• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

What’s Cracking In The Garden 2022

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Ok , here we go Ladies and Gentlemen's , start your gardens!

With current events being so unpredictable and fluid , we decided we are going to stay put and not move to Washington this year.

We will reevaluate our position this fall.

So in the meantime , we are jonesing to plant some veggies!

We are going to try and start more plants indoors in trays and then transplant to garden.

Veggies like beets , turnips , carrots , and onions. The plan is to plant more root crops to avoid the hail and 50-70 mph winds around here. The root crops have a better chance at surviving than tomatoes or any above ground crops.

We also plan on driving down to Rocky Ford and buy some bulk veggies if we decide to can up some survival foods.

And of course we will be planting our medical garden to add some new flavors to our existing back stock. We have lots of flavors to choose from this year and a lot of them are feminized seeds so no hassle about separating the males from the females.

First thing I need to do asap is buy a soil thermometer instead of guessing when to plant lol…

Off to the Salt Mines!

E467F5BB-F5AD-48F9-9BF9-183D8E9360C1.jpeg

Last edited:

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
how long did it take for that three wheeler to come up?
according to the level of toning, it's about ready to be picked, according to the photo

are you going for the same effect on that beach cruiser? it's looking very healthy right now

and when you buy packets of flag seeds, do they come in a twelve pack?

:summer:

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
o.k.

i've got some bush beans coming up, i used egg containers to propagate the seeds, then i'm putting the seedlings into single pots, same with jalapeno plants, putting them into pots for about a year?, idk exactly, but at least until they're larger

my tomato plants have loved the cooler weather and the rain we've had, the damned aphids need to be hand washed off of them every other day, little buggers, no poison, just light soapy water, i feel like a retard washing my plants that are still growing in the ground...but i do

i'm trying to expand my spinach patch and am planting cucumbers and onions everywhere, for both the fruit and the seeds

because i can basically grow year round, i want abundance, i want that American Excess that i grew up with, i want so many vegetables and fruits that i can give them all away and still have more to pick next week

it's my second full year and it's such a different thing for me to do, none of the novel has worn off because i've not reached my goals, but i'm getting there

and my medicine? one grew wild for me, and i pulled it a week or two ago, i've not yet had a real session with it yet, maybe today, but i've got three seedlings coming up and my goal every year is 6 - 8 plants

Happy Growing!

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
how long did it take for that three wheeler to come up?
according to the level of toning, it's about ready to be picked, according to the photo

are you going for the same effect on that beach cruiser? it's looking very healthy right now

and when you buy packets of flag seeds, do they come in a twelve pack?

:summer:

Brother Buck , I have a gf which is about the same as having a wife unit

I said that to say this , that 3 wheeler and beach cruiser , guess who’s idea that was , mine or hers?

we both take credit for planting the flags

but yeah , I hand planted all those flowers which were store bought……..not gonna do that this year , the plan is to plant our own seeds and save a couple hundred dollars

where the heck do you live that you grow all year round , Key West or Big Bend area?

Good luck on your 2022 garden!

are you growing any specific flavors of medical plants?

76C5745D-609F-49B0-A085-6717075F2B46.jpeg

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

I said that to say this , that 3 wheeler and beach cruiser , guess who’s idea that was , mine or hers?

but yeah , I hand planted all those flowers which were store bought……..not gonna do that this year , the plan is to plant our own seeds and save a couple hundred dollars

where the heck do you live that you grow all year round , Key West or Big Bend area?

View attachment 247960
southern california, if we were mehico, i wouldn't mind actually...

the seeds i have, i've gathered them over 30 / 40 years from the bags i'd consume, i'd toss them into a little container and keep them in the fridge for storage

idk what strain i'll get, some seeds, i know for a fact, were from hydroponic growth because the plants mature rapidly and some don't like the outdoors because they'll burn from the sun, as a seedling, also, they're prone to low production, one to two ounces at a time - but the one's that flower, i'll sometimes get some flavoring, most times it's straight up pot, i've not bought a single seed yet, but some of the seeds i have won't sprout either, that makes it a pain to count on having any particular number of plants as i propagate them six seeds at a time, using half of an egg container, i usually use six onion seeds for the other six holes on that container

i work them with some hot nitrogen in the last few weeks to pop the terps and generally, i pull them just a bit 'early', the terps are just getting cloudy...it's a 'new style' i did last year, pulling them just at the right time keeps the oils from getting to be 'too numbing'

although, i do have several bags left that will zombify me after a few days of ingesting...i eventually have to stop and change blends, because with some strains, i'll just sit around and eat doritoes

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

View attachment 247960
Love the concrete curb. That's coming from a long time landscape edging connoisseur. How many bags you got in that sucker?

Ps: should totally get a shoulder holster for that Makita. :D

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
New Jujube cutting appears to have taken well. Variety: Li.
Jujube's are hardy down to Zone 6. Tolerant of drought and extreme heat.
Fruit is tasty fresh and dried fruits store well. Great medicinal fruit.

