• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

well I'll be darned, NASA again

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
It kinda does and depends on how deep down the rabbit hole one goes.

I'm still falling, but I'll let you know if I find a bottom. Although at this point I don't think we know which way is up.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
there is no up or down in space. Also.

Robots can't hear you scream in space

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
So again, if anyone could just point to the time element in the above pictured equation...that'd be swell.
Like I said; maths is tough
especially if you're not into mathematics...

time.JPG

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
there is no up or down in space.
If there's no up or down in space, then what the hell is axial tilt?

1648996811402.png

Don't you by default have an "up and down" as soon as you poke an imaginary stick through a ball?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So keep it simple...where's the time element in Newton's provably wrong gravitational theory?

View attachment 253208

While I appreciate that you brought up Joseph-Louis Lagrange's excellent work that invalidates everything Newton ever inflicted upon the world with regard to the "law" of universal gravitation, it's not necessary to understand Lagrangian mathematics to appreciate how painfully stupid Newtonian gravitational theory truly is.

So again, if anyone could just point to the time element in the above pictured equation...that'd be swell.

We needn't even get into how incredibly stupid the "gravitational constant" is...we can just keep it simple and deal with time.

It doesn't necessarily have to have a time element. According to Clif and the electric universe theory it is more a result of how the universe functions. I mean if it is really being created and destroyed 22 trillion times a second and all. I can't really wrap my head around that one yet.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Without a time element one is making the argument that information can travel at infinite speed...right?

I mean that is what Newton was forced to settle on. Not by choice mind you, but rather because that was the only speed in which he failed to break his own <now> provably wrong equation. I say provably wrong because even with instantaneous propagation it remains unworkable.

While I believe that Newton's work was done in good faith, it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong and should have been abandoned centuries ago...particularly after Lagrangian mathematics made it obsolete to properly predict motion on Earth roughly a century later.

Bubble Fat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
If there's no up or down in space, then what the hell is axial tilt?

View attachment 253212

Don't you by default have an "up and down" as soon as you poke an imaginary stick through a ball?

This was my 'Ya learn sumptin ever day' moment. Now to go find that stick.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So keep it simple...where's the time element in Newton's provably wrong gravitational theory?

View attachment 253208

While I appreciate that you brought up Joseph-Louis Lagrange's excellent work that invalidates everything Newton ever inflicted upon the world with regard to the "law" of universal gravitation, it's not necessary to understand Lagrangian mathematics to appreciate how painfully stupid Newtonian gravitational theory truly is.

We needn't even get into how incredibly stupid the "gravitational constant" is...we can just keep it simple and deal with time.
K gots big problems with this one's.
buts.....buts I been driving whiskies and beers all day and am now going to check if I have leaks in my eyelids.

So < all have fun and just color me out.