• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Weigh your 2014 $50 bullion gold eagles

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
After in-house testing determined the fineness of the two 2014 American Eagles matched that for the American Buffalo coins, Garofalo said, the coins were submitted to Numismatic Guaranty Corp. for authentication and grading, with a request to test for fineness to support APMEX’s suspicions that the coins were struck on the wrong planchets. Garofalo said NGC returned both coins graded and encapsulated as MS-69, but designated only as regular strike American Eagle gold bullion coins.

The two NGC-graded coins were subsequently broken out of their NGC holders, and one of the coins was submitted to PCGS, where it was certified as a wrong planchet error. Garofalo said APMEX officials plan to submit the second example to PCGS as well.
Ouch ... no beuno for NGC if they missed that.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Not such a coin expert anymore, but I'm not sure the grading services will point out errors/varieties for you unless you request them for an extra $ charge of course. Someone can correct me on that

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Wouldn't the color difference alone be a dead giveaway?

R.