• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Was Bitcoin’s tumultuous volatility over past two days a prelude to when the CME starts futures cont

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
You need a new bank.
Suggestions?

We could debate all day about what the real rate of inflation is, but given that the fed likes to glorify their majikal mystikal 2% target rate, it seems pretty clear that sticking funds in a bank is not going to be a particularly wise decision if the goal is preservation/appreciation of capital. Who knew that 35+ years of an unrealistic debt market bull would be bad for savers. lol

Hey sorry 'bout that retiring boomers, but to quote the murdering psychopath Philip Brailsford "You're Fucked".

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Who knew that 35+ years of an unrealistic debt market bull would be bad for savers. lol
Just all the banksters & broksters that knew money was going to flow their way when pensions disappeared in late 70's / early 80's & 401K's took over.
A 35 year fleecing of the sheep is coming to an end. There has been no market fundamentals or volume in 8-10 years.
That's what scares me about crypto's as it seems the latest lifeboat everyone is flocking to. That's why taking profit to at least get your "investment" out of the pyramid scheme seems like a smart move. But I do think it's early in the game.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Who knew that 35+ years of an unrealistic debt market bull would be bad for savers. lol
Anyone who has been paying the any amount of attention, should have known.

The system is designed to encourage spending, not saving.
....and if you don't want to spend your money, we got ways to let other people spend it on your behalf in exchange for a promise to pay it back later.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Just all the banksters & broksters that knew money was going to flow their way when pensions disappeared in late 70's / early 80's & 401K's took over.
A 35 year fleecing of the sheep is coming to an end. There has been no market fundamentals or volume in 8-10 years.
That's what scares me about crypto's as it seems the latest lifeboat everyone is flocking to. That's why taking profit to at least get your "investment" out of the pyramid scheme seems like a smart move. But I do think it's early in the game.
Clearly it's not boomers that are jumping into cryptos. It's millenials and Zs. The younglings are watching all this crap go on, bankster bailouts etc PLUS being told they should be financially raped to subsidize old womens' health insurance and they're like...yeah, no thanx. Really tough to blame them. The US dollar is the real pyramid scam that should be put in the rear view.

If I'm a kid that just had my testicles drop, I'm thinking yeah...fuk this dollar scam. What do I have to lose by taking a chance on cryptos?

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
I don't know, Hedge, if that's a true 'crypto' image :

More like this guy in the joint. You know it's just a matter of time before he gets punked.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
...and naked shorts are just fraud. Plain and simple. You cannot sell something you don't own...well unless you're a bankster. ...a "market maker".
Not really. Borrowing something (with the knowledge of agreement of its owner) and then selling it isn't a fraud. It can happen even outside of financial markets.

And while for at least one person today's first day of trading will never be forgotten, the first documented trade appears to have been a short.

Silly by definition, when a contract opens, one person is long and one person is short. So every trade would have a short. One could argue if someone was already long and then sold, that would be a close out and not a short, but by definition, the first trade would have to be a new short as there are no contracts to be closed out of.

:)

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Not really. Borrowing something (with the knowledge of agreement of its owner) and then selling it isn't a fraud. It can happen even outside of financial markets.
LOL You're describing a short position, not a naked short position. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
LOL You're describing a short position, not a naked short position. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
Dummy you said: "You cannot sell something you don't own...well unless you're a bankster. ...a "market maker"."

I provided an example of doing just that and doing it legally. You're the one that is embarrassing himself. Every time you type you look even dumber than before you spoke.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Dummy you said: "You cannot sell something you don't own...well unless you're a bankster. ...a "market maker"."

I provided an example of doing just that and doing it legally. You're the one that is embarrassing himself. Every time you type you look even dumber than before you spoke.
LOL Why do you keep taking things out of context just so you can start hurling insults?!? You haven't even apologized for you last tirade of insults. Your reading comprehension skills are abysmal, yet you hurl "moron", "idiot", and "dummy" constantly.

The entire quote looks like this you incessant liar:
...and naked shorts are just fraud. Plain and simple. You cannot sell something you don't own...well unless you're a bankster. ...a "market maker".
http://www.goldismoney2.com/threads...-cme-starts-futures-cont.166325/#post-1289808

You come along, toss out half of what's said, quote the rest, and then start lobbing insults. Last time you did this you created some kind of a composite with what other people said and then started hurling insults. When I pointed it out you said nothing further on the subject. You're a stupid liar that lacks basic reading comprehension skills. It's right there in black and white you stupid weasel.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's right there in black and white you stupid weasel.
Or is he a troll? Most here are for education weather they agree with the point or not but it gives them something to think about.

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Or is he a troll? Most here are for education weather they agree with the point or not but it gives them something to think about.
Here I think he just plain doesn't know the difference between a short and a naked short. He stuck his foot in his mouth and rather than just admit he didn't know something he goes on the offensive...again. We are all here to learn and share ideas...there's nothing wrong with not knowing something...or being wrong, but when your ego won't allow you to admit your wrong, when you'd rather attack other people than admit you're wrong...then that's a problem.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Here I think he just plain doesn't know the difference between a short and a naked short. He stuck his foot in his mouth and rather than just admit he didn't know something he goes on the offensive...again. We are all here to learn and share ideas...there's nothing wrong with not knowing something...or being wrong, but when your ego won't allow you to admit your wrong, when you'd rather attack other people than admit you're wrong...then that's a problem.
Fool I was replying to your (incorrect) idea that you said about "You cannot sell something you don't own...well unless you're a bankster. ...a "market maker"." and I provided an example. Then you shot your mouth off at me, and now I should apologize for responding in kind, when I was correct anyway? You remind me of the idiots on the road that run you off the road and then you honk to let them know you're there and they flip you off.