• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

What Book Are You Reading Now?

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Well I tried and quit 4 different books on Kindle Unlimited, 2 of them in a row started with the horrible idea of having an intro chapter to tell us all about the main character; before actually starting the story. What?! Its one of the downsides of KU is that while you can read a lot of book inexpensively, sometimes finding the gems takes a fair amount of panning.

Anyways, then I stumbled upon a series by a Russell James
About a paleontologist that gets into a bunch of adventures. Imagine a low-rent, out of shape, unattractive version of Indiana Jones.
Turned out to be a fun set of reads. I'm on book 3 of the series:

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm slowly, when I get a chance, re-reading the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

Don't let the book covers fool or then don't judge a book by its cover.

Terry has a wicked sense of humor, a keen science and human insight. The series is worth exploring if you need some time out and not something serious to read and like science-fiction.

In Discworld, Death has an apprentice and a horse named Blinky, a troll solves the grand unified theory when locked in a freezer, and beware should you kill someone and not belong to the Assassins' Guild. The world's greatest mathematician re-incarnated as a camel, and now has time to think and the wizards of the Unseen University are always in the mix, with the most inept wizard, Rincewind, the magical equivalent of 0, turning hero. And the there is his luggage, called The Luggage.

Start with "The Colour of Magic".

Golden Regards
Uncle

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Almost done with "The Virtue of Selfishness" by Ayn Rand. Excellent book, imo.
Be very careful with Ayn Rand. I think she mixes truth with untruth.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
In Discworld, Death has an apprentice and a horse named Blinky, a troll solves the grand unified theory when locked in a freezer, and beware should you kill someone and not belong to the Assassins' Guild. The world's greatest mathematician re-incarnated as a camel, and now has time to think and the wizards of the Unseen University are always in the mix, with the most inept wizard, Rincewind, the magical equivalent of 0, turning hero. And the there is his luggage, called The Luggage.
Sounds 'interesting'
41 books??
And I thought the ten volume Mission Earth by L Ron Hubbard was a stretch.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds 'interesting'
41 books??
And I thought the ten volume Mission Earth by L Ron Hubbard was a stretch.

You'll know after "The Colour of Magic" or the "The Light Fantastic". After these you can hop around.

It's the most fun I've had reading books but unfortunately was only exposed around 1990-ish.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Magicians of the God by Graham Hancock