• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Watch Ted Cruz coach his family through a campaign ad shoot

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Im Ted Cruz, a pathetic lying politician who will go to no means to climb the corrupt ladder of politics.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Im Ted Cruz, a pathetic lying politician who will go to no means to climb the corrupt ladder of politics.

He's not the lone stranger.

A lot of our "elected ones" go into office with an empty suitcase and come out with a full one, not to mention a really spiffy position in some multi-national business should they decided that "politics no longer suits them."

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing about Cruz has ever seemed the least bit authentic to me. Even his preferred first name is made up nonsense. He's intelligent, yet he speaks very slowly and deliberately probably because he's carefully monitoring every word to ensure it fits the image he wishes to project. Watching he and that disgusting wench he calls his wife interact reminds me of the horribly awkward moments we witnessed between Al and Tippy Gore.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Really?

The only mistake that I can tell from watching the video in the OP is that Ted trusted the film crew or editor to leave the out-takes on the cutting room floor. Filming any sort of a video with a national audience is an extremely time consuming process. If people and especially kids are involved with no acting experience as this one was, it can really get tedious. It is very common to film all day long for 2 minutes of video. It's definitely not something that they just shoot on the fly and run with. If they did, it would definitely look that way.

I was a cast member in a reality show that ran 5, hour long episodes on the Discovery Channel so I am somewhat familiar with the process. An example- Once, we were doing some excavation with a large track-hoe and accidentally hit an unlocated water service line. We spent most of a day recreating and re-taking that scene to get the gusher just right for the final cut. We even installed extra valves in the underground line to remotely activate the geyser. It made about a 15 second scene that actually aired. The vast majority of all film never makes the cut at all.

What I'm trying to say is that pawing through the snippets of out-takes of a promotional video to try to make someone look like a fool is itself the sport of fools and beneath contempt.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Really?

The only mistake that I can tell from watching the video in the OP is that Ted trusted the film crew or editor to leave the out-takes on the cutting room floor. Filming any sort of a video with a national audience is an extremely time consuming process. If people and especially kids are involved with no acting experience as this one was, it can really get tedious. It is very common to film all day long for 2 minutes of video. It's definitely not something that they just shoot on the fly and run with. If they did, it would definitely look that way.

I was a cast member in a reality show that ran 5, hour long episodes on the Discovery Channel so I am somewhat familiar with the process. An example- Once, we were doing some excavation with a large track-hoe and accidentally hit an unlocated water service line. We spent most of a day recreating and re-taking that scene to get the gusher just right for the final cut. We even installed extra valves in the underground line to remotely activate the geyser. It made about a 15 second scene that actually aired. The vast majority of all film never makes the cut at all.

What I'm trying to say is that pawing through the snippets of out-takes of a promotional video to try to make someone look like a fool is itself the sport of fools and beneath contempt.

You peaked my curiosity. What's the name of the show?

^updated^

found a way in
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Hillary was in the room. I could hear her coughing.

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The guy's Gawky, and has to try really hard to come across as normal, and even then does not really succeed.

Many will say, so what, he's trying for president not for an Oscar. But the job he wants is mainly about presentation, and a maladroit dud aint going to get the job done. Remember the Chimpy and how he just brought down ridicule upon the country with his confusion at public appearances.

Bigfoot

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
90% of all the attacks I've seen on Cruz are ad hominem attacks. Doesn't anyone have a gripe about something he voted for, or an actual policy position?

I've said it like 50 times. I wanted Rand Paul to be the Republican nominee. But, he's out. Cruz is the next best thing. Yes, he talks like Mr. Haney. I don't give a damn about his voice. We're not trying to find next Plácido Domingo, we're trying to find someone who will cut taxes and regulations, and start dismantling the bureaucracy that's destroying the country.

Fanakapan

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
90% of all the attacks I've seen on Cruz are ad hominem attacks. Doesn't anyone have a gripe about something he voted for, or an actual policy position?

I've said it like 50 times. I wanted Rand Paul to be the Republican nominee. But, he's out. Cruz is the next best thing. Yes, he talks like Mr. Haney. I don't give a damn about his voice. We're not trying to find next Plácido Domingo, we're trying to find someone who will cut taxes and regulations, and start dismantling the bureaucracy that's destroying the country.

Considering the guy's pedigree, I'd have to think there's little chance that he'd perform as you expect if elected.

With politicians who want to get elected to High Office, you have to look at the whole package ? Remember whoever gets the job is going to be the US Head of State, and the figure that all us durned foreigners see, so it could be helpful if the President has some charisma. Other than that the POTUS does not have that much power, he can try and make policy, but he cant demand it.

So Cruz has zero charisma, he works for whoever is on a roll, and his Mrs was employed by Goldman, and was a player on the CFR, oh, and he tried to cover up the loan he got from the wife's firm. Maybe you'd agree that far from his implementing the policies you'd like, he'd probably actually being more of the same ? That'd probably also be the reason that folks are turning out in droves to put their mark against the Donald ?

Last edited: