• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

well I'll be darned, NASA again

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I have nothing but pity for you non-believers,

but I was pretty po'd about the speech,
frosted my knickers it did

one giant step for mankind!

now what pray tell is that?
no mention of women, you know, the better half,
no mention of the animal kingdom, (no not liberals, wrong thread)

just white supremists bragging about their accomplishments,

now that I have a problem with

FB_IMG_1644804311810.jpg

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Actually it doesn't make any sense at all.

An endless flat plane would not be flying around in "outer space".

That CGI depiction of the "solar system" is completely fabricated and does not even come close to depicting reality.

It's ironic how people mock a "flat Earth" by posting an artificial picture of a flat solar system.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I've provided lots of input regarding my personal opinion on the topic.
That said....
I think we should all believe what we want. At the end of the day, does it really matter to me whether or not man landed on the Moon in 1969 and does that affect the daily events in my life? My answer is NO! Arguing back and forth on the topic (the flat Earth topic too) just doesn't seem to me to be worth the venom it creates.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-28-37-147.jpg

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Prince inflation in the US is 7.9%. The bureau of labor and statistics told me so. It'd take entirely too much effort to refute it, therefore it must be so. Anyway, inflation is transitory, as powell said, and no way that's untrue, particularly as transitory itself is a relative term.

People believe what they wish to believe. If it comes from a government agency not called NASA, nearly every American will appropriately assume it's bullshit. NASA however could likely declare the moon to be made of tomato paste and 20% of Americans would assume it true...even though they're a branch of the US government which lies constantly. Go figure.

This is particularly problematic because I can(and do) shop and I can tell you with 100% certainty price inflation is NOT 7.9%. I cannot however recover and analyze a fragment of moon rock to determine whether it's tomato paste, cheese, or petrified wood.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Prince inflation in the US is 7.9%. The bureau of labor and statistics told me so. It'd take entirely too much effort to refute it, therefore it must be so. Anyway, inflation is transitory, as powell said, and no way that's untrue, particularly as transitory itself is a relative term.

People believe what they wish to believe. If it comes from a government agency not called NASA, nearly every American will appropriately assume it's bullshit. NASA however could likely declare the moon to be made of tomato paste and 20% of Americans would assume it true...even though they're a branch of the US government which lies constantly. Go figure.

This is particularly problematic because I can(and do) shop and I can tell you with 100% certainty price inflation is NOT 7.9%. I cannot however recover and analyze a fragment of moon rock to determine whether it's tomato paste, cheese, or petrified wood.
But can you tell if it came from the moon? :winks2:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think we should all believe what we want.
No problem there.

Arguing back and forth on the topic (the flat Earth topic too) just doesn't seem to me to be worth the venom it creates.
The problem comes in (and the arguing starts) when one side becomes willfully blind to objective truth.

EO 11110

(censor) from a long line of (censors)
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
2 things -

the burden of proof is on those making the wild claims -- THEY ARE FULL OF LIES AND B.S. WE TAPED OVER THE TAPES, WE FORGOT HOW TO GO TO MOON, ETC....

science, real science, says proof is only achieved by repeating with same results -- WE ARE WAITING....AND WAITING...AND WAITING

at best, they have utterly failed in proving their claims. at worst, it's total fakery

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
2 things -

the burden of proof is on those making the wild claims -- THEY ARE FULL OF LIES AND B.S. WE TAPED OVER THE TAPES, WE FORGOT HOW TO GO TO MOON, ETC....

science, real science, says proof is only achieved by repeating with same results -- WE ARE WAITING....AND WAITING...AND WAITING

at best, they have utterly failed in proving their claims. at worst, it's total fakery
Based on the spending it took to get the Apollo missions to the Moon, and when compared to the smaller nasa budgets they've had since, and when adjusted for inflation, it should take at least 50 years to make it back there.

So based on $$$$$, they are pretty much right on schedule.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
At the end of the day, does it really matter to me whether or not man landed on the Moon in 1969 and does that affect the daily events in my life?

It kinda does and depends on how deep down the rabbit hole one goes.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It matters to me a great deal. Particularly if fake moon landings are being used as a tool to convince me that the world around me is not as it appears to my senses.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
It matters to me a great deal. Particularly if fake moon landings are being used as a tool to convince me that the world around me is not as it appears to my senses.

That's more of a philosophical consequence, I was more talking about more tangible things, like the tech people use daily that came about from the R&D in the 1950's and 60's that gave birth to such things as integrated circuits, lasers, Kevlar, colloidal films, high strength metallic alloys.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I frankly find it amusing that the discovery of so much of the technological crap we surround ourselves with is attributed to alleged "space/time" travel.

If the apollo missions were fake...and I believe the evidence is pretty clear that they were, then there must have been some other source of inspiration for the "discovery" of that crap. That source is likely the same as the source of "space/time" travel fantasies themselves...which largely came from science fiction writings and films.

1648942669885.png

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I frankly find it amusing that the discovery of so much of the technological crap we surround ourselves with is attributed to alleged "space/time" travel.

If the apollo missions were fake...and I believe the evidence is pretty clear that they were, then there must have been some other source of inspiration for the "discovery" of that crap. That source is likely the same as the source of "space/time" travel fantasies themselves...which largely came from science fiction writings and films.

View attachment 253155

It makes more sense when you view the space race as a means to fund the reverse engineering R&D.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo what where did all that DECADES of money go?

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Its a mouse! LMAO

There it is -- A perfect case of the failure of our school system. How anyone can remain ignorant of the impossibility of a fargin MOUSE running around in space on a red-hot rocket engine under five gravities acceleration...

"I doesn't care whatchoo say, thassa mouse!!"

Ignorance defined.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
And, what took this picture?
View attachment 243849
OH COME ON!!!

Obtuse, studied ignorance doth vex me.

I am an EE. I'll just say to those who do not know accept/believe Ohm's Law that when I tell you that a car, a spaceship, a doggone sumbarine!! a satellite... Their electricty works with no problems.

If you do not believe, accept, and espouse that, you fall into only three possible categories:

1. You are lacking in certain basic knowledge, the very least of which is how to measure gravitic attraction****

2. You are enjoying being obtuse to watch others get bothered by blatant ignorance

3. You are a troll.

I would bet 10 Krugerrands it is Door Number 3. I enjoy your other posts, though. But this is beneath you.

HINT: This formula explains, among other things, why planets orbit. :don't know::rocket::witch::spaceship: That is, if they are really out there, and the sky doesn't just have holes in it at night to let light through.

****The mass attraction equation is written (please... do not troll as to why this formula is the basis for spaceflight).
F = G*m1*m2/d2

We have:
F = force of attraction
G = 6.67*10-11 Nm2/kg2 = gravitational constant
m1 = mass 1
m2 = mass 2
d = distance between bodies

An old, funny High School happening. The Physics teacher was going to a demonstrate gravitic attraction experiment -- and in such a way the students could calculate it themselves that very day in that very classroom the mass of the objects used.

It was the steel balls hung parallel on long wires from the lab ceiling demo. Hang the steel balls and look up from underneath, and you will see the wires angle in toward each other sorta bowlegged due to the mass attracting mass of the balls.

So the teacher is setting it up, and looks around and says,

"Who has the steel balls?"

The class erupted when one of the kids shouted: "SUPERMAN!"

Last edited:

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There it is -- A perfect case of the failure of our school system. How anyone can remain ignorant of the impossibility of a fargin MOUSE running around in space on a red-hot rocket engine under five gravities acceleration...

"I doesn't care whatchoo say, thassa mouse!!"

Ignorance defined.
I don’t think he’s saying that the mouse is in space. He’s saying that the rocket is fake.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Now there is purposeful ignorance personified. Annoying eyes-shut ignorance promoted with snark.

I will grant you your assessment of the the cost. <-- Note: Solely so that we have a common starting place for this nonsense.

Therefore, I will give you $9600, and I want YOU to go out there and find a staff of learned people that can design and deliver a vehicle that will:

1. work in rough terrain,
2. in a vacuum,
3. must weigh no more than 462 pounds (76 POUNDS on the moon, FYFI),
4. is battery-powered,
5 can carry a massive payload of 1080 pounds,
6. must have acccessibility and capacity for two fully spacesuited astronauts,
7. must be able to travel a minimum of 30 km (that's @20 miles) fully loaded with samples and equipment,
8. must have a speed of 11 mph,
9. must be designed to fit on the outside of the lunar lander (which wankers here already flatly stated the lander wouldn't fit.) (Until shown)
10. must be able to withstand the rigors of blast-off stresses.

Now let's get those who "outed" NASA to go and at least tell us how they are going build us one themselves for $9600 .

1. Hire some illegals to save salaries of hundreds of skilled engineers.
2. Use your fucking garage so you do not need factories across the country to machine the incredibly complex components to make the ACTUALLY ACHIEVED requirements list above come true.
3. Use ONLY technology available PRIOR to 1971.

Oh... Lastly -- Three rovers landed on the moon. All three functioned absolutely flawlessly for all three missions.

Wait. There's been some inflation. So I will give you $100,000 to deliver ONE specification-perfect lunar rover.

