-10-billion-chipmaking-plant/

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Walt, you are pro war with China judging by this comment.

im pro cold war. They’re eating our lunch, even with trumps actions. We can sit back and become surfs, or we can quit trading before its too late

i had a 7 figure project we were going to do outside of Beijing but you have to agree to them owning 51%, retaining control and and having full access to your ip

I know people that serialize product only to avoid warrantying the Chinese knock off.

I won’t sell their or hong Kong now and I’m starting to think about not selling to Taiwan.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
im pro cold war. They’re eating our lunch, even with trumps actions.

I agree. The solution isn’t to send or children to die in a foreign land because of the actions of our corrupt politicians on our land. That’s the main point that I’m making.

If we can’t control our own government how is a war with China going to solve our problems?

Can anyone (@Unca Walt) answer that? I don’t think so.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Biden will figure it out. Trust Biden.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Hopefully Biden never hears about, therefore he won’t be able to scuttle it ;)
Probably was told and already forgot. One of his minders will prioritize it. Hopefully the minder will be just as stupid.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score

One reason we shouldn't trade with China is because slave labor is morally wrong. In addition to being morally disgraceful towards the slave, slave labor effectively steals the value of free laborers by driving wages down in a way that wouldn't happen in a free market. Using slave labor from our own prisons has the same effect.

If we want to move back to a completely free market then we must, amongst all the other changes, stop using slaves. The result will be many, many changes to prices and productivity. My belief is that - on average - we would eventually be much better off with the poorest likely benefiting the most from rising wages. But - make no mistake - wages would rise considerably and that would push prices up in the short term. The capital accumulation that would ensue would eventually push them back down - but that would take time.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Threat of Chinese sanctions tests Japan's resolve on Taiwan

Heavy price tag looms over Tokyo for its decision to stand with the US

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/C...se-sanctions-tests-Japan-s-resolve-on-Taiwan/

TOKYO -- Four days after Japan and the U.S. issued a joint leaders' statement that mentioned Taiwan for the first time in 52 years, Chinese President Xi Jinping broke his silence at the Boao Forum for Asia on Tuesday, railing against what he saw as foreign meddling.

"Bossing others around or meddling in others' internal affairs would not get one any support," Xi said at his keynote speech for the event.

China's response to the Taiwan statement has been relatively restrained, all things considered. Still, Xi's remark was not the first sign of Chinese dissatisfaction.

"We advise Japan to stay away from the Taiwan question," the Communist Party-backed Global Times had said in a recent editorial. "The deeper it is embroiled in, the bigger the price it will pay."

Since foreign and defense ministers from Japan and the U.S. met last month for a "two-plus-two" dialogue, China has been increasingly critical of Japan but at times moderated the tone by portraying Japan as a vassal of the U.S.

But that charitable view vanished after the Japan-U.S. summit in Washington on Friday, according to Bonji Ohara, a senior fellow at the Tokyo-based Sasakawa Peace Foundation.

"Since the summit, China now sees Japan as a U.S. partner, and believes they are mounting a joint challenge against Beijing," he said. "China is still weighing its options, but it will likely step up various pressures against Japan moving forward."

A Japanese commitment to contingencies on the Taiwan Strait carry more of a significance for both the U.S. and China than Tokyo may realize.

Take the Pacific Deterrence Initiative by the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command, for example.

China's military presence in the Indo-Pacific surpasses that of the U.S., and Beijing is close to establishing a defensive line in the region that is capable of fending off U.S. threats. Unless the U.S. can break this defense line, it cannot block a hypothetical military invasion of Taiwan.

The Pacific Deterrence Initiative is designed to drive a wedge into this defensive line with a network of precision-strike missiles and other weaponry along the so-called first island chain, which extends from Japan's Okinawa islands to Taiwan and the Philippines. In a March report to Congress, the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command requested roughly $27 billion in spending on the missile network for the six years through fiscal 2027.

China believes Japanese contributions to the U.S.-led missile network could directly affect the outcome of any potential operations against Taiwan.

China has excelled at enacting retaliatory measures that hit countries where it hurts the most. When South Korea decided to deploy the U.S.-developed Terminal High Altitude Area Defense missile shield in 2016, China retaliated by squeezing travel to South Korea and restricting South Korean entertainment content. South Korean products were boycotted across China as well.

More recently, China imposed trade penalties against Australian coal, wine and beef after Canberra called for an inquiry into the origins of the coronavirus last year.

China's retaliatory measures have been particularly effective in South Korea, where President Moon Jae-in is now struggling to strike the right balance between the U.S. and China. Although South Korea's reluctance to take a clear side could erode U.S. trust, the country is wary of reigniting China's ire.

The South Korean government said last week that Moon would visit the U.S. in late May, though no summit agenda has been set -- a sign that trilateral cooperation between Japan, the U.S. and South Korea may be fracturing beyond repair.

The power struggle within Beijing is only expected to grow as Xi seeks a rare third term as China's leader at the Communist Party Congress next year. Retaliating against Japan could help the Xi administration ramp up pressure against the U.S. and its partners, while satisfying hawks at home amid a growing power struggle.

Japanese businesses would likely bear the brunt of the blow. They have suffered the consequences of diplomatic disputes in the past, from property damage caused by anti-Japan rallies to arrests. It remains to be seen how Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga plans to communicate with Japan's businesses and face political risks together -- one of many challenges that face Japan's alliance with the U.S.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One reason we shouldn't trade with China is because slave labor is morally wrong. In addition to being morally disgraceful towards the slave, slave labor effectively steals the value of free laborers by driving wages down in a way that wouldn't happen in a free market. Using slave labor from our own prisons has the same effect.