20220304_105123~3.jpeg

Last edited:

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
New Jujube cutting appears to have taken well. Variety: Li.
Jujube's are hardy down to Zone 6. Tolerant of drought and extreme heat.
Fruit is tasty fresh and dried fruits store well. Great medicinal fruit.

View attachment 247995
You've got jube kidding! Never heard of of em.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Love the concrete curb. That's coming from a long time landscape edging connoisseur. How many bags you got in that sucker?

Ps: should totally get a shoulder holster for that Makita. :D

I believe it was a half of a pallet and the sidewalk was a yard and a half

mixed all the bags in my Jackson wheelbarrow and added a couple shovels of Portland cement to each bag of quickcrete

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

mixed all the bags in my Jackson wheelbarrow and added a couple shovels of Portland cement to each bag of quickcrete
What's the extra Portland do?

That reminds me I've been meaning to post a question for you in the WM thread.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Btw, I was just looking at the sidewalk and thinking, Damn, that looks good. That's what I should do here! (Been in contemplations of some design elements around the driveway area) Hmm..it's going to be hard to make it look as clean as he did..." Then parked my thoughts and replied above

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What's the extra Portland do?

That reminds me I've been meaning to post a question for you in the WM thread.

adds more strength , I am guessing the bags of quickcrete are maybe 2000 -2500 psi and that’s not acceptable

with a couple shovels of Portland that is gonna raise the psi above 3000 which is overkill for a curb but that is how I roll

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

i've got a few projects like that all around my place...
Btw, I was just looking at the sidewalk and thinking, Damn, that looks good. That's what I should do here! (Been in contemplations of some design elements around the driveway area) Hmm..it's going to be hard to make it look as clean as he did..." Then parked my thoughts and replied above
...none of mine look as good as spinals work...not even close

but they all work just fine

I enjoyed the photos

:2 thumbs up:

we've just had a few days of rain, Friday AM we had a down pour that lasted for several hours, had a second one, smaller in duration, we got 1.5" of water in less than 12 hours, that's a huge volume of water for us, i've been here my entire life, i was 'mostly' ready for it, no damage, just a ashit ton of water

i had all my important plants covered and the rest, well, they did just fine

it filled my rainwater system which basically is hardy enough to handle that intake as it's a 'pass through' collection system, all the water from the roof comes through my intake tanks, i have two collection points, two collection systems

it's gonna be chilly tonight, getting into the 30's here next week, but it won't freeze

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
i've got a few projects like that all around my place...

...none of mine look as good as spinals work...not even close

but they all work just fine

I enjoyed the photos

we've just had a few days of rain, Friday AM we had a down pour that lasted for several hours, had a second one, smaller in duration, we got 1.5" of water in less than 12 hours, that's a huge volume of water for us, i've been here my entire life, i was 'mostly' ready for it, no damage, just a ashit ton of water

i had all my important plants covered and the rest, well, they did just fine

it filled my rainwater system which basically is hardy enough to handle that intake as it's a 'pass through' collection system, all the water from the roof comes through my intake tanks, i have two collection points, two collection systems

it's gonna be chilly tonight, getting into the 30's here next week, but it won't freeze
Curious to hear anything you care to share regarding the rainwater system.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I ordered new chicks today.......can I come along for the party..........?

As usual, I wont get in a hurry and sow my tomato and pepper seeds til end of march.

I have a heap of soil amendments, and some poo. They look like they can go in anytime, I am holding off tilling, its so dry i am prewatering. te dirt is so dry its like dust.

If you think im lying you dont know me.

Weve gonna eat good this season, you can bet on it.

Prewatering for a big dutch shallot plant out as well, they r bulletproof.

I got nuthin...

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'll pm my address and we can change that fact!
I have spare cuttings in the fridge I could mail. As for fruit, it's gonna be a couple years at least before I have surplus production.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Veg seeds were readily available in both the local farm store and hardware store today.

I was thinking id plant weed in my greenhouse, but might plant food instead.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score

it looks like the spinalcracker is a cement technician............:secret:

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what he said ^

;)
to me, terpenes seem to be 'where the oil is'

terpenes on the plant, they look like those water towers that rise up on one stem and form a ball at the top
(but you gotta use a loupe to see them and when you look closely, they're all over the flower leaves as well as on the flowers themselves,)

these terpenes start out clear, maturing through cloudy white / gold / brown / and very dark brown

the darker the color, the more bang for your toke...the lighter colors offer a nice high with minimal body numbing while the darker colors offer a deeper flavor of smoke and will really get me ripped to the point, there's no sense in not having the Doritos bag already open before i begin

. . .
then i just gotta remember where i set them down before i began

oh the troubles

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
what he said ^

;)
to me, terpenes seem to be 'where the oil is'

terpenes on the plant, they look like those water towers that rise up on one stem and form a ball at the top
(but you gotta use a loupe to see them and when you look closely, they're all over the flower leaves as well as on the flowers themselves,)

these terpenes start out clear, maturing through cloudy white / gold / brown / and very dark brown

the darker the color, the more bang for your toke...the lighter colors offer a nice high with minimal body numbing while the darker colors offer a deeper flavor of smoke and will really get me ripped to the point, there's no sense in not having the Doritos bag already open before i begin

. . .
then i just gotta remember where i set them down before i began

oh the troubles
Those are called trichomes. The flavors and aromas you get from them are the terps. :).

