• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

We Made It...again, Debtors Prison

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
County in Kansas is jailing people over unpaid medical debt

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills," Tres Biggs said.
Tres Biggs went to jail for failing to appear in court for unpaid medical bills. He described it as "scary."

(but, check this out)

In rural Coffeyville, Kansas, where the poverty rate is twice the national average, attorneys like Michael Hassenplug have built successful law practices representing medical providers to collect debt owed by their neighbors.
"I'm just doing my job," Hassenplug said. "They want the money collected, and I'm trying to do my job as best I can by following the law."

That law was put in place at Hassenplug's own recommendation to the local judge. The attorney uses that law by asking the court to direct people with unpaid medical bills to appear in court every three months and state they are too poor to pay in what is called a "debtors exam."
If two hearings are missed, the judge issues an arrest warrant for contempt of court. Bail is set at $500 (AUD$750).
Hassenplug said he gets "paid on what's collected." If the bail money is applied to the judgment, then he gets a portion of that, he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...ver-unpaid-medical-debt/ar-BBZPsre?li=AAgfYrC

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
even on the surface, it seems wrong

lawyers, such a truly unnecessary facet of life, they write rules only they understand, they steal your money while you watch, and so many of 'our systems' don't appear to work very well without the aid of a lawyer somewhere along the way...

i'm kinda biased against their line of work

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
There by taking over the responsibility for their health and up keep! Some people will take that choice all day long!

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Went to jail because he failed to appear.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I wonder how many builders, vendors and other businessmen would provide their services to clients that wont pay?
Yeah, but they don't keep me waiting for an hour, spend 5 minutes with me, tell me "fucked if I know" in fancy words and say that'll be $200 thanks!

Don't mind me, just bitching.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Fortunately, you can declare bankruptcy over medical bills.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Let's get that free health care going than. Isn't the article about how mean the health care providers are?
only if you're looking for another boogeyman...

Fortunately, you can declare bankruptcy over medical bills.
and notice, this lawyer and the judge who allowed this travesty to go on are not interested in actually 'helping' anyone,, all they're doing is looking to 'victimize' those who can least afford to do things 'according to the plan'

the lowest common denominator will never go away, so, might as well dominate them as they're bad people to begin with

there's just so much that's wrong with this

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
only if you're looking for another boogeyman...

and notice, this lawyer and the judge who allowed this travesty to go on are not interested in actually 'helping' anyone,, all they're doing is looking to 'victimize' those who can least afford to do things 'according to the plan'

the lowest common denominator will never go away, so, might as well dominate them as they're bad people to begin with

there's just so much that's wrong with this
lawyers and judges are the scum of the earth. They didn't earn that reputation by helping people

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

"You wouldn't think you'd go to jail over medical bills," Tres Biggs said.
Tres Biggs went to jail for failing to appear in court for unpaid medical bills. He described it as "scary."

(but, check this out)

In rural Coffeyville, Kansas, where the poverty rate is twice the national average, attorneys like Michael Hassenplug have built successful law practices representing medical providers to collect debt owed by their neighbors.
"I'm just doing my job," Hassenplug said. "They want the money collected, and I'm trying to do my job as best I can by following the law."

That law was put in place at Hassenplug's own recommendation to the local judge. The attorney uses that law by asking the court to direct people with unpaid medical bills to appear in court every three months and state they are too poor to pay in what is called a "debtors exam."
If two hearings are missed, the judge issues an arrest warrant for contempt of court. Bail is set at $500 (AUD$750).
Hassenplug said he gets "paid on what's collected." If the bail money is applied to the judgment, then he gets a portion of that, he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/worl...ver-unpaid-medical-debt/ar-BBZPsre?li=AAgfYrC
US Citizen's get Judge made law, shutup and take it, it's your own choice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Amendment XIV (first time “U.S. citizen” defined)

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, AND subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. [Note the large AND means that BOTH conditions must be met. Thus, if I refuse to consent to U.S. jurisdiction (one of the two conditions), then I am NOT a U.S. citizen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BUT, if I REBUT and OBJECT TO the U.S. government’s (especially the courts’) PRESUMPTION (in written form, best as a sworn “Affidavit of Truth”) that I am a U.S. citizen; and instead I assert that I am an American citizen, a Massachusetts citizen and a non-resident alien with respect to the United States and of the 49 Union states, then JURISDICTION over me of the United States and other states becomes vastly decreased to the point where very few federal laws apply to me at all. Why? Because I have made known that I am a NON-RESIDENT ALIEN in the 49 other states (nations) and the United States (a separate nation).

And just like the U.S. government’s statutes do NOT apply to a citizen of France (a non-resident alien with respect to the U.S.), the U.S. government’s statutes do NOT apply to me (also as a non-resident alien with respect to the U.S.).

