• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What does "Call for custom quote" mean at Provident?

Gstack

Seeker
Seeker
I was looking at some platinum coins at the Provident website, and they have the "buyback" price listed for most of them. However, the Isle of Man Noble only had a message of "Call for custom quote" for the buyback price. The selling price was the lowest of all their platinum coins, so it made me wonder if this meant they didn't even want to buy them back. I emailed them to ask, but they never replied.

Has anyone ever gotten a response from them when they asked about a buyback price? I ended up buying the coin anyway, but now I worry that they wouldn't want it in the future if I ever decided to sell it.

stAGgering

Silver Miner
Seeker
Custom Quote=Grab Your Ankles.

Just a guess.

"Custom" part, is free lube. HA !

Intersted in what occurs, have stack of 10 oz A-Mark bars.
If they are taking more than 13%... eBad's & PP's cut.

I wrote PP hA !

Last edited:

Gstack

Seeker
Seeker
Let me ask it this way:
For anyone who has a coin of any type that they wanted to sell, and the seller listed "Call for custom quote" for the buyback price, what price above/below spot did they end up quoting you? Was it much different from other coins of the same type?

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
If the spot price has been volatile, I could see the reasoning. Check on ebay to see how much the difference in available coins are. Or perhaps there may rarer than silver.

Gstack

Seeker
Seeker
If the spot price has been volatile, I could see the reasoning. Check on ebay to see how much the difference in available coins are. Or perhaps there may rarer than silver.
Currently, the price of platinum had been dropping, and is now rebounding. However, the buyback price of all other coins sold by Provident have been listed in the open. The only coin listing "Call for custom quote" in the buyback price location is the Isle of Man Noble. I was just wondering why only that one coin is listed that way, and if it indicates being an undesired coin.

Gstack

Seeker
Seeker
Well, one reason I thought it might not be desired is that the Noble had the lowest price. It was about $30 lower than all the other offerings. This, along with the "Call for custom quote" for buyback is what got me questioning it. I would have rather gotten a Maple Leaf or Philharmonic, but they were out of stock. So were the Eagles, even with their much higher price tag.

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry about provident offering a quote. They are a business more than a service.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I asked my LCS about selling him platinum bars or coins and he politely suggested I sell them to Apmex.
So besides a US Plat eagle set in a 14k and diamond pendant I bought my wife for our 20th I haven't bought any.

Same with that other catalytic converter metal that looks like silver. Palladium.
Nobody around here buys it so the LCS's don't want it.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I would have called for a quote...

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
The platinum Noble is a nice coin.

R.