If we want to move back to a completely free market then we must, amongst all the other changes, stop using slaves. The result will be many, many changes to prices and productivity. My belief is that - on average - we would eventually be much better off with the poorest likely benefiting the most from rising wages. But - make no mistake - wages would rise considerably and that would push prices up in the short term. The capital accumulation that would ensue would eventually push them back down - but that would take time.
Would be nice if we had some moral high ground over China on prison population. Unfortunately, we have a larger prison population than them, despite our population 1/3 their size. Not hatin' on the US or claiming any moral equivalency. The PRC is a whole different level of authoritarianism. Just in this area, mass incarceration and associated slave labor, we have a lot of room for improvement.

e9754dbcf47179ba3702bb353bc0980f.jpeg

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would be nice if we had some moral high ground over China on prison population. Unfortunately, we have a larger prison population than them, despite our population 1/3 their size. Not hatin' on the US or claiming any moral equivalency. The PRC is a whole different level of authoritarianism. Just in this area, mass incarceration and associated slave labor, we have a lot of room for improvement.

View attachment 209159
If we executed half the people China does, our prisons would be empty...

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
If we executed half the people China does, our prisons would be empty...
I'd settle for just executing all the politicians

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I used to have a newspaper clipping regarding some crooked leaders of a refrigerator mfg company in China.

People had to wait years to get a refrigerator, and they were so shoddy when they DID come that most of them failed.

So the company leaders were taken out to an open field and SHOT. <-- It was no time to be a QC engineer.

No, they do no have as many people in prison as we do. Not even one single MS13 dude at all. Drug dealers are often SHOT.

"Prisoners in Chinese prisons are systematically abused by guards and prison authorities, torture is routinely used in Chinese jails both for investigative and punitive purposes. All prisoners including criminals, political prisoners, and prisoners of conscience face torture and other forms of violence."

gnome: I would say we have the moral high ground. Wouldn't you?

Last edited:

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a newspaper clipping regarding some crooked leaders of a refrigerator mfg company in China.

People had to wait years to get a refrigerator, and they were so shoddy when they DID come that most of them failed.

So the company leaders were taken out to an open field and SHOT.

No, they do no have as many in prison as we do. Not even one single MS13 dude at all. Drug dealers can be shot.

gnome: I would say we have the moral high ground.
I'd argue that point, keeping drug dealers and other scum alive at taxpayer expense is just another crime...

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'd argue that point, keeping drug dealers and other scum alive at taxpayer expense is just another crime...
I added sumpin' more at the same time you wrote this. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Prisoners in Chinese prisons are systematically abused by guards and prison authorities, torture is routinely used in Chinese jails both for investigative and punitive purposes. All prisoners including criminals, political prisoners, and prisoners of conscience face torture and other forms of violence."

And I'll add a few more hundred-weights on that bar:

Political prisoners (non-Dem), and prisoners of conscience are tortured regularly. A whole segment of the Chinese population (Uighurs) of over a million people in more than 85 camps are being used for body parts and other fun.

I'd argue that we should drop some of our misplaced "moral" high ground and either deport, shoot, skin, or otherwise make it clear to MS13 assholes we will not accept their presence.

But there is no moral high ground in China. Brutality seethes not-quite-out-of-sight.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Moral high ground? We need to clean up our own house before we go looking down on others.

both governments do a lot of shady things. It’s not like our government has our best interest at hand. We should care way more about our own than some slanted eyed people on the other side of the globe.

the best way to fight China is to buy American manufactured.

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Gonna watch the Twats ride over here in boats the same way the gooks did in the early 70s to escape Vietnam.

Last edited:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Moral high ground? We need to clean up our own house before we go looking down on others.

both governments do a lot of shady things. It’s not like our government has our best interest at hand. We should care way more about our own than some slanted eyed people on the other side of the globe.

the best way to fight China is to buy American manufactured.

True but we should be able to agree that cops beating the shit out of old men, particularly when they are prone on the ground, isn’t a good thing

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
True but we should be able to agree that cops beating the shit out of old men, particularly when they are prone on the ground, isn’t a good thing

can we also agree that police problems in Asia is not our problem to fix

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I suppose we could take that position if it wasn't that it's happening in the US too

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

I didn’t say it was our problem to fix nor do I think it is.

I do condemn it, which is what I’d think all moral people would do

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
China invading Taiwan would be a pyrrhic victory for China. The US, Japan and several other countries would make the island and surround ing waters and airspace an exclusion zone. That in turn would make nearly all the shipping lanes to and from China non-navigable since no insurance company would underwrite insurance for the shipping or air lines. China would choke on its industrial output since the remaining ports and land routes could not handle the volume. Hence, China's economy implodes and unhappy Chinese people will revolt against their government.

Basically, it is a bad and quite stupid move for China to do.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Senile China Joe will never oppose “China reunification “.....probably already in the works....

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the trouble.

Chinese embassy in Japan tweeted then deleted. The tweet, in Japanese, reads "when the US brings democracy this is what happens"

I fully agree with the tweet AND also know it is anti-US propaganda to deflect attention away from China's own atrocities.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 9.30.45 AM.png

I liked this response.

Screen Shot 2021-05-01 at 9.39.19 AM.png