I really get annoyed with -- NOT stupidity -- but IGNORANCE pushed for perverted fun*** or just plain ignorance to the bone. Try, trolls, to conceive what it would take for YOU to build an electric motor that will work at these temperatures in a vacuum:

Lunar Atmosphere Diurnal temperature range (equator): 95 K to 390 K (~ -290 F to +240 F)

Tellya what: Fuck it. Give ya a half-million bucks for a battery motor that would do it.

***To publicly wear the cloak of ignorance before one's peers is perverted. I'm done here.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s saying that the mouse is in space. He’s saying that the rocket is fake.
NOBODY is that fucking dumb.

Even an ignorant Chi-town denizen would know NASA would remove the mouse from the "final cut" of the "fake" video. So that logic fails within the realm of its own world'a parameters.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
OH COME ON!!!

Obtuse, studied ignorance doth vex me.

I am an EE. I'll just say to those who do not know accept/believe Ohm's Law that when I tell you that a car, a spaceship, a doggone sumbarine!! a satellite... Their electricty works with no problems.

If you do not believe, accept, and espouse that, you fall into only three possible categories:

1. You are lacking in certain basic knowledge, the very least of which is how to measure gravitic attraction****

2. You are enjoying being obtuse to watch others get bothered by blatant ignorance

3. You are a troll.

I would bet 10 Krugerrands it is Door Number 3. I enjoy your other posts, though. But this is beneath you.

HINT: This formula explains, among other things, why planets orbit. :don't know::rocket::witch::spaceship: That is, if they are really out there, and the sky doesn't just have holes in it at night to let light through.

****The mass attraction equation is written (please... do not troll as to why this formula is the basis for spaceflight).
F = G*m1*m2/d2

We have:
F = force of attraction
m1 = mass 1
m2 = mass 2

An old, funny High School happening. The Physics teacher was going to a demonstrate gravitic attraction experiment -- and in such a way the students could calculate it themselves that very day in that very classroom the mass of the objects used.

It was the steel balls hung parallel on long wires from the lab ceiling demo. Hang the steel balls and look up from underneath, and you will see the wires angle in toward each other sorta bowlegged due to the mass attracting mass of the balls.

So the teacher is setting it up, and looks around and says,

"Who has the steel balls?"

The class erupted when one of the kids shouted: "SUPERMAN!"
K, bonhead. U wanit u gets it.
This man is gonna start with the gravities. Splain that and I just might stop laughing and pay attention; and, whothef is attention and why should I be paying them?
Haha come on Walt step up to the plate;)

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
We have:
F = force of attraction
m1 = mass 1
m2 = mass 2
Excellent. So then at what speed does this mysterious "force of attraction" propagate sir?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
K, bonhead. U wanit u gets it.
This man is gonna start with the gravities. Splain that and I just might stop laughing and pay attention; and, whothef is attention and why should I be paying them?
Haha come on Walt step up to the plate;)
Haha right up to the plate: READ what I posted mikey. I give you this last troll.

If you cannot really read it, then I will point out... No, I won't. READ this time, what I posted. USE it to figure out how much thrust for how long to reach earth orbit. I will not hand-feed a recalcitrant student. READ and understand how the moon (which is essentially round, BTW) orbits the earth.

If you -- as I thoroughly expect -- still refuse to admit comprehension, well, some folks just cannot learn. They prefer to take a simplistic stance and hold it, asking other people to prove their chosen belief wrong. And those people will not cannot accept more information than they have... because it would make them see that they are obviously holding a four-flush busted straight.

Really done with fantasy and trollbiting.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
F no.... ahahh just because you're getting the sunlight first don't mean y can b mean and call me a troll.
Well? Now that I think about it? Yeah I trolled you. But, disclaimer: you are just sitting there like a guppy waiting to b hooked.

I suppose what im really saying is that this reality is not what u think it is, but day-mit don't the whiskey seem real?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Three body problem

Hummmm...
Maybe this is what the 'problem' is:
3 body.JPG

Y'all got to have a mathematical PhD to understand that stuff.
Maybe that's why you reject Einstein also.
Called the Math Way Too Deep Syndrome

BF

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Maybe it was Mighty Mouse! :winks2:

1648996129127.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all got to have a mathematical PhD to understand that stuff.
So keep it simple...where's the time element in Newton's provably wrong gravitational theory?

1648996043981.png

While I appreciate that you brought up Joseph-Louis Lagrange's excellent work that invalidates everything Newton ever inflicted upon the world with regard to the "law" of universal gravitation, it's not necessary to understand Lagrangian mathematics to appreciate how painfully stupid Newtonian gravitational theory truly is.

So again, if anyone could just point to the time element in the above pictured equation...that'd be swell.

We needn't even get into how incredibly stupid the "gravitational constant" is...we can just keep it simple and deal with time.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score