“…at the revolution the Sovereignty devolved on the people; and they are truly the sovereigns of the country, but they are sovereigns without subjects ……and have none to govern but themselves; the citizens of America are equal as fellow citizens, and as joint tenants in the sovereignty.” Chisholm v Georgia, 2 Dall. 440, at pg 471;

“People of a state are entitled to all rights, which formerly belong to the King by his prerogative.” Lansing v Smith, (1829) 4 Wendell 9,20 (NY).

“The people or sovereign are NOT bound by general words in statutes [legislated acts, regulations, etc.s, restrictive of prerogative right, title or interest, unless expressly named. Acts [legislated acts or statutes] of limitation do not bind the King or the people. The people have been ceded all the rights of the King, the former sovereign,…..It is a maxim of the Common Law, that when an act is made for the common good and to prevent injury, the King shall be bound, though not named, but when a statute is general and prerogative right would be divested or taken from the King (or the people) he shall not be bound.” People v Herkimer, 4 Cowen (NY) 345, 348 (1825)

“It will be admitted on all hands that with the exception of the powers granted to the states and the federal government, through the Constitutions, the people of the several states are unconditionally sovereign within their respective states.” Ohio L. Ins. & T. Co. v. Debolt, 16 How. 416, 14 L.Ed. 997.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Legal Basis For the Term NON-RESIDENT ALIEN

by Dr Gerald Alan Brown

September 14, 2017

To open Dr. Brown’s essay (PDF file), CLICK on phrase immediately below
NON-RESIDENT_ALIEN_Legal_Basis_For_Term_NRA_by_Dr_Gerald_Alan_Brown

Last edited:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
From now on... LET it be known. ANYONE who states they are just "doing their job" is open to a very swift kick to the junk.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
US Citizen's get Judge made law, shutup and take it, it's your own choice.
Agreed

in America, it's happened before but we're at a point where it's 'ideologies' and not just money, that are to 'be followed'

i'd put a quarter up that says this Judge is an asshat when he's outta his robe, a pure elitist who probably makes most of his personal wealth by selling out the Constitution of his State, and i'll bet, without his 'vig', his cut, he's so bad at managing his own wealth, he'll be poor in only a few years...

just musing...

the smart move would be for the Kansas AG to investigate this mess but I wonder...hmmmm

Is this State AG another Soros Representative??? idk

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
He went to jail because he failed to appear in court.
Because they made what is an outrageously UnConstifutional law essential harassing and stealing from the poor. Every THREE months. That is crazy.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I wonder how many builders, vendors and other businessmen would provide their services to clients that wont pay?
this 'argument' is disingenuous at best...builders, vendors and other businessmen would mostly stand back and watch you bleed out

Some would jump in, sure, but those from the 'medical career' path will certainly all kick in and actually help the situation...

oh, btw, builders, vendors AND businessmen ALL have sold their services to someone who was 'unwilling to pay', however in this OP story, that's not the equivalent to 'being unable to repay' then being placed into 'servitude' with some made-up system of rules and physical requirements that was not brought about by anything remotely legal...and the Real Problem of allowing some type of Legal Office to be Financially Vested in this operation is just mind-boggling to me

Collection Operations Exist, for a Reason, but, they are 'strictly controlled' as to what they are allowed to do, it's not perfect, but, it exists at a higher level than one Lawyer and one Judge profiting from the lowest levels of society and the ends don't seem to justify the means

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Because they made what is an outrageously UnConstifutional law essential harassing and stealing from the poor. Every THREE months. That is crazy.
The money is owed, is it not? I think being able to just show up every three months and explain your financial situation is being generous. Health care facilities will make it easy for a person to make even a small amount payment plan.

In the state I live in and I don't know about others, if a person shows up at an emergency room they cannot be denied treatment regardless of ability to pay or even citizen status. Figure that out. That is one of the many reasons for the push on the census count. Our tax dollars at work.

Trailblazer6

Seeker
Site Supporter ++
even on the surface, it seems wrong

lawyers, such a truly unnecessary facet of life, they write rules only they understand, they steal your money while you watch, and so many of 'our systems' don't appear to work very well without the aid of a lawyer somewhere along the way...

i'm kinda biased against their line of work
I too am not a big fan of Lawyers anymore ever since integrity has taken a back seat to just winning the legal argument. Personally, I'd love to take a boatload of them about 20 miles out in the sea and toss them all overboard and tell them to swim and watch out for sharks. But I can't seem to find a Captan to go along with me. They keep telling me the sharks won't eat them. Professional Courtesy

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Let me play the devil's advocate on this for a bit.
If someone doesn't pay a business their lawful debts the business has to raise prices to cover the revenue loss.
Health care, restaurants, repair people its all the same...a business has to cover its losses.
I so often hear the complaints of the cost of health care, yet at the same time I hear the impassioned words that health care should be free for certain people.
Ask yourself...are you willing to pay more so others don't have to?
Paying more for those that aren't sounds like one of the usual Democrat party income redistribution schemes.
Multiply this by the Emergency Rooms across the nation that are often clogged by people seeking free health care forcing hospitals to raise prices fro cost coverage.
Now consider; If the people are too poor to pay...why aren't they on Medicaid? That is something to think about...why aren't they on Medicaid if they can not afford to pay unless...maybe they can afford to pay.
Just sayin...