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Those are called trichomes. The flavors and aromas you get from them are the terps. :).
o.k., that's part of the reason i'm not an expert in this field, and i'm willing to learn

...i probably read this once a few years back and have forgotten the difference...

and thirty attempts at a dry-roll from a wet 25 pack of papers, i'm successful:

After You, :weed:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Spinal those curbs are over kill! They 12" deep?

what are 'terps'??

yep 12” indeed…..if one is going to build a curb one may as well make one that will last a long time

just like the pyramids , this curb will be here a long time come rain , hail , or snow

2CB73DD2-3030-4A45-A6AD-B2E5FBB24002.jpeg

797E8A55-A577-4230-B687-943DAAA5F981.jpeg

AE5C31DF-8378-440E-A1EA-EF9D03B73FAC.jpeg

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
so....

get your dremel out and begin to carve a legacy that won't be interrupted for decades, at least

every craftsman has a story to tell...

:weed:

no legacy here Amigo , just a lot of memories

I got to pour and finish floors on this 77 story building in Tulsa

I rode a swinging scaffold to rub and patch those white walls on that building and I made it up to the 42nd floor before I drug up on that job

a gust of wind blew me and another worker about 15’ feet away from the wall and banged us up against it a few times before we jumped off

94214E1B-4119-40A7-B1F2-6572C0FF7B60.jpeg

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
no legacy here Amigo , just a lot of memories

I got to pour and finish floors on this 77 story building in Tulsa

I rode a swinging scaffold to rub and patch those white walls on that building and I made it up to the 42nd floor before I drug up on that job

a gust of wind blew me and another worker about 15’ feet away from the wall and banged us up against it a few times before we jumped off

View attachment 248706
Brother from Another Mother...i've not 'flown' in that capacity believing i'll have plenty of time for that, as long as the wings are attached to my back. . .

that's a tale for another day

and i'll bet, if 'charted' out, you weren't paid nearly enough

just saying

:beer:
oh wait

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Brother from Another Mother...i've not 'flown' in that capacity believing i'll have plenty of time for that, as long as the wings are attached to my back. . .

that's a tale for another day

and i'll bet, if 'charted' out, you weren't paid nearly enough

just saying

:beer:
oh wait

best pay I ever had was in Seattle around 1986

as a Union cement finisher I made a little over $29 an hour…with benefits and stuff the total package was near $50 and hour

I took home about a $1000 a week

wife stayed home with the three kids and we had money left over after paying the bills

not bad for 1986

I see Mexicans and a few white boys playing in concrete and they feel,good making $20 an hour

$20 an hour!……..are you kidding me

also got to work on the I-90 floating bridge and the underground bus tunnel

1579BBBD-9106-4051-8ACF-7269415B6FB3.jpeg

1E7DB461-4AE7-4EFA-B73D-43C24FBCF697.jpeg

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
yeah...i didn't build it either...(he says sarcastically)

i repaired that which it took to build it...and i spent much of my life, underpaid, making a family who've yet to end up in jail, yet getting my smarts at the same time. . .

they're not ready for folks like us and there are millions of us

that's why they've tried so hard to kill us and negate us and diminish us...they fear us

maybe what i'm thinking is the ability to share our story, in many ways, not so much carving up your nice curb, but in some way, to share what we know with those who don't...in some way we can 'skip a generation' or two...and stone / concrete has built the world and will last forever until a back hoe is involved...and that's a modern invention...

idk, just musing

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
A momma Tom plant's been chillin' inside this winter and has thrown out some flowers. Just cut off a bunch of clones the other day.

IMG_20220311_200107.jpg

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
all these years and I’ve not taken any clones off my tomatoes

I need to change that this year

got my Cherokee purple and Black Krim tomato seeds today plus four different varieties of cherry tomatoes

digging through my seed stash I came across these which I had forgotten about..
.happy day

DC9491C3-E9B6-4A54-92D5-AC898748ECFF.jpeg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Spinalcracker, how do you train/grow the vines w those big statured interdeterminate tomato plants? I grow mostly determinate (bush type) tomatoes here, and cage them, so they dont blow over? The cherries I plant 6' apart and they get yuuuuuuge, just let em sprawl..

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
^^^^^^

we drove some 10’ foot 1/2” rebar in the ground and train them indeterminate’s by heavy suckering , we try to have only 2 or 3 leaders and then just vine clip them to the rebar

you can see the rebar behind this c99……I had to get a 8’ foot step ladder to get the last ones

754EBAD4-EDDE-448A-89E1-3F8E2585DFE4.jpeg