Last edited:

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
What is it worth to not have to walk? What is it worth to be able to walk.........

Pay your fucking bills.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Pay your fucking bills.
and the alternative?

o.k., let's go that way...who's going to pay for the dead body retrieval?
just let sick folks wander the streets, who's going to pay for the pandemics that will be created simply by having any dead people around in the first place?

oh, so many questions

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What is it worth to not have to walk? What is it worth to be able to walk.........

Pay your fucking bills.
It's getting expensive for me to be able to walk, upright, without pain. Getting closer to that $3000.00 deductable and we're only two months into the year. I didn't ask for it but I'm sure others have it worse. I'll get by. If not, so be it.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My biggest question is why health care is so incredibly expensive in the USA?

People should be able to to pay reasonable fees for reasonable service.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
was I too harsh?

Is health 90% a scam? Is transportation 90% a scam?

Should we pay the ferry before or after the crossing?

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
was I too harsh?

Is health 90% a scam? Is transportation 90% a scam?

Should we pay the ferry before or after the crossing?

you never addressed the dead bodies...

...things don't happen in a vacuum and if the vacuum is need of dead bodies, as humans, there are some who will create them, if only to fill the void

we can't leave people to suffer, this country is way beyond that as a means of 'saving money'

let's not leave a void, it's not a ridiculous request iyam, but, you didn't
so, take my advice for what you paid for it...

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
for instance:
Health Costs are too high because:
Unions
Hospital Administrations
Multiple Insurance Paper Pushers, on all ends of the deal except ours, we have to fill out our own paperwork...
Drug Companies
Corporate Profits
Technology
More Insurance Forms
etc...
now, add in some, not all, what a mess, .gov subsidies and an entire administration has to be created just to handle the paperwork

Now, we add in Greed, Lawsuits and the need to grease the skids of all the lawyers who chase ambulances

Yes Sir, Pay Your Fucking Bills...

Funny, i have in my hands a PO Box receipt from 2012, cost me $42.00 for the Year
Today, it costs me $96.00 per year

that phrase sounds more like an insult and laying claim to victimize the victims...we have been led it's better to eat our own and that's really a bad idea

ymmv

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
a flock of vultures are picking at your bones, just like everybody else.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
and the alternative?

o.k., let's go that way...who's going to pay for the dead body retrieval?
just let sick folks wander the streets, who's going to pay for the pandemics that will be created simply by having any dead people around in the first place?

oh, so many questions
I have heard the same things for years yet, before all the hoopla by the liberals, dead bodies were not piled up in the streets before all the entitlement programs.
I do believe there are Governmental programs that pay for a pine box and a spot in the local Potters' Fields as well.
Just sayin....

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have heard the same things for years yet, before all the hoopla by the liberals, dead bodies were not piled up in the streets before all the entitlement programs.
I do believe there are Governmental programs that pay for a pine box and a spot in the local Potters' Fields as well.
Just sayin....
and doctors paid visits to farms, apartments, houses, tool sheds, even barns to birth animals and a meal plus some token silver coins were all they would ask for their services

there were generally more undertakers during those times also iirc

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
a flock of vultures are picking at your bones, just like everybody else.
but if i had health care, think the vultures would care?
think i'd taste any different?
and, what if the .gov suggested i take out a loan to buy said insurance, would that make a difference?

they do that here in ca...radio ads stating to 'take out an easy line of credit'...get yourself some insurance, some Health Insurance

take more debt to buy insurance...LOL

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Well people should pay their debts.

Every thing the government gets involved in goes straight to hades/hell.

I'm convinced if the government kept its nose out of it, there would still be people who need encouragement to pay their way. And there would hopefully, still be some people who would offer help. But asking for help has bred a certain class of folks who think others owe them a living.

Most medical establishments are willing to work with their customers to make payments they can afford. The aforementioned class of folks who do not want to pay should have their wages legally garnished after some reasonably attended effort on the part of the servicer to come to a payment arrangement. Even after all that, there would still be some dregs who would not want to pay. They are addicted to the free-for-nothin' lifestyle. Addicted to opm (other people's money).

It's easy for an auto mechanic to refuse service. Or a carpenter, engineer, house cleaner, etc. to refuse service also. But doctors used to take an oath to "first, do no harm." So refusing service for something that is not life-threatening is reasonable. But someone coming in due to an emergency (auto accident, etc.) how can they honorably refuse?

Difficult situation. In the old days such people who refused to work we ostracized by the local society. Back then, that could mean death. It was a form of social control. If then there was someone who could not afford care, THEN society would chip in for the needed service.

I think in general, people have been coddled entirely too much.

